• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• John Findlay

• luckyBatistuta

• Maroon Sailor

Libertonian_ii01

Dublin 1988 - after we'd beaten St Pat's 2-0. Walking back to the city centre through the Northside (this was before Temple Bar etc was redeveloped - Dublin was a total dump, especially the Northside) - it was a warm summer evening.. It came on a heavy shower and we headed for the nearest hostelry. Huge long bar. Boarded up windows, no tables, only nailed down bench seats against the walls. Gantry was totally plywood. The only thing on it were 2 X 40 ouncers - 1 whisky, 1 vodka. It had 1 Guinness tap and 1 Harp Lager tap. The half dozen or say locals stared at us in silence as if we were an invading army. One of my mates asked for a Bacardi & Coke and they fell about laughing. So Guinness all round. Got chatting, couldn't have been nicer.

Brian that must have been me......[emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Libertonian_ii01

Pub / brothel in Lisbon under a bridge.

Some of the hoors had their kids in the bar and one looked about 8 months pregnant.

They were kept busy as well.

That was following Scotland in the early 80s.

Surely someone else on here was there ?

:muggy:

Liverpool bar Oslo bar etc etc

Libertonian_ii01

Centurion Hearts visited the Old Wine Lodge in Newcastle after the Middlesbrough friendly in 1976. Full of locals and some discerning Hearts fans. They were serving pints of wine which made for an interesting journey back to Edinburgh.

was that not Yates Wine Lodge?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Amazingly for the youngsters on here I remember the Black Swan on the High Street at the top of Cockburn Street had the bolted down tables. I was in there with my old man once and a guy sitting at the bar had a discreet puke on the floor and instantly ordered another pint, which he was given.

A hero puke! Had a few of them. Did a belter at the bar in Century 2000 on the Wednesday student night and it was still there two hours later.

When I was young and naive, I ended up in Bairds before a gig at the Barrowlands, not knowing the obvious. That would get my vote. Although I was in the Vietnam one day before an early kick-off Boxing Day game (it was one of the few places open) when a mate came bag from the bogs stoney-faced after a boy stood beside him for a pish, covered in blood and said "ah hink ah've just kilt some *****".

Governor Tarkin

Old rule of never go in a pub with a flat roof applied.

The Goodies has a flat roof and is a fine establishment.

Correct.

I must have frequented them all, but that was by far the worst.

Well except for a bar in Estoril that turned out to be a gay bar which we didn't realise at first until approaches were made.

That's when it all erupted.

That would've been fun :lol:

a99d6bd6171f28438e924315f80f17f1.jpg

Probably this place in Belfast or The Royal at Moredunvale. The Penny Black wasn't great either but it was fairly good fun at 5am so that brings it up a few points in the horrific pub leagues.

Geoff the Mince

Probably this place in Belfast or The Royal at Moredunvale. The Penny Black wasn't great either but it was fairly good fun at 5am so that brings it up a few points in the horrific pub leagues.

nHad a pint in there after a March

Now the curly coo. Went in one night with my mate and his bird, we'd had a few but we're by no means drunk. We're asked to leave after one drink. We were just chatting.

The woman who runs the Curly Coo is a right piece of work. We were in with a mate who's in a wheelchair, and she just couldn't hide her disdain for him. Pity, as they do have a tremendous range of whiskies...

The woman who runs the Curly Coo is a right piece of work. We were in with a mate who's in a wheelchair, and she just couldn't hide her disdain for him. Pity, as they do have a tremendous range of whiskies...

His name isn't James is it?

John Findlay

Liverpool bar Oslo bar etc etc

Worst of the lot was the texas bar.

Edited by John Findlay

Hey! Leave the Penny Black alone. :wink:

Had a job assessment once in there.

Passed it too :clap:

John Findlay

Hey! Leave the Penny Black alone. :wink:

Had a job assessment once in there.

Passed it too :clap:

Was that in the days when a scaffy had to pass the Edinburgh A-Z? :-0)

Was that in the days when a scaffy had to pass the Edinburgh A-Z? :-0)

What's a scaffy John?

Pray tell.

scaffy was the boy that wandered round with a trolley and stick picking up the rubbish

Thanks White. :thumb:

Never heard that word in my life before.

The White Cockade

well kent Edinburgh word probably more used by us auld yins mind

maybe you are too cosmopolitan for us Edinburgh boys now mate!

or maybe just not as old as me!

well kent Edinburgh word probably more used by us auld yins mind

maybe you are too cosmopolitan for us Edinburgh boys now mate!

or maybe just not as old as me!

:2thumbsup:

Not too Cosmopolitan at all, just didn't know what that word meant.

Cheers mate!!

Pub upstairs from a Launderette in Greenock - late 80s. Had a Viking name maybe?

Brutal.

Thats still there i think...The Norseman.

Above a chippy in the much redeveloped Greenock.

Springfield Vaults at Parkhead for the 96 league cup final. 

Tables and chairs bolted to the floor. TV in a cage surrounded by chicken wire.

Bottles of "Becks" sold over the bar with a big sticker saying on the bottle "Duty Free. Not for Resale". 

Governor Tarkin

Had a pint in there after a March

I think you're mistaken, Geoff. Was it not the Ulster Rangers supporters club on Shankill Road we popped in to?

Equally grim no doubt.

Ended up in a RAF pub in, I think but it was a few years ago, Kinloss near Elgin? We were up there on a fishing trip.

Anyway I digress. It was a bit of a shit hole and we were camping close by. Ended up being "befriended" by some of the locals and playing pool, drinking into the early hours. The local pool champion was a girl. Well she was a big girl is a more accurate description. My mate ended up taking her back to the tent to sink the pink.

He was brave but to be honest I don't think he had any choice in the matter!

Can only have been the famous Abbey. :lol:

The White Cockade

pub that used to be at top of Cockburn Street on the High Street - Black Swan?

toilets downstairs were horrendous

MacDonald Jardine

I've been in there. If that's the worst pub you've been in you've had a very sheltered life.

Been in a load of shite pubs over the years but these are the one's that really standout

The Grafton in Liverpool, only place i've ever been where you were issued with your glass for the night, had to take it back to the bar to get your next drink

The Wee Barrell, Love Street, supporters bus managed to avoid the predicted bad traffic so got to paisley just after 1, started to head into town centre but it started to push with rain so went into 1st pub we came across. Place was full of home fans but no colours in sight or windows in the place. Horrible atmosphere and was so glad that we were heading into glasgow after the game so didn't have any colours on or we'ed have gotten an utter hiding!

The Fountain across from Fountainpark, only ever in once and vowed never again, couple of years later I was doing my SIA badge and the Fountain had 4 of their bar staff doing the course 'for their own protection'

Thats still there i think...The Norseman.

Above a chippy in the much redeveloped Greenock.

Take a bow Sir.

Was a horrific experience as was Greenock in general tbh.

Maroon Sailor

Porters, The Galleon & Broadfields are all pretty rough.

Went past The Galleon today and it looks a right shithole from the outside. Couple of jakeys tabbing up at the door

I remember when I first moved down here going into a pub for a quick pint in Sheperds Bush and being told white guys get served next door and I was in the wrong side of the pub. Another time going to see Orient in a pre season game against Dagenham going into a pub near Victoria Road, as I went in four topless guys told me you're not allowed in here, I can only assume I didn't get the dress code memo.

Always found the Clock Inn ok as used to go there regular back n the day also the Vietnam was a good for a laugh. Captains Cabin was always brutal from memory and as for Pat Stanton I remember him running the Tolbooth for a few years n the 80's

How's the Scottie these days? Drank in there a fair bit 20+ years back but a mate was barred, sin die, for goosing a barmaid.

Before the "aye right" insinuations begin: it WAS a mate; not me.

How's the Scottie these days? Drank in there a fair bit 20+ years back but a mate was barred, sin die, for goosing a barmaid.

Before the "aye right" insinuations begin: it WAS a mate; not me.

:Aye: Edited by Morgan

Bairds was brutal, remember going in before leftfield with mostly Jambos, not sure how we got out alive!

Clock inn, best night was after a Celine Dion concert!

Balmoral,metals with baseball bats!

Love bars with character!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harry Potter

barrel vaults airdrie, clerry bus done a disection of the local hoods, 

i protected a young lad i was 22 .

got lifted post game, not proud