Berra

Zibi

Салатные палочки

Or a fashion tipster for Cathro, they trainers are horrific

Word.  

I am however digging Christophe's desert boots.  

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A_A wehatethehibs

Fecking converse all stars on a football manager, plus they're not even looking at the camera.

Who the **** is the amateur who is in charge of Hearts Twitter? Is it Robbo or something? Shite photos like that would never make it past a social media manager, that's the official club account.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40031889

"We've had Perry and [midfielder] Don Cowie taking that position (Captain) and Don will continue to be one of the important leaders inside the group," added Cathro.

Unless the BBC have selectively quoted Cathro here, it looks like Kitchen's days at the club are numbered...

Captain America

"We've had Perry and [midfielder] Don Cowie taking that position (Captain) and Don will continue to be one of the important leaders inside the group," added Cathro.

Unless the BBC have selectively quoted Cathro here, it looks like Kitchen's days at the club are numbered...

Just read this.

I think Kitchen's "teas out"

I'll be in a minority here, but I think that's a shame if true.  I think when used properly, Perry's a good player.  Of course I say this not knowing who we maybe have lined up.  It may well be Perry who come August, but as it stands, I'd be keeping him and I'd certainly have played him a helluva lot more the last 4 months.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

I'll be in a minority here, but I think that's a shame if true. I think when used properly, Perry's a good player. Of course I say this not knowing who we maybe have lined up. It may well be Perry who come August, but as it stands, I'd be keeping him and I'd certainly have played him a helluva lot more the last 4 months.

Seems like he likes to blame the less technical players for not fitting into his system, rather than find a system that fits.

It's not like he doesn't try, he's just not very good technically.

Poor form.

Dalstonjambo

I'll be in a minority here, but I think that's a shame if true.  I think when used properly, Perry's a good player.  Of course I say this not knowing who we maybe have lined up.  It may well be Perry who come August, but as it stands, I'd be keeping him and I'd certainly have played him a helluva lot more the last 4 months.

Heard on pretty good authority he won't be here. Agree though, I think he adds to the squad at least.

I agree. His style of play was well documented when he signed and he performed that role well. I'd be disappointed to see him go as he's one of the few that adds a bit of grit !

Seems like he likes to blame the less technical players for not fitting into his system, rather than find a system that fits.

It's not like he doesn't try, he's just not very good technically.

Poor form.

I'm not so sure he's that "technically" deficient.  He keeps it simple, yes, and I can see how you could think he slows it down for us, but it's not as if we're exactly dynamic anyway, so for me he gives you energy and bite off the ball, which we totally lack.  We don't win 2nd balls.  Almost never.  Perry wins these and those scraps are a massive bit of football even at the highest level.

Anyway, I'm not losing my shit or that, he's imminently replaceable, I just think he should have played a larger role lately and has more to give but like so many others, has been somewhat marginalised to accommodate guys we knew were only here as stop-gaps - and doing a piss poor job of stopping the gap, at that!!!

Anyway, Berra thread, don't want to take off topic - Yay Captain Christophe!

We_are_the_Hearts

I agree. His style of play was well documented when he signed and he performed that role well. I'd be disappointed to see him go as he's one of the few that adds a bit of grit !

We can't afford a player who contributes the square root of feck all in getting forward or contributing to tempo or flow of play. Poor man's Gomis IMO. 

Dr. Bapswent

Hearts have been talking to Berra for months

Not just happened last five minutes

Talking to someone about contracts over the phone or in a hotel lobby and seeing that they are the right person to be the clubs Captain on the pitch are not exactly the same conversation.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Kitchen is the kind of guy you use, like John Millar a while back to make it 10 a side. Cathro  for all the rotten results is way more ambitious than that. He knows 11 players have to be comfortable on the ball to go where he wants to. Of course the egg timer is on Cathro himself, I think he is acutely aware of that and as such is having to make some very grown up and unpopular decisions with players. Manager cant be your mate.

Berra I think is the right type of ###### to lead us forward, meant in the best sense of the word ###### of course

A_A wehatethehibs

I'll be in a minority here, but I think that's a shame if true. I think when used properly, Perry's a good player. Of course I say this not knowing who we maybe have lined up. It may well be Perry who come August, but as it stands, I'd be keeping him and I'd certainly have played him a helluva lot more the last 4 months.

A year and a half in central midfield at one of the top 4 clubs in the spfl, 0 goals 0 assists. He is a good athlete but unfortunately he is blind when he's on the ball, picks the safe option and contributes nothing to the attack. He just does not have the vision to spot passes.

He might be a good player for someone who needs a head down defensive midfielder to break up play, but he doesn't fit at Hearts where we spend the majority of games in possession against organised hard working defences. We need midfielders who have that eye to unlock those defences.

A year and a half in central midfield at one of the top 4 clubs in the spfl, 0 goals 0 assists. He is a good athlete but unfortunately he is blind when he's on the ball, picks the safe option and contributes nothing to the attack. He just does not have the vision to spot passes.

He might be a good player for someone who needs a head down defensive midfielder to break up play, but he doesn't fit at Hearts where we spend the majority of games in possession against organised hard working defences. We need midfielders who have that eye to unlock those defences.

Don't disagree, but we haven't had that lately either, so Perry's energy would at least have added something.  Think of his performance against Rangers in the 4-1 (I know we could pick single games to highlight any player's pros or cons..), he was great.  I know that kinda proves your point as we weren't expected to control the game, but the fact is, we haven't been on top against your Particks and Ross Counties either cos we haven't been willing to win the battle first.

Anyhoo - that was last season.  Hopefully we'll all forget it soon!!!

Dr Ian Malcolm

Kitchen just didn't affect games. As a holding midfielder, he didn't break up attacks, win many tackles or shield the back four very well. The number of time he'd charge up field trying to win a ball he wasn't even third favourite to win, leaving huge gaps ripe for a counter attack. And that's all before his labourous attempts at moving the ball. Just not good enough.

Exactly. Kitchen is a decent player for a team like Ross County or Motherwell but will never be comfortable trying to pick a forward pass. Completely the opposite of Scott Allan [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Bizarre that Kitchen had his best game, and our best result/performance of the season, but gets dropped immediately and nearly everyone is agreed it was the right thing to do, when everything else Cathro has done has been torn apart.

Bizarre.

Kitchen is the kind of guy you use, like John Millar a while back to make it 10 a side. Cathro  for all the rotten results is way more ambitious than that. He knows 11 players have to be comfortable on the ball to go where he wants to. Of course the egg timer is on Cathro himself, I think he is acutely aware of that and as such is having to make some very grown up and unpopular decisions with players. Manager cant be your mate.

Berra I think is the right type of ###### to lead us forward, meant in the best sense of the word ###### of course

To be fair, John Millar actually scored a few goals for us, including a winner at Parkhead. Not to say he was a world beater at all. Has Kitchen even had a serious shot on goal in his time with us?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

To be fair, John Millar actually scored a few goals for us, including a winner at Parkhead. Not to say he was a world beater at all. Has Kitchen even had a serious shot on goal in his time with us?

True. I loved John Millar, what am I thinking of. Couple of cheeky arriving late in the box moments too I think. Kitchen just doesn't have that eh. I quite like him, great attitude etc, thought he was a key player in games versus Aberdeen, McLean was in his pocket. Cathro wants 11 players and no stoppers, it will all be about how we play, or at least that's the hope, Perry not in that mould. Fitted Robbies style though.

Yep, I think he had a couple of long-range efforts in a game v Celtic, I think, when Scott Wilson announced that there were a group of his friends over from the US to see him.

Yep, I think he had a couple of long-range efforts in a game v Celtic, I think, when Scott Wilson announced that there were a group of his friends over from the US to see him.

Were these long-range efforts "sclaffed trundlers"?

i wish jj was my dad

Talking to someone about contracts over the phone or in a hotel lobby and seeing that they are the right person to be the clubs Captain on the pitch are not exactly the same conversation.

Plenty of things to complain about with the management but a blind man could tell you that Berra should be captain. If the management hadn't worked that out by now they would be even more unpopular than they are now.

I read it as an early statement of intent and exactly what is needed.

HamishMcGonagall

Were these long-range efforts "sclaffed trundlers"?

I'm only replying to this cos I made an erse of myself at the time... But one was a half volley that had Gordon diving full stretch, n from my seat in the wheatfield I thought it was in. Proper jumped up right out my seat. My laddie was ending himself laughing at me

Bizarre that Kitchen had his best game, and our best result/performance of the season, but gets dropped immediately and nearly everyone is agreed it was the right thing to do, when everything else Cathro has done has been torn apart.

Bizarre.

Not really bizarre. He's tragically bad and rightly getting emptied

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Not really bizarre. He's tragically bad and rightly getting emptied

You miss the sentiment of the best result and his best performance being his last as a regular

You miss the sentiment of the best result and his best performance being his last as a regular

I think you're right about this. Kitchen was also a bit unlucky in that the next game (3-0 at Fir Park) was one of Tziolis's better games. Tziolis then kept getting a game even as his performances deteriorated over the next month or so, and Cathro (probably rightly) didn't fancy the two of them together that often.

Kitchen's very limited but he's not had much of a chance recently. If he goes, so be it, but he always tried. Can't say that for everyone.  

Berra did his homework on Cathro before signing. He spoke to some Newcastle players who had only good words about Cathro. Let's hope Cathro lives up to these accolades.

I liked John Millar. He done a good job for us.

The folks who were there can confirm, but I believe Cathro and/or MacPhee were pretty clear about the kind of player they want playing in that deep midfield position and on that basis they must almost certainly have at least one player in mind for it. As others have said above, I quite liked Perry and we lacked his drive and bite for a good couple of months, but there's little else in his game that would make you miss him should he move on. Seems like a good guy and I'd hope he does well wherever he moves on to. He probably would do well at MKD with Robbie.

Berra is absolutely the right choice as captain.

Fantastic interview as above...

Love the fact he missed the derbies and knows what it means to hammer the hubs :)

KirkiJambo

We brought Berra home

We brought Berra hhhoooommmmeee

Now he's our Captain

We brought Berra home.

I liked John Millar. He done a good job for us.

Hung like a horse apparently too

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
Салатные палочки

Wouldn't get a game for Hibs though.

:pleasing:

:rofl:

Past it

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Wouldn't get a game for Hibs though.

:pleasing:

McGregor who played junior football a few years ago and Kevin Kyle's bitch Paul Hanlon are better though likesay.

Archived