Indy Ref Part Deux

Armageddon

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Depends what the end result of the Brexit deal is.

If it's a crap deal (or no deal and WTO tariffs) then support for Independence will rise.

Nookie Bear

I was a hard No voter last time out.

I'm now a Maybe.

The economic argument is still a killer.

What makes you think independent Scotland will be better off, economically?

What trick are we missing?

I was a hard No voter last time out. 

I'm now a Maybe.

The economic argument is still a killer. 

If they can't make the economic argument then I can't see anyway to vote Yes - what is the point of having the power to implement policies that you can't fund.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Deserves it's own thread this one.

I don't get a vote. If I did I'd vote no but that's merely a personal view. Hopefully this campaign is a hell of a lot less bitter than the last one.

Depends what the end result of the Brexit deal is.

If it's a crap deal (or no deal and WTO tariffs) then support for Independence will rise.

the problem is though sturgeon has said she wants the indyref to happen before brexit is finished (between autum 18 and spring 19). so they probably wont know the full details of the brexit deal. 

I don't get a vote. If I did I'd vote no but that's merely a personal view. Hopefully this campaign is a hell of a lot less bitter than the last one.

i'm in the same situation and completely agree with what you have said

I was a yes the last time and I'm even more of a yes now.  30 years under a Tory government would be absolutely brutal.

I also don't get a vote but would vote no also, I however think the next one will be even more bitter.

I wonder if they can now answer the questions they couldn't a few years ago. The main one being what currency will an independent Scotland use?

An even more difficult one as it will be an independent Scotland that won't be part of the EU (or will we we down the line to leaving) but to gain membership will we need to change to the Euro?

Prince Buaben

Was a YES last time.

Now I'm not so sure.

I am in this boat.

What are we going to be left with after Brexit? 

Harry Potter

Shame this carry on is splitting the nation, so the 1st indy vote was a waste of time.

Anyway whatever the outcome , a can of worms have been opened.

Big No for me due to my thoughts that we are safe in the union.

No results on what currency we would have being alone.

Its like too many unanswered questions on what would happen.

I voted yes last time but had moved to a no.

I do think Brexit gives the Snp justification for a new referendum.

The Comedian

A SNP Indy Scotland, an explosion of immigration and EU competition rules sending work to hovels like Poland an that like the replacement Forth Crossing.

Na, don't think I want left to them.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Was a YES last time.

Now I'm not so sure.

Same for me. The EUs attitude to Scotland joining stank the last time and the currency was a grey area that needs clarifying this time.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Yes then, yes now.

We go again.

Surely to god this has to be the last roll of the dice, at least for the foreseeable future.

HaymarketJambo

I was a yes the last time and I'm even more of a yes now.  30 years under a Tory government would be absolutely brutal.

This.

Yes then, yes again. Too soon for another vote? Maybe, but it's almost definitely the last chance for far too long to vote for what I believe in

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

I'm prepared to bet that the Scots will bottle it again and vote No.

Just like 1st time round.

Surely to god this has to be the last roll of the dice, at least for the foreseeable future.

You would expect so. Unless of course something major happened again, like economic collapse as the smaller country in a failing United Kingdom post-Brexit.

...a bit disco

Can someone set up a poll on this?

:isee:

Nice one chief.

Psychedelicropcircle

this will be interesting can't see better together part duex, leaving Gary tank commander & Maggie mays borders gimp to convince us.

ToadKiller Dog

The time is right for a second vote ,we voted 3-1 to stay in the EU ( I voted leave which I now think was wrong as the opposition to a Tory version UK in England doesn't exist ) .

Sturgeon argument for holding a 2ND referendum is fair and right .

There are a lot of hard questions the independence movement will have to answer to win over doubters .

No shoe in that yes would win , but the hard right nature of Westminster rule could make the difference .

Interesting times .

I will vote yes again more solidly this time .

What's the point?

It's practically the same people going to vote again and the financial outlook now looks as bleak as it was before.

Old people still remember Britain as a positive thing, they like the queen and they don't like foreigners. 

They're not suddenly going to think "**** all that" and vote Yes.

As if your average simple Scottish 45-65yr old and 65yr old + is going to volountarily choose to use the Euro.

The whole thing looks like a massive waste of time and energy. I wouldn't be surprised if the result is even more tilted towards No this time around.

If I still lived in Scotland, I'd vote Yes but there's no way it'll happen.

Yes/No Question thrown open to all Scots living in the UK this time around?

Yes, all Scots living in the UK should have a vote.

Thunderstruck

Bring. It. On.

The sooner we put this to bed forever, the better.

The vote will, again, be to remain in U.K. but we'll then find ourselves in the same Groundhog Day - all the way to Indy 500.

Yes, all Scots living in the UK should have a vote.

Disagree.

Same rules, only those people of whatever nationality resident in Scotland should be eligible to vote.  IMO

Archived