Would you rather

MikeySimpson

MikeySimpson

International break boredom taking hold, looking forward to talking about Hearts again. As an aside, I'm just wondering what people's thoughts on this are.

Hibs look likely to win the title now, sadly don't think there's much chance of Morton or Falkirk catching them. They probably won't win the cup given the strength of the remaining teams in the competition. However, let's say for a minute Hibs did win both promotion and the Scottish Cup.

Would you have rather...

A: Hearts won the 2014-15 Championship title in the manner that we did but spent the two seasons in the Premiership with no cup runs?

B: Hearts spent three years in the Championship but won two Scottish Cups before gaining promotion at the third attempt?

Interested to see what people go for

B ... 100% .  Obviously you never took anything else into the equation.   Given the scenario anyone that says anything other than B Is an idiot!

MikeySimpson

C. Launch the H1B5 feck.

Do you honestly think asking a "would you rather?" question in the middle of a boring international break constitutes to me being a Hibs fan?

I'm Hearts through and through, I was just wondering what people thought about this

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Second one, absolutely no contest. Hopefully someone else stops them this time on the cup.

alicante jambo

Hibs havent won the 2nd cup though.Id rather we won 3 in the time we did and never needed to wait 100 odd years and then blow it proper battling opposition fans on the pitch.

Lets be honest if we we had spent 3 years in the championship there would be demonstrations to get Ann Budge out never mind CL or any managers.

The Internet

Given we strolled a league containing both Hibs and Rangers I'm inclined to go against the grain and say A.

But yeah, I get that a Scottish cup win or two would be nice.

**** even just winning 2 Scottish cup games would be a welcome change.

I'm enjoying the break from club football tbh, it's very tedious just now, a bit like this thread and the hypothetical nonsense, Hibs will be back up next season and unless we get sorted out with a decent manager they'll be giving us it dry.

jack D and coke

Lets be honest if we we had spent 3 years in the championship there would be demonstrations to get Ann Budge out never mind CL or any managers.

Had they not won the cup Hibs would've been on their arse and perhaps struggling to get up again. Something which certain posters who wanted a Hibs cup win would do well to remember.

Hearts fans my arse.

B ... 100% . Obviously you never took anything else into the equation. Given the scenario anyone that says anything other than B Is an idiot!

Sorry I don't want to be Championship shite.

letsalldothebeattie

You cant really offer this up as an option since Hibs haven't won the cup again and I think they wont win it. Aberdeen will dispose of them.

So obviously answer A

I'd rather be Hearts who won the championship at its toughest in years and got back to the higher reaches of the SPL where they belong...and H1b5 don't.

I'd rather be Hearts who've won 8 Scottish Cups, winning two of them in recent times while pumping the vermin on the way or actually in the final.

Short blip our current form. Hearts will be back by sheer will and endeavour. The vermin can enjoy their 15 mins of fame.

FTH

I'd rather be Hearts who won the championship at its toughest in years and got back to the higher reaches of the SPL where they belong...and H1b5 don't.

I'd rather be Hearts who've won 8 Scottish Cups, winning two of them in recent times while pumping the vermin on the way or actually in the final.

Short blip our current form. Hearts will be back by sheer will and endeavour. The vermin can enjoy their 15 mins of fame.

FTH

OH Yes, very mucho this.

I would rather win the SC cup twice even once and stay down.

However I suspect the clubs view would be very different financially.

B all day long, winning the championship is about being promoted, nobody really gives a shit about the trophy.

Malinga the Swinga

I would rather win the SC cup twice even once and stay down.

However I suspect the clubs view would be very different financially.

is the wrong answer

Malinga the Swinga

FTH

is a very good answer

Malinga the Swinga

B all day long, winning the championship is about being promoted, nobody really gives a shit about the trophy.

funnily enough, seem to remember quite a lot of our support being really pleased when we received the championship, but then again, a real Hearts supporter would know that.

Bowmans_Boot

funnily enough, seem to remember quite a lot of our support being really pleased when we received the championship, but then again, a real Hearts supporter would know that.

The manner in which we did it was sensational and that made it a superb season. However, I agree that all that really mattered was promotion, be that as champions or play-off winners.

I would most definitely preferred play-off winners and one SC.

Im not sure, I think its the promotion that fans are celebrating, I dont think the actual trophy is one than many fans or players would have on their priority list.

Again though, if the opinion differs from the masses it must come from what, lets say a celtic fan...

Given that the club clearly chose A I think this will show the difference in priorities between a club and its supporters. Supporters are short-termist in outlook and for a football club this can be commercial suicide.

Do you honestly think asking a "would you rather?" question in the middle of a boring international break constitutes to me being a Hibs fan?

I'm Hearts through and through, I was just wondering what people thought about this

.....and a new poster to these parts to boot....very subtle!!!

No. It's your entire posting history that does that.

I'd rather have romped the championship and got back up to the top flight.

Having seen my team lift the SC 3 times in my life B is just a shite option

Why would you want to spend 3 seasons in a lessee division to win 2 bug cups. I suppose it's the hibs way

OK let's get the obvious out of the way - I'm a Hearts fan and never ever wanted to be anything other than a Hearts fan.

I can however see merit in the OP question.

Since we won the Championship the level of excitement and entertainment, that we all thrive on, has been sadly missing.

We finished 3rd last season in a league with no valid competition outwith Celtic and Aberdeen, and I think it was acknowledged that in the main the football on offer was at times dire. Losing to Hibs in the SC was a disgrace and pretty much killed the season for many.

This season has frankly been a major disappointment. Slipping to 5th in the league, and a repeat of the season killing exit from the SC again to Hibs - AGAIN no big day out at Hampden to look forward to.

Do I want to swop with Hibs fans - NO WAY.

However what really disappoints me is that after we ran away with the Championship with the nucleus of a good team to build on, with sell out crowds, and financial security, we should be MILES ahead of Hibs - despite them being in the lower Division (they will come up this season) we are NOT!

I think there were two good opportunities for a Cup win lost.

Having said that winning Championship first time was great for club in a lot of ways. Judge it after 5 or 10 years. We're just 3 years in.

Bowmans_Boot

OK let's get the obvious out of the way - I'm a Hearts fan and never ever wanted to be anything other than a Hearts fan.

I can however see merit in the OP question.

Since we won the Championship the level of excitement and entertainment, that we all thrive on, has been sadly missing.

We finished 3rd last season in a league with no valid competition outwith Celtic and Aberdeen, and I think it was acknowledged that in the main the football on offer was at times dire. Losing to Hibs in the SC was a disgrace and pretty much killed the season for many.

This season has frankly been a major disappointment. Slipping to 5th in the league, and a repeat of the season killing exit from the SC again to Hibs - AGAIN no big day out at Hampden to look forward to.

Do I want to swop with Hibs fans - NO WAY.

However what really disappoints me is that after we ran away with the Championship with the nucleus of a good team to build on, with sell out crowds, and financial security, we should be MILES ahead of Hibs - despite them being in the lower Division (they will come up this season) we are NOT!

Very good post. We can only live on the championship season (which was, undoubtedly, incredible) for so long. We need new highs, new reasons to get excited about the team, new opportunities to make new history.... Finishing 3rd/4th by beating the absolute dross in the league, yet never, ever beating Celtic (or Hibs now) just doesnt do it for me.

I am still incredibly optimistic about Cathro but I want to see us competing in the cuos, against Celtic, beating Hibs and the other big games.

RobbofordGHC

However what really disappoints me is that after we ran away with the Championship with the nucleus of a good team to build on, with sell out crowds, and financial security, we should be MILES ahead of Hibs - despite them being in the lower Division (they will come up this season) we are NOT!

This is the travesty. We were in a position to build another extended period of out and out domination over them. Instead we have regressed to the point where, were we playing them this weekend the bookies would have them as justifiable favourites.

Archived