More Tory lies

aussieh

Tories doing Rupert Murdoch's bidding. Destroy the BBC to free up room for FOX News in the UK and guarantee right wing dominated news delivery. *****, just *****

• Replies 27.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Mighty Thor

• Victorian

• JudyJudyJudy

• Cade

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

36 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

I think you confuse left leaning with an outdated idea of decency. When you have a government like this with scandal after scandal, they do not want analysis. They want a compliant media. Their attacks on the BBC reflect this. It's like Rangers believing the SFA have it in for them when they pull.them up for anything. It's ludicrous.

have no argument with that, I'm sure that probably comes into the equation too - we agree though that the BBC is not a mouthpiece for the Tory party?

4 hours ago, Japan Jambo said:

It really isn't, it's woke, left leaning, attention seeking and complacent. The funding model it enjoys is unique in global broadcasting - that would be fine if it had stuck to reporting news accurately, impartially and in depth but alas it's gone down the click bait rabbit hole.

I offer no defense for Dorries 🙂

Program wise they're very inclusive and left leaning, but their political coverage really, really isn't.

5 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

have no argument with that, I'm sure that probably comes into the equation too - we agree though that the BBC is not a mouthpiece for the Tory party?

Kuenssberg certainly has been a mouthpiece for the Tory party for years. They are also mouthpieces for the union and against Scottish independence, to be expected I suppose with the clue being in the name

1 minute ago, XB52 said:

Kuenssberg certainly has been a mouthpiece for the Tory party for years. They are also mouthpieces for the union and against Scottish independence, to be expected I suppose with the clue being in the name

Scotland in general gets an exceptionally shit deal from the BBC - need look no further than football and news coverage to validate that.

As regards independence I feel the approach is more one of indifference, for too long it's simply been ignored rather than subjected to the appropriate level of scrutiny. The last critical voice/thinker on that score was hunted and briefly reappeared on GB news.

16 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

It's the whole equation. The judiciary have been tested, why not the media? It follows. You undermine everything that could stand in your way.

In current days, how could the BBC be a mouthpiece for the government? Yet there are Tories beyond any doubt who think the BBC should be supportive against a background of sleaze, breathtaking arrogance, deceit and dogma. In these people's minds this lack of support is left leaning. Or it's convenient to suggest/imply it eleven if you know it's untrue.

Edited by Riccarton3

Footballfirst

I think this twitter thread, from former BBC reporter George Monbiot, gives an accurate assessment of where the BBC is at.

Edited by Footballfirst

9 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I think this twitter thread, from former BBC reporter George Monbiot, gives an accurate assessment of where the BBC is at.

So, it has it's faults. Which news and current affairs provider doesn't? He supports the BBC but not unequivocally. What makes their news and current affairs such a disaster zone?

42 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

It's the whole equation. The judiciary have been tested, why not the media? It follows. You undermine everything that could stand in your way.

In current days, how could the BBC be a mouthpiece for the government? Yet there are Tories beyond any doubt who think the BBC should be supportive against a background of sleaze, breathtaking arrogance, deceit and dogma. In these people's minds this lack of support is left leaning. Or it's convenient to suggest/imply it eleven if you know it's untrue.

Exactly this. The BBC has leaned towards the tories as there has long been an undercurrent of "watch yourself, we control the purse strings". Now it's blatant and that is no way for a properly functioning democracy to operate - we don't like the headlines we are generating by our atrocious behaviour, so we will cut your funding.

If any of these tory pigs try to claim the freeze on license fee is to help the consumer, I'll combust. Sleazy Gove said we could cut VAT on energy bills if we left the EU - and what happens when energy bills are going to basically double? Lies and excuses. 

Can only be the few spineless or uber rich that would have the temerity to defend this shower of chancers now, surely. 

Footballfirst
9 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

So, it has it's faults. Which news and current affairs provider doesn't? He supports the BBC but not unequivocally. What makes their news and current affairs such a disaster zone?

He makes that clear in the thread, that when it comes to impartiality it is lacking, offers a platform to predominately right of centre lobbyists without sufficient journalistic challenge, while marginalising left of centre groups.

8 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

He makes that clear in the thread, that when it comes to impartiality it is lacking, offers a platform to predominately right of centre lobbyists without sufficient journalistic challenge, while marginalising left of centre groups.

A good example was how many times Question Time marginalised Green MPs, for example, whilst boosting Farage on the show when he wasn't elected anywhere. 

The Mighty Thor

Well whatever your views of the BBC this latest leg of 'Operation Save Big Dog' is working a treat as Twitter is ablaze with lots of Union Jack types wanging on about 'woke' and lefty culture and how the BBC is behind the drive to oust 'arr Boris'.

It's MAGA hat stuff straight out Bannon's 'how to destabilise a democracy' playbook. 

38 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

he is never off politics live btw, despite his protestations to the contrary. 

politics live is one of the few programs that the BBC have that I still have truck with as not only does it have balance it also gets more deeply into issues rather that the perfunctory soundbite grab that is now en vogue. 

14 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Well whatever your views of the BBC this latest leg of 'Operation Save Big Dog' is working a treat as Twitter is ablaze with lots of Union Jack types wanging on about 'woke' and lefty culture and how the BBC is behind the drive to oust 'arr Boris'.

It's MAGA hat stuff straight out Bannon's 'how to destabilise a democracy' playbook. 

this I completely agree with - we find ourselves arguing about the beeb while we are having the piss ripped out of us with regard to morality and decency in public life, brilliant piece of kabuki. 

1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

Cheers. Makes a mockery of apparent Tory perception.  Alternative facts.

The Mighty Thor
14 hours ago, Japan Jambo said:

Could there be a clearer sign of Spaffer's desperation than awarding a guy who is universally accepted as being one of the most inept ministers in any government (a packed field with this mob) a knighthood!

😂

jack D and coke

How have I not seen something about Johnson being placed in power by some Russian interference? Him and his cohorts are absolutely and utterly trashing the uk and the union imo. It’s almost like some Russian plot…

Awarding a knighthood now for someone keeping his mouth shut….
:lol: 

Lord Montpelier
12 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Could there be a clearer sign of Spaffer's desperation than awarding a guy who is universally accepted as being one of the most inept ministers in any government (a packed field with this mob) a knighthood!

😂

Having Williamson and Swinney (and now I believe Somerville in Scotland) in charge of educating the next generation just shows that political life in the UK has hit rock bottom. Surely we must be able to do better than this.

You know the more this shitshow rumbles on the more I think BJ is going to get away with it. I really hope I'm wrong, but I can see the " report" that is coming will just be all smoke and mirrors.

jack D and coke

They hate the BBC, the NHS, no respect for the queen, took the piss out us all during the pandemic, disrespect Scotland or the their Scottish party, didn’t even like the England team during the euros😂, brexit lies etc etc. 

Theres people out there still defending this too it’s mental. 

5 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

They hate the BBC, the NHS, no respect for the queen, took the piss out us all during the pandemic, disrespect Scotland or the their Scottish party, didn’t even like the England team during the euros😂, brexit lies etc etc. 

Theres people out there still defending this too it’s mental. 

Aye but Nippy and the SNP do everything wrong and are power mad! Some absolute roasters on here.

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Aye but Nippy and the SNP do everything wrong and are power mad! Some absolute roasters on here.

It generally doesn’t matter what the thread is about you are guaranteed some roasters will derail it and bring in the SG.

jack D and coke
2 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

It generally doesn’t matter what the thread is about you are guaranteed some roasters will derail it and bring in the SG.

It’s actually funny how people can manage to get the snp or some demented anti indy stance into pretty much anything now. 
Never ceases to amaze and amuse. 

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

It’s actually funny how people can manage to get the snp or some demented anti indy stance into pretty much anything now. 

They’re desperate people.

The Mighty Thor
2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Cultists.

Pure and simple.

1 hour ago, The Mighty Thor said:

😂

I'll see your knighthood and raise you a peerage...

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/nov/25/labour-calls-for-inquiry-into-tory-peer-michelle-mone-over-ppe-contract

58 minutes ago, micole said:

You know the more this shitshow rumbles on the more I think BJ is going to get away with it. I really hope I'm wrong, but I can see the " report" that is coming will just be all smoke and mirrors.

Can well imagine that the report comes back with BJ having 'honestly' thought it a work event and therefore being a misinterpretation of the rules. It's awful how our politics here are aping the US under Trump.

The Mighty Thor
8 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

Can well imagine that the report comes back with BJ having 'honestly' thought it a work event and therefore being a misinterpretation of the rules. It's awful how our politics here are aping the US under Trump.

The Tories are only aping the Bannon/Trump model because it turns out that our gullible feckwits are every bit as stupid and easily manipulated as the American ones. 

I P Knightley

😂

It goes back earlier to the point where he offered him the role as Education Secretary when he'd previously been sacked as Defence Secretary for (calling it generously) incompetence. The man should never have been near another ministerial role but would have been a useful puppet for Johnson except that he was so very incompetent, he wasn't any use at all.

The rest of the cabinet were more than happy to have him around so they could point at him and say, at least I'm not as bad as him!

Adam_the_legend
1 hour ago, Roxy Hearts said:

1 hour ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

1 hour ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

They’re desperate people.

Cultists.

Pure and simple.

This is hilarious. Poster inserts SNP comment into thread about Tories, and without a hint of irony you jump on people bringing SNP unnecessarily into threads. 

:cornette:

21 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

This is hilarious. Poster inserts SNP comment into thread about Tories, and without a hint of irony you jump on people bringing SNP unnecessarily into threads. 

I know . :) lack of self awareness it seems 

1 hour ago, Adam_the_legend said:

A poster mentioned Swinney and he's SNP on Tory thread! As JDC says and it's true that the SNP are brought into a lot of threads. Can't help themselves. 

joondalupjambo
2 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

4.3 billion

:wow: 

But, but wee Rushi was our saviour.  Surely they could not have lost that sum with his heroic political measures.  Nah don't believe it, must be some wee red hacking the news paper and editing falsehoods.

54 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

But, but wee Rushi was our saviour.  Surely they could not have lost that sum with his heroic political measures.  Nah don't believe it, must be some wee red hacking the news paper and editing falsehoods.

Tbf I do have some sympathy for the government here, because a lot of it was scammed by professional scammers & organised crime, who basically just stole the money, much of it eventually going abroad.  Of course the taxpayer will have to foot the bill.

The Real Maroonblood
3 hours ago, Adam_the_legend said:

:symf:

Treasury borrows to the hilt to pay for pandemic furlough.

Taxes at highest post-war level.

£4.3billion in fraudulently claimed furlough will never be recovered.

The party of fiscal responsibility, dontcha know?!

joondalupjambo
8 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Tbf I do have some sympathy for the government here, because a lot of it was scammed by professional scammers & organised crime, who basically just stole the money, much of it eventually going abroad.  Of course the taxpayer will have to foot the bill

Absolutely but a close look at how it was all handled left the way they did the support wide open.  Remember at the time folk said this would happen.  And of course millions who needed help never got it.  The Tory lie here was we have helped everyone.  As you say though scammers just jumped right in and helped themselves.

2 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

Absolutely but a close look at how it was all handled left the way they did the support wide open.  Remember at the time folk said this would happen.  And of course millions who needed help never got it.  The Tory lie here was we have helped everyone.  As you say though scammers just jumped right in and helped themselves.

Sure there should have been better checks on who was claiming, it was always likely that criminals would see the chance of easy money, I doubt there was ever going to be a perfect system though.

The Mighty Thor

Cum Dawg updates his blog claiming that spaffer lied to Parliament over the drinks party as he knew about it and the email invite 😂😂

Edited by The Mighty Thor