General Election

Don Dan

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
132goals1958

And so the bluster, double speak, and hypocrisy commences. Fiona May --- I am acting in the national interest first and foremost ----no you are not. Jeremy Corbyne  ---  I look forward to it with relish  --- no you don,t. Nicola Sturgeon --- She is putting party political interest first ------ Well doesn't every political party including your own. Going to be a long seven weeks.   

Thunderstruck

And so the bluster, double speak, and hypocrisy commences. Fiona May --- I am acting in the national interest first and foremost ----no you are not. Jeremy Corbyne --- I look forward to it with relish --- no you don,t. Nicola Sturgeon --- She is putting party political interest first ------ Well doesn't every political party including your own. Going to be a long seven weeks.

Why not get a postal vote and then get away from it all -

http://cargoshipvoyages.com

doctor jambo

Labour should go all in and state that a vote for them and they will reverse triggering article 50

SwindonJambo

Currency (?) up against the Euro and Dollar.

And much more so against a good few other World Currencies.

Labour should go all in and state that a vote for them and they will reverse triggering article 50

Now THAT would make for an interesting election.

There seems to be a couple of people on here not quite sure of the difference between a General Election, and elections for the Scottish Parliament, and its no coincidence they both hold similar views, surely WoS, The National and YouTube keep them better informed?

I hope your not including me here, I know exactly what we're voting for. Check my reply to ML. MPs.

I just thought I'd remind you why you have the number of seats in holyrood. The list.

Now stfu.

You could have came across a bit more classy from the start  particularity with  your manners instead of acting like smart arse mate.

And  what has my views outside of politics got to do with it??

For your information i hate politics and all its dodgy characters it manifests and would not trust one single one of them with my fecking life in their hands, that is why i came across as less well informed as you.

You  have even suggested that i am  thick and had been drinking all because i was less informed than you on the electoral differences from  a Scottish and UK election perspective.

I  merely said i found it contradictory and somewhat strange, (from a non interested and ill informed  point of view), that an MSP could still retain their seat in the Scottish Parliament even if they lost out in a UK general election and could only be removed from Holyrood in a Scottish local election.  

All that from someone who was not as informed as you and even less interested.

You need to learn some decorum.

And you could have been a bit less condescending with your "well done" and "well done again".

Works both ways.

Now that would be a challenge considering Corbyn and McConnell got the Brexit vote deep down they both wanted....

Adam Murray

You could have came across a bit more classy from the start particularity with your manners instead of acting like smart arse mate.

And what has my views outside of politics got to do with it??

For your information i hate politics and all its dodgy characters it manifests and would not trust one single one of them with my fecking life in their hands, that is why i came across as less well informed as you.

You have even suggested that i am thick and had been drinking all because i was less informed than you on the electoral differences from a Scottish and UK election perspective.

I merely said i found it contradictory and somewhat strange, (from a non interested and ill informed point of view), that an MSP could still retain their seat in the Scottish Parliament even if they lost out in a UK general election and could only be removed from Holyrood in a Scottish local election.

Wrong guy I'm afraid.

I haven't stated anywhere that you are thick, nor have I insinuated you have been drinking.

You keep up with the personal abuse toward me though, if you think that'll help you out the hole you dug for yourself earlier.

Decorum indeed.

doctor jambo

Now THAT would make for an interesting election.

Indeed- potentially it would lead to Labour controlled London and chunks of the south east- and possibly re-capturing parts of Scotland.

It could save the party

sadly Corbyn lacks the guts for it

maroonlegions

You have no idea what you meant.

You have no idea what i originally meant  you mean.

How many seats do the Tories have in Holyrood after the last UK general election, not the Scottish election.

My hope was that there will be no more Tory :toff: seats in Scotland after this UK  election in June, :laugh4:

Seems that some on here just linger about waiting to pounce on certain posters when they find discrepancies  in their posts. :laugh4:

The best way to get a right answer on the internet is not to ask a question , its to post the wrong answer and wait for some know all  to correct it.. :laugh4:

Results
Party Seats Seats contested SNP 56 59 Labour 1 59* Conservative 1 59 Liberal Democrat 1 59
9 more rows

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Kingdom_general_election,_2015

I do not trust one politician and even more after the outcome of this vote below, nothing to hide eh,lets make sure of it. :laugh4:

POLITICIANS arrested for fiddling expenses and other crimes will no longer be automatically named and shamed after voting to keep it secret.
EXPRESS.CO.UK

:laugh4:

maroonlegions

You're still not getting it. Stop being so aggressive and go and read up on the difference between Holyrood and Westminster elections.

Me being aggressive, :uhoh2: remind who called me thick and said i could be drinking again. 

And yes i get it.  :baby:

maroonlegions

Wrong guy I'm afraid.

I haven't stated anywhere that you are thick, nor have I insinuated you have been drinking.

You keep up with the personal abuse toward me though, if you think that'll help you out the hole you dug for yourself earlier.

Decorum indeed.

Wrong guy I'm afraid.

Decorum indeed.

Were in that post did i personal abuse you.

Ok i apologise for  getting  you mixed up with another poster, he knows what i was on about, aye decorum on his part indeed. 

maroonlegions

And you could have been a bit less condescending with your "well done" and "well done again".

Works both ways.

Not the same as calling   someone thick and suggesting that they were drinking though is it, Surely you are not that delicate. 

You could have came across a bit more classy from the start particularity with your manners instead of acting like smart arse mate.

And what has my views outside of politics got to do with it??

You have even suggested that i am thick and had been drinking all because i was less informed than you on the electoral differences from a Scottish and UK election perspective.

I merely said i found it contradictory and somewhat strange, (from a non interested and ill informed point of view), that an MSP could still retain their seat in the Scottish Parliament even if they lost out in a UK general election and could only be removed from Holyrood in a Scottish local election.

Mps and MSPs are separate. Nobody is both.

So they if they loose their seat in the UK election they still keep it in the Scottish Parliament?

Sounds fair right enough.. lol;

Scottish local elections should be interesting.

No. Your MPs and MSPs are different people. So if the Tories win or lose seats at Westminster then it won't impact them at Holyrood.

Arnold Rothstein

You have no idea what i originally meant you mean.

How many seats do the Tories have in Holyrood after the last UK general election, not the Scottish election.

My hope was that there will be no more Tory :toff: seats in Scotland after this UK election in June, :laugh4:

Seems that some on here just linger about waiting to pounce on certain posters when they find discrepancies in their posts. :laugh4:

The best way to get a right answer on the internet is not to ask a question , its to post the wrong answer and wait for some know all to correct it.. :laugh4:

Results

Party Seats Seats contested SNP 56 59 Labour 1 59* Conservative 1 59 Liberal Democrat 1 59

9 more rows

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Kingdom_general_election,_2015

I do not trust one politician and even more after the outcome of this vote below, nothing to hide eh,lets make sure of it. :laugh4:

MPs vote NOT to be named and shamed for fiddling expenses as it breaches human rights

POLITICIANS arrested for fiddling expenses and other crimes will no longer be automatically named and shamed after voting to keep it secret.

EXPRESS.CO.UK

:laugh4:

SEATS IN HOLYROOD ARE UNAFFECTED BY A GENERAL ELECTION.

I'd piss masel if May lost her own seat.

Nicola should stand for WM.

Why not - she hasn't done anything at Holyrood for the past year.

He gave one up for that exact reason.

No he just didn't run for WM , but while he was both he gave his MSP wage to charity.

The best way to get a right answer on the internet is not to ask a question , its to post the wrong answer and wait for some know all  to correct it.. :laugh4:

If that's your preferred approach to finding the right answer then I suggest you develop a thicker skin - if you repeatedly post the wrong answer on the internet then you can expect people are going to call you on it.  

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Wonder if Sturgeon regrets the Indy ref patter now. Going to struggle for votes among people who don't want it.

She's a rank amateur.

Lib Dems might win back Edinburgh West thanks to the backing of Labour and the Tory supporters.

A lot will depend on what the SNP do with Michelle Thomson?

In Edinburgh South West where I live no chance for the Lib Dems there, it will stay SNP.

Thomson as an issue and Alex Cole Hamilton winning in 2016 suggest Edinburgh West is ripe for the LibDems.

South West is Joanna Cherry (I think). I think she will hold that seat. However, I believe that's because unlike Edinburgh West there has been less of a candidate issue in that Cherry appears to be a safe pair of hands.

Wonder if Sturgeon regrets the Indy ref patter now. Going to struggle for votes among people who don't want it.

She's a rank amateur.

:rofl:

Do u actually believe the pish you talk. You don't live here so leave Scotland to us Scots.

Arnold Rothstein

:rofl:

Do u actually believe the pish you talk. You don't live here so leave Scotland to us Scots.

What's wrong in what he says?

maroonlegions

If that's your preferred approach to finding the right answer then I suggest you develop a thicker skin - if you repeatedly post the wrong answer on the internet then you can expect people are going to call you on it.  

That was a piss take mate, i suggest you develop a keener sense of humour.  

That was a piss take mate, i suggest you develop a keener sense of humour.  

hard to tell what is & isn't a joke from the standard of your posts so far.....

maroonlegions

What a surprise.

TBH Nobody really knows what you think as it's all a piss take to you.

You could be a member of SSP in real life.

If indeed a Tory wonder if he is proud of this report on Child poverty in the UK by UNICEF.

Someone should be pulling May and her Tory mates  up on  the stats on child poverty since her party introduced austerity on the poor and vulnerable. 

She calls for a general election eh wonder why, its a cut and run manoeuvre.

This report from UNICEF is one sad indictment towards this Conservative government too.

Seems that those in the media never really ask the right questions or ask such questions based on the UNICEF report below. 

Was watching the BBC this morning  before this broke out, cue the love fest with May it was like listening  to a Tory party broadcast and it was the same kind of rhetoric  over on the ITV news too.

Will add that some Tories or Selfservatives on here  will just dismiss this report as a mush mash of incorrect data or even a conspiracy theory  :laugh4: and  ignoring the fact its from UNICEF.

Shocking and inhumane report.

Graphic from Inequality Briefing If ever you needed convincing evidence that austerity ? which is central to neoliberalism and social conservatism ? doesn?t?
KITTYSJONES.WORDPRESS.COM

You can read the UNICEF report in full here.

maroonlegions

hard to tell what is & isn't a joke from the standard of your posts so far.....

Seems my sense of humour is way above your head then.  :beatnik2:

Not going over old ground but i have explained why i was not as  well informed as some on here are in respect to the UK and Holyrood elections.. :baby:

Arnold Rothstein

Poppycock!

Cool. So every SNP voter in the last general election will be totally happy with the SNP position in recent weeks and months? Tick tock.

Cool. So every SNP voter in the last general election will be totally happy with the SNP position in recent weeks and months? Tick tock.

Independence supporters, Yes.

99%

Space Mackerel

Am I not entitled to a vote?

You said youre fed up with democracy and cannot be arsed with it all. Surely the simple reason is to ignore it and not vote?

or the alternative, take 15 mins out your life and put a X in a box. It really is that simple.

Remember though, NOW IS NOT THE TIME and POLITICS IS NOT A GAME. :)

Seems my sense of humour is way above your head then.  :beatnik2:

Not going over old ground but i have explained why i was not as  well informed as some on here are in respect to the UK and Holyrood elections.. :baby:

Seems strange that someone who got upset about an implication they were thick would then go on to claim intellectual superiority just a short while later .....

must be another one of your clever jokes ! :2thumbsup:

John Findlay

Cynical shite from the Tory party , looking to push their hard right Brexit agenda .

Have read polling which suggests they could lose the seats they gained from the lib dumbs last time no shoe in they will get a large majority .

But expect the Tory party to play up to English patriotism and deluded sense of place in the world ,with their control of the media calling out labour as traitors etc .

The Tory English based campaign will push Scotland more to the SNP .

Both Labour and Tory will be wiped out in Scotland ,lib dumbs might win a few more .

It's going to be a nasty campaign from the unionist media and the Tory party .

Your last sentence is spot on. I firmly believe this will be the dirtiest nastiest GE conducted in history.

I think the bickering party accolytes on here are missing the point.

If the Tories General Election mastermind is telling them they are going to lose most of their gains from the lib-dems and May is risking a dodgy U-turn on her previous position (and making rather a mockery of her "now is not the time" mantra over a Scottish referendum because we need stability due to Brexit) then they clearly believe Brexit is going to be such a disaster that there is very little chance of winning in 2020.

A good opposition would seize on this point and sell the possibility of a reversal of what was the slimmest of wins. Sadly Labour are anything but which makes this snap election even more puzzling in that context. Punching Labour whilst they are already out for the count for 2020 is a pyrrhic victory if a disasterous Brexit restores their election fortunes (and to be honest, it's about the only thing that looks like making them electable again). So that cannot be driving her decision.

I'm not convinced either that this is solely about the Scottish constitutional question/support to remain in the EU but I assume May has convinced herself the Tories can make enough inroads in Scotland to be able to comfortably reject a second referendum post GE.  Cameron bet the house twice - once on indy/EVEL, once on the EU and ultimately lost. May seems to want that bet too and I wonder whether the SNP are bold enough to call it and put UDI on their manifesto.

Interesting times.

What happens to Brexit if the Tories are ousted?

I guess the winning party could could scrap Brexit if it campaigned as such.

The state of British politics makes a Tory victory extremely likely though.

I think the bickering party accolytes on here are missing the point.

If the Tories General Election mastermind is telling them they are going to lose most of their gains from the lib-dems and May is risking a dodgy U-turn on her previous position (and making rather a mockery of her "now is not the time" mantra over a Scottish referendum because we need stability due to Brexit) then they clearly believe Brexit is going to be such a disaster that there is very little chance of winning in 2020.

A good opposition would seize on this point and sell the possibility of a reversal of what was the slimmest of wins. Sadly Labour are anything but which makes this snap election even more puzzling in that context. Punching Labour whilst they are already out for the count for 2020 is a pyrrhic victory if a disasterous Brexit restores their election fortunes (and to be honest, it's about the only thing that looks like making them electable again). So that cannot be driving her decision.

I'm not convinced either that this is solely about the Scottish constitutional question/support to remain in the EU but I assume May has convinced herself the Tories can make enough inroads in Scotland to be able to comfortably reject a second referendum post GE.  Cameron bet the house twice - once on indy/EVEL, once on the EU and ultimately lost. May seems to want that bet too and I wonder whether the SNP are bold enough to call it and put UDI on their manifesto.

Interesting times.

I don't think she gives a monkey's about Scotland.  She is gambling on entrenching her position in England and Wales, hoping the UKIP vote switches to her.

I do like your first point though, sort of washing her hands of Brexit, but then anyone else coming in could feasibly blame the Tories for that for years to come.

Your last sentence is spot on. I firmly believe this will be the dirtiest nastiest GE conducted in history.

Libdems and SNP to blame for early election apparently. All the Tory MPs have named them in every interview so far.

You're in for a shock I think old bean.

Arnie, the SNP will have a minimum of 52 MPs but probably have 57.

You don't seriously think the Tories will get more than 2 if any do u?

You're in for a shock I think old bean.

BTW Arnie, Holyrood voted to hold a second Indyref. It matters not a jot who wins in Westminster GE. There will still be an indyref2 old bean.

Adam Murray

Were in that post did i personal abuse you.

Ok i apologise for getting you mixed up with another poster, he knows what i was on about, aye decorum on his part indeed.

I take being called a 'smart arse' could be seen as personal abuse, considering I was not the person who made the 'smart arsed' comment.

Archived