Worst pub you've been in.

tweegy

The Black Dog, Brixton.

Canny Man's. Complete bell-ends from wall to wall.

Strattties, a ****** hovel.

Any chain pub, anywhere.

Village Inn, down the Fort. 

Interesting how this place polarises opinion. I think it's grand.

Edited by Thaw

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• John Findlay

• luckyBatistuta

• Maroon Sailor

There used to be some old man pub next to fountain park, pretty much where victor Paris is. Was going to the cinema but was proper early so went to the first pub we found. As an 18 year old back then, I was probably 50 years younger than the rest. Had one pint then left.

Les Izemore

The Black Dog, Brixton.

Any chain pub, anywhere.

The Village Inn is an interesting shout.

If you're talking in the last 20 years I'd disagree, over 20 years and you have a point.

Bridge of Djoum

Interesting how this place polarises opinion. I think it's grand.

Aye, true mate.

I used to live in Springvalley Terrace, just along the road. Twice I went in there only to be told ''regulars only''. The other 2 or 3 times I was with pals who wanted to go, who were not regulars and the same obnoxious walloper of a barman didn't bat an eyelid.

One of my mates ordered a 15yo scotch, not sure which. He asked for one piece of ice. The **** behind the bar then began arguing with him about putting ice in Scotch. After a couple of minutes my mate just said, ''just gimme the drink will you''. He was promptly asked to leave.

Bridge of Djoum

The Village Inn is an interesting shout.

If you're talking in the last 20 years I'd disagree, over 20 years and you have a point.

Was a while back I admit.

Shanks said no

Springfield Vaults

Football wise this would be my choice. Early 80's we were through there and my old man and his mate decided they needed another pint and decided we would go there. Are you joking, nah, its just a pub. I was a gallous 19 year old but this was going a wee bit far. Wall to wall Celtic, we were wearing colours, thought it would be a good idea to play the fruit machine, they didn't like that and stood round as we hoped to hell we didn't win.

Fast forward 20 odd years and I am taking my son to Parkhead for the first time, he sees the pub and has heard the story, yes we went in again. Far tamer around 2008.

Maroon Sailor

I recall that place.

Also, some of the boozers on Union Street in Guzz were...... interesting. The Twigs, Boobs, Blondes.

Great days.

You missed out The Clipper (Rangers pub) - that place stinks of puke and pish

If you mean the Albion Bar in Stirling, I once ordered 2 pints of Tennants and received an odd amount of change?? Are they operating half pennies in there!!

Now the curly coo. Went in one night with my mate and his bird, we'd had a few but we're by no means drunk. We're asked to leave after one drink. We were just chatting.

Star Bar in Northumberland Place. Dark, dreely and dirty, with an unwashed and long haired barman who was more interested in eating his soup than serving me.

Star Bar in Northumberland Place. Dark, dreely and dirty, with an unwashed and long haired barman who was more interested in eating his soup than serving me.

You must have led a sheltered life if Star Bar is the worst pub you've ever been in.

luckyBatistuta

Grew up in Morningside and it was a nightmare for my mates and I trying to get in. We used to sneak in the side door, but if he spotted us, he'd chuck us out. None of us were any trouble and never caused any bother in the pub, he just didn't like groups of young uns in the pub. He had this rule and that rule, you could do this, you could do that, because of the image he wanted to portray of the place. Yet he thought it was fine to have strippers on a Sunday and also fine to let us in then, which we did obviously even though we were still pissed from the night before.:facepalm:

There used to be some old man pub next to fountain park, pretty much where victor Paris is. Was going to the cinema but was proper early so went to the first pub we found. As an 18 year old back then, I was probably 50 years younger than the rest. Had one pint then left.

Would that be Clancy's?

Funny pub with a few rather odd regulars. Did see Billy Connolly in there 1979 I think.

John Findlay

Currently sitting in a pub in Middlesbrough, looks crap from outside but ok in, but what is the worst pub you've ended up in?

**** me. Who did you upset to end up in Middlesbrough?

Centurion Hearts visited the Old Wine Lodge in Newcastle after the Middlesbrough friendly in 1976. Full of locals and some discerning Hearts fans. They were serving pints of wine which made for an interesting journey back to Edinburgh.

John Findlay

Take your pick from these four in alphabetical order.

Anchor inn.

The Ferry Boat.

The Gunner.

The Wullie Muir(had my Grandad Dickson's wake in there. Way back in 1980).

John Findlay

I recall that place.

Also, some of the boozers on Union Street in Guzz were...... interesting. The Twigs, Boobs, Blondes.

Great days.

What about Pompey.

The PT(Park Tavern).

Mighty Fyne.

Mucky Duck(first time in there, they still had sawdust on the deck).

The infamous Joanna's nightclub. Where the palm tree got used more than the Gents.

Bridge of Djoum

What about Pompey.

The PT(Park Tavern).

Mighty Fyne.

The infamous Joanna's nightclub. Where the palm tree got used more than the Gents.

And Nelsons. Gosport?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albert Tatlock

Clancy's

The Black Dog, Brixton.

Any chain pub, anywhere.

Canny Man's now is shite.

Years ago it was a very fine place. Mr Kerr looked after his 'regulars'. Problem was though, you had to get past the sometimes officious door staff and then get served a few times by the 'officious' bar staff to become a regular.

Once you were 'in' though, you were in for life.

RIP Mr Watson Kerr.

luckyBatistuta

Porters Bar, fekn hole. Only been in to pick up passengers, but that's long enough for my liking.

I P Knightley

Canny Man's now is shite.

Years ago it was a very fine place. Mr Kerr looked after his 'regulars'. Problem was though, you had to get past the sometimes officious door staff and then get served a few times by the 'officious' bar staff to become a regular.

Once you were 'in' though, you were in for life.

RIP Mr Watson Kerr.

I used to go there of a Friday night in the early to mid 80s.

A wee tough nut called Brian looked after the door - sort of unnecessarily; I never saw anything approaching grief there. Mind you, it was a starting point before heading into town; I was never there near closing time.

As a youngster, a pint or two of snakebite often helped the evening get off to a start. The lassie behind the bar refused to serve me two pints of the stuff. When I asked for a pint of lager and a pint of cider, she also refused, saying, "I know what you want them for." Two pints of lager then, and 10 minutes later a pint of cider. We got there.

I used to go there of a Friday night in the early to mid 80s.

A wee tough nut called Brian looked after the door - sort of unnecessarily; I never saw anything approaching grief there. Mind you, it was a starting point before heading into town; I was never there near closing time.

As a youngster, a pint or two of snakebite often helped the evening get off to a start. The lassie behind the bar refused to serve me two pints of the stuff. When I asked for a pint of lager and a pint of cider, she also refused, saying, "I know what you want them for." Two pints of lager then, and 10 minutes later a pint of cider. We got there.

There's always a way around things. :lol:

Brian wasn't 'hard' though. He thought he was.

Take it you knew Tristram?

Grew up in Morningside and it was a nightmare for my mates and I trying to get in. We used to sneak in the side door, but if he spotted us, he'd chuck us out. None of us were any trouble and never caused any bother in the pub, he just didn't like groups of young uns in the pub. He had this rule and that rule, you could do this, you could do that, because of the image he wanted to portray of the place. Yet he thought it was fine to have strippers on a Sunday and also fine to let us in then, which we did obviously even though we were still pissed from the night before.:facepalm:

Morningside was great place to drink in these days.

If you didnae get 'barred' from the Belly, Wee Bennets or the Cannies after a Derby you knew it wasn't a good night.

You couldn't get 'barred' from the Merlin if you tried. It was just 'that' sort of place.

As for the 'Hermie' :phface:

luckyBatistuta

There's always a way around things. :lol:

Brian wasn't 'hard' though. He thought he was.

Take it you knew Tristram?

Tristram used to help us sneak in the side door when his old man wasn't watching.

Tristram used to help us sneak in the side door when his old man wasn't watching.

Tris, Frances and Vivien :yas:

His name is

Many years ago just round the corner from Kings Cross think it was called Flying Scotsman.Dump of a place with sawdust on the floor, unfriendly locals with some of the scariest strippers ever seen!!

Thought of this place as soon I read the thread title. I thought it was called the Caledonian bar? Could be wrong. Definitely the same pub you describe.the place was stinking. ?1 in the pint glass to watch the 'entertainment'

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

luckyBatistuta

This

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

I can't say it's shit, because I've only been at the front door, then decided I wasn't that stupid.

luckyBatistuta

Springfield Vaults

I can't say it's shit, because I've only been at the front door, then decided I wasn't that stupid.

The Tower, down the docks, locals charging Filipino sailors 50P to watch the stripper.

2 doors to the place, polis came in one door and nere do wells left by other. Polis being tripped up by their mothers (nere do wells) when trying to chase them

Maroon Sailor

What about Pompey.

The PT(Park Tavern).

Mighty Fyne.

That was the bog standard run

Half of Spanners ended up on our Gronk Board

Doctor FinnBarr

I've been in a few holes over the years but Bridies in the early 90s must have been the worst of the worse, piss from the flooded bog floor leaking into your boots because of the amount of puke clogging the bogs, Scouse manager who'd reject your music off the jukky if he didn't like it........I could go on.

Governor Tarkin

Pub in Sarajevo at bottom of high rise flats

I remember that day. The top few floors of the high rise had been shelled and were burnt out and mostly missing. Bullet holes all up the wall outside the pub. The guy behind the bar was wondering what a couple of ?kotski were doing so far off the beaten track.

Wasn't the worst pub we were in that week, Geoff.

millerjames398

The crossbow bar in camelon which is now a Chinese buffet restaurant, best I can describe it is like the the jockey pub in shameless,characters in 7 days a week from opening to shutting time,a real housing estate pub lol

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Hugh Phamism

The Unicorn in Lithgy used to be dodgy. Especially for us Bo'ness boys...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chester copperpot

The Galleon in Porty. Went in once with my dad before the smoking ban, and you could literally cut blocks of tar from the nicotine off the walls.

Absolutely howling, minging place. We used to do the Galleons xmas night do at the Porty masonic lodge and it would be the busiest night of the year. Fights, folk pissed themselves at their seats, one boy shat (diarrhea) all over the floor of the toilets.

Stuart Lyon

Many years ago the Canny Mans guy declined to serve me and when I asked why he said because you're not a regular. I said how do I become a regular if you won't serve me? What would you like he said - nothing stick it up your ar*e I replied. Never been back.