More Tory lies

aussieh

Governor Tarkin
8 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

You move in strange cicrles. 

Not really. We all do what we can to get a foot up in life. It's only a question of scale.

• Replies 27.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Mighty Thor

• Victorian

• JudyJudyJudy

• Cade

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Mighty Thor
9 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Not really. We all do what we can to get a foot up in life. It's only a question of scale.

I never had you pegged as one of thatchers children.

:interehjrling:

I've seen how that story ends. You never make the pot of gold at the end. That kind of money you're only ever born into. 

Governor Tarkin
39 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I never had you pegged as one of thatchers children.

:interehjrling:

I've seen how that story ends. You never make the pot of gold at the end. That kind of money you're only ever born into. 

We've all got our boot heel on the throat of some hapless sod, TMT, whether we care to admit it or not.

The globalisation of consumer capitalism is a bit like the invention of the rifle in that sense. It removes the requirement to look your victims in the eye as you deliver the coup de grace. 

The Mighty Thor
19 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

We've all got our boot heel on the throat of some hapless sod, TMT, whether we care to admit it or not.

The globalisation of consumer capitalism is a bit like the invention of the rifle in that sense. It removes the requirement to look your victims in the eye as you deliver the coup de grace. 

Aye as my father would say 'there's always some **** worse off than you son'

Consumer capitalism. The repatriation of wealth from the many to the few, with the sweetener of owning pointless shit you neither really need or truly want. 

Climb away 👍

7 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

You're a master of the English language GT 👍. When it's articulated well it makes for good reading but the content might be disagreeable at times. 😁

Governor Tarkin
26 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

the content might be disagreeable at times. 😁

I don't care for it much either, Roxy, but there's a thousand predicaments that we could find ourselves in which I would like even less.

8 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Aye as my father would say 'there's always some **** worse off than you son'

A Boy Named Crow
55 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

And in other news; 

For anyone that still doesn't think the Labour Party is finished

😂

While I don't doubt Labour are currently an absolute disaster of a party... do we have any sources for this story that aren't the Mail On Sunday?

I know this is about Tory lies but here's the latest hot take from the "brains" behind brexit, Dominic Cummings -

This sums up a lot of the motivation for why the key players in Vote Leave did it in 2016 & why we think covid showed we were right. Brexit might not work but it's worth at least trying to get a serious gvt rather than just slide over the brink with the rest of the mugs twitter.com/ESYudkowsky/st…

jack D and coke
16 minutes ago, HartleyLegend3 said:

I've said it before, the tory lies thread should be merged with the brexit thread. 

His stammering and stuttering is really starting to get on my jimmys. 
The guy is a ****ing arsehole. 
Imagine voting for that😕

4 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Imagine voting for that😕

Jesus Jack he went to Eton. These people are above us and know what they’re doing. Born to rule. 

:rofl: 

jack D and coke
Just now, Des Lynam said:

Jesus Jack he went to Eton. These people are above us and know what they’re doing. Born to rule. 

:rofl: 

These people are a “higher power” I suppose eh 😂🤮

HartleyLegend3
3 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Imagine voting for that😕

Check this out. Given government figures. His own figures. He rubbished them and have a zero fact bullcrap about wage rises across the board. 

3 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

These people are a “higher power” I suppose eh 😂🤮

I see what/who you did there 😁😁

4 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Imagine voting for that😕

If you compare him with his brother & sister you see he has nothing in common with them. Then compare his mannerisms & speech whith Johnson snr : he imitates his dad in every way, right down to the pompous use of Latin and his philandering. 

Savage Vince
5 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Imagine voting for that😕

Boris Johnson is exactly the kind of prime minister that Britain deserves. A laughing stock of a country with an utter clown in charge. 

SwindonJambo
On 01/10/2021 at 07:29, Governor Tarkin said:

Brilliantly put sir. Never a truer word said👏.  People don’t make the connection between investment returns/cheap goods and services and the individual poor sods they’ll never see or meet suffering misery or worse at the other end of the chain. 

A Boy Named Crow
6 hours ago, Savage Vince said:

Boris Johnson is exactly the kind of prime minister that Britain deserves. A laughing stock of a country with an utter clown in charge. 

I'm on the outside looking in,  this ^ is absolutely spot on. It's a broken little country. 

Edited by A Boy Named Crow

18 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

He is the highest paid clown in the country.  Maybe that's why there was an article in the news lastt week on the shortage of them in wales.  All getting into politics.

Someone on tv rightly said this morning thsy he is happy to be the end of pier comic but doesn't like getting questioned on the details. 

The sad thing is that he will probably get voted back in as it doesn't seem to matter what shite he comes out with.

I hate modern politicians. 

Edited by Auldbenches

1 hour ago, Auldbenches said:

He is the highest paid clown in the country.  Maybe that's why there was an article in the news lastt week on the shortage of them in wales.  All getting into politics.

Someone on tv rightly said this morning thsy he is happy to be the end of pier comic but doesn't like getting questioned on the details. 

The sad thing is that he will probably get voted back in as it doesn't seem to matter what shite he comes out with.

I hate modern politicians. 

Was there ever a time they cared about the public & were trustworthy?

But you are right, that BoJo will be PM for as long as the Tory party wants him to be, unless labour get's their arse in gear, but that doesn't look like anytime soon.

Just now, Jambo-Jimbo said:

But you are right, that BoJo will be PM for as long as the Tory party wants him to be, unless labour get's their arse in gear, but that doesn't look like anytime soon.

I think Starmer has a better chance than Corbyn as he wouldn't get outwitted with the cultivated anti semitic stuff.  He would deal with any signs if it rather than just go with just the  'we aren't a racist party line's that helped fuel something that wasn't really there.

Sadly I think England had become too tory for them to be dislodged  

Even places like Sunderland etc are voting for them.  With the labour vote now gone in Scotland, it's more tory governments than we have ever had fir the near future. 

Scary stuff 

I said modem politicians but when have they ever really been in it for us?  Even some snp politicians are in it for themselves but wise Scottish voters know we are only using them and they can piss off as well as soon as we cross the line .

We need a new modern system of politics.  We need a series style referendum system to get rid of the politics of blame and have us have a say in the big decisions.

Parties will never advocate that as the gravy train and power also stops.  

21st century and nothing has really changed. 

The Mighty Thor
18 minutes ago, Cade said:

The UK public was given a chance to move away from first-past-the-post in 2011.

It soundly rejected it.

And here we are.

The UK publics track record is pretty abysmal TBF

The Mighty Thor

According to itchy bawsack the UK will be the most exciting place on the planet!

Yip. The dystopian 'Mad Max' battles for food and fuel will certainly keep it interesting.

38 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

According to itchy bawsack the UK will be the most exciting place on the planet!

Yip. The dystopian 'Mad Max' battles for food and fuel will certainly keep it interesting.

Citizens minds will be deflected by the Ministry of Truth as we launch our own space rockets. 

"Rockets for rockets".... might suggest it to Clownshoes. 

2 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Boris and Tories still polling well though too - many years in power to come it seems 

Rejoice, rejoice!  

Been on the news that a delegate at their conference had been thrown out and suspended from the party for attacking a woman.

WorldChampions1902
4 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Labour seem to be fixated on winning back the Red Wall voters at the expense of p*****g off millions of Re-Joiner Labour-minded voters. The latter massively outnumbers the former. The outcome is depressingly predictable. Let’s hope Gina Miller’s fledgling party gathers momentum.

24 minutes ago, jamboy1982 said:

Amazing that there’s people on here that are arguing against fact the tories tell lies!!

Also critical of the SNP for bringing the army in to drive ambulances but it's ok for the Tories to bring them in to deliver fuel down south. 

Hope thet are as seething about this as they were about that...

28 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

Also critical of the SNP for bringing the army in to drive ambulances but it's ok for the Tories to bring them in to deliver fuel down south. 

Hope thet are as seething about this as they were about that...

The same people are strangely quiet on that one! I’m convinced that the usual suspects are just on the wind up. They can’t genuinely believe what they are writing.

8 minutes ago, jamboy1982 said:

The same people are strangely quiet on that one! I’m convinced that the usual suspects are just on the wind up. They can’t genuinely believe what they are writing.

Just as parochial as everyone else when it comes to party politics. 

Just wanted to point out their double standards on this thread like they do on the other...

Be good to hear a tory explain how it acceptable for them to use the army but not the snp.  

Do you think we'll hear from them..?

Nucky Thompson
34 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

Just as parochial as everyone else when it comes to party politics. 

Just wanted to point out their double standards on this thread like they do on the other...

Be good to hear a tory explain how it acceptable for them to use the army but not the snp.  

Do you think we'll hear from them..?

I wouldn't class myself as a Tory, just anything but the SNP.

But I think it's acceptable for any government in the UK to use the British army if needed

10 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

But I think it's acceptable for any government in the UK to use the British army if needed

Do you have a view on why when the snp use the army is reported as a bad thing, but not when the uk government do 

Nucky Thompson
2 minutes ago, jamboy1982 said:

Do you have a view on why when the snp use the army is reported as a bad thing, but not when the uk government do 

Where was it reported as a bad thing?

If there's a shortage of ambulance drivers, using the Army to help out is surely a good thing

Unknown user
25 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

In the last 5 elections, how many times have you voted against the Tories?

Nucky Thompson
7 minutes ago, Smithee said:

In the last 5 elections, how many times have you voted against the Tories?

4 times.

I've only ever voted for them once in my life and that was at the last GE and only because the Lib Dems pissed me off.

I knew it was a wasted vote, but it made me feel better

Unknown user
Just now, Nucky Thompson said:

4 times.

I've only ever voted for them once in my life and that was at the last GE and only because the Lib Dems pissed me off.

Fair enough, I'd rather apply my dad's Preparation H myself

1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

4 times.

That's like shitting your hotel bed in protest of poor service, only to realise that you now need to sleep in a shitted bed.

- Stewart Lee

2 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I agree that needs must and if using the army in a domestic is needed in a crisis then so be it.  Though both crisis might be down to both governments. 

Just seems those criticising the use of the army up here aren't as critical of the Tories using them  

Edited by Auldbenches