More Tory lies

aussieh

Dusk_Till_Dawn

I’d get fired into Maitlis big time 

:jjyay:

Anyway, Truss acting like a weapon about the French, the Tories doing **** all about owt, Starmer hiding, the SNP blaming everyone else. Knock me down.

Just another Friday.

• Replies 26.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Mighty Thor

• Victorian

• JudyJudyJudy

• Cade

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 25/08/2022 at 19:24, dobmisterdobster said:

News anchor gets taken off air for her psychotic political rants.

Blames the Tories.

Are you naive or am I for asking? You come out with some guff on various threads.

dobmisterdobster
11 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Are you naive or am I for asking? You come out with some guff on various threads.

Naive for pointing out that the BBC is supposed to be above American Cable News style commentary?

The license fee is not meant to pay for mushy tabloid pap like that. LBC is a much better fit for her.

22 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Naive for pointing out that the BBC is supposed to be above American Cable News style commentary?

The license fee is not meant to pay for mushy tabloid pap like that. LBC is a much better fit for her.

The  BBC is part of the British establishment, run by a Tory and is as anti Scottish as they come. Any bad word against it and you're the enemy. Welcome to fascist Britain!

JudyJudyJudy

You know how bad things have got....

A guy was interviewed on tv news just now talking about a " moderate" Liz Truss.  Apparently he is hoping she will be very much like Thatcher who was " very pragmatic" .   (  i know what he was meaning but still wishing for a moderate Thatcher type.  FFS

il Duce McTarkin
4 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

What a despicable piece of shit, rushing through new rules for UC which could affect 114k people, whilst MP's are on holiday and a week before she's probably out of the cabinet.  A real nasty piece of work.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/tory-minister-quietly-changes-rules-27849175

Well if you can work then you should work.

Hopefully this will get the feckless, layabout, sicknotes back into the habit of earning their own crust and paying their own way.

Driving down wages by flooding the labour market with eager employees will also help tackle inflationary pressures, and provide employers with extra cash to re-invest in the business, CEO's can look forward to a well-earned bonus, and provide shareholders with a welcome dividend boost just when the cost of living crisis is biting.

It's a win - win situation.

Unknown user
4 minutes ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

Hopefully this will get the feckless, layabout, sicknotes back into the habit of earning their own crust and paying their own way.

Driving down wages by flooding the labour market with eager employees will also help tackle inflationary pressures, and provide employers with extra cash to re-invest in the business, CEO's can look forward to a well-earned bonus, and provide shareholders with a welcome dividend boost just when the cost of living crisis is biting.

We need more forced labour from people with sicknotes IMO

il Duce McTarkin
Just now, Smithee said:

We need more forced labour from people with sicknotes IMO

:spoton:

It's a well known fact that the British worker is generally less inclined to hard graft than their continental counterpart.

You just need to look at the under-performance of British firms in the international arena for proof.

'If you don't buck up your ideas, Johnny one-leg will be coming to take your job for less pay. How do you like them apples?'.

Another example of Conservative values getting Britain back to work.

WorldChampions1902
34 minutes ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

:spoton:

It's a well known fact that the British worker is generally less inclined to hard graft than their continental counterpart.

You just need to look at the under-performance of British firms in the international arena for proof.

'If you don't buck up your ideas, Johnny one-leg will be coming to take your job for less pay. How do you like them apples?'.

Another example of Conservative values getting Britain back to work.

The bit in bold. Source please? And don’t say “Britannia Unchained”, authored by a subset of the current junta. Thanks in advance.

il Duce McTarkin
9 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

The bit in bold. Source please? And don’t say “Britannia Unchained”, authored by a subset of the current junta. Thanks in advance.

I work in recruitment and, due to extensive client feedback over a number of decades, hire from abroad wherever possible.

My clients thank me in advance too.

WorldChampions1902
3 hours ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

I work in recruitment and, due to extensive client feedback over a number of decades, hire from abroad wherever possible.

My clients thank me in advance too.

The U.K. is fourth highest in GDP per hour worked in the G7 nations according to the OECD, during the last two financial years for which data is available. Who do I believe? Someone who works in recruitment, or the OECD?

https://stats.oecd.org/Index.aspx?QueryId=107229

4 hours ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

I agree with that, however not everybody's physical capabilities are the same, but that doesn't seem to matter to this lot.  I remember getting told that they would expect me to take heavy physical jobs, when they knew that I was medically unfit to do that type of job, that's the sort of people we are dealing with here.

Footballfirst
5 hours ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

Yes - spot on.

Let's incentivise all these "sicknotes" by training them all to become tax inspectors to work and investigate the paper trails of all the tax dodgers, off-shoring of UK income etc.

You can even give them a commission on how much tax they can recoup for the Treasury. That would generate lots of extra cash that could be reinvested in the economy. 

It's a win-win situation.

What's that you said? The government isn't looking to have peoples tax arrangements investigated.

That's what I thought. Typical Tory dogma.

5 hours ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

I could be wrong but a lot of people on UC do work. My Daughter (single mother due to Hubby being a cock) is one of them. She still toils to make ends meet.

il Duce McTarkin
45 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

The U.K. is fourth highest in GDP per hour worked in the G7 nations according to the OECD, during the last two financial years for which data is available. Who do I believe? Someone who works in recruitment, or the OECD?

https://stats.oecd.org/Index.aspx?QueryId=107229

You can believe whatever you like, but remember, there's lies, damned lies, and statistics.

I'm offering up some real-world, first-hand, gen.

British workers are Vauxhall Conference to their  continental Champions League peers. 

Them's the cold, hard, facts.

The Mighty Thor
1 minute ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

You can believe whatever you like, but remember, there's lies, damned lies, and statistics.

I'm offering up some real-world, first-hand, gen.

British workers are Vauxhall Conference to their  continental Champions League peers. 

Them's the cold, hard, facts.

Your facts are based on a cohort of people who have the skills, abilities and wherewithal to leave their European home and work in the UK.

By default they'll be a level above the general population of their own countries which makes your point redundant as its based on a specific set of highly motivated people rather than a country's general population. 

The same is true of UK workers. 

JudyJudyJudy
10 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

What a despicable piece of shit, rushing through new rules for UC which could affect 114k people, whilst MP's are on holiday and a week before she's probably out of the cabinet.  A real nasty piece of work.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/tory-minister-quietly-changes-rules-27849175

They really are scum.  

Nucky Thompson
7 hours ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

:robboyas:

WorldChampions1902
14 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

They really are scum.  

Rest easy. Oblivion beckons for this Junta and the Tory Party. Some powerful data in here backs that up. Looks like Keith (sp) will be in charge soon. Unless he gets emptied because of his lack of support for the TU’s in the ongoing and deteriorating industrial action landscape.

https://mattgoodwin.substack.com/p/the-conservatives-are-imploding?r=tlt6q&s=r&utm_campaign=post&utm_medium=email

:sweeet:

il Duce McTarkin
16 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Your facts are based on a cohort of people who have the skills, abilities and wherewithal to leave their European home and work in the UK.

By default they'll be a level above the general population of their own countries which makes your point redundant as its based on a specific set of highly motivated people rather than a country's general population. 

The same is true of UK workers. 

I'm glad it's that which made my point redundant and not the fact that I made the whole lot up.

il Duce McTarkin
16 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Yes - spot on.

Let's incentivise all these "sicknotes" by training them all to become tax inspectors to work and investigate the paper trails of all the tax dodgers, off-shoring of UK income etc.

You can even give them a commission on how much tax they can recoup for the Treasury. That would generate lots of extra cash that could be reinvested in the economy. 

It's a win-win situation.

What's that you said? The government isn't looking to have peoples tax arrangements investigated.

That's what I thought. Typical Tory dogma.

Train them up to be whatever you like, as long as the workshy dossers get off the sick-list and back into gainful employment then all is rosey.

16 hours ago, tightrope said:

I could be wrong but a lot of people on UC do work. My Daughter (single mother due to Hubby being a cock) is one of them. She still toils to make ends meet.

I'd wager that the majority of people claiming some form of UC are in work.

It's a ****ing shambles, and we should be ashamed of ourselves for letting it get to this stage.

Konrad von Carstein
1 hour ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

Rest easy. Oblivion beckons for this Junta and the Tory Party. Some powerful data in here backs that up. Looks like Keith (sp) will be in charge soon. Unless he gets emptied because of his lack of support for the TU’s in the ongoing and deteriorating industrial action landscape.

https://mattgoodwin.substack.com/p/the-conservatives-are-imploding?r=tlt6q&s=r&utm_campaign=post&utm_medium=email

:sweeet:

Please let his forecasts come to pass 🙏

The Mighty Thor

Is there a better metaphor for the utterly shit state of the country than this? 

3 billion quid and it's sitting in the Solent with its hazards on.

Global Britain

1_setting-sail-pr-832938.jpg

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Global Britain

Rule Brittania.

:laugh2:

5 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Global Britain

It probably got stuck in the effluent that the tories allowed to flow into the sea. 

Fair makes ya proud. 

20 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Global Britain

Best haul it back to Rosyth for a service.

The Mighty Thor
7 hours ago, Japan Jambo said:

Best haul it back to Rosyth for a service.

Why? It's maintenance base is Portsmouth. 

Oh is this one of those Scotland is really shite things? 

If so, Bantz👍

9 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Why? It's maintenance base is Portsmouth. 

Oh is this one of those Scotland is really shite things? 

If so, Bantz👍

The boat was built in Rosyth, but I'm sure you knew that. 

The Mighty Thor
22 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

The boat was built in Rosyth, but I'm sure you knew that. 

My VW was built in Germany.

Fortunately when it requires service or breaks down I'm not having to AA it back to Wolfsburg.

But I'm sure you knew that. 

The Mighty Thor
47 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Shipbuilding in Scotland during the Sturgeon administration era has been pretty shit like everything else

Did the SNP build the Prince of Wales? 

I never knew that. 

16 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Did the SNP build the Prince of Wales? 

I never knew that. 

The ships are never usually 'built' by one yard. It was assembled in Rosyth though so is definitely the Sturgeons fault, as she was in charge of the propulsion department that week.

Konrad von Carstein

The carriers are coming back to Rosyth for what I suppose is the equivalent of a car service in the next few months.

The Mighty Thor
1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

Elsie and her party know nothing about moving forward :greggy:

You on the other know nothing about.....anything it appears. 

manaliveits105
2 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

You on the other know nothing about.....anything it appears. 

I don’t pretend to know everything like yourself that’s for sure 

manaliveits105
1 hour ago, micole said:

Now regardless to which political view people have on here,  this is so wrong.

Indeed very bad actress they’ve found there - as prices weren’t up yet and it was Summer holidays the story doesn’t really stack up . It may be something that does happen going forward but that’s a put up job by political activists 

4 hours ago, jambo89 said:

The ships are never usually 'built' by one yard. It was assembled in Rosyth though so is definitely the Sturgeons fault, as she was in charge of the propulsion department that week.

Indeed, the carriers were designed and built by the ACA (Aircraft carrier Alliance) whose main players are BAE, Thales, Babcock, GE Propulsion & of course the MOD (there were various sub contracts to other UK yards from this group). If I was to hazard a guess GE will be putting in extra hours at the moment. Worth noting that no project of this size is carried out by individual organisations nowadays nearly always a consortium.

39 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Indeed very bad actress they’ve found there - as prices weren’t up yet and it was Summer holidays the story doesn’t really stack up . It may be something that does happen going forward but that’s a put up job by political activists 

So you are saying this was all made up and a lie.......well owing to your posting record you have me convinced........aye right!!.

Edited by micole

maroonlegions
35 minutes ago, micole said:

So you are saying this was all made up and a lie.......well owing to your posting record you have me convinced........aye right!!.

:conspiracy:

Footballfirst
1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

The last time I checked, energy prices went up 54% in April. Fuel, food and other prices generally have also gone up significantly since then.  That backs up what the "dinner lady" said about what she experienced before the summer holidays and what she expects to happen come October.

The story does stack up, unlike your pathetic post.

manaliveits105

Yep it was just pure coincidence “politics joe” stumbled across her with a mike right enough - but for gullible dullards who spend their day looking for stuff like this it’s nectar