Worst pub you've been in.

tweegy

53 minutes ago, crunchy frog said:

The back room is full of Rangers flags and banners. It put me in mind of that father ted episode when the priest had  all the secret nazi memerobilia 😅

Would solve the lack of toilet paper problem.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• John Findlay

• luckyBatistuta

• Maroon Sailor

Davie HEARTS

Some life if the worst pub you've ever been in was in Morningside 😄

My vote goes to the Spey lounge - years ago popped in for a wee half, jakey boys scrapping over their dogs, women taking off their high heel and hitting the dogs, in the middle of the day!

17 hours ago, ArcticJambo said:

The Barologist on Commercial St down near the shore.  Pretentious nonsense.

Was in there when it was the Cameo, just before it became the Barologist. CL final 2018. £4.90 a pint of Tennents, and I spent 25 minutes at one point queuing for a pint.

7 hours ago, Locky said:

Was in there when it was the Cameo, just before it became the Barologist. CL final 2018. £4.90 a pint of Tennents, and I spent 25 minutes at one point queuing for a pint.

ffs.  We didn't even bother with a pint; once we had a quick neb at the menu we were given opted for a quick slash instead, and left. Along the road & sat at the bar at Carriers Quarters before heading up for a couple of pints (3.20) and some live music to close the Central down.  :lol:

Edited by ArcticJambo

In recent years the Grapes. Actually witnessed someone chug a massive greener onto the floor and his mates giving him a massive round of applause. Didn't buy a pint thankfully, walked out

2 hours ago, BarneyBattles said:

A pub in gala, the glue pot I think it was. That was some place, an old boy was dancing with his dug, had it by the paws up on its hind legs. 

Ge got a row off the barmaid as apparently it’s a regular occurrence. 

To to be fair, the dug seemed to be enjoying it and was a better dancer than me. 

I remember the gluepot. There was a wee backroom with a pool table in it. Looked like someone chucked a hand grenade into it. 

I Think I was about 19 and me & a few of my mates went in there for a game of pool. I accidentally smashed a pint over and some smelly biker guy head butted my mate in the face because he got a fright. Broke his nose. 

Quality establishment. 

1 minute ago, Morgan said:

As was one of its previous guises, Edwards.

To be fair at 1.75 a pint and live sports plus assorted characters its worth an hour or so of your time 

1 hour ago, Morgan said:

As was one of its previous guises, Edwards.

I was only ever in Edward's once when I was about 18 and it was certainly different 😂

1 hour ago, Bluesy1874 said:

I was only ever in Edward's once when I was about 18 and it was certainly different 😂

I think Saturday evenings were it’s most ‘different’ times!

Twice we made that error!

Auld Reekin'

Being charged £9.80 recently for a pint of Staropramen and a half-pint of (bog-standard) lager-shandy made me think that Brewhemia in Market Street was one of the worst pubs I've ever been in.

:muggy:

6 hours ago, BarneyBattles said:

A pub in gala, the glue pot I think it was. That was some place, an old boy was dancing with his dug, had it by the paws up on its hind legs. 

Ge got a row off the barmaid as apparently it’s a regular occurrence. 

To to be fair, the dug seemed to be enjoying it and was a better dancer than me. 

My old man told me a yarn about the glue pot recently. My mother went in there to wait on him. She asked for a vodka and coke, when it was served she asked for some ice, the barman replied "we don't serve cocktails doll".

I found it a handy pub though when heading into hunter Kennedys, if there was a queue I would dive in the glue pot for a pint.