General Election

Don Dan

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
maroonlegions

Another thought.

Teresa May"s "now is not the time"  rhetoric about the people of Scotland deciding their future before the Bretix deal has been finalised looks a bit bloody hypocritical now does it not. 

This election could very well turn into a protest vote from those who voted to remain within the EU and not about any political party.

deesidejambo

Pretty much every Tory general election victory!   :wink:

I meant the Indy demographic up here, which has significant geographical split.

They have little choice but to go for UDI. Otherwise shut their pie holes.

It'll save having an indyref.

30 MPs the winner.

deesidejambo

Another thought.

Teresa May"s "now is not the time"  rhetoric about the people of Scotland deciding their future before the Bretix deal has been finalised looks a bit bloody hypocritical now does it not. 

This election could very well turn into a protest vote from those who voted to remain within the EU and not about any political party.

This is possible - The Lib Dems are already moving in on this.

UDI on the way. PM May thank you.

59 seat whitewash.

The mistake make you and the SNP continue to make, this is not a regional or local election. It's a national UK wide election just like Brexit was. What parochial regions vote is irrelevant to the over all picture of the UK general election. 

Cruyff Turn

She should have called one when she came into Office but fortunately she has now.

I think it was the right thing to do but I think it is more to do with her securing her mandate than anything else. She's an English Tory, if the SNP are elected on a manifesto promise of another Referendum I think she couldn't really give a toss as she couldn't care less about Scotland anyway.

The SNP may lose seats but the biggest losers will be Labour.

As a party member, I shall, as always, be voting Conservative and Unionist.

Does membership of the OO give you free membership for the Unionist party? Oh well, you learn something new everyday.

I meant the Indy demographic up here, which has significant geographical split.

The very north, Orkney & Shetlands, and Dumfries and Galloway borders are the most NO, other than that it's much of a muchness across the country40-45% give or take.

But in a binary vote you will get that I suppose.

Geoff Kilpatrick

This will go one of two ways. Either Corbyn will pull off a miracle in leadership debates and become the "Nick Clegg" of 2017 or Labour will be writing their last will and testament with an opportunity for the Lib Dems to supplant them.

Tipping the latter.

The mistake make you and the SNP continue to make, this is not a regional or local election. It's a national UK wide election just like Brexit was. What parochial regions vote is irrelevant to the over all picture of the UK general election.

Really, Enough fecking about, it's time to take the bull by the horns.

This will go one of two ways. Either Corbyn will pull off a miracle in leadership debates and become the "Nick Clegg" of 2017 or Labour will be writing their last will and testament with an opportunity for the Lib Dems to supplant them.

Tipping the latter.

How do you think SF will do in Northern Ireland?

deesidejambo

Put yer money on this...........

Tories gain from UKIP in Home Counties as Brexit is now obtained.

UKIP gain from Tories and Labour in North East England as they rebrand themselves as "party of the working man".

LibDems gain from protest vote against Brexit.

SNP go for UDI as a manifesto and get pummelled.  Otherwise Tories gain a bit from SNP due to Holyrood performance and the election becoming a proxy IndyRef.  Depends on what the SNP go for but UDI must be a manifesto option.

This is possible - The Lib Dems are already moving in on this.

Strong anti-Brexiters and tactical voting from Labour could mean some Tory seats (with pro-Brexit history) could go LibDem and May lose her majority.

Fingers crossed.

maroonlegions

I welcome a Tory  MSPs free Scotland after this election and a two fingered  feck off from the people of Scotland to the well off Tory voters in the South of Engerland who will vote these crooks in again.

Bring it on.

Surely given it is nationwide, it is entirely how those parochial regions vote that makes up the overall picture!

But as it is the UK, you could have Scotland, Walees & Northern Ireland not returning a single Tory MP (unlikely given Wales) yet ending up with a Tory government.

Just because that's how the system works, doesn't make it a good  or just system!

What does May do if her Majority becomes a minority or a lot less than now.

I welcome a Tory  MSPs free Scotland after this election and a two fingered  feck off from the people of Scotland to the well off Tory voters in the South of Engerland who will vote these crooks in again.

Bring it on.

It's a Westminster election.

Put yer money on this...........

Tories gain from UKIP in Home Counties as Brexit is now obtained.

UKIP gain from Tories and Labour in North East England as they rebrand themselves as "party of the working man".

LibDems gain from protest vote against Brexit.

SNP go for UDI as a manifesto and get pummelled.  Otherwise Tories gain a bit from SNP due to Holyrood performance and the election becoming a proxy IndyRef.  Depends on what the SNP go for but UDI must be a manifesto option.

Really?

:rofl:

I welcome a Tory MSPs free Scotland after this election and a two fingered feck off from the people of Scotland to the well off Tory voters in the South of Engerland who will vote these crooks in again.

Bring it on.

Mps

Geoff Kilpatrick

How do you think SF will do in Northern Ireland?

That's an interesting one. The last General Election created a Unionist pact in four seats, which effectively gave the UUP seats back in Westminster, particularly FST. They also won South Antrim against the DUPpers in the non-pact seats. However, Mike Nesbitt made a big song and dance of sending transfers to the SDLP in the recent Stormont election so if Robin Swann, the new leader of the UUP, rules out a pact then the Shinners could take FST and even North Belfast from the DUPpers. That said, the pushback against the Shinners from the unionists comes from their abstentionist stance so I'm guessing that the pact will be in place.

One other thing I'm not sure of. Are these elections being fought on the new boundaries or the old ones? If so, Northern Ireland loses a seat and the boundaries are all change.

John Findlay

Labour are in a conundrum. There could be light at the end of the tunnel for them. If anti European Corbyn changes tack and says if Labour win we will remain in the EU. It just may get people on his side. If not then it will be difficult to see any labour mps south of Birmingham. Even in London. SNP will not win 56 seats again an unofficial alliance between the unionist parties will see to that as in officially vote for us as in con lab and lib. Unofficially vote for any unionist party as long as you don't vote SNP.

"Britain needed certainty, stability and strong leadership, and since I became prime minister the government has delivered precisely that."

"The country is coming together"

"I am not prepared to let them [her opponents] endanger the security of millions of working people across the country."

What planet does Maggie May live on?

Labour are in a conundrum. There could be light at the end of the tunnel for them. If anti European Corbyn changes tack and says if Labour win we will remain in the EU. It just may get people on his side. If not then it will be difficult to see any labour mps south of Birmingham. Even in London. SNP will not win 56 seats again an unofficial alliance between the unionist parties will see to that as in officially vote for us as in con lab and lib. Unofficially vote for any unionist party as long as you don't vote SNP.

Disagree, primarily due to the Lib Dems and their stance on Europe.  I would agree that voters may not see it that way though!

Here's the dilemma many will face.

Vote SNP and indyref2 is a certainty. However many vote SNP as they believe they do a good job representing Scotland within the UK but don't necessarily want independence. I'm certain a lot of NO voters had previously voted SNP.

So will these people jump ship annd tactically vote tory to put the indy debate to bed (for a while anyway)

maroonlegions

It's a Westminster election.

Well done .

Does not stop Scotland rejecting the Tories  does it,we vote up here too in a UK election. :uhoh2:

Geoff Kilpatrick

Vote SNP and indyref2 is a certainty. However many vote SNP as they believe they do a good job representing Scotland within the UK but don't necessarily want independence. I'm certain a lot of NO voters had previously voted SNP.

So will these people jump ship annd tactically vote tory to put the indy debate to bed (for a while anyway)

I think the Nats have enough bedrock support to include indyref2 in their manifesto. They've attracted the old Labour vote who used to vote for monkeys in red rosettes.

I think the Nats have enough bedrock support to include indyref2 in their manifesto. They've attracted the old Labour vote who used to vote for monkeys in red rosettes.

Possibly. I see no other outcome up here than this is effectively going to be a dress rehearsal for indyref2....maybe call it indyref 1.5 instead of a general election.

Clever move from May. Labour will get destroyed down south. Good chance for the Lib Dems to pick up some seats though - I think they'll take back Edinburgh West for one and they've been doing the ground work in the south west.

maroonlegions

"Britain needed certainty, stability and strong leadership, and since I became prime minister the government has delivered precisely that."

"The country is coming together"

"I am not prepared to let them [her opponents] endanger the security of millions of working people across the country."

What planet does Maggie May live on?

17904505_1911064412505820_24070756375309

:cornette:

Once a liar always a liar, she speaks with forked  tongue.. :lies: just  like the rest of them. 

deesidejambo

Hard to prove any gain was down to Holyrood performance, surely?

True but a quid says the Tories gain.

You on?

And don't call me Shirley

Rudolf's Mate

It's a huge dilemma. Before leaving Scotland the last thing I would have done was vote Conservative and I dare say there are many Scots that are No voters yet may not be able to bring themselves to do the above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Radio Ga Ga

Well done .

Does not stop Scotland rejecting the Tories  does it,we vote up here too in a UK election. :uhoh2:

But you said a chance to have Tory free MSP's?

Nearly half a million scots voted conservative at the last election.

Can see that figure rising significantly at this election.

Adam Murray

Well done .

Does not stop Scotland rejecting the Tories does it,we vote up here too in a UK election. :uhoh2:

And whatever the outcome, there will still be Conservative MSP's in Holyrood

Maxed out. 2m votes coming the SNP's way.

And whatever the outcome, there will still be Conservative MSP's in Hollyrood

Fae a list, all the SNP MSPs won their seats.

maroonlegions

But you said a chance to have Tory free MSP's?

Well done again.

If the people of Scotland do not vote in any Tory MSPs in the UK general election does that  not constitute a Tory free MSP  in the Scottish parliament.

Or if a Tory MSP looses their seat in the UK election does it still keep that seat in Holyrood??

Are the seats of all MSPs not up for voting in the general election??

True but a quid says the Tories gain.

You on?

And don't call me Shirley

Ground rules needed.

By gain do you mean win more than 1 scottish westminster seat?  Or simply to win a seat that they previously don't occupy?

Adam Murray

Fae a list, all the SNP MSPs won their seats.

After this GE, will there or won't there be Conservative MSP's in Holyrood?

Radio Ga Ga

Well done again.

If the people of Scotland do not vote in any Tory MSPs in the UK general election does that  not constitute a Tory free MSP  in the Scottish parliament.

Are the seats of all MSPs not up for voting in the general election??

You do know that an MSP is a member of the SCOTTISH parliment, tell me how this election removes Tory's from said Parliment?

maroonlegions

Hope not.

deesidejambo

Ground rules needed.

By gain do you mean win more than 1 scottish westminster seat? Or simply to win a seat that they previously don't occupy?

Increase their share of the popular vote.

A quid?

Archived