aussieh

More Tory lies

The Mighty Thor
9 minutes ago, Victorian said:

It's just another chapter in the book of disrepute this government is writing.    Ministers so accustomed to being free to leak and brief against collective responsibility that they've completely lost the plot.      This is not a government.      It's a dog-eat-dog, dystopian,   post apocalyptic horror movie.

We've not even reached dystopia yet.

There is much to come from these charlatans. 

AlimOzturk

Something fishy. Why is Williamson so eager for a police investigation and the Government aren't?

Are they worried something even more sinister might come to a head?

Dodgey *******s

Smithee
58 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Something fishy. Why is Williamson so eager for a police investigation and the Government aren't?

Dodgey *******s

Makes you wonder doesn't it?

It's very unlikely the police would get involved unbidden, the rules were changed a few years ago and IIRC the prime minister makes the decision on what action is appropriate, whether the police are called in.

The Real Maroonblood
57 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Makes you wonder doesn't it?

It's very unlikely the police would get involved unbidden, the rules were changed a few years ago and IIRC the prime minister makes the decision on what action is appropriate, whether the police are called in.

Is that any crime that is committed the PM decides?

Smithee
2 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Is that any crime that is committed the PM decides?

From what I remember it would need to be pretty obvious with clear evidence, a very winnable case, and a likely bbig sentence for the police to get involved without being asked (happy to be corrected, I'm a bit vague on this one.)

The Real Maroonblood
6 minutes ago, Smithee said:

From what I remember it would need to be pretty obvious with clear evidence, a very winnable case, and a likely bbig sentence for the police to get involved without being asked (happy to be corrected, I'm a bit vague on this one.)

Not doubting you just seems strange.

Smithee
Just now, The Real Maroonblood said:

Not doubting you just seems strange.

I suppose there's two parts to it, there's national secrets and politically sensitive stuff that you can't allow police to just wade into, but also it would prevent the chance of cynically motivated investigation.

The prime minister's meant to be the most responsible person in the country mind!

ri Alban
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Dodgey *******s

The journalists will be in court , no? 

He's saying he didn't, so the only way for him to prove himself, is police/Court action.

All bets are off.

And sometimes we need to know if the government is corrupt.

Edited by ri Alban

jack D and coke

Is this correct??

8716FE2B-6EDD-4B68-A786-1D0C99CFE7DD.jpeg

Cade

Westminster Abbey to hold a "service of thanksgiving" to mark 50 years of the UK having nuclear weapons.

:cornette: :cornette_dog:

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Cade said:

Westminster Abbey to hold a "service of thanksgiving" to mark 50 years of the UK having nuclear weapons.

:cornette: :cornette_dog:

Dearie me.

Jambo-Jimbo

The Met's Assistant Commissioner Neil Basu has said that the Williamson leak 'did not amount to a criminal offence'.

He added that the leak "did not contain information that would breach the Official Secrets Act"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48160004

maroonlegions

Capitalism nailed.

No photo description available.

In essence the fisherman said feck off, i will decide what i do with my life. 

ri Alban
1 hour ago, maroonlegions said:

Capitalism nailed.

No photo description available.

In essence the fisherman said feck off, i will decide what i do with my life. 

Capitalism has to be destroyed. Growth is killing everything!

maroonlegions
Image may contain: 2 people, text

Oh the irony.:gok:

ri Alban

The only irony is that paper is over twa years auld.

Jambo-Jimbo
2 hours ago, maroonlegions said:

I'm afraid that my overriding memories of the 70's are.

Mass Unemployment

Power Cuts

3 Day week

Mass Industrial Action/Strikes

Rubbish piling up on the streets

The dead not getting buried

The Winter of Discontent

So If it's alright by you, I think I'll give all that a miss, been through all that shit once, don't fancy going through it again, no thank you.

Boris
26 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Mass Unemployment

Your mind is playing tricks on you there.

Related image

Power Cuts

3 Day week

A Tory Government if my history is correct?

True, a constant in the 1970's.  Not sure you would have that now though, not least due to current legislation.

The Winter of Discontent

Those two were part of the winter of discontent so not really three individual things, rather what happened during one of them.  Not good things, but it's not like this was happening throughout the 1970's.

So If it's alright by you, I think I'll give all that a miss, been through all that shit once, don't fancy going through it again, no thank you.

Definitely if means what happened next were to happen again!

Jambo-Jimbo
7 minutes ago, Boris said:

The unemploymernt rate in 1978 was between 5%-6%, the first time since the 30's that it had reached that high, remember the poster & slogan 'Labour isn't working' and the long dole queue, now unemployment continued to rise well into the 80's, however it's upward trajectory had started in the late 70's.

Related image

True but I never said who was in charge, nor did the headline say anything either, it was just on about returning back to the 70's.

True, a constant in the 1970's.  Not sure you would have that now though, not least due to current legislation.

Couldn't happen nowadays, too many laws now.

Not saying any of that would happen again, merely saying that these things were what I remember happened.

Boris
19 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

The headline was saying Corbyn would take us back to the 70's, wasn't it?  Just making the point that the 70's weren't down to the Labour Party!

Regards unemployment, it's interesting (by that graph) that it took 30 years to get unemployment back to 1979 levels.

ri Alban
1 hour ago, Boris said:

Related image

Those two were part of the winter of discontent so not really three individual things, rather what happened during one of them.  Not good things, but it's not like this was happening throughout the 1970's.

Fecking Thatcher!

Jambo-Jimbo
1 hour ago, Boris said:

The headline was saying Corbyn would take us back to the 70's, wasn't it?  Just making the point that the 70's weren't down to the Labour Party!

Regards unemployment, it's interesting (by that graph) that it took 30 years to get unemployment back to 1979 levels.

The 70's were a messed up decade irrespective whether it was the Tories or Labour in charge, but I didn't single out any one party for criticism because the 70's for me means the whole of the 70's not just parts but 1970-1979 and all the shit that happened inbetween, so if Corbyn wants to return Britain back to the 70's and for me that means the whole decade, then, like I've said no thank you.

Boris
5 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

The 70's were a messed up decade irrespective whether it was the Tories or Labour in charge, but I didn't single out any one party for criticism because the 70's for me means the whole of the 70's not just parts but 1970-1979 and all the shit that happened inbetween, so if Corbyn wants to return Britain back to the 70's and for me that means the whole decade, then, like I've said no thank you.

Fair enough.  Except he doesn't.

Jambo-Jimbo
Just now, Boris said:

So the headline's a lie, just paper talk, fair enough I can live with that.

Boris
8 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Pretty much I'd say.  I get they don't like him or his policies, but the headline is hyperbolic at best.  IMO, of course! 😁

CJGJ
17 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

The Headline was from the Daily Mail............what part of you thought a headline from that paper could be true..madness

Jambo-Jimbo
14 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

The Headline was from the Daily Mail............what part of you thought a headline from that paper could be true..madness

Surely your not trying to tell me that the Daily Mail is any different or worse than any other newspaper.

Imo it would be utter sheer madness to believe one newspaper over any other newspaper or to slate one over another, because every last one of them has an agenda to propagate, every last one of them tell the odd porky or two from time to time as and when it suits their agenda, so in that aspect the Daily Mail is no different from any of the other newspapers, as they are all as bad as each other, imo of course.

Cade

Probation services to be re-nationalized after Grayling's disastrous privatization

ri Alban
2 hours ago, Cade said:

Probation services to be re-nationalized after Grayling's disastrous privatization

A phone call every six weeks. Scandalous.

Smithee
On 06/05/2019 at 16:39, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Surely your not trying to tell me that the Daily Mail is any different or worse than any other newspaper.

Imo it would be utter sheer madness to believe one newspaper over any other newspaper or to slate one over another, because every last one of them has an agenda to propagate, every last one of them tell the odd porky or two from time to time as and when it suits their agenda, so in that aspect the Daily Mail is no different from any of the other newspapers, as they are all as bad as each other, imo of course.

I don't mind telling you that the daily mail is worse than most in the UK.

Only one title in the UK fell foul of the independent fact checker employed by Microsoft, which gives a warning when you visit sites that can be proven to report lies.

"Proceed with caution: this website generally fails to maintain basic standards of accuracy and accountability"

maroonlegions
Posted (edited)
On 06/05/2019 at 12:42, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Mass Unemployment

Power Cuts

3 Day week

The Winter of Discontent

And you think its better now.Try telling that to the poor and those IN WORK visiting food banks,  what about over worked nurses and doctors, teachers saying school funding is beyond a joke. What  about those who have DIED because of the inhumane Tory welfare reforms that cause people to wait up to FIVE weeks with no money, having  feck all. And the Tory draconian  attacks on those  welfare reforms  aimed at those with physical and mental disabilities. What about rise in homelessness , record numbers, Grenfell residents still not rehomed. Wage rise stagnation for TEN YEARS.  Oh and the Tory calamity that is BREXIT. Could also add in the Tory Austerity  that has NOT helped the poor. NHS is not save in today's Tory hands, just ask Mr Hunt.

So if its alright by you i would love to have your luxury of giving the last ten years of Tory Austerity attacks on the poor i miss.

Edited by maroonlegions

maroonlegions
On 06/05/2019 at 15:28, Boris said:

:thumbsup:

Tories still trying the 70s cop out and blaming everything thing today on Labours past records .:jj_facepalm:

Governor Tarkin
Posted (edited)

And you think its better now.Try telling that to the poor and those IN WORK visiting food banks,  what about over worked nurses and doctors, teachers saying school funding is beyond a joke. What  about those who have DIED because of the inhumane Tory welfare reforms that cause people to wait up to FIVE weeks with no money, having  feck all. And the Tory draconian  attacks on those  welfare reforms  aimed at those with physical and mental disabilities. What about rise in homelessness , record numbers, Grenfell residents still not rehomed. Wage rise stagnation for TEN YEARS.  Oh and the Tory calamity that is BREXIT. Could also add in the Tory Austerity  that has NOT helped the poor. NHS is not save in today's Tory hands, just ask Mr Hunt.

So if its alright by you i would love to have your luxury of giving the last ten years of Tory Austerity attacks on the poor i miss.

I've done rather tidily over the last ten years of Conservative (show some respect and give them their correct name please) austerity.

Looking forward to the next ten TBQFHWY.

Should be lots of home re-possessions going to auction that we can snap up on the cheap and add to our slum landlord portfolio.

Maybe if folk spent less time positong ill informed, poorly copy-and-pasted, lefty memes on the internet and instead knuckled down to the hard work of taking responsibility for their lives, we might realise Thatchers dream of an upwardly mobile, entrepreneurial, working class.

Edited by Governor Tarkin

will-i-am-a-jambo
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I've done rather tidily over the last ten years of Conservative (show some respect and give them their correct name please) austerity.

Looking forward to the next ten TBQFHWY.

Should be lots of home re-possessions going to auction that we can snap up on the cheap and add to our slum landlord portfolio.

Maybe if folk spent less time positong ill informed, poorly copy-and-pasted, lefty memes on the internet and instead knuckled down to the hard work of taking responsibility for their lives, we might realise Thatchers dream of an upwardly mobile, entrepreneurial, working class.

Typical 'I'm alright Jack and [email protected] the rest of you' attitude the Tories promote unless this was meant as a joke?

May god help you if you lose your job through no fault of your own and can't pay the bills.

Edited by will-i-am-a-jambo

Jambo-Jimbo
3 hours ago, Smithee said:

I don't mind telling you that the daily mail is worse than most in the UK.

Only one title in the UK fell foul of the independent fact checker employed by Microsoft, which gives a warning when you visit sites that can be proven to report lies.

"Proceed with caution: this website generally fails to maintain basic standards of accuracy and accountability"

Yeh, remember seeing something about that.

Jambo-Jimbo

And did I say it was better now, no I didn't but you bash on, I'm sure it'll make you feel better having a rant about the Tories, but when it comes to the NHS or Education or welfare reforms, you could look back 20, 30 40 years ago and the same compaints and arguements were being made then as well, there always seems to be a lack of funding in the NHS or Education, hell they were moaning about a lack of funding in the 70's when I was at school, so nothing much changes over the years, same old shit just different people in charge.

Smithee
37 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Yeh, remember seeing something about that.

IIRC they got a 1 star rating, same as the Kremlin controlled RT!

In this day and age we should know all papers have an editorial agenda and all papers report things in a way that suits that agenda, as you say. 

Not all papers are such blatant, repeated, proven liars though.

Jambo-Jimbo
5 minutes ago, Smithee said:

IIRC they got a 1 star rating, same as the Kremlin controlled RT!

In this day and age we should know all papers have an editorial agenda and all papers report things in a way that suits that agenda, as you say. 

Not all papers are such blatant, repeated, proven liars though.

I don't think that In this day and age has much to do with newspapers having an agenda, haven't they been telling lies and manipulating the truth for decades and decades. 

Maybe the Daily Mail is perceived as the worst right now, but I'm pretty sure someone else would have held that mantle in days gone by, in other words they all have done and continue to lie to suit their own agenda.

Governor Tarkin
56 minutes ago, will-i-am-a-jambo said:

May god help you if you lose your job through no fault of your own and can't pay the bills.

The only god I worship is the chap who looks after our investments in the British Virgin Islands. 

Jambo-Jimbo
Just now, Governor Tarkin said:

The only god I worship is the chap who looks after our investments in the British Virgin Islands. 

I know a chap in Nigeria who can get you a much higher return rate, I just need one or two wee details to get you started. 👍

will-i-am-a-jambo
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

As long as you're happy mate and your conscience is clear.

ps let's hope you won't have to dip into your investments if you ever have to. Some people don't have that luxury to fall back on  as they can't afford to put food on the table never mind sticking money aside for a rainy day.

maroonlegions
51 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

And did I say it was better now, no I didn't but you bash on, I'm sure it'll make you feel better having a rant about the Tories, but when it comes to the NHS or Education or welfare reforms, you could look back 20, 30 40 years ago and the same compaints and arguements were being made then as well, there always seems to be a lack of funding in the NHS or Education, hell they were moaning about a lack of funding in the 70's when I was at school, so nothing much changes over the years, same old shit just different people in charge.

Total cop out.

You did by your response make out that its better now, was it not you who listed things that were wrong in the 70s, i responded by reminding you thats its WORSE for MANY people, in work or out of it since the 70s.  Even a  UN investigation regarding poverty in the UK linked it to a direct result of TORY Austerity and welfare policies. Seems you are living in the past.

Flabbergasted that you are trying to compare the NHS in the70s to the present day, nothing changes over the years you say, so the rich have not got richer and the poor not poorer since the 70s. Its not a rant about the Tories is FACTS mate.Facts that 10 years of TORY AUSTERITY and welfare reforms have pushed people into EXTREME poverty  including those in WORK.In fact the % has RISEN since the 70s . 

Governor Tarkin
11 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

I know a chap in Nigeria who can get you a much higher return rate, I just need one or two wee details to get you started. 👍

:interehjrling:

Tell me more... 

maroonlegions
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

:jj_facepalm:

All that is wrong with Tory Britain. 

Tax avoidance by those who should pay it ,to the greedy work shy dole scroungers, perspectives seem redundant there. Who are the true parasites , a  NHS nurse scraping  by or UK tax avoiding  wankers in the Virgin islands, just no morals at all, in fact vile self serving cowards . That is were the REAL money is that should be paying for better schools for kids, better funding for social housing  , police and the NHS, in fact a better life for a lot of kids and low paid workers . Mind you making a joke out of such scant  UK tax avoidance and all its repercussions is never a manly thing to be proud of, would go as far to say that no real man would boast about it either.

Image may contain: 1 person, text
Edited by maroonlegions

Governor Tarkin
19 minutes ago, will-i-am-a-jambo said:

Some people don't have that luxury to fall back on  as they can't afford to put food on the table never mind sticking money aside for a rainy day.

They've nobody but themselves to blame for not better engaging in a life of predatory and exploitative business dealings, nepotism, and tax avoidance.

Governor Tarkin
2 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Vile self serving cowards . 

Wealthy vile self serving cowards, if you don't mind. 

:verysmug:

maroonlegions
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Wealthy vile self serving cowards, if you don't mind. 

:verysmug:

Weirdos more like if you dont mind. Man not.

Image may contain: 1 person

Edited by maroonlegions

John Findlay

So people are poorer. I grew up in Royston/West Pilton 1963-1979. I could play football in the street in those schemes as there was hardly a car on the street. Bairns can't do that nowadays as the streets of these schemes are crammed with cars. Now correct me if I am wrong but these two schemes are not seen as the most prosperous in Edinburgh. If the people are poor. How come the majority that live there have cars?

will-i-am-a-jambo
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

They've nobody but themselves to blame for not better engaging in a life of predatory and exploitative business dealings, nepotism, and tax avoidance.

So let's just throw them on the scrap heap to rot! Maybe some people don't have the same opportunities that others enjoy. Maybe they have a disability that doesnt help them to achieve their aims or are suffering from mental health issues or are completely incapacitated and unable to do so. Maybe they are capable but aren't getting paid correctly or maybe their being exploited? Maybe they don't know how to better themselves and are stuck in positions? That is not entirely their fault is it?

I hope you never find yourself in such a position but just imagine you were? How do you think you would want to be treated? Don't you think you would want be helped by others that show some kind of compassion?

This is a difficult world to live in and would be a hell of lot nicer if people showed kindness and compassion now and again instead of trampling over the weak and vulnerable just to make a few more quid that they don't even need but do so just because they can.

ps l think your actually taking the piss and making a parody?