General Election

Don Dan

lauriesrank

Unfortunately I think the Tories will scrape this too, SNP will get about 40 seats, if the Tories have to win it then I need them to win between 326-350 (got a few quid on it at 7/2).

However, get your money on May getting kicked as her position is untenable if the exits are anything to go by.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Psychedelicropcircle

If Labour gain in Scotland it's down to corbyn alone. Scottish labour played no part.

Jambof3tornado

SNP bird on bbc1 doing my napper in.

Cant answer any questions at all.

All about the other parties.

I know we're talking about two constituencies here, but it is interesting that in the constituencies that have declared so far, Labour led the Tories by 36.4% in 2015, and by 35% in 2017.  That's a slight swing AWAY from Labour.

Sunderland Central will also be interesting.  Last time, Labour won that one by 27 percentage points.

SNP bird on bbc1 doing my napper in.

Cant answer any questions at all.

All about the other parties.

She's being ripped to pieces lol she's not the brightest maybe shouldn't mock her :biggrin:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Space Mackerel

If Labour gain in Scotland it's down to corbyn alone. Scottish labour played no part.

Yep, agree with this. Think there's been a massive swing to Labour in Scotland due to Corbyn.

Jambof3tornado

This thread is going to get well out of hand.

Love you all.

Certain posters have a history of dragging any thread down.

Lets hope people behave no matter how big the tory majority is or how many seats in scotland thd snp lose.

Jambof3tornado

She's being ripped to pieces lol she's not the brightest maybe shouldn't mock her :biggrin:

Maybe not the brightest but is doing a poor job representing her party.

JudyJudyJudy

Yep, agree with this. Think there's been a massive swing to Labour in Scotland due to Corbyn.

Exactly right ...Scottish Labour bunch of back stabbers in particular Kezia and Ian Murray.  Ungrateful *******s

Priti Patel is very well named.

I think this will pan out as the most bizarre set of results in many a year.

Maybe not the brightest but is doing a poor job representing her party.

Agreed.

Space Mackerel

Exactly right ...Scottish Labour bunch of back stabbers in particular Kezia and Ian Murray. Ungrateful *******s

Murray getting on a ticket of opposing JC, you've seen it all now.

I know we're talking about two constituencies here, but it is interesting that in the constituencies that have declared so far, Labour led the Tories by 36.4% in 2015, and by 35% in 2017.  That's a slight swing AWAY from Labour.

Sunderland Central will also be interesting.  Last time, Labour won that one by 27 percentage points.

Another one suggesting a slight swing AWAY from Labour.

AlimOzturk

I don't believe you.

Think my point was clear enough.

Harsh. I think Space Mackerel has people on this board who know him so i doubt he would lie that. Awful, getting so personal ffs.

Cmon lads, it is ****ing politics.

I think Corbyn is a labour leader who won't appeal to the traditional labour areas but very much to the labour voters in less traditional areas.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Michal Hussein looking foxy tonight.

As does Dimbleby. In the interests of fairness & equality.

I'd ride him if it meant I got to ride her

Harsh. I think Space Mackerel has people on this board who know him so i doubt he would lie that. Awful, getting so personal ffs.

Cmon lads, it is ******* politics.

I just found it difficult to believe someone would make such a crass comment to someone about a disease a family member died from. Maybe that's how his mind works I've no idea. But he's a history of telling porkies and over exaggerating.

Anyway it's done. Don't want to sidetrack the thread

AlphonseCapone

:2thumbs:

Tbf looking at many posts on this thread my language regarding MP's I dislike is quite moderate in comparison. Are you always so easily offended ? Or you just pissed off Don Corleone is a better boss than Capone? Lol

Most of them come from folk who are always at it, you are usually reasonable.

Your Corleone being better than Capone comment is the worst by a distance on this thread :laugh:

Jambof3tornado

Ukip losing votes big style.

Still reckon the tories will hit 330 and the snp will drop to 35-38 seats.

Early days though.

SwindonJambo

Unfortunately I think the Tories will scrape this too, SNP will get about 40 seats, if the Tories have to win it then I need them to win between 326-350 (got a few quid on it at 7/2).

However, get your money on May getting kicked as her position is untenable if the exits are anything to go by.

All the bookies offering odds on for a Tory Majority of some sort. 3rd seat declared an in all 3 cases Tories doing far better than the exit poll suggested.

https://www.oddschecker.com/politics/british-politics/next-uk-general-election/overall-majority

I've a sneaking feeling They'll scrape home, assisted by a handful of wins in Scotland to drag them over the line. Nuts.

Space Mackerel

I just found it difficult to believe someone would make such a crass comment to someone about a disease a family member died from. Maybe that's how his mind works I've no idea. But he's a history of telling porkies and over exaggerating.

A joke about expats suffering from skin cancer and you get all precious?

:-/

Most of them come from folk who are always at it, you are usually reasonable.

Your Corleone being better than Capone comment is the worst by a distance on this thread :laugh:

:biggrin: :2thumbs: lol

AlimOzturk

A joke about expats suffering from skin cancer and you get all precious?

:-/

Wait....

:wtf:

Radio Ga Ga

Ulysses, I was really interested to read your poll analysis earlier on in this thread, have you been looking at things tonight?

56anawthat

Michal Hussein looking foxy tonight.

As does Dimbleby. In the interests of fairness & equality.

No votes for Jackie Bird and Brian Taylor then? Surely a more attractive couple...

Ulysses, I was really interested to read your poll analysis earlier on in this thread, have you been looking at things tonight?

Yep, and my prediction was more favourable to the Tories than the exit poll prediction.

Radio Ga Ga

Yep, and my prediction was more favourable to the Tories than the exit poll prediction.

Thanks, I thought you had the Nationalists at around the 45 seats 'ish?

Geoff Kilpatrick

Space Mackerel has himself rolling on the floor.

Anyway, looks like John Curtice is shitting himself a bit here as his Maths is a bit Diane Abbott!

Francis Albert

Might be something to do with the collapse of the UKIP vote in these constituencies with most returning to the Conservatives?

King Of The Cat Cafe

I have a nagging feeling that those exit polls cannot be relied on. Reckon you can use your winnings to offset the cost of your ST :) Or maybe :( if you would rather have a Tory meltdown.

Sooperstar

Tory Majority odds back out to 4/6. Some legs in this yet. Apparently the YouGov poll has been most accurate so far and predicts an even worse night for the Tories than the BBC one. And a better night for SNP.

Couple of encouraging Labour vote gains from UKIP now. This could be incredibly interesting. Could be a record number of marginal seats all over the country.

Space Mackerel

Space Mackerel has himself rolling on the floor.

Anyway, looks like John Curtice is shitting himself a bit here as his Maths is a bit Diane Abbott!

Waiting on a thread on marks of 10?

Might be something to do with the collapse of the UKIP vote in these constituencies with most returning to the Conservatives?

Newcastle East has just declared looks like in this one Labour have gained from the UKIP share. Think that's how it's going to be all night, and different areas one or the other is going to get the UKIP vote

Siphiwe Tshabalala

Will the price of holidays come down tomorrow or not?

**** the Tories and everything they stand for, by the way.

Thanks in advance.

Couple of encouraging Labour vote gains from UKIP now. This could be incredibly interesting. Could be a record number of marginal seats all over the country.

Massive gain for them in Swindon

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Will Diane abbott be well enough to attend her count?

Dusk Till Dawn's exit poll predicts - yes, yes she will!

UKIP will collapse around the country, and the Conservatives will get most of those votes, but that effect seems to be more pronounced in the North-East of England than in other regions.  At an earlier stage in the election campaign, a YouGov series of regional opinion polls showed the Conservatives as gaining more in the North-East than in any other part of England.

Mmmmmmmm. Vote share +/- compared to Tories seems to be the detail to look at. I think on average Labour need to be getting about +8% to start making significant gains.

EwanHearts

A man who looks at the data.

SwindonJambo

Swindon North & South were both solidly Labour in Blair's 3 wins. The Tories will easily win South as it's wealthier. The town voted 55% for Brexit.

Archived