Season ticket renewal thread ( merged )

bauld willie

Stuart Lyon

People in the Wheatfield and & Gorgie stands were invited to email the club if they were interested in relocating to the new main stand so I did just that. It now seems that come the 13th June the club will be contacting those who emailed in but they will also be entertaining those who telephone or visit the TO. I appreciate some people may not use email but I see this as potentially being chaotic with perhaps the same seats being offered to callers/visitors to the TO and those who emailed in. The absence of an online seating plan for the new stand is also frustrating.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Clerry Jambo

How many have we sold to date guys?

We all expected a drop in numbers but maybe it's quite significant and the club want to keep quiet at the moment. At the end of the day there will be an announcement good or bad

We all expected a drop in numbers but maybe it's quite significant and the club want to keep quiet at the moment. At the end of the day there will be an announcement good or bad

Yep its either a "Well Done" or a "Let's be having you" announcement, I suspect the latter.

Libertarian

Just renewed for myself and my two kids. Nearly ?800 in total. I was holding off in the hope that the club would see sense and replace Cathro but in the end I capitulated.

Lucille's Thirsty

Between 2000 and 15,000

:lol:

This made me laugh.

Lucille's Thirsty

I know some people aren't happy with what's going on and I am one of them but I hope people continue to back us and we have a good core of season ticket holders.

I'd be gutted getting the new stand and the first home game not selling out it would be an embarrassment imo.

Nookie Bear

I know some people aren't happy with what's going on and I am one of them but I hope people continue to back us and we have a good core of season ticket holders.

I'd be gutted getting the new stand and the first home game not selling out it would be an embarrassment imo.

I think a lot of people are hanging back to prove a point, but the majority will renew.

Finally got down to renew at lunch time today. Pretty quiet in the ticket office.

The fact it has been quiet would suggest that numbers are not as good as last season otherwise the statement would be up saying how many wehave sold etc.

Although having said that I would not really have expected any real info until after the first phase of sales have finished which is on 5 June I think.

loveofthegame

I think a lot of people are hanging back to prove a point, but the majority will renew.

I was kind of going down that line, but I go on holiday tomorrow so buckled and renewed yesterday. Two of the four others I go with have already renewed and the other two are planning on doing so before Tuesday's deadline.

Hope I'm wrong but think Hibs might outsell us on ST front this year.

Lucille's Thirsty

I was kind of going down that line, but I go on holiday tomorrow so buckled and renewed yesterday. Two of the four others I go with have already renewed and the other two are planning on doing so before Tuesday's deadline.

Hope I'm wrong but think Hibs might outsell us on ST front this year.

It's your right to hold back mate it's your money of course but it just adds to the angst amongst our support right now,the end of last season was horrid granted it's a whole new season in a couple of months

I have doubts myself but I am willing to give Cathro another go which is why I've renewed.

They've sold 10,000 in 3 months, hardly a rush.

Aye but they had sold 8000 before the end of the early bird period in April.

The fact it has been quiet would suggest that numbers are not as good as last season otherwise the statement would be up saying how many wehave sold etc.

Although having said that I would not really have expected any real info until after the first phase of sales have finished which is on 5 June I think.

There is no early bird discount so no need to rush.

Things are slightly different this year because of the new stand.

It would also help matters if the club would give fans access to a proper seating plan.

Aye but they had sold 8000 before the end of the early bird period in April.

So they sold 8,000 in 39 days.

Ours have been on sale for 18 days. Let's see how many we've sold in 3 weeks time.

In fact, I'll pay ?500 to the stand fund if it's less than 8,000 and you pay ?500 if we've sold more?

norrie1952

I think no early bird discount has a lot to do with the seemingly slow start.I personally renew on the first or second day but this year I waited til yesterday.I was always going to renew though and I hope so does everybody else.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

I was going to wait until the main stand became available but decided to renew last week. Perhaps some had the same idea.

The Treasurer

What "point" are people proving by starving the club of vital funds at a very important time of the year ?

What "point" are people proving by starving the club of vital funds at a very important time of the year ?

Exactly. Some people's hatred of Levein is greater than their professed love for the club.

lost in space

Not starving - delaying so as to make a point, showing displease at the pathetic way the footballing side is being mishandled.

Does the money from season ticket sales not go to the signing budget ?

Not starving - delaying so as to make a point, showing displease at the pathetic way the footballing side is being mishandled.

Or you could support the club

davemclaren

I imagine they are hoping a fall in income will prompt action to change the management structure. Personally,I couldn't ever see myself doing that to hurt the club just to force change. Gary Mackay proposed similar during the Robinson days but I don't think it was ever official SOH policy .

Renewed 2 tickets today yesterday's press conference won't have helped many rush to renew

Nookie Bear

Not saying it is an organized campaign, just that some people are still seething about last season and are at the "feck 'em" stage.

Been there before many times and they almost always sign up for another year at the last minute. There just isn't the enthusiasm right now.

Hungry hippo

We'll get on fine with the support we have

People can come back when they want

I like that approach. I already can't wait for the new season but if others don't fancy it then so be it.

stranraer-jambo

Renewed tonight for me and my daughter in Gorgie Stand.

Quietly confident (hopeful) that we will have more positive matters to shout about in season 17/18.

Bazzas right boot

Promoted from the old main to shiney new.

I feel special.

Lucille's Thirsty

Does the money from season ticket sales not go to the signing budget ?

We do have that main stand to pay for mate.

Thought Police

Folk moan about the standard of the squad but won't buy season tickets to help improve it....

Renewed our two  :thumbsup:

The way I see it is that either Cathro will come good and the team will be flying or he won't and will be ditched before xmas and we'll get a new coaching team.

Either scenario will please me.

Folk moan about the standard of the squad but won't buy season tickets to help improve it....

What a daft thing to say...not the thread for it but the standard is woeful because of the decision making by management, NOT the amount of money we have had to date in the budget to build with...

Try engage your your brain before you post please...Sammon/Osh/Martin/Rherras...

Easily 500k PLUS in last year on their contracts together, absolute disgrace the length of deals given for them minus Rherras who we have obviously managed to let go after 12 months...

How the money is managed or handled and over how long is the problem....

What a daft thing to say...not the thread for it but the standard is woeful because of the decision making by management, NOT the amount of money we have had to date in the budget to build with...

Try engage your your brain before you post please...Sammon/Osh/Martin/Rherras...

Easily 500k PLUS in last year on their contracts together, absolute disgrace the length of deals given for them minus Rherras who we have obviously managed to let go after 12 months...

.....and could, possibly, be a reason why some are having second thoughts renewing.

On a general point, I assume the club will make some kind of statement re. sales, at the end of this first phase ( Monday ) .

Stuart Lyon

Why hasn't the club issued a seating plan for the new stand yet? They must have one for managing the transfer of existing main stand ST holders to new seats so why not publish it for information only? I have been told Ticketmaster are still in the process of making the plan available online but its taking them longer than expected!

Clerry Jambo

.....and could, possibly, be a reason why some are having second thoughts renewing.

On a general point, I assume the club will make some kind of statement re. sales, at the end of this first phase ( Monday ) .

I would think so Boab. Looking like less numbers sold than the rats, more carnage on here then!!

So, the club haven't released a statement about number of tickets sold, and yet people say that it looks like we haven't sold that many.  How does that work.  Is that an ITK thing?  And if it is, is it ?100-a-week type ITK?

So far it looks as though this thread is filled with people who have renewed or are about to renew.  Where are the countless thousands who aren't renewing?

Ours have been on sale for 18 days. Let's see how many we've sold in 3 weeks time.

In fact, I'll pay ?500 to the stand fund if it's less than 8,000 and you pay ?500 if we've sold more?

Why you having a go at me ?

I was only giving you the figures that the Hibs are 'CLAIMING'. Mind you they claimed to have sold out their allocation for 02/04/06

I was only giving you the figures that the Hibs are 'CLAIMING'. Mind you they claimed to have sold out their allocation for 02/04/06

I will renew today but that awful feeling in my stomach watching us last season and seeing complete no marks wearing our clubs colours is the reason I have dragged my knuckles....

Thought Police

Fair enough but I don't think you needed to tell me to engage my brain. We are obviously looking at it from different perspectives.

I'm not daft enough to not recognise the poor handling of the wage budget thus far. However, I am not going to jump off the bus because I assume it will always be like this. I am optimistic that if Hearts continue to receive large financial support they will come good.

For example, people asking why we can't afford ?500,000 for Boyce? Same people who moan and say they're not going back due to management.

mellors1874

Me and my two sons are getting season tickets when new applications begin on 16th June

Hopefully by then more signings announced

Not having a go mate. I was referring to your original post (below) and just clarifying that there was no rush.

Hibs have been putting them on sale early for the past few years due to their cash flow problems (Farmer's ?41,667pm) and are now in that cycle where they need money in early as it's spent earlier.

If we did that I'm sure there would be some conspiracy theories that we're in big trouble and Levein has ran off with all the cash...

'I was just thinking if Hibs had such a rush from fans to buy early because of the uniform pricing structure perhaps we should have tried that as well.

Supposing we had said same price for anywhere in the ground and also made it first come first served. We would probably have shifted a lot more tickets at this stage and the club would have the money in the bank to help the playing budget.

We should consider this approach for next season'. 

It doesn't matter how many we have sold at this stage because the club would be called liars by some on here irrespective of the figure they presented.

The fact that there are so many people unhappy with all sorts of things within the club not least with the players we have signed should set alarm bells ringing within the heirarchy at the club and with the fans.

Instead of just slating people for stating their viewpoint has it occurred to you to wonder why there are so many negative opinions around just now?

Surely all these people are not just making things up and disbelieving for no reason.

Actual ticket sales is one thing that can be checked relatively easily by the seating plan once they go on general sale so it would be difficult for the club to lie about this without being found out.

Archived