General Election

Don Dan

Well done again.

If the people of Scotland do not vote in any Tory MSPs in the UK general election does that  not constitute a Tory free MSP  in the Scottish parliament.

Or if a Tory MSP looses their seat in the UK election does it still keep that seat in Holyrood??

Are the seats of all MSPs not up for voting in the general election??

:wtf:

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Increase their share of the popular vote.

A quid?

Since the 2015 election?

Oh, I don't doubt that they will, but the Boris exchequer can stand a pound.  I'll make it a pint if you like.

maroonlegions

You do know that an MSP is a member of the SCOTTISH parliment, tell me how this election removes Tory's from said Parliment?

So they if they loose their seat in the UK election they still keep it in the Scottish Parliament?

Sounds fair right enough.. lol; 

Scottish local elections should be interesting. 

Radio Ga Ga

So they if they loose their seat in the UK election they still keep it in the Scottish Parliament?

Not sure if you're taking the piss or are just thick, how does a lost seat in a General Election = a lost Holyrood seat?

Do yourself a favour and ignore it all then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Am I not entitled to a vote?

deesidejambo

Since the 2015 election?

Oh, I don't doubt that they will, but the Boris exchequer can stand a pound. I'll make it a pint if you like.

Your on. And some crisps.

My constituentcy of Aberdeen South may see a lot of tactical voting.

After this GE, will there or won't there be Conservative MSP's in Holyrood?

No because Scotland will be independent with an election called immediately.

17904505_1911064412505820_24070756375309

:cornette:

Once a liar always a liar, she speaks with forked  tongue.. :lies: just  like the rest of them.

Absolutely correct !

But what do you expect from a tory ?

Never trusted them, never will.

From The Guardian feed: https://www.theguardian.com/politics/blog/live/2017/apr/18/corbyn-cressida-dick-met-police-a-gun-may-not-have-saved-pc-killed-in-westminster-terror-attack-says-new-met-chief-politics-live#58f5ff53e4b0e0ec04f02086

According to Bloomberg?s Tim Ross, the Tories have hired Sir Lynton Crosby, who masterminded David Cameron?s election victory in 2015, to work on the campaign.

Sir Lynton Crosby hired for Theresa May's general election campaign, after delivering surprise win for Cameron in 2015, source says.

In the New Statesman recently George Eaton said that Crosby has told Theresa May that private polling suggests the Tories will lose most of the 27 seats they gained from the Lib Dems two years ago in an early election.

Interesting...

maroonlegions

The threat of a Tory landslide down south  can only play into the SNPs hands i feel.

The Tories only have one MSP  in Scotland , hopefully there will be none the next time. 

SwindonJambo

Here's the dilemma many will face.

Vote SNP and indyref2 is a certainty. However many vote SNP as they believe they do a good job representing Scotland within the UK but don't necessarily want independence. I'm certain a lot of NO voters had previously voted SNP.

So will these people jump ship annd tactically vote tory to put the indy debate to bed (for a while anyway)

I have relatives in Blantyre.... Blantyre!, who are lifelong Tories but voted SNP at the 2015GE, probably to get Labour out. There are many many NO voters in Scotland who vote for them for the reason you've given.

There are others still who are YES voters but don't like the SNP or the Greens. So all a bit of a mix. Professor John Curtice has been on the radio a lot today. Whatever your politics, I think he's a very good listen and very objective. Pity he' said due to retire in year or 2.

Scotland can't have an other indyref, but we can have an GE within 2 years.

Can anybody include cancelling brexit or at least having another referendum on it in their manifesto?

deesidejambo

Scotland can't have an other indyref, but we can have an GE within 2 years.

All the more reason for SNP to stand on a UDI manifesto

Scottish local elections should be interesting. 

This may blow your mind ML. But...now I hope you are sitting...Nicola Sturgeon isn;t even going to stand for Election in this vote.

:wow:

manaliveits105

People will look at the fact that SNP have passed feck all thru the scottish parliament except going for indy2 whilst the important things in life have gone to pot .The Tories will increase vote in Scotland - Snp will decrease

He's either been drinking Hughsie or does not have a clue!

It's the latter.

To be fair it could be both !

maroonlegions

Not sure if you're taking the piss or are just thick, how does a lost seat in a General Election = a lost Holyrood seat?

As i said sounds fair, its a UK election right enough. lol; 

I Ain't Thick (It's Just A Trick) ;

All the more reason for SNP to stand on a UDI manifesto

Oh dear, deluded deeside thinks Scotland will vote Tory in a GE. Labour voters will see the end of the Party down south with eternal Tory rule and decide independence is the only hope for Scotland. Hello SNP.

SwindonJambo

People will look at the fact that SNP have passed feck all thru the scottish parliament except going for indy2 whilst the important things in life have gone to pot .The Tories will increase vote in Scotland - Snp will decrease

I think this will happen to a degree but not enough to win the Tories a significant number of extra seats. Mundell will be fine with his as it's full of rich pensioners. For them to make significant inroads, a chunk of the remaining Scottish Labour voters would have to bite their lip and stomach tactically voting Tory on the constitutional issue alone and I can't see many doing so.

:rofl: conversations in your lodge doesn't equate to Scottish opinion.

The threat of a Tory landslide down south  can only play into the SNPs hands i feel.

The Tories only have one MSP  in Scotland , hopefully there will be none the next time.

Erm.....

The Tories only have one MP in Scotland. He may or may not be re-elected in this WESTMINSTER election.

There are currently 31 Tory MSPs - Members of the Scottish Parliament (Holyrood / Edinburgh) voted for in an entirely different election.

deesidejambo

Oh dear, deluded deeside thinks Scotland will vote Tory in a GE. Labour voters will see the end of the Party down south with eternal Tory rule and decide independence is the only hope for Scotland. Hello SNP.

I said the Tory vote will increase, which it will.

If The SNP don't go for UDI then they bottle yet again.

Well done again.

If the people of Scotland do not vote in any Tory MSPs in the UK general election does that not constitute a Tory free MSP in the Scottish parliament.

Or if a Tory MSP looses their seat in the UK election does it still keep that seat in Holyrood??

Are the seats of all MSPs not up for voting in the general election??

Ohh dear!

maroonlegions

He's either been drinking Hughsie or does not have a clue!

Thick and an alcoholic  too eh..  your a charmer eh...  Decorum not one of your forte"s then.. :laugh4:

Shanks said no

What exactly do you all mean by UDI?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can anybody include cancelling brexit or at least having another referendum on it in their manifesto?

If the LibDems want to live a little they might say "we'll negotiate exit terms and then have another 'accept terms & exit' / 'change our mind and stay in' " vote.

maroonlegions

Erm.....

The Tories only have one MP in Scotland. He may or may not be re-elected in this WESTMINSTER election.

There are currently 31 Tory MSPs - Members of the Scottish Parliament (Holyrood / Edinburgh) voted for in an entirely different election.

I meant  only one SEAT in Scotland.  :laugh4:

Adam Murray

C'mon now, play nice!

There seems to be a couple of people on here not quite sure of the difference between a General Election, and elections for the Scottish Parliament, and its no coincidence they both hold similar views, surely WoS, The National and YouTube keep them better informed?

maroonlegions

Tories shiting it up here. :2thumbsup:

Opinion is against the SNP at the moment and this move will give May breathing space if needed before telling the SNP and Sturgeon what she officially thinks of or their request for a referendum.

Is it really not just YOUR OPINION is against the SNP ?

If the LibDems want to live a little they might say "we'll negotiate exit terms and then have another 'accept terms & exit' / 'change our mind and stay in' " vote.

I wouldn't be against a 2nd referendum after the terms are known - but if any party makes this policy before the negotiations are complete then they'll pretty much guarantee the hardest possible Brexit as the EU would think that this is their best chance to force the UK into remaining

HaymarketJambo

Clever move from May. Labour will get destroyed down south. Good chance for the Lib Dems to pick up some seats though - I think they'll take back Edinburgh West for one and they've been doing the ground work in the south west.

Lib Dems might win back Edinburgh West thanks to the backing of Labour and the Tory supporters. 

A lot will depend on what the SNP do with Michelle Thomson?  

In Edinburgh South West where I live no chance for the Lib Dems there, it will stay SNP.  

Your on. And some crisps.

My constituentcy of Aberdeen South may see a lot of tactical voting.

You said that the last time.

My tuppence worth is there will be no great change in Scotland since the last English GE two years ago.

ToadKiller Dog

Cynical shite from the Tory party , looking to push their hard right Brexit agenda .

Have read polling which suggests they could lose the seats they gained from the lib dumbs last time no shoe in they will get a large majority .

But expect the Tory party to play up to English patriotism and deluded sense of place in the world ,with their control of the media calling out labour as traitors etc .

The Tory English based campaign will push Scotland more to the SNP .

Both Labour and Tory will be wiped out in Scotland ,lib dumbs might win a few more .

It's going to be a nasty campaign from the unionist media and the Tory party .

I meant  only one SEAT in Scotland.  :laugh4:

"I welcome a Tory MSPs free [sic] Scotland after this election". This isn't angels-on-a-pinhead stuff. There will still (unfortunately) be 31 Tory MSPs after this election.

What there may or may not be are any Tory MPs representing Scottish constituencies in the U.K. parliament.

Wii anything other than 56 SNP MP's being returned be seen as Scotland rejecting the SNP? :toff:

Not at all.

maroonlegions

There seems to be a couple of people on here not quite sure of the difference between a General Election, and elections for the Scottish Parliament, and its no coincidence they both hold similar views, surely WoS, The National and YouTube keep them better informed?

You could have came across a bit more classy from the start  particularity with  your manners instead of acting like smart arse mate.

And  what has my views outside of politics got to do with it??

For your information i hate politics and all its dodgy characters it manifests and would not trust one single one of them with my fecking life in their hands, that is why i came across as less well informed as you.

You  have even suggested that i am  thick and had been drinking all because i was less informed than you on the electoral differences from  a Scottish and UK election perspective.

I  merely said i found it contradictory and somewhat strange, (from a non interested and ill informed  point of view), that an MSP could still retain their seat in the Scottish Parliament even if they lost out in a UK general election and could only be removed from Holyrood in a Scottish local election.  

All that from someone who was not as informed as you and even less interested.

You need to learn some decorum.

In Scotland this is likely to become an unofficial referendum.

Well No not really. Scotland votes overwhelmingly for the SNP and its policies in general and Scottish elections but we do a different thing in referenda. Clearly that's because voting for any other UK opposition party is a wasted vote just now. If we had a strong and credible Labour party in the UK we wouldn't have an SNP led Scottish Government.

Arnold Rothstein

I merely said i found it contradictory and somewhat strange, (from a non interested and ill informed point of view), that an MSP could still retain their seat in the Scottish Parliament even if they lost out in a UK general election and could only be removed from Holyrood in a Scottish local election.

You're still not getting it. Stop being so aggressive and go and read up on the difference between Holyrood and Westminster elections.

As a party member, I shall, as always, be voting Conservative and Unionist.

What a surprise.

TBH Nobody really knows what you think as it's all a piss take to you.

You could be a member of SSP in real life.

Archived