General Election

Don Dan

SwindonJambo

We're talking politicians here, mate. Whiter than white is a phrase than can never be used in their line of work....and that's across the board.

Never a truer word said. They'll generally say anything to get elected. It goes with The territory. Even those who enter Politics with the best of intentions soon learn the dark arts of the trade.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maroon Sailor

All you need to know about Sturgeon

1. Has a go at May for not being elected

2. Calls May for being an opportunist in calling a snap election

3. Says May must regret calling snap election

Corbyn's spending plans are ludicrous. I'm sorry but there's no other way of looking at it

Can you explain what specific parts are ludicrous

ToadKiller Dog

Survation the only pollsters still calling it close 1% between Labour and Tory spivs , Yougov have moved from Tory spivs lead of 4% to 7% .

Scottish samples of the big pollsters have the SNP anything from 45% to 38% .

http://scotgoespop.blogspot.co.uk/2017/06/election-eve-polling-roundup.html?m=1

Personally the size of the Tory lead will depend on the under 30 voters getting off their backsides and voting .

Hasselhoff

I predict another tory majority followed by protest by labour on the streets at the unfairness of it all. Labour/SNP vilify tory voters so much that we just keep quiet and do our talking in the voting booth

Sir Alan Sugar is a Labour guy through and through and even he is advising we go nowhere near Corbyn

Labour may have been able to polish a turd but he is still just a protesr politician and should be allowed nowhere near the controls of our country

Seymour M Hersh

Please. So what?

The other is now shown to be a rank hypocrite.

So she cannot be trusted to keep private matters private (assuming the dug ever said those words to her). Ergo she cannot be trusted. But no doubt you'll slurp like fury regardless. 

Seymour M Hersh

You mean like the Great Corbyn who now advocates shoot to kill after disavowing it for years.

Has he though. I'm sure he just used some empty phrase like full force of the law.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

There is a difference between shoot to kill as was advocated in NI and using lethal force to stop a terror attack as it is taking place.

Your transformation from Labour to Conservative is now complete.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rubbish. Corbyn knew exactly what he was talking about. Just found himself in a corner given the events of London Bridge so stuck the car in reverse gear.

He'd be a hopeless prime minister. May's a poor prime minister but he'd be worse.

Or opportunism. And that cuts both ways too.

And May has never changed her mind? How many u-turns in this campaign alone?

hughesie27

And May has never changed her mind? How many u-turns in this campaign alone?

The campaign happening in the first place...

Young people, please, get off your arses and vote today. Less than 40% of under 24s bothering last time was a disgrace.

I predict another tory majority followed by protest by labour on the streets at the unfairness of it all. Labour/SNP vilify tory voters so much that we just keep quiet and do our talking in the voting booth

Sir Alan Sugar is a Labour guy through and through and even he is advising we go nowhere near Corbyn

Labour may have been able to polish a turd but he is still just a protesr politician and should be allowed nowhere near the controls of our country

Don't give us this Labour stuff with Sugar. He joined the party when Blair was trying to turn it into the Tories and left when the Labour members voted in a leader that represented what they thought a Labour Party should look and act like.

The Tories will win, that's for sure, but for him to go public denouncing Corbyn, I would hope people would see through the smoke !

I hope everyone get what they wish for!

Except Spacey.

he's never getting Brigadoon, no matter the general election result, his utopia doesn't exist in the world of politics.

deesidejambo

he's never getting Brigadoon, no matter the general election result, his utopia doesn't exist in the world of politics.

Indeed - if this is anything to go by.......

i believe the expression is...................   brutal

Geoff Kilpatrick

Shouldn't this thread be locked to allow everyone to "reflect"?

::troll:::'>

Shouldn't this thread be locked to allow everyone to "reflect"?

::troll:::'>

there will be plenty reflecting after the vote as well as our usual deflecting

Prince Buaben

Didn't get a chance to vote yet. 

Surprised no Poll yet though.

Voted Tory via postal vote.

Could never bring myself to vote for the Marxist Labour or the divisive SNP.

To be honest there's none of them any good. 

Captain Sausage

Annoying that booths open at 7. My polling station is literally opposite my house but I leave for work at 6.30 and won't get back until after 10! Will have to nip home at lunch instead.

Jambof3tornado

Done.

Mon the Tories!!

Notoindyref2!!

Done.

Mon the Tories!!

Notoindyref2!!

And Yes! to more austerity and severe cuts.

Well done.

doctor jambo

Cannot vote labour as that would mean personal financial disaster.

Struggle to vote SNP , but they be the only option to keep labour out, but still with a tax hike

cannot bring myself to vote Tory and thus continue the never ending pay freeze

nobody else even worth considering

not going to vote

Bowmans_Boot

Done.

Mon the Tories!!

Notoindyref2!!

The ONLY issue worth thinking about for this GE. Great, deep political analysis and thinking.

Jambof3tornado

And Yes! to more austerity and severe cuts.

Well done.

Aye because Labour is going to spend spend spend out of whose pockets??

As for sturgeon, she's done nothing but divide the country!!

Jambof3tornado

Struggle to vote SNP , but they be the only option to keep labour out, but still with a tax hike

not going to vote

Pay freeze here too but got to put your mark somewhere!!

Jambof3tornado

The ONLY issue worth thinking about for this GE. Great, deep political analysis and thinking.

Its my biggest concern not the only issue.

But I likes a catchy hashtag.

Bowmans_Boot

Its my biggest concern not the only issue.

But I likes a catchy hashtag.

To be honest, it shouldnt be anywhere near anybodys biggest issue for this GE.

The Tories have done a fine job in persuading some people to ignore real issues and only think about this.

not going to vote

What constituency you in? 

not going to vote

I was out last night and there's many in this boat. They just don't like any option on offer...That's a sad reality of our countries politicians.

HaymarketJambo

Aye because Labour is going to spend spend spend out of whose pockets??

Does Maggie May not divide the country? 

SwindonJambo

I was out last night and there's many in this boat. They just don't like any option on offer...That's a sad reality of our countries politicians.

That's how I feel. I firmly believe we have by far the lowest calibre of Politician across the board in my lifetime. It does'nt really matter who I choose as I live in a mega-safe Tory seat with a very privileged toff the sitting tenant (Wantage).

I always vote, usually Labour but have no time for the Corbyn iteration of the party. I'll likely end up with the Lib-Dumbs just for the sake of voting, even though I've no love for them.

michael_bolton

The unionist parties have done a great stitch-up job in convincing so many hard-of-thinking Scots that the prospect of a second referendum is even close to being the biggest political issue facing Scots.

Sad so many seem to have fallen for it.

SwindonJambo

Does Maggie May not divide the country? 

They ALL divide the country! That's what politics is all about - the whole spectrum of views.

michael_bolton

I never understand this view. Are we supposed to pretend everyone in the country just agrees on everything? Politics is about disagreement and debate. It's inherently divisive. Yet, again, the media (and political opponents) repeatedly call Sturgeon divisive and people actually start to believe it. It's an incredible psychological trick.

All politics is divisive. That's what it is.

Bowmans_Boot

The unionist parties have done a great stitch-up job in convincing so many hard-of-thinking Scots that the prospect of a second referendum is even close to being the biggest political issue facing Scots.

This. It is debatable whether it is even relevant to this GE.

the separatist party through their total inability to do ANY governance what so ever, have done a good job in forcing SCOTS to vote for the hated tories. their lack of any action and just accepting tory policy while sitting on their hands, means a tory vote is just keeping things as they are.

michael_bolton

the separatist party through their total inability to do ANY governance what so ever, have done a good job in forcing SCOTS to vote for the hated tories. their lack of any action and just accepting tory policy while sitting on their hands, means a tory vote is just keeping things as they are.

Quite a bizarre view there.

No matter what you think of the SNP, anyone voting for the platform put forward by the Tories needs to have a long think about what kind of human being they are and what kind of country they'd like to live in.

Nothing to do with the SNP.

doctor jambo

Indeed, I see my X as having some value, and I would hate to think some politician used my X to legitimise what they were on about.

Meh

doctor jambo

It is up to you how you vote or don't vote, but I find it surprising that you think a Labour Government would result in a financial disaster for you.

Also the SNP are not going to form a government so they can't put your taxes up.

SNP have the power to raise or lower income tax.......

And after a 10 year pay freeze, the thought of Corbyn bamming me right up with a tax hike on everything over 80k would be a right kick in the moos.

My shoulders don't feel as broad as they used to.............................................

Quite a bizarre view there.

No matter what you think of the SNP, anyone voting for the platform put forward by the Tories needs to have a long think about what kind of human being they are and what kind of country they'd like to live in.

Nothing to do with the SNP.

you were the twat that threw in the "UNION" party pish.

SNP= do **** all but whinge about London= tory policy

tories= well, its the same as it is= austerity

Lab= corbyn and his radical crap= increasing tax and debt

what kinda human are you ?

michael_bolton

you were the twat that threw in the "UNION" party pish.

SNP= do **** all but whinge about London= tory policy

tories= well, its the same as it is= austerity

Lab= corbyn and his radical crap= increasing tax and debt

what kinda human are you ?

My goodness, you are an angry little chap.

You're quite hard to understand. Just a ball of rage.

Go and have a tug, get some cans in and watch the results on the telly tonight. Give yourself a holiday.

Archived