Iain Cathro ongoing Poll and discussion Thread

cylawny

Cathro Poll  

1,521 members have voted

1. 1. Cathro stay or go

Unknown user

"Eliminated at the group stage of the BetFred Cup"

That sentence is enough to justify his removal.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Eliminated at the group stage of the BetFred Cup"

That sentence is enough to justify his removal.

The ONLY Premier League not to qualify!

Finishing 3rd to a part time FOURTH tier team!!!!

Nothing more needs to be said!!!!!

The ONLY Premier League not to qualify!

Finishing 3rd to a part time FOURTH tier team!!!!

Nothing more needs to be said!!!!!

Correct. It is without a shadow of a doubt one of the biggest footballing embarrassments in our clubs history. That there has not already been a statement released that his contract has been terminated is a further disgrace in itself. They literally give no shits about the support, just happy to take take take the coin.

All roads lead to Gorgie

After the first round of fixtures I can see us having anywhere from 3-9 points. That could see us rooted to the bottom very early on. As we know from the relegation season, once the confidence evaporates and the pressure builds, points become even more scarce.

In the relegation season we had players thrown in too early but they were fighters. This lot we have now are not in that bracket so it could be grim. Surely the Board realise they have to act now as he has lost the fans completely now and the stick from the stands will be huge.

Signature updated...

I knew you had it in you to turn from the dark side BB

Amazing that some welts on here still think that this guy should stay, wtf have they been watching since Cathro arrived? We will be fighting relegation from the end of August, now is the time to get this loser out of the club.

Its probably already too late, if the a*seholes that want to watch a bunch of pathetic ******s run by limp biscuit managers renew your Hibs season tickets, absolute bell ends. Stop supporting our club and *uck off.           

Is this because Ian will be getting sacked on Monday?

He should be gone already. Oh and McPhee is having a wee shindig at his house tomorrow. Players invited.

He should be gone already. Oh and McPhee is having a wee shindig at his house tomorrow. Players invited.

At least they can let their hair down.... :)

Is Cathro invited?

Cruyff Turn

Rum and coke all round.

It's getting harder to defend Cathro, results are not going the way we would have hoped.

I think he will be here at least until the Winter break, if results don't come in the first 15-20 games, I do think the board will take that decision to let him go. I hope it doesn't come to that because it means Hearts would have been losing games, if he stays, it means we've been winning and will be in a position to challenge.

I get behind whatever players are on the pitch and whatever manager is the current Hearts manager. I'm not wasting energy yelling abuse towards our own team at games, it sounds ridiculous when you say it, I'd rather encourage the team to do better and be positive towards our own team, but I do understand some fans need to release frustrations and this is a way for them to do it.

If I was to make a prediction, I don't think Cathro will be able to turn things round, but I'll support him for as long as he is Hearts manager.

You must be joking pal.

Sent from my SM-T530 using Tapatalk

allystrachan

His departure needs to happen this week so that we can bring in a replacement whilst the transfer window is still open. If not we could possibly be writing off a full season.

I have been offline for an hour or more and I was sort of expecting IC to have done the honourable thing and resigned by the time I looked in again. Come on Ian it is the right thing to do for the club and your future in coaching.

"Future".....thats funny. Who is our next manager Craig House?????

Elias Henry Furst

His departure needs to happen this week so that we can bring in a replacement whilst the transfer window is still open. If not we could possibly be writing off a full season.

The horse has bolted.

Any new manager is dealing with that squad.

Incredible that folk think a new manager means new players tbh.

Clueless.

Jambof3tornado

I've just converted. I've supported IC long enough. His latest radio interview was the final straw. Disrespectful of those paying his ****ing wages.

Out the league cup to some part time teams.

Out now before the season starts.

Jambof3tornado

The horse has bolted.

Clueless.

Walker and djoum money would go to extra players coming in under a new manager.

Tynie-Tempah

He tried to go down the tunnel at FT haha.  The comedy is endless.

He just simply is not a manager, its nothing more difficult than that.  The role is not for him, he tried, he's failed. Its time for him and club to just accept that because every loss from now till he goes is going to turn more and more fans away from the stadium and undo all the hard work of the last few seasons where will need to build a bridge with that last % of fans again to sell out etc.

At this rate were going to do the same as we slagged hibs off for too, this new stand is going to open and we wont even sell out the stadium

For what its worth though - I honestly dont think he is going anywhere anytime soon....as much as that hurts to say it 

allystrachan

The horse has bolted.

Clueless.

How? Cathro got 9 new players when he came in. Robbie brought in new players when he came in. In fact can you tell me a manager that has joins a team & not signed new players?

A new manager could & would easily bring in 1 or 2 of their own players. Still a few weeks before the window closes & if we don't change now we're then looking to add transfers in January & we all know how that went last season.

Broxburn_Jambo

I suspect they have already made the decision to bin him, but the last thing any new man coming in wants is 4 difficult looking away games followed by a home game against Aberdeen. They should use this time to decide who they want to get in and sack Cathro straight after the Aberdeen game when we may well be bottom of the league. New man then comes in and has an opportunity to build a bit of momentum in a slightly easier run of fixtures.

Let's see how he does with the four away games and if we are still rank rotten at that point then it is time to push him off a cliff, along with the new signings.

Jambof3tornado

I suspect they have already made the decision to bin him, but the last thing any new man coming in wants is 4 difficult looking away games followed by a home game against Aberdeen. They should use this time to decide who they want to get in and sack Cathro straight after the Aberdeen game when we may well be bottom of the league. New man then comes in and has an opportunity to build a bit of momentum in a slightly easier run of fixtures.

I said the same earlier.

Be lucky to gain 2 points from the 1st 4 games (draw away v motherwell and killie).

Any more than that will be a bonus

Nelly Terraces

Should have gone after the Easter Road debacle. It was clear he didn't have what it takes to manage Heart of Midlothian. Having survived that he should certainly have walked (or been shoved) after the last home game of the season.

This absolutely 100%. The Partick game on the Saturday after the debacle at Fester Rd told everyone all you needed to know. An actual worse performance if that's possible, devoid of any fight or passion & 1 shot on goal. He shouldve been punted there & then & it was stark raving obvious this bloke was useless & hopeless.

Rocco_Jambo

Let's see how he does with the four away games and if we are still rank rotten at that point then it is time to push him off a cliff, along with the new signings.

We know how he will do. It will be a brutal humiliation.

All roads lead to Gorgie

I suspect we would pick up a couple of wins in the opening away fixtures with a new man in place though so get to work now Hearts and get a decent coach/ manager in asap.

I wanted him to succeed but he has to go now.

Hope the robbie oot lot are pleased with themselves now!

Broxburn_Jambo

I said the same earlier.

Be lucky to gain 2 points from the 1st 4 games (draw away v motherwell and killie).

Any more than that will be a bonus

We don't have a great record at either Motherwell or Killie so would probably be doing well to get 2 draws.

They need to get rid of him well before the transfer window closes. I'm certain the new manager won't have a fortune to spend but he should be able to choose who to sell and bring in on the budget he is given.

Broxburn_Jambo

I suspect we would pick up a couple of wins in the opening away fixtures with a new man in place though so get to work now Hearts and get a decent coach/ manager in asap.

I totally agree, I would sack him now but I don't think Budge will, I was only saying what I think will happen not what I want to.

Broxburn_Jambo

They need to get rid of him well before the transfer window closes. I'm certain the new manager won't have a fortune to spend but he should be able to choose who to sell and bring in on the budget he is given.

I agree but I don't think they will.

kingantti1874

What are you talking about man. Very very very small. Number of people criticised Robbie.. Not even remotely comparable.. Cathro has been bang out of his depth since day dot.. Some called it early.. Don't hate because they were correct

ford donald

39% stay FFS!!!! Hibees and idiots!!!!

What kind of kind of sadistic moron wants him to stay???

kingantti1874

What kind of kind of sadistic moron wants him to stay???

There are none.. The only people voting to stay are hibs fans.

There are none.. The only people voting to stay are hibs fans.

Or trolls or complete idiots!!

YAWN

3 of them gone on Monday. Gary Locke to take over till a replacement is found.

Main criteria for replacement is that he is not mousey and quietly spoken.

3 of them gone on Monday. Gary Locke to take over till a replacement is found.

Main criteria for replacement is that he is not mousey and quietly spoken.

Locke is not taking over!

Paisley Jambo

I certainly will not get behind Cathro.

That arrogant, petulant boy is making our club a laughing stock.

I will get behind the team on the pitch as they are only following FIFA '17 instructions from person with job title 'Head Coach'.

Watt-Zeefuik

39% stay FFS!!!! Hibees and idiots!!!!

IMO unchanged votes from people who haven't logged in or bothered to change. Start a new poll and it'd be 12% stay. As you say, Hibees and idiots.

kingantti1874

Can someone start a new poll.. I don't know how to do it from my phone.. Make it public.. It'll serve 2 purposes..

1.The club will be in no doubt as to the views of the fans..

2.It'll help root out hibees on this board

That's a massive swing in votes over the last 2 games.

Proper straw that broke the camels back moment.

David McCaig

Can someone start a new poll.. I don't know how to do it from my phone.. Make it public.. It'll serve 2 purposes..

1.The club will be in no doubt as to the views of the fans..

2.It'll help root out hibees on this board

I agree 100%.

Five to One

We're in a serious pickle now. I'd imagine the Board are weighing up the implications of sacking Cathro -

1. Sale of Jamie to help with stand funding and compensation for Cathro.

2. The worst time to appoint a coach or manager just before the league season is about to start.

3. Little funds left to bring in any other players due to compensation for Cathro/his Backroom Team.

4. The new coach/manager having to work with squad we have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd say the worst time to do it is in September, when we're inevitably off to a shite start in the league and the squad can't be changed meaningfully for 3-4 months. Do it now and give the replacement at least a couple of weeks to assess what he has.

Is there any sign he is going to be sacked by Monday at least

Sent from my SM-T530 using Tapatalk

Jambo-Jimbo

I had been prepared to give Cathro time and wait until he had put his own squad together and then judge him.

After yesterday it is now clear that it isn't working and decisive action needs to be taken now.

To wait until Christmas may be too late because I am beginning to really fear that we could be in a relegation dogfight this year, unless things dramatically turn around, which I just don't see at present.

I've nothing against Cathro, but the guy is completely out of his depth, his idea's may work in time, however I think Hearts are just too big a club for him right now.

Archived