Going to Munich

Boris

I'm off to Munich soon for a stag do and I seem to remember a thread on the previous JKB about this place.

I'd be grateful if anyone could post any tips, best bars, places to go about Munchen.

Any accomodation tips would be good too and also where to get tickets for the Allianz Arena (BM play Karlsruhe when we are there) e.g. in town, at stadium etc

Thank you all in advance.

Boris

Sign up for Bayern's Viagogo. The tickets go on sale a few weeks before the game.

http://fcbayern.viagogo.de/Sport-Tickets/Fussball/1-Bundesliga/FC-Bayern-Muenchen-Karten/E-33521

If it is in German click on the English button top right.

You then pick the tickets up at the ground before the game. You should get terracing tickets, about 12€ a go !! And when you are there get a stadium card from the bar inside the stadium. You can top it up with cash and then when you buy beers to stand and watch the game all you have to do is swipe your card !!

Plenty of good bars in town. And a few bad ones :) But they are very expensive.

The People's Chimp

Pints aren't too bad, though you'll be drinking steins! Augustiner do the best beer in Germany, and their beer keller is the way forward.

You will love it. Best thing to do though is scout about with a list of good beer halls from the internet and find one that's to your liking, and plonk yourself ther for the duration! ;)

Pints aren't too bad, though you'll be drinking steins! Augustiner do the best beer in Germany, and their beer keller is the way forward.

You will love it. Best thing to do though is scout about with a list of good beer halls from the internet and find one that's to your liking, and plonk yourself ther for the duration! ;)

I thought this place looked quite cool...

http://www.atomic.de/

Gavsy Van Gaverson

All I will say is have a great time.

I was there on a Stag doo last year and have to say it was one hell of a trip. I can't ever remember being as drunk.

Enjoy!

All I will say is have a great time.

I was there on a Stag doo last year and have to say it was one hell of a trip. I can't ever remember being as drunk.

Enjoy!

I'll try my best Gavin!;)

Unashamed bttt:ninja:

The Real Maroonblood
I'm off to Munich soon for a stag do and I seem to remember a thread on the previous JKB about this place.

I'd be grateful if anyone could post any tips, best bars, places to go about Munchen.

Any accomodation tips would be good too and also where to get tickets for the Allianz Arena (BM play Karlsruhe when we are there) e.g. in town, at stadium etc

Thank you all in advance.

Boris

Stayed in this hotel and only 10 minutes walk from the station. Excellent accomodation.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187309-d199652-Reviews-Best_Western_Atrium_Hotel-Munich_Bavaria.html

Nice one CC.

Expensive? 5 euro a pint sort of thing?

Cant remember. Maybe that is why they make it so easy just to swipe a card !! Dont think it was that much. But even if it is that makes it about ?13 to stand with a beer in your hand watching Bayern Munich.....

Makes football over here seem a little overpriced to say the least !! :eek:

I'm heading in early March for a mate's b'day - it's meant to be the proper, local 'Oktoberfest' then so should be a good laugh.

I've been there once before (during the last World Cup, though there were no games there at the time, we just headed down for the last couple of days of the hols) and one thing that struck me was the bars seemed to close relatively early. You could still find places to drink after 1 am, but they tended to be random dive bars rather than a bustling city scene.

We were flying blind though, having only decided to visit at the last minute - anyone know the best areas (beyond the beer halls, and the ****my 'out of town' chav fest zone) to go for a decent booze up?

I'm heading in early March for a mate's b'day - it's meant to be the proper, local 'Oktoberfest' then so should be a good laugh.

I've been there once before (during the last World Cup, though there were no games there at the time, we just headed down for the last couple of days of the hols) and one thing that struck me was the bars seemed to close relatively early. You could still find places to drink after 1 am, but they tended to be random dive bars rather than a bustling city scene.

We were flying blind though, having only decided to visit at the last minute - anyone know the best areas (beyond the beer halls, and the ****my 'out of town' chav fest zone) to go for a decent booze up?

When you going?

We get there Friday 7th March, leave on Monday the 10th...

Brian Whittaker's Tache

I'm thinking about goinf over for my 40th this year and attending Oktoberfest

Anyone been to that?

When you going?

We get there Friday 7th March, leave on Monday the 10th...

Think I'll be getting there on the 6th or 7th (I'm working in Vienna for a couple of days beforehand, just need to figure out the best way to get from one t'other) then leaving on the Sunday.

We're staying with my half-German flatmate's sister who works there - I should be getting the info on the good beer halls etc. shortly so I'll give you a shout.

Think I'll be getting there on the 6th or 7th (I'm working in Vienna for a couple of days beforehand, just need to figure out the best way to get from one t'other) then leaving on the Sunday.

We're staying with my half-German flatmate's sister who works there - I should be getting the info on the good beer halls etc. shortly so I'll give you a shout.

Result.

BM are at home on the Saturday so we are planningon attending that at the Allianz Arena.

Best way to get from Vienna to Munchen? Surely that's a well trodden path?:P

Result.

BM are at home on the Saturday so we are planningon attending that at the Allianz Arena.

Best way to get from Vienna to Munchen? Surely that's a well trodden path?:P

Ha, might have to give you a shout as my flatmate has already ruled out a trip to the game - he's a Bremen fan who hates the Munchen.

Are all motorways in Deutschland not Hitler Highways...

Ha, might have to give you a shout as my flatmate has already ruled out a trip to the game - he's a Bremen fan who hates the Munchen.

Are all motorways in Deutschland not Hitler Highways...

Go for it!

And yes, more or less. Although they allowed the tanks out quickly, the opposite was also true...

Archived