More Tory lies

aussieh

maroonlegions
1 hour ago, jambo lodge said:

My goodness, where to begin. How about the previous Labour government taking the decision to destroy the records that existed about the Windrush immigrants. That decision had horrendous consequenses. What about the phrase "hostile environment" for illegal immigrants first coined by the previous Labour government. Sajid Javid has said he will ensure the Wndrush generation are treated properly and that they will receive full compensation. 

Perhaps you need to take anger management classes.

Stick to the facts that Javid voted for a bill to deport BEFORE looking at the human rights of those facing deportation.

We are dealing with the here and now and this scandal is Mays doing as former Home Sec.

The fact  is that  this governments continued  LYING about the WIndrush scandal, resulting in their home sec resigning is  a scandal inits self.

If i am anger then its justified , Javid is a liar, he led in the commons yesterday, perhaps you could even acknowledge that.

Oh, and here is  another clime down by this car crash of a prime minister.

And how many defeats has she suffered in the House of Lords to date now, SEVEN i think.

The Prime Minister agreed to MPs' demands after 21 Tories signalled they were prepared to defeat her government;

MIRROR.CO.UK

Edited by maroonlegions

• Replies 27.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Mighty Thor

• Victorian

• JudyJudyJudy

• Cade

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Unknown user
18 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

that's kind of why I said when people stop seeing themselves as immigrants, not actually "what is the definition of immigrant"

You said he's an immigrant though - he isn't.

maroonlegions
1 hour ago, deesidejambo said:

At risk of being labelled a Tory again -

No Windrush people have been deported.   Of course the whole thing is a shambles but please keep to real evidence. 

Illegal migrants  - deport - no problem with that.  Note 72 illegal migrants have been deported after serving prison sentences for murder, rape, drug dealing, armed robbery, and other serious crimes.    I have no problem with that.

As for those who are here from Windrush - also no problem - they are British.

But people on her keep conflating the two and accusing the Govt of deporting Windrush people.  That has simply not happened.

Agree that now the issue is out in the open Labour and the other parties now need to say what they will do with illegal migrants.   Otherwise the Tories will regain the upper hand.   The opposition parties are missing an open goal if they dont drive this through, but part of tha tis saying what they would themselves do.

Also Corbyn needs to control Labours response - just setting Abbot and Lammy on it squealing about the evil Tories wont cut it.

Still does not change the fact that in 2014 they sneakily deleted a human right protecting immigrants .

The resignation  of Rudd  and Mays time in the Home office says a lot .

deesidejambo
Just now, maroonlegions said:

Still does not change the fact that in 2014 they sneakily deleted a human right protecting immigrants .

Indeed but you can seethe too much ML.  It’s bad for you to have all this hate.

As the issue is now turning in the Tories favour due to lack of opposition proposals, simple question to you.

What would you do with illegal immigrants?

Seymour M Hersh
4 hours ago, Boris said:

How do you know there are up to 1 million illegal immigrants?

If they are illegal, how do we know they are here?

That's why I only said up to. It's the governments best guess so there's probably double that! :laugh:

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, maroonlegions said:

You're making things up. The EU does not allow countries to delete things from their human rights law unilaterally.

Loving that despite shelling out £1billion for the 8 DUP votes, May is backing down on everything in parliament as she's terrified of losing a single vote due to disgruntled back-benchers.

Ironically, this weak and wobbly government is actually in the nation's best interests as all of their more extreme bills are being dropped one by one.

:pleasing: 

Victorian
Just now, Cade said:

Loving that despite shelling out £1billion for the 8 DUP votes, May is backing down on everything in parliament as she's terrified of losing a single vote due to disgruntled back-benchers.

Ironically, this weak and wobbly government is actually in the nation's best interests as all of their more extreme bills are being dropped one by one.

:pleasing: 

The DUP deal was only ever to protect the PM through the immediate shitstorm after the election.    The only reason for it was to ensure May continued to stay in office.     The confidence & supply 'stability' to govern and legislate effectively was not a consideration.    She doesn't give a ****.    The rest of her government don't give a ****.     The vast majority of her MPs don't give a ****.      Only the pretence of control and conducting the business of government to facilitate people getting what they want (being Prime Minister,  being in government,  being an MP) for as long as possible is worth giving a **** about.

Phil Dunphy
9 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

I hate to he Tories.  

Wish we voted for independence but the Scottish people would rather see Lying *******s like Cameron, May, Rudd and Javid rule over us. 

Say what you want about Surgeon but she and the SNP at least have their shit together and stand by their party. The only strong and stable government about. 

Sinn Fein stand by their party. Doesn't mean they aren't a shower of deceitful *****.

Space Mackerel
1 hour ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Sinn Fein stand by their party. Doesn't mean they aren't a shower of deceitful *****.

Sounds a bit British nationalist this? 

Phil Dunphy
1 minute ago, Space Mackerel said:

Sounds a bit British nationalist this? 

You don't have much of a life, do you? :laugh:

I don't like terrorists, is that ok with you?

Space Mackerel
4 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

You don't have much of a life, do you? :laugh:

I don't like terrorists, is that ok with you?

Nor me, when I was a kid I carried body armour and an assault rifle in my job. 

You youngsters nowadays. Almost like you know everything with a smart phone and a PS4 account. 

Phil Dunphy
1 minute ago, Space Mackerel said:

Nor me, when I was a kid I carried body armour and an assault rifle in my job. 

You youngsters nowadays. Almost like you know everything with a smart phone and a PS4 account. 

And when I was a kid, I spent a lot of time worried if a bomb was going to go off any time we went anywhere,

Space Mackerel
7 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

And when I was a kid, I spent a lot of time worried if a bomb was going to go off any time we went anywhere,

Now we are getting somewhere. You have NI heritage right? I can’t keep up with all this name changing on here. 

shaun.lawson
16 hours ago, Boris said:

I do sometimes....:what::hartley:

Boris rocks the shapes out to this IMO.

shaun.lawson
15 hours ago, deesidejambo said:

Give Boris a call!

Seriously though.    You may dance alone in the house but not the same way you would if you were dancing with a female - especially an attractive one, with big tits.

But if you do - shut the curtains!

Exclusive footage of Deeside's moves below.

shaun.lawson
15 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

The Tory’s are not more right wing than they were 10, 20, 30 years ago and they are the most right wing mainstream party...

15 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

The truth politics in uk are pretty centric...

Yes, the Tories are more right wing than 10, 20 or 30 years ago. They've been a lot more right wing economically (through austerity, and the destruction of the welfare state), and a lot more right wing socially, through disgusting immigration targets and their whole language around immigration. Language which has become so normalised, someone like you doesn't even notice.

Your comments about how 'centrist' British politics are are highly instructive. Because that's what most of the public, which pays little attention to politics most of the time, believes. X in the Tory box, sleep like a baby - while assuming that "oh, they can't be that bad". Except that yes, they are that bad. They're so bad that the United Nations has condemned Britain's treatment of the disabled, and our Prime Minister believed in deporting first, allowing appeals later. 

'Centrist'? When life expectancy is falling, 120,000 people have died unnecessarily because of Tory government policy, all immigrants are subjected to a "hostile environment", and the UK's response to the migrant/refugee crisis was first, to let them drown in the Med; and second, for Cameron to complain about the "appalling inconvenience to British holidaymakers"? 'Centrist'?!?! On what planet do you live? 

14 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I wonder what Diane Abacus would do with the up to 1 million illegal immigrants we have in the UK? We may never know as she dodged that question 6 times when asked on TV.

And what's the source for that figure? Wait, don't tell me - it's the same one you speak out of.

Britain has next to no idea how many people are entering, and how many are leaving. We only started trying to count people in and out astonishingly recently - and the system we're using still isn't working properly. 

12 hours ago, deesidejambo said:

At risk of being labelled a Tory again -

No Windrush people have been deported.   Of course the whole thing is a shambles but please keep to real evidence. 

Sigh. At the risk of repeating myself, the Immigration Minister herself admitted they already know that some have been deported. What in the world do you think all the fuss in recent days about arbitrary targets has been about? What do you think arbitrary targets lead to? 

And you know how we deport people, whether legal or illegal migrants? Here's what 'centrist', 'civilised' Britain does. 

https://www.scotsman.com/lifestyle/7-600-deported-to-commonwealth-nations-on-charter-flights-since-2010-1-4726625

shaun.lawson
15 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Its hard to have a discussion with SL as your posts are so hyperbolic and conflate so many issues. Whilst they are designed to tell stories abf try to engage a emotional response not one based on fact.

However, your speaking out your arse about the tories be more right wing. Austerity isn’t really all that a right wing policy when you look across Europe. Many left leading parties had to the same.  You mistake cause and consequences. 

Whilst as a country we are way more compassionate than we were 10, 20 and 30 years ago. You seriously thinking we are much harder on immigration? We were oh so tolerant caring bunch in 70’s that nonsense nostalgia.

1. Which parts of my post weren't based on fact? Yours certainly wasn't. Yours was just based on crass, smug generalisations and pure obliviousness.

2. Europe's had austerity because Europe has the euro. As a result of which it's impossible for countries to devalue. We don't have the euro; we took a very right wing political choice instead. 

3. "As a country, we're much more compassionate than 10, 20 or 30 years ago"? Go tell that to the Windrush generation. Go tell that to those we deport on private flights with passengers fitted with restraints. Go tell that to women detained in Yarl's Wood. Go tell that to the horrendous numbers of people denied benefits - some of whom have died as a result - as part of deliberate government policy. Go tell that to those who've seen youth centres closed, women's refuges closed, SureStart centres closed, as a result of that deliberate policy.

Go tell that to a Muslim friend of mine who is far, far more anxious about walking down the street nowadays than in the past. Go tell that to the three million EU citizens very anxious about their future, many of whom have encountered racism and xenophobia since the Brexit vote. Go tell that to the families of those who died in Grenfell Tower.

What you arrogantly dismiss as 'hyperbole' is fact. And the reason for your arrogance is your obliviousness. You're clearly insulated from this. Well, millions aren't. 

Edited by shaun.lawson

deesidejambo
5 hours ago, shaun.lawson said:

Yes, the Tories are more right wing than 10, 20 or 30 years ago. They've been a lot more right wing economically (through austerity, and the destruction of the welfare state), and a lot more right wing socially, through disgusting immigration targets and their whole language around immigration. Language which has become so normalised, someone like you doesn't even notice.

Your comments about how 'centrist' British politics are are highly instructive. Because that's what most of the public, which pays little attention to politics most of the time, believes. X in the Tory box, sleep like a baby - while assuming that "oh, they can't be that bad". Except that yes, they are that bad. They're so bad that the United Nations has condemned Britain's treatment of the disabled, and our Prime Minister believed in deporting first, allowing appeals later. 

'Centrist'? When life expectancy is falling, 120,000 people have died unnecessarily because of Tory government policy, all immigrants are subjected to a "hostile environment", and the UK's response to the migrant/refugee crisis was first, to let them drown in the Med; and second, for Cameron to complain about the "appalling inconvenience to British holidaymakers"? 'Centrist'?!?! On what planet do you live? 

And what's the source for that figure? Wait, don't tell me - it's the same one you speak out of.

Britain has next to no idea how many people are entering, and how many are leaving. We only started trying to count people in and out astonishingly recently - and the system we're using still isn't working properly. 

Sigh. At the risk of repeating myself, the Immigration Minister herself admitted they already know that some have been deported. What in the world do you think all the fuss in recent days about arbitrary targets has been about? What do you think arbitrary targets lead to? 

And you know how we deport people, whether legal or illegal migrants? Here's what 'centrist', 'civilised' Britain does. 

https://www.scotsman.com/lifestyle/7-600-deported-to-commonwealth-nations-on-charter-flights-since-2010-1-4726625

Sorry Shaun but you are wrong.   It was said in Parliament on the first day of this mess that « maybe » some have already been deported, but that was later clarified that none have.

Happy to be corrected if you point me to a link that confirms actual deportations of Windrush people.

maroonlegions
20 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

You're making things up. The EU does not allow countries to delete things from their human rights law unilaterally.

Nope ,there was a crucial "change" made to a bill  in 2014 on the protection of immigrants against deportation.Delete was a rather extreme meaning of "change" or "leave out".

I have provided  this on another post on here. 

May as then home sec has a lot to answer for. 

maroonlegions

Illegal  immigrants should be deported  but what we are seeing is that the "ring fenced" protection of immigrants here legally is seeing them labelled with the illegal.

So in hyndsight  make sure you have a UK passport!

Have May's government  started targeting the poor and removing their citizenship rights in order to prevent them voting.

May's 2014 legislation read carefully seems like a clever loop hole.

Is there now a bigger  threat to deport anyone  to random countries even if you were born and bred here ?? Anyone that is poor that is .??

Seems that the Tory's "harsh environment" policies could possibly be spreading  not just to the disabled and migrants that have been here legally for decades but to anyone on a low wage, like former food service employees and building workers and those on zero hours contracts who's right to vote is already eroded.

Begs the question then  if you cannot produce a passport for the next election you could you be next!:rofl:

And so it begins the great cover up of our time;

May as former Home Sec had a hand in polices and must have known. Rudd was here sacrificial  lamb.

Tories so scared to reveal documents, they bring 3-line whip to maintain #WindrushCoverup:rofl:

So far, since the General Election, the government has been so scared of losing a Labour-sponsored vote in Parliament that they have ‘whipped’ MPs not to vote on…
SKWAWKBOX.ORG

And yet more mess brewing for May.

The Home Office has been engulfed in a fresh crisis after accusations emerged that it told 7,000 foreign students to leave the UK in error. In Sajid Javid's first day in…
THELONDONECONOMIC.COM

Dont look back in anger though.

maroonlegions
22 hours ago, deesidejambo said:

Indeed but you can seethe too much ML.  It’s bad for you to have all this hate.

As the issue is now turning in the Tories favour due to lack of opposition proposals, simple question to you.

What would you do with illegal immigrants?

maroonlegions

Just to bump up this latest farce by the Home Office under May.

We know that most politicians don’t have to be intelligent to get voted in, but this Government has got more than it’s fair share of idiots.

Could we ensure that any compensation these students  are due is paid by this bunch of incompetent fools rather than the taxpayer?

Not forgetting Rudd "inadvertently" mislead parliament. As if its ok to make or  mistakenly or to inadvertently do something. I wonder if you tried to explain away a minor indiscrepancies in court with these two words would you walk free?

Seriously though ,"mistakenly deported" - 7000 people. Where do i even begin with this ?! - "mistakenly" ? :vrface:

INDEPENDENT.CO.UK

Image may contain: 2 people, text

Edited by maroonlegions

maroonlegions

So May has "3lined whipped" her MPS into making sure they vote against Labours motion to release ALL of the Windrush documents.

The act of a desperate liar and coward.  

Guilty even without the evidence. If there was one piece of paper in those documents and e mails relating to any Labour misdemeanour they would have been released. The Tories have a lot to hide !!

The Tories forced into a heads you win tails we lose situation as “Jeremy Corbyn manoeuvred Theresa May into a corner – and she lost her nerve… she has leapt to the most extreme measure available to her to keep the government’s documents about the Windrush horror secret.”

maroonlegions
1 hour ago, Space Mackerel said:

Hands up if you think the Torys have a problem with racism within their rank and file?

Just the 18 suspended in a calendar month :lol:

https://evolvepolitics.com/eigtheen-tory-councillors-and-candidates-were-suspended-for-racism-and-abuse-last-month-alone/

Its  also nutty season in Tory land i see.

No automatic alt text available.

:vrface:

:lies:

Space Mackerel
22 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Its  also nutty season in Tory land i see.

No automatic alt text available.

:vrface:

:lies:

Did that one earlier pal, about 6 posts up or so.

maroonlegions
16 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Did that one earlier pal, about 6 posts up or so.

:shockio:

maroonlegions

Our new home sec is a tax evader .:vrface:

Home Secretary IS a tax evader - According to @MailOnline in 2014 Sajid Javid WAS part of the illegal tax evasion scheme at Deutsche Bank. So either the Mail is lying, or Javid. You decide.

Image may contain: text

:conspiracy:
Edited by maroonlegions

Victorian

The cowardly,  dishonest way to avoid facing up to the fact that the Tory government have seriously ****ed up lives is to dishonestly frame the debate around deportations,  as well as to deflect on to illegal immigration.

The issue is not deportations.     The issue is how the Tories ruined peoples' lives while in the UK.    People entitled to live and work here.     Not even remotely illegal immigrants.    People had their lives ruined but it's ok.    Nothing to complain about.     Nobody was deported.      

If you justify the government in these terms you're a ****ing snake.

Space Mackerel

Looks like Cambridge Analytica is being wound up. 

Mind you, the Torys spent all that dough and still made a complete ***** of the snap GE. Probably them sighing a huge gasp of relief. :)

Space Mackerel
7 minutes ago, jambo lodge said:

Does Cult HQ send you all these links SP?

Nope, you’ve just got to steer your wee brain away from the shite on TV and Murdoch press. Try it, you’ll be more educated, politically at least ?

jambo lodge
1 hour ago, Space Mackerel said:

Nope, you’ve just got to steer your wee brain away from the shite on TV and Murdoch press. Try it, you’ll be more educated, politically at least ?

I will take that as a yes then.

Victorian

Still making a giant ***** of Brexit as well.      Cabinet and Brexit sub committees both totally split and entrenched with the same ingrained philosophical positions.     PM trying to strong arm whatever idea she thinks will extend her existing residence.     Half of the rest going along for the ride.     The other half pursuing their own ambitions.  Utterly,  hopelessly bogged down in the shite.     

2 hours ago, Victorian said:

Still making a giant ***** of Brexit as well.      Cabinet and Brexit sub committees both totally split and entrenched with the same ingrained philosophical positions.     PM trying to strong arm whatever idea she thinks will extend her existing residence.     Half of the rest going along for the ride.     The other half pursuing their own ambitions.  Utterly,  hopelessly bogged down in the shite.     

650.jpg?w=940&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fi

Brexit is a matter for the entire nation.

If it had to happen at all, it should have been handled by a cross-party bloc of MPs working together with business leaders, scientists, education experts and other such well-informed people (as well as the devolved assemblies and parliaments) so that the end result made logical sense, was consistent and was put together in the national interest.

What HAS happened is that it's being handled by one small extremist element of one political party in one of the 4 home nations.

It's nearly two years down the line and nobody knows what we're asking for in negotiations yet.

All that has been agreed thus far is to keep kicking major decisions down the road a wee bit and hoping that the EU will just suddenly decide to drop every rule that governs the 27 member states and their regulations which dictate their relations with nations outside the EU.

We've drawn so many red lines, then rubbed them out only to re-draw them again that we're becoming an international laughing stock.

We're now 100% guaranteed to be much, much worse off when we leave.

It's a farce.

jack D and coke
16 hours ago, jambo lodge said:

Does Cult HQ send you all these links SP?

Still completely ignoring EVERYTHING the uk government does and referring to Cult HQ :facepalm: 

I don’t think you’re a dafty JL but you as every bit as cult like as the people you appear to dislike. 

jambo lodge
36 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Still completely ignoring EVERYTHING the uk government does and referring to Cult HQ :facepalm: 

I don’t think you’re a dafty JL but you as every bit as cult like as the people you appear to dislike. 

Simply not true. The incompetence of the UK government over Windrush is astonishing. As a former card carrying Liberal the only party fit to govern at the moment is sadly the Tories, who desperately need real opposition. I passionately believe in equal opportunity for all but if some do better thereafter don't punish them with harmful tax rates which are self defeating. Allowing Councils to build more houses when interest rates are so low is a no brainer as is nationalisation of the rail network and the power Grid network...... not a full Tory therfore.

The "cult" of the SNP in Scotland is simply because of the iron rule of the Murrells over their MP's and party members. I was genuinely excited when Alex Salmond was first elected as First Minister but he like most in the SNP was only interested in one thing ...independence.    

deesidejambo
26 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Remember, we are like Greece without the sunshine :lol:

2FAA9457-888F-4E00-A67A-0F573493E5CD.jpeg

Will be matched by the Eurovision Song Contest results on Saturday.

deesidejambo
2 hours ago, Space Mackerel said:

This is absolutely beautiful.

But more important is this..........

As reported in the National, there is an attempt to label square sausage as British, not Scottish.  Spacey can post the link as I dont know how to do these things.

Well let me tell everyone on here - square sausage is the food of god, and anyone, anyone, who decries it or makes any reference or inference to the contrary is a ****ing ***** and will be dealt with.    

It is perfect in all ways, it is square, so fits on a morning roll, and it is perfect hangover food.   It goes perfectly with brown sauce and butter.    There are those who violate it with red sauce but they can gtf.   No exceptions.

I will form the square sausage party and run for Holyrood and anyone who doesn't vote for me will get their pus kicked-in.

7 minutes ago, deesidejambo said:

But more important is this..........

As reported in the National, there is an attempt to label square sausage as British, not Scottish.  Spacey can post the link as I dont know how to do these things.

So is it square, British, Scottish, or Link or even Lorne ?

I don't even care - after reading your post it's going on tonight's shopping list ! :-)

deesidejambo
1 minute ago, Doogz said:

So is it square, British, Scottish, or Link or even Lorne ?

I don't even care - after reading your post it's going on tonight's shopping list ! :-)

**** get in there -with fried onions on top as a treat.