More Tory lies

aussieh

48 minutes ago, pablo said:

You think a Stewart appointment would have the same mileage as a Johnson one for the SNP? :notsure:

Maybe not AS MUCH but when youre asking which one of them in the leadership contest is the biggest self interested arsehole how do you decide? Which one smells worst?

The ultimate destination is the same. The country is and will continue to be a shit show as long as this mob are running it. 

There is no positive spin for them. The writing is on the wall for the union. 

• Replies 26.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Mighty Thor

• Victorian

• JudyJudyJudy

• Cade

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Maybe not AS MUCH but when youre asking which one of them in the leadership contest is the biggest self interested arsehole how do you decide? Which one smells worst?

The ultimate destination is the same. The country is and will continue to be a shit show as long as this mob are running it. 

There is no positive spin for them. The writing is on the wall for the union. 

Let's wait and see what happens. Personally, I'm confident that the Union will survive another 300 years.

Stewart seems alright to me tbh. The Tories have done this before, haven't they. Went for Cameron instead of some old fart, and won a lot of new support  and subsequent elections.

Could be history repeating itself with Stewart and Johnson.

1 minute ago, pablo said:

Let's wait and see what happens. Personally, I'm confident that the Union will survive another 300 years.

Stewart seems alright to me tbh. The Tories have done this before, haven't they. Went for Cameron instead of some old fart, and won a lot of new support  and subsequent elections.

No they have not. Brexit is the most embarrassing thing to EVER happen to the UK since the union was lied into existence and it sits squarely at the feet of the tory party. 

There is no positive spin for you on this!

Its fecked & you know it!

maroonlegions
2 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

No they have not. Brexit is the most embarrassing thing to EVER happen to the UK since the union was lied into existence and it sits squarely at the feet of the tory party. 

Never the Tories fault is what the Tories cry all the time they are pulled up, for THEIR feck ups cowards the lot of them.

Edited by maroonlegions

AlphonseCapone
12 minutes ago, pablo said:

:laugh: calm down man. 

19 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

If it is so "fecked" where is the SNP? Where is the clarion call? The campaign? The dramatic shift to Yes in the polls?

Rumours abound to divisions within the SNP and of calls to remove Sturgeon.

Just now, JamboX2 said:

If it is so "fecked" where is the SNP? Where is the clarion call? The campaign? The dramatic shift to Yes in the polls?

Dunno. 

Best guess...biding their time waiting for the shit show to play out. Lets face it, it’s a decent play given the ammunition Westminster are supplying to the indy movement. 

Is it rumours like the Charlie Adam rumour? We getting a link or some such to these rumours or is it something you started?

1 hour ago, maroonlegions said:

Your opinion does not matter in the LONG term historic austerity cuts your party of gangsters  has  aflicked on those most vulnerable  that social  care services  was set up to help ,your post is a very cheap cop out. Never the Tories fault, never taking the blame and always have cheap easy cop outs at hand.

I'm no Tory. I've family who have suffered a lot from this Tory government. So don't presume to tell me what I do and do not think.

1 hour ago, maroonlegions said:

Nothing to do with an election campaign, my post was attacking the sheer bare faced cheek of that Tory  debate promising help to  tackle social care , the social care that THEIR party was DIRECTLY responsible for by their austerity  policies but you knew that anyway.   

Again, you're pissing into a hurricane. Consecutive governments in the UK and Scotland, Wales and NI have not given due attention and money to social care. Or education for that. Or to local government which largely funds and runs social care. This is a failing of the Tories and the SNP as the two incumbent governments.

Do not think that in some way I think things are rosey. They are not. All I have said is that I think Rory Stewart is the best option for PM out of that lot. That is all. That does not mean I think they are worthy of governing or doing a good job.

AlphonseCapone
9 minutes ago, JamboX2 said:

You're obsessed with the SNP. A Labour supporter on a Tories thread, bringing up the SNP. 

3 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Dunno. 

Best guess...biding their time waiting for the shit show to play out. Lets face it, it’s a decent play given the ammunition Westminster are supplying to the indy movement. 

It won't get any worse will it? No deal won't happen. So we'll get some deal or a referendum or an election and soft departure. If this decline is reversed and the worst avoided they'll have missed their best chance.

Frankly they're not ready for any of it. It's a safe game. They know they can whip up support and keep the troops on their toes, not thinking about what the plan is. 

3 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Is it rumours like the Charlie Adam rumour? We getting a link or some such to these rumours or is it something you started?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.ft.com/content/cb7e9886-18d4-11e9-9e64-d150b3105d21

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/politics/scottish-politics/811415/nicola-sturgeon-preparing-indyref2-timetable-amid-snp-division-on-timing/amp/

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwirk8q8sPHiAhXFAWMBHWE-DAwQzPwBegQIARAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bbc.com%2Fnews%2Fuk-scotland-scotland-politics-48295427&psig=AOvVaw0VV3mNtp0Htl1x6ffCNwY2&ust=1560890527322374

https://www.scotsman.com/news/opinion/columnists/joanna-cherry-row-a-tremor-before-earthquake-hits-snp-paris-gourtsoyannis-1-4928895

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/4190363/nicola-sturgeon-job-united-nations-cv-denies-claims/amp/

All stories about divisions over her strategy on Salmond and independence, supposed leadership plots from Cherry and over her own future.

16 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

You're obsessed with the SNP. A Labour supporter on a Tories thread, bringing up the SNP. 

Was making the point - cackhandedly - that Stewart is less of a gift than Boris Johnson. Not just on Yes/No but for all opposition parties.

Plus I was responding to a post which brought it in that debate. Ball not man.

Edited by JamboX2

6 minutes ago, JamboX2 said:

It won't get any worse will it? No deal won't happen. So we'll get some deal or a referendum or an election and soft departure. If this decline is reversed and the worst avoided they'll have missed their best chance.

Frankly they're not ready for any of it. It's a safe game. They know they can whip up support and keep the troops on their toes, not thinking about what the plan is. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.ft.com/content/cb7e9886-18d4-11e9-9e64-d150b3105d21

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/politics/scottish-politics/811415/nicola-sturgeon-preparing-indyref2-timetable-amid-snp-division-on-timing/amp/

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwirk8q8sPHiAhXFAWMBHWE-DAwQzPwBegQIARAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bbc.com%2Fnews%2Fuk-scotland-scotland-politics-48295427&psig=AOvVaw0VV3mNtp0Htl1x6ffCNwY2&ust=1560890527322374

https://www.scotsman.com/news/opinion/columnists/joanna-cherry-row-a-tremor-before-earthquake-hits-snp-paris-gourtsoyannis-1-4928895

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/4190363/nicola-sturgeon-job-united-nations-cv-denies-claims/amp/

All stories about divisions over her strategy on Salmond and independence, supposed leadership plots from Cherry and over her own future.

First link doesnt work for me. The rest is a debate about the timing of the Indy Ref2 date and a disagreement on sexual identity. I didnt read anything about Sturgeon being removed. 

Cherry pist off about the treatment of her pal. 

I fell out with the wife last week. 

The country is in meltdown and you think Cherry is the key to stopping Indyref2 ???

Have you heard the noise coming out of Westminster the last 2 years???

coconut doug
39 minutes ago, JamboX2 said:

I'm no Tory. I've family who have suffered a lot from this Tory government. So don't presume to tell me what I do and do not think.

I don’t think he is presuming anything. Perhaps you should read your own posts. In response to this glowing testimonial for Stewart

On the radio he sounds really intelligent and switched on.

Willing to listen and measured.

A statesman, which is more than I can say for any of his rivals in either his own party or the opposition.

I would hold hope that he could negotiate with Europe.

You said

My thoughts exactly!

1 hour ago, coconut doug said:

I don’t think he is presuming anything. Perhaps you should read your own posts. In response to this glowing testimonial for Stewart

A statesman, which is more than I can say for any of his rivals in either his own party or the opposition.

You said

My thoughts exactly!

At what point have I said I agree with his views?

All I've said is he's the best candidate out of a group of Tory MPs. Doesn't mean I want or support a Tory government.

I think Sturgeon is exceptionally able as a political leader. I don't vote SNP. I usually vote Labour and think Corbyn is not a good leader.

A person can admire someone's qualities and not agree with their politics. 

7 hours ago, JamboX2 said:

Was making the point - cackhandedly - that Stewart is less of a gift than Boris Johnson. Not just on Yes/No but for all opposition parties.

Plus I was responding to a post which brought it in that debate. Ball not man.

No X2, you're fooling no-one, anymore.

coconut doug
10 hours ago, JamboX2 said:

At what point have I said I agree with his views?

I don't think anybody accused you of agreeing with his views.

All I've said is he's the best candidate out of a group of Tory MPs. Doesn't mean I want or support a Tory government.

This is not an accolade. Being the best candidate among the Tory leadership contenders still leaves a huge amount of room for that person to be thoroughly reprehensible.

I think Sturgeon is exceptionally able as a political leader. I don't vote SNP. I usually vote Labour and think Corbyn is not a good leader.

Nicola has many qualities but some question the role leadership plays in the SNP. The role and character of the leader is particularly relevant in the Tory leadership contest where the front runner is seen as being lazy, uncaring, dishonest and unprincipled by many of those in his own party. Personal qualities don't seem to be important though where Tory voters are concerned if the polls are to be believed.

Corbyn might not be a great leader by the standards construed by our media but he actually is principled by comparison at least. He has had to endure the most vile and disingenuous personal attacks but has stuck to his principles. He has no track record of warmongering and depriving disabled people and others of benefits. Corbyn did not support the war in Syria and certainly did not advocate the summary execution of USA/UK opponents as Stewart did. Corbyn is a concilliator and that is not a quality valued by many in our society.

Stewart's ideas of leadership seem to be that he projects his beliefs on to others and on to the whole country if he becomes PM. There seems little recognition of the of the wishes of the other 70 million people. His voting record shows that he speaks for a narrow demographic of narrow minded people. 

A person can admire someone's qualities and not agree with their politics. 

I can admire the zeal of the Jehova's witness at my door and the bonhomie of the double glazing salesman but they should fool nobody and neither should Stewart. He is a Tory with a monumental sense of entitlement and microscopic levels of empathy for the less fortunate, his voting record proves it. The idea that he is a listener and switched on is difficult to accept in relation to his views on Indy. He thinks it's a Scotland versus England thing or at least is prepared to present Indy in that way to his Tory Party electorate. He has a Ted talk on democracy yet would deny a 2nd Indy vote. 

doctor jambo
12 hours ago, coconut doug said:

You said

My thoughts exactly!

It was an observation.

I found the way he carried himself most impressive.

Dignified and measured.

He has a significant history ( pre politics) of serving the country in many capacities and also charity work.

I, for one, am not in the habit of merely screeching "Tory BAD" or "Labour BAD"- that is buffoonery.

All parties have some good and some bad.

Political myopia is not very useful.

Stewart is interesting, and, well, not your typical Tory welt.

Like it or not he is OUR best chance of a reasonable Brexit- because it is going to be a Tory who takes us through this- you'd better pray its him

24 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Like it or not he is OUR best chance of a reasonable Brexit- because it is going to be a Tory who takes us through this- you'd better pray its him

is it though?  Parliament would seem to be the key, no?

doctor jambo
11 minutes ago, Boris said:

is it though?  Parliament would seem to be the key, no?

Parliament needs someone to lead.

Thus far our MP's have failed to reach a consensus on any "deal"

They are utterly paralysed with indecision.

They are putting party before country.

We need someone to build consensus- may could not do this, Corbyn cannot either, Boris wont.

Perhaps Stewart can?

2 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Parliament needs someone to lead.

Thus far our MP's have failed to reach a consensus on any "deal"

They are utterly paralysed with indecision.

They are putting party before country.

We need someone to build consensus- may could not do this, Corbyn cannot either, Boris wont.

Perhaps Stewart can?

I very much doubt it to be honest.  He's tilting at windmills if he thinks he can.  IMO.

doctor jambo
3 minutes ago, Boris said:

I very much doubt it to be honest.  He's tilting at windmills if he thinks he can.  IMO.

Solutions?
EITHER Labour or the Conservatives need a leader that the moderates on the other can swing behind.

Bojo and Corbyn are political cyanide.

Corbyn is going nowhere as he cut the balls off his own party.

It only leaves THIS race to find someone suitable.

Having listened to Stewart, I think Starmer and Watson would be closer to him on Europe than Corbyn

8 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Tories hell bent it seems. Up yours Scotland. 

F392D06E-709D-4D94-97B4-0297E42F2BDC.jpeg

I mean, if you are hell bent on indy this is good for you... no? 

Dare say you ask questions 2 to 4, changing UK to Scottish in 2, of SNP members you'd get similar results.

18 minutes ago, Boris said:

I think he is better placed to work with the EU and would likely open up some May red lines to get a deal through.

Boris and Raab are unpredictable.

Hunt, Gove and Javid are each just shades of May.

Spectator is reporting that Boris's camp is telling people to back Hunt to kill off Stewart. Says all you need to know about how much a threat to Boris Stewart is compared to the rest.

Edited by JamboX2

8 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Solutions?
EITHER Labour or the Conservatives need a leader that the moderates on the other can swing behind.

Having listened to Stewart, I think Starmer and Watson would be closer to him on Europe than Corbyn

So would Stewart risk his party for a conclusion to Brexit, thus precipitating a General Election?

He is on record as saying he would get Farage in on it, and he has his own problems with the ERG.  His Government would last two seconds before it collapsed.

The only way out of this, as far as I can see, is either a general election OR a second referendum.  Parliamentary arithmetic makes it nigh on possible to get any deal through.

2 minutes ago, JamboX2 said:

I think he is better placed to work with the EU and would likely open up some red lines to get a deal through.

So the EU are happy to renegotiate?  Irish border?  I suspect Msr. Macron may give that a resounding "Non".

But let's say Stewart could broker a deal, would Parliament go for it?  ERG & DUP support?  If that isn't there, don't expect Labour to back it (unless second referendum on the table?) as it is more liable to precipitate a general election - which is what Corbyn is holding out for imo.

2 minutes ago, Boris said:

So the EU are happy to renegotiate?  Irish border?  I suspect Msr. Macron may give that a resounding "Non".

They've said they are open if red lines are made flexible.

www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-deal-theresa-may-eu-negotiations-trade-michel-barnier-vote-commons-defeat-a8730116.html%3Famp&ved=2ahUKEwi2uu_89PLiAhWeSEEAHXhYBXUQFjAMegQIChAB&usg=AOvVaw1v9YxwgA6EizilF7RySaJ3&ampcf=1

2 minutes ago, Boris said:

But let's say Stewart could broker a deal, would Parliament go for it?  ERG & DUP support?  If that isn't there, don't expect Labour to back it (unless second referendum on the table?) as it is more liable to precipitate a general election - which is what Corbyn is holding out for imo.

Say he gets something the SNP, Labour moderates and Liberals could back. Or could get official Labour backing, then perhaps. If not, then a referendum.

All of this stuff is out of the box because it's all unprecedented. Portillo was saying Boris has considered an NI only referendum on the back stop to get a deal through. Nothing should surprise any of us as to what is and is not possible here.

Do you think Corbyn will win a general election? I don't as I think his city based, young remain support is likely going to the LibDems due to his European stance. So if he loses that support he won't win and you'll get a Tory government returned.

4 minutes ago, JamboX2 said:

Six months old, but from that article:

Mr Barnier suggested that there could be no renegotiation of the actual withdrawal agreement, however – which contains the controversial “backstop” hated by so many Tory MEPs and Ms May’s allies in the DUP.

4 minutes ago, JamboX2 said:

Say he gets something the SNP, Labour moderates and Liberals could back. Or could get official Labour backing, then perhaps. If not, then a referendum.

All of this stuff is out of the box because it's all unprecedented. Portillo was saying Boris has considered an NI only referendum on the back stop to get a deal through. Nothing should surprise any of us as to what is and is not possible here.

Do you think Corbyn will win a general election? I don't as I think his city based, young remain support is likely going to the LibDems due to his European stance. So if he loses that support he won't win and you'll get a Tory government returned.

I doubt the SNP would back it, or the Lib Dems unless a second referendum was on the table.

Corbyn could win a GE, but I doubt he would.  I also doubt the Tories would either, depends on the Brexit Party and what impact they have, along with the Lib Dems and if they would do the same to Labour - which ironically casts Labour as a remain party, yet its leadership doesn't seem to recognise this.

Interesting re Johnson's plan for an NI only referendum.   Obviously the DUP would automatically reject the idea as they don't want to be treated any differently from the rest of the UK! 

coconut doug
1 hour ago, doctor jambo said:

It was an observation.

I found the way he carried himself most impressive.

Dignified and measured.

He has a significant history ( pre politics) of serving the country in many capacities and also charity work.

I, for one, am not in the habit of merely screeching "Tory BAD" or "Labour BAD"- that is buffoonery.

All parties have some good and some bad.

Political myopia is not very useful.

Stewart is interesting, and, well, not your typical Tory welt.

He is not impressive to me. Your dignified and measured is my condescending and calculating. I don't believe for one second he was serving anybody other than himself. I've rarely seen such a self obsessed politician. It would be nice if many of us could be lauded for our services to country and to charity but for most of us the priority is to survive and pay the bills. What did he actually do in Iraq and Kosovo? Who did he negotiate with and what did he achieve?  

He offers nothing to regular people and his statements show he is even more disconnected from reality than most of his fellow candidates. His policies and voting record show him to be exactly what you claim he is not i.e. a typical Tory welt. His background Eton, Oxford, landed gentry, brought up in the diplomatic service compounds it. He has no idea of how hard it is for some people nowadays to make ends meet and have a decent life and has shown no inclination to either. IMO becoming PM is the next project for him and i don't want a pm on that basis.

Myopia is not usually good but when focus is required it can be useful and the next PM of this country should be subjected to as much scrutiny as possible. Dystopia is what they all offer and suggesting that Stewart has the ability to prevent this is maybe a sign that you are suffering from scotoma. He is a military man, or pretends to be and will most likely, if he gets the chance plunge us into a war with Iran. If he had any genuine regard for this country or its people he would not associate himself with the Conservative Party. He is a supporter of privilege and vested interest, just like the rest of them. He is not the messiah. Being the best in this field of slimy self serving chancers is no accolade at all. 

coconut doug
1 hour ago, doctor jambo said:

Solutions?

Starmer and Watson don't want to leave at all. They want a 2nd referendum and Corbyn is supports this stance as a last resort. Stewart is a leave supporter not because he believes in it but because its best for his party. Country first though, eh?

doctor jambo
11 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

He is not impressive to me. Your dignified and measured is my condescending and calculating. I don't believe for one second he was serving anybody other than himself. I've rarely seen such a self obsessed politician. It would be nice if many of us could be lauded for our services to country and to charity but for most of us the priority is to survive and pay the bills. What did he actually do in Iraq and Kosovo? Who did he negotiate with and what did he achieve?  

He offers nothing to regular people and his statements show he is even more disconnected from reality than most of his fellow candidates. His policies and voting record show him to be exactly what you claim he is not i.e. a typical Tory welt. His background Eton, Oxford, landed gentry, brought up in the diplomatic service compounds it. He has no idea of how hard it is for some people nowadays to make ends meet and have a decent life and has shown no inclination to either. IMO becoming PM is the next project for him and i don't want a pm on that basis.

Myopia is not usually good but when focus is required it can be useful and the next PM of this country should be subjected to as much scrutiny as possible. Dystopia is what they all offer and suggesting that Stewart has the ability to prevent this is maybe a sign that you are suffering from scotoma. He is a military man, or pretends to be and will most likely, if he gets the chance plunge us into a war with Iran. If he had any genuine regard for this country or its people he would not associate himself with the Conservative Party. He is a supporter of privilege and vested interest, just like the rest of them. He is not the messiah. Being the best in this field of slimy self serving chancers is no accolade at all. 

If you think a person can spend years working for a charity, and rebuild parts of Kabul etc (instead of sitting on a yacht in the med), and visit many poor countries on foot (not in luxe hotels when he could have done) and NOT taken something from this..... then you clearly think he is a sociopath.

Though I suspect (only suspect mind) that you may be one of the left who only suspect the wealthy of doing good deeds as self promotion/ aggrandisement ("white saviour").... and that only the poor can be selfless.

Which is a horrible degree of cynicism and, well, bigotry.

yes, he was born rich, educated well.

but perhaps he wants to help?

coconut doug
1 minute ago, doctor jambo said:

If you think a person can spend years working for a charity, and rebuild parts of Kabul etc (instead of sitting on a yacht in the med), and visit many poor countries on foot (not in luxe hotels when he could have done) and NOT taken something from this..... then you clearly think he is a sociopath.

Though I suspect (only suspect mind) that you may be one of the left who only suspect the wealthy of doing good deeds as self promotion/ aggrandisement ("white saviour").... and that only the poor can be selfless.

Which is a horrible degree of cynicism and, well, bigotry.

yes, he was born rich, educated well.

but perhaps he wants to help?

If he wants to help, he needs to find a better way of doing than protecting the interests of the Conservative party. I do have cynical views of the rich and self promotion is one of the motivators in situations like this, without a doubt. Look at the scandals engulfing our charities nowadays. Huge salaries, sex and child abuse as well as actions not consistent with their brief.

Self promotion doesn't make you a sociopath necessarily and he may well feel he has contributed something which may in turn contribute to his enormous self confidence. He seems to want to press his values onto everybody else and i don't like them.

Con%20party%20members%20Brexit%20sacrifices-01.jpg

Hiya Scotland, 

Go **** yourself.

The Conservative Party

I wonder how Davidson and Mundell will try to spin this one? 

Also, I would imagine this poll should be on Reporting Scotland tonight at the tea time news.  I wonder...

Edited by Boris

doctor jambo
3 minutes ago, Boris said:

Hiya Scotland, 

Go **** yourself.

The Conservative Party

Also, I would imagine this poll should be on Reporting Scotland tonight at the tea time news.  I wonder...

I hope whichever nursing home allowed its residents to complete the poll have complied with data protection

8 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

I hope whichever nursing home allowed its residents to complete the poll have complied with data protection

Image result for francois MP self

doctor jambo
4 minutes ago, Boris said:

Image result for francois MP self

Here's the thing.

The Boris acolytes are desperately trying to stop Stewart- not stop Hunt or Gove or Javiid- only Stewart.

That means the rest of us should be desperately hoping he wins- because the rest of them are utter *****

3 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Here's the thing.

The Boris acolytes are desperately trying to stop Stewart- not stop Hunt or Gove or Javiid- only Stewart.

That means the rest of us should be desperately hoping he wins- because the rest of them are utter *****

Judging by his voting record, so is Rory!

doctor jambo
10 minutes ago, Boris said:

Its all relative.

In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king

30 minutes ago, Boris said:

Government minister votes for government policies shocker.

Unlike some he met the constitutional requirement to abide by cabinet responsibility.

59 minutes ago, Boris said:

Hiya Scotland, 

Go **** yourself.

The Conservative Party

You're being very cynical Boris. If you still hold true to the want to have independence then this is music to your ears surely? 

Just now, JamboX2 said:

Government minister votes for government policies shocker.

Unlike some he met the constitutional requirement to abide by cabinet responsibility.

So he agrees with it then.  Glad we agree on that!

2 hours ago, coconut doug said:

Starmer and Watson don't want to leave at all. They want a 2nd referendum and Corbyn is supports this stance as a last resort. Stewart is a leave supporter not because he believes in it but because its best for his party. Country first though, eh?

No. Because people voted for it. There is intellectual honesty in that position.

Much like there is intellectual honesty in the Starmer and Watson position.

Unlike Corbyn who has put governing above the need to consider what is best for the nation.

Edited by JamboX2

Just now, JamboX2 said:

You're being very cynical Boris. If you still hold true to the want to have independence then this is music to your ears surely? 

It is indeed.  However it also shows the Tory Party up for what it actually is and the mindset of its followers.

Anything that Davidson comes out with now regards the Union is quite obviously a nonsense.  Whether she believes it or not, her party certainly doesn't.

Tbf, it's probably the most truthful thing to come out of the Tory Party in years!

1 minute ago, Boris said:

So he agrees with it then.  Glad we agree on that!

Not all government ministers agree with government policy Boris. You're a reader of history. You know this to be true. The key to all this is cabinet government debates and discusses what government will do to govern. If you lose that battle you go on as minister unless you resign. Government would he more of a merry-go-round without it.

2 minutes ago, JamboX2 said:

Not all government ministers agree with government policy Boris. You're a reader of history. You know this to be true. The key to all this is cabinet government debates and discusses what government will do to govern. If you lose that battle you go on as minister unless you resign. Government would he more of a merry-go-round without it.

C'mon, let's face it, most of what the Tory party have put through is standard Tory stuff.  It's not like wee Rory is some sort of dissident!

It is indeed.  However it also shows the Tory Party up for what it actually is and the mindset of its followers.

Or those who were polled.

You could ask those questions of any SNP party member and grt a similar spread on independence. 

Anything that Davidson comes out with now regards the Union is quite obviously a nonsense.  Whether she believes it or not, her party certainly doesn't.

Scottish Tories want to end the Union? The people polled do. But in all I think the poll shows how the narrowness of nationalism can cloud judgement.

Tbf, it's probably the most truthful thing to come out of the Tory Party in years!

Ha. I think you need to chill out. I'm no apologist for them but some of the stuff on here is madness. If we want a better political culture the hate has to go. It really pisses me off that cross party working doesn't exist here in the UK or Scotland. Look at Germany, Holland, France, Belgium, Sweden, Spain etc all have histories of left-right working in the common betterment of their countries producing long term policies which have shaped a consensus for years. 

Here you applaud anyone outwith your section and you're the enemy within.