Season ticket renewal thread ( merged )

bauld willie

Hungry hippo

If there is a demand from Hearts fans then surely the OF will only get the two sections.

I can't help but think the club are putting a hell of a lot of faith in these hospitality sections selling well.

I suppose if the hospitality section is quiet the seats would be released for sale.

I suspect a lot of the new 'hospitality seats' will be available for non-hospitality sale many weeks but it's easier just blocking them out now as once a season ticket holder is in place it wouldn't go down well to try to shift them.

Definitely better to overestimate in this instance as worst case they can be released for general sale and they'd be pretty popular vantage points.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bauld willie

Notice that when you get your seasons online, it now says, if you've purchased a Student or Under 13 season ticket you will be required to contact the Ticket Centre and provide proof.

That will very likely catch some people out.

I suspect a lot of the new 'hospitality seats' will be available for non-hospitality sale many weeks but it's easier just blocking them out now as once a season ticket holder is in place it wouldn't go down well to try to shift them.

Definitely better to overestimate in this instance as worst case they can be released for general sale and they'd be pretty popular vantage points.

Good points and put far more succinctly than my earlier attempt.

Notice that when you get your seasons online, it now says, if you've purchased a Student or Under 13 season ticket you will be required to contact the Ticket Centre and provide proof.

Did you not have to do that last year ?

About time the club clamped down on this tbh. For years there were people buying student tickets at student prices after they had finished studies or even using other peoples student cards.Some were in good paid jobs and doing this also. How do I know this? because I personally knew two people doing it. Funnily enough one of them was very good at making himself out to be some kind of moral crusader that was the ultimate Hearts fan giving, and donating, yet was happy to screw the club out of ST money.

Blackford Hearts

We are in Row 9 Section Q. 3 together with a mate and his son directly in front of us.

Happy with that as will now be closer to half way.

We are Row 7 Section Q. What numbers are nearest to half way line?

norrie1952

GORGIE RULES!

always has bud since the expression was used .My head says late 60s.Back in the Wheatfield next year HHGH.

hughesie27

Hope we have some affordable hospitality packages planned because having large chunks of the middle of our new stand empty most of the time won't look great.

Footballfirst

For every Main Stand seat that has been swapped then the allocated seat should be released, so there should be no reduction in the number of seats available.

Bungalow Bill

3,500 hospitality seats sounds like an awful lot to me.

Main stand hospitality is approximately 850-1000.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hope we have some affordable hospitality packages planned because having large chunks of the middle of our new stand empty most of the time won't look great.

Based on what we think we now know, the central section, plus the bottom 7 rows of the upper sections of P, Q, S and R are not available for season-ticket sale, so presumably are for hospitality, directors, and so forth. That's 1,490 seats according to the last seating plan. Who knows if X in the Gorgie will still feature for hospitality seating once all the facilities in the new main are open, but even without those, I reckon we must be more-or-less doubling the hospitality seating that we currently have.

That means a lot less seats in the man stand for season tickets as a result - but still a healthy 5,800-ish are available which is a good upgrade on what has been available in the old main stand.

It'll be great if we can sell that amount of hospitality. The only issue I see is if we lose the Roseburn to the Old Firm etc, it looks as if there's a scenario where we could have fewer ordinary tickets available for Cat A games for Hearts fans than we do presently - which I would find a baffling decision if it does indeed pan out that way. But we don't yet know the whole story - some seats may deliberately be withheld so general sale tickets are available in the new main, less hospitality may materialise - who knows.

As others have said, buying up season tickets in record numbers will help us maximise what's available to Hearts fans this season.

About time the club clamped down on this tbh. For years there were people buying student tickets at student prices after they had finished studies or even using other peoples student cards.Some were in good paid jobs and doing this also. How do I know this? because I personally knew two people doing it. Funnily enough one of them was very good at making himself out to be some kind of moral crusader that was the ultimate Hearts fan giving, and donating, yet was happy to screw the club out of ST money.

Ah, the days of bairns getting a lift over are long gone !

Based on what we think we now know, the central section, plus the bottom 7 rows of the upper sections of P, Q, S and R are not available for season-ticket sale, so presumably are for hospitality, directors, and so forth. That's 1,490 seats according to the last seating plan. Who knows if X in the Gorgie will still feature for hospitality seating once all the facilities in the new main are open, but even without those, I reckon we must be more-or-less doubling the hospitality seating that we currently have.

That means a lot less seats in the man stand for season tickets as a result - but still a healthy 5,800-ish are available which is a good upgrade on what has been available in the old main stand.

It'll be great if we can sell that amount of hospitality. The only issue I see is if we lose the Roseburn to the Old Firm etc, it looks as if there's a scenario where we could have fewer ordinary tickets available for Cat A games for Hearts fans than we do presently - which I would find a baffling decision if it does indeed pan out that way. But we don't yet know the whole story - some seats may deliberately be withheld so general sale tickets are available in the new main, less hospitality may materialise - who knows.

As others have said, buying up season tickets in record numbers will help us maximise what's available to Hearts fans this season.

Indeed, but I think it's pretty clear that for many Cat B games, the hospitality uptake may not be great. Easy then for the club to release, say, two blocks of hospitality seats for walk up sale.

Has anybody got a link to a seating plan for Wheatfield with actual rows\numbers?  I want to move back in there and want to jot down a few options when I call for a move.  Thanks in advance.

...a bit disco

They certainly put me through the wringer to prove I was entitled to the ESA concession.

Which is fair enough when they are giving me a ST in the new Main Stand for only ?240.

Tynecastlesmychurch

Can't wait to renew. Honestly missing Tynecastle already! Seasons not even finished yet!

Indeed, but I think it's pretty clear that for many Cat B games, the hospitality uptake may not be great. Easy then for the club to release, say, two blocks of hospitality seats for walk up sale.

Agreed Boab. I think any potential issue is really with Cat A games. We're going to have Roseburn seats for Cat B games as well as, in all likelihood, unused hospitality seats to sell.

Drumelzier

Did you not have to do that last year ?

Proof was certainly required to be shown in the TO for Student ST's before they were handed over.

Agreed Boab. I think any potential issue is really with Cat A games. We're going to have Roseburn seats for Cat B games as well as, in all likelihood, unused hospitality seats to sell.

You can start to see the reasoning of the re-introduction of Cat B when these things are discussed.

I'm still glass half full incidentally !

Maybe we'll all go nuts and buy up the lot !

Captain America

Renewed in 5 minutes, and also bought my lads first season ticket as well.  :brucey:  :smugger:

Moving over to the New main stand E-mail has been sent with the request etc. Moving date is 13th June.

According to ticket office Sections Q and R Upper and in between are all hospitality. That's a lot of hospitality seating if I'm correct it only leaves 2 sections for platinum left in the new stand.

I was going to renew mine this week and thought would need to wait until June to get my daughter's first ST as hers would be a new seat but reading your post it seems I can buy hers at same time.

I would sent off email to find out. 

joe.gausden

Renewed now but will have to shift seats as they moved me 9 seats away from my mates, even though we emailed them for seats together :(

johnnythejambo

It could be that due to the number of fans who have indicated that they want to move to the new stand from other parts of the ground that Hearts have held back these seats that are unavailable to make sure there are enough seats together.

Bungalow Bill

It could be that due to the number of fans who have indicated that they want to move to the new stand from other parts of the ground that Hearts have held back these seats that are unavailable to make sure there are enough seats together.

The club will also be ensuring that there are no single seats left too.

3,500 hospitality seats sounds like an awful lot to me.

We'll never sell that many in my opinion. Apart from potentially some of the Cat A games.

Wonder when they will tell us how many have been sold to date?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

"Hospitality" area include the Premium price seats.

Intersting these have not been advertised?

Clerry Jambo

Wonder when they will tell us how many have been sold to date?

The club are generally quick to tell us good news and vica versa!!

The club are generally quick to tell us good news and vica versa!!

Hoping we smash sales over last season yes season has been poor but need as many jambos to get season tickets......dont want to be hibs now do we!!!

From what I heard earlier it is the lowest number of renewals on the first day since Budge/FOH took over.

Apologies if already covered, is there a step up in price after a certain date this year? If so, what is the date? Thanks.

...a bit disco

Apologies if already covered, is there a step up in price after a certain date this year? If so, what is the date? Thanks.

There's been no mention of one?

From what I heard earlier it is the lowest number of renewals on the first day since Budge/FOH took over.

Who told you that ?

Rod Petrie ?

There's been no mention of one?

Didn't think so, cheers. Just a bit unusual I thought, usually there's an incentive to get in early. Can't help thinking there'll be plenty seats still to choose from come August time

...a bit disco

Didn't think so, cheers. Just a bit unusual I thought, usually there's an incentive to get in early. Can't help thinking there'll be plenty seats still to choose from come August time

Yep.

No Early Bird Specials this year. 

Elias Henry Furst

Who told you that ?

Rod Petrie ?

It'd come as no surprise.

In fact I'd be astonished if that wasn't the case.

Who told you that ?

Rod Petrie ?

You pass on information and get called a hibby.....the typical keyboard warrior this forum entertains.

...a bit disco

You pass on information and get called a hibby.....the typical keyboard warrior this forum entertains.

Wouldn't of called you a Hibby myself.

Definitely of the LEVEEN OO/KAFRO OOT!!!!1!1111!! persuasion though, where a downturn in ST sales would kind of make a point in your favour.

Yep.

No Early Bird Specials this year.

Some special deals for others though [emoji6] :biggrin:

...a bit disco

Some special deals for others though [emoji6] :biggrin:

Indeed.

Special deals for special people. :2thumbsup:

I never called you any such thing.

It was a JOKE.

From what I heard earlier it is the lowest number of renewals on the first day since Budge/FOH took over.

Probably but to use a football analogy, let's not worry about how someone's playing in the first minute....wait till after the game !

From what I heard earlier it is the lowest number of renewals on the first day since Budge/FOH took over.

As expected, and commensurate with the lowest-profile season ticket launch since Budge/FOH took over too. 

Jaap's Sigh

Sorry for repeating the question (I'm assuming it's been asked several times), but when is the cut off date for renewing your ticket and keeping the same seat?? There's a few of us renewing and are quite happy where we are.

Sorry for repeating the question (I'm assuming it's been asked several times), but when is the cut off date for renewing your ticket and keeping the same seat?? There's a few of us renewing and are quite happy where we are.

6 June.

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/5931

Jambo 4 Ever

Sadly if a small minority of people on here don't like what you post, you get called a hibby - but just ignore them

Can't say I'm suprisied by the lower number of 1st day sales... but still think it will be around the 13k mark by beginning of season.

Archived