'Preferred' Agents

Martin_T

Dagger Is Back

Decent questions as far as i can see. Given the mess we've got ourselves into over the years, God forbid we stop putting those in charge under the microscope.

If we do have a preferred group of agents, we're entitled to ask what are the benefits and pitfalls of such relationships as well as who benefits in any way from those

...On the continuing theme of our recruitment policy. It's been suggested that the club sources many of our player's from certain 'preferred' agents. A few questions I would like to know the answer to:

What is our relationship with preferred agents?

Does this relationship lead to the need to constantly churn players in and out?

Does the club retain all of the benefit when a player is sold?

My concern is that with the current 'model' we use, there's very much motivation on the part of the agents to constantly keep changing the make up of the squad. Which is in my opinion, detrimental to the performance of the team.

Are folk seriously suggesting Avlonitis, Tziolis, Sowah, Struna, Martin, Goncalves, Choulay came from Levein's inner circle of agent mates? :lol:

Are folk seriously suggesting Avlonitis, Tziolis, Sowah, Struna, Martin, Goncalves, Choulay came from Levein's inner circle of agent mates? :lol:

Not necessarily. Although 4 of those players came from Greek and Cypriot football.

• Avlonitis - MK Sport Consulting

Tziolis - ROGON Sport Management

Sowah - Family

Malaury Martin - Generation Football Management

Choulay - Global Sports

Isma - Only Football

Struna - Centrefield

Hughes - Stellar Football

Our most recent signings, all from different agents, none with any obvious connection to Craig Levein.

myth-busted.jpg

Isma is here because our management know him from previous clubs. Nothing to do with agents there.

Blackford Hearts
  • Tziolis - ROGON Sport Management
  • Sowah - Family
  • Malaury Martin - Generation Football Management
  • Choulay - Global Sports
  • Isma - Only Football
  • Struna - Centrefield
  • Hughes - Stellar Football
Our most recent signings, all from different agents, none with any obvious connection to Craig Levein.

myth-busted.jpg

Ok, that's the players agents. Does anyone know if there is a local agent / agents who negotiated these deals on behalf of Hearts?

Ok, that's the players agents. Does anyone know if there is a local agent / agents who negotiated these deals on behalf of Hearts?

Our Director of Football deals with transfer negotiations. Why would we hire an agent to speak to other agents?

Finlay James

Folk really clutching at straws now.

Please go out and get a ride tonight, I promise, you will look at the world in a more objective way

• Sowah - Family
  • Isma - Only Football
  • Struna - Centrefield

myth-busted.jpg

genuinely, thanks for posting this, provides some much needed sanity, not based on default 'moan' mode. 

Our Director of Football deals with transfer negotiations. Why would we hire an agent to speak to other agents?

Aye, but who's Craig Levein's agent and what if he got his agent to speak to all his agent pals... :)

Think what he meant is invariably with foreign deals there are a few agents involved in tying up contracts which would mean a local agent dealing with Hearts direct on behalf of the players own agent . All then get a slice of the pie in terms of commission

Think what he meant is invariably with foreign deals there are a few agents involved in tying up contracts which would mean a local agent dealing with Hearts direct on behalf of the players own agent . All then get a slice of the pie in terms of commission

Possibly.

That would mean the club approaching the 'preferred agent' with a list of targets already drawn up & asking said agent to negotiate on the club's behalf. I personally don't see why we would do that (additional cost) but then again I wouldn't be up in arms if it turned out they did that either.

To suggest that every player coming in is represented by the same agent is .net stuff.

Possibly.

That would mean the club approaching the 'preferred agent' with a list of targets already drawn up & asking said agent to negotiate on the club's behalf. I personally don't see why we would do that (additional cost) but then again I wouldn't be up in arms if it turned out they did that either.

To suggest that every player coming in is represented by the same agent is .net stuff.

I don't think anyone was suggesting that? I'm sure Levein himself was quoted as saying that recruiting from certain agents, not necessarily the same one, was part of our recruitment strategy.

...On the continuing theme of our recruitment policy. It's been suggested that the club sources many of our player's from certain 'preferred' agents. A few questions I would like to know the answer to:

What is our relationship with preferred agents?

Does this relationship lead to the need to constantly churn players in and out?

Does the club retain all of the benefit when a player is sold?

My concern is that with the current 'model' we use, there's very much motivation on the part of the agents to constantly keep changing the make up of the squad. Which is in my opinion, detrimental to the performance of the team.

Where has it been suggested?

weeteam.net by any chance? 

Isma is here because our management know him from previous clubs. Nothing to do with agents there.

Hughes because of NI connection. I believe Robbie had Sowah lined up.

Francis Albert

How bad do things have to get before we question the shambles of a "recruitment policy"? One of the guiding principles was that we would only bring in players with the right attitude and character. How is that going?

How bad do things have to get before we question the shambles of a "recruitment policy"? One of the guiding principles was that we would only bring in players with the right attitude and character. How is that going?

Recruitment has been questioned on here for some time

Francis Albert

Recruitment has been questioned on here for some time

Not often enough IMO as far as policy and method is concerned. I don't know if "preferred agents" is the problem but something sure as hell is.

I don't think anyone was suggesting that? I'm sure Levein himself was quoted as saying that recruiting from certain agents, not necessarily the same one, was part of our recruitment strategy.

All over internet / social media. A quick search, as proved by this thread will tell you who represents each player.

It's only natural questions are being asked. You don't need to trawl rival fans forums to realise our recruitment is so bad you'd think it was intentional.

Recruitment has to have max flexibility to avoid missing out on viable prospects, including some that might not be from the exotic European market.

Bazzas right boot

• Sowah - Family
  • Isma - Only Football
  • Struna - Centrefield

myth-busted.jpg</p>

And with style!

Hughes because of NI connection. I believe Robbie had Sowah lined up.

Hopefully he still likes him and takes him to MK Dons.

At no point has it been suggested that we deal with a single agent over the course of this thread. I'm merely asking questions to encourage debate as to why there's been such excessive player turnover since 2015. Fair enough it appears that we use multiple different agents.

So what other reasons are there for the turnover?

And with style!

..and again I would ask, what myth has been busted? At no point was it suggested that a single agent was being used.

At no point has it been suggested that we deal with a single agent over the course of this thread. I'm merely asking questions to encourage debate as to why there's been such excessive player turnover since 2015. Fair enough it appears that we use multiple different agents.

And a turnover which again will dramatically increase over the next few weeks . In any business model a high turnover leads to regression and do we have it here . What are the reasons . The treatment of some players will not go down well within the squad. Last 2 skippers treatment had been shameful , financial packages offered to key players way less than our top earners. The overriding thing will be proper scouting and checking of players , in simple terms the majority are not good enough .

Bazzas right boot

Promoted- needed more players for the top division

New manager- brings in new players shocker.

Very simple and widley used reasons for turnover.

This summer it will be because the stop gaps brought in by above new manager have been shite.

Not a mystery. Pretty simple and logical,

hearts related nickname

We have a set budget for players within a season. We buy players within that budget. As we have improved our finances every year our budget has increased meaning we can target "better" players. As a consequence we have to unload players we feel we can improve on. Most of our transfers are straight swaps, Gomis for Kitchen for example.

It's pretty clear that the idea is that we assemble a squad to achieve an objective which allows us to increase our budget and then buy players to help us achieve the next target.

We have a set budget for players within a season. We buy players within that budget. As we have improved our finances every year our budget has increased meaning we can target "better" players. As a consequence we have to unload players we feel we can improve on. Most of our transfers are straight swaps, Gomis for Kitchen for example.

It's pretty clear that the idea is that we assemble a squad to achieve an objective which allows us to increase our budget and then buy players to help us achieve the next target.

Of course this is the plan and how it should work.

But we have went backwards and the quality of player is the lowest since admin !

Hopefully he still likes him and takes him to MK Dons.

He was only giving him a four month contract. I'm sure he will have heard he isn't up to the job. No big deal, he won't be with us next season anyway.

hearts related nickname

Of course this is the plan and how it should work.

But we have went backwards and the quality of player is the lowest since admin !

We signed quality January, Tziolis, Concalves, Hughes and at a push Martin. I think we did make improvements.

The problem is that the players who are playing the worst at the moment are short term deals and they don't care.

Of course we could still have Reilly, King, Oshaniwa still in the first team

We signed quality January, Tziolis, Concalves, Hughes and at a push Martin. I think we did make improvements.

The problem is that the players who are playing the worst at the moment are short term deals and they don't care.

Of course we could still have Reilly, King, Oshaniwa still in the first team

I will give you goncalves because we have signed nothing up front since Sow. the others no chance have they improved us, we are in the present not the past where these guys have decent CVs . And King is another example of a player treated shoddily and is still struggling with confidence . Should have been kept IMO

hearts related nickname

I will give you goncalves because we have signed nothing up front since Sow. the others no chance have they improved us, we are in the present not the past where these guys have decent CVs . And King is another example of a player treated shoddily and is still struggling with confidence . Should have been kept IMO

They are quality players, they have not improved us though I will agree.

King is shite. Can't get a game for ICT. Too lightweight. Looks good playing against plumbers though

neil Murray

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Francis Albert

Promoted- needed more players for the top division

New manager- brings in new players shocker.

Very simple and widley used reasons for turnover.

This summer it will be because the stop gaps brought in by above new manager have been shite.

Not a mystery. Pretty simple and logical,

In December we were in second place ("flying high" as someone once said). There is no way we were ever going to improve on that position, this season or next. So why a massive influx of new players in January, most on short term contracts?

Was it the new "manager's" decision as you suggest? If so how did he decide, based on very limited knowledge of the existing squad (and having seen what it was capable of in the Rangers game)?

The simple logic escapes me.

Archived