More Tory lies

aussieh

24 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Scandinavian countries being a notable exception.

No offence like, the Scots have zero in common with the scandi countries.

If you doubled the benefits paid out by the Scottish Government , I'm pretty sure all that would happen is the populace would drink more, smoke more and eat even more than they already do- thus hastening their demise .

The chance of them having an uplift in benefits and buying a bike, or a Jamie Oliver at Sainsburys juicer  is approximately nil

• Replies 27.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Mighty Thor

• Victorian

• JudyJudyJudy

• Cade

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, doctor jambo said:

If you doubled the benefits paid out by the Scottish Government , I'm pretty sure all that would happen is the populace would drink more, smoke more and eat even more than they already do- thus hastening their demise .

The chance of them having an uplift in benefits and buying a bike, or a Jamie Oliver at Sainsburys juicer  is approximately nil

You skip the "bedside manner" course then?

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, doctor jambo said:

That doesn't change the fact that Scandinavian countries have some of the highest living standards AND rates of taxation in the world - which is the opposite of what you were claiming in the post I replied to.

No need for the lazy Jock bashing. It's completely unrelated to either of the points we were making.

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, Pans Jambo said:

You skip the "bedside manner" course then?

Too busy counting his loot that week. ;)

The Mighty Thor
1 hour ago, Victorian said:

Boris Johnson cleared by Tory Party disciplinary hearing over the Burka letterbox comments.    He was... respectful and tolerant.

:omfg:

They probably actually believe that too. 

They probably didn't want to censure him as they might need him again soon.

Edited by The Mighty Thor

On 20/12/2018 at 04:26, ri Alban said:

A Christmas Carol is 175 years old and we still haven't eradicated child poverty. It's actually getting worse under these Tory Muppets.

"Poverty " may be by the current definition but comparisons to Victorian times are ridiculously emotive.

Brighton Jambo
On 20/12/2018 at 11:46, Pans Jambo said:

:lol:

Some crackers in there Doc.

How about this for wealth distribution:

Chairmen, CEO's and top directors of corporations take a 50% pay cut from their millions of pounds per year pay packet and use that to raise the salaries of their lowest paid staff.

They then pay the tax they REALLY should be paying to the treasury. Not the legal tax avoidance nonsense but the REAL tax they should be paying.

The UK government brings into legislation the living wage and increases it every year by inflation and no more zero hours contracts.

Employment should be counted as a minimum of 4 hours paid work per day (not the 1 hour per week pish they currently count).

More people paid more = bigger tax take and more spending.

Fairly sure theres a few more steps that could redistribute the wealth 

Maybe then the government could pay more than the paltry £73K a year you earn and pay you more (I actually believe Doctors/nurses etc should actually be paid more anyway). They could then invest in infrastructure to create more jobs/more wealth/more tax take/less poor.

You mentioned Scottish land, almost 18% (1.5Million Hectares) of land in Scotland is kept in a non-productive state for shooting grouse with only 2640 jobs and an income of around £32M . Sure something better could be done there. 

Forestry, Onshore Wind, Sustainable Tourism, Agriculture, Livestock farming, Fish Farming, Horticulture, Renewable energy (Biomass), Re-population/housing, solar AND Grouse shooting.

Wealth redistribution just needs the will and some thought, doesnt mean turning into Cambodia.

There was a report out this week assessing the impact of a cashless society.  What ir said was that essentially the earnings not declared by small businesses, consultants, the self employed etc is phenomenal. Funny how people don’t ever crusade about that.  The cry is always to targets the CEO and big business and make sure they pay their tax (rightly btw) but never to go after the millions of smaller earners who are also knowingly cheating the system.  It’s all tax income that’s being lost and it’s hypocritical to say the least.  

The CEO will be legally using tax avoidance mechanisms, the painter who does a job cash in hand is knowingly breaking the law by not declaring.  How many CEOs in the uk versus how many tradesman.  I pay my tax so should everyone else irrespective of income 

14 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

There was a report out this week assessing the impact of a cashless society.  What ir said was that essentially the earnings not declared by small businesses, consultants, the self employed etc is phenomenal. Funny how people don’t ever crusade about that.  The cry is always to targets the CEO and big business and make sure they pay their tax (rightly btw) but never to go after the millions of smaller earners who are also knowingly cheating the system.  It’s all tax income that’s being lost and it’s hypocritical to say the least.  

The CEO will be legally using tax avoidance mechanisms, the painter who does a job cash in hand is knowingly breaking the law by not declaring.  How many CEOs in the uk versus how many tradesman.  I pay my tax so should everyone else irrespective of income 

Yes because the self employed painter who takes £900 to do up a bedsit is the problem with the NHS not having enough funding. 

Sorry. Erse!

£Billions (with a big capital “B”) are being evoided from multi national corporations every year. 

I think you are a tory voter in which case you are a lost cause and also slightly less of a human being IMO. 

21 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Awwwww the CEO who makes £100m a year and pays feck all tax from his offshore accounts is being bullied. Why don't you go and bully the wee painter who has to work all hrs and doesn't declare on homers worth £200, cause he cannae pay his bills.

Away and give yersel peace!

...a bit disco
On 20/12/2018 at 07:32, Pans Jambo said:

It is. & the muppets who follow them actually believe theres hardly any unemployment either. 

Paid work for more than 1 hour a week is regarded as “employed”.  1 hour a week! Theres how the figures look so good ( & poverty/foodbank use/homeless/etc is on the rise at the same time). 

Strong and stable though eh?

Pretty sure I read recently that the definition of employed is actually 1 hour every 2 weeks.

It's that or greet.

18 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Pretty sure I read recently that the definition of employed is actually 1 hour every 2 weeks.

It's that or greet.

0 he contracts, so loved but folk, according deeside and some others.

Brighton Jambo
10 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Yes because the self employed painter who takes £900 to do up a bedsit is the problem with the NHS not having enough funding. 

Sorry. Erse!

£Billions (with a big capital “B”) are being evoided from multi national corporations every year. 

I think you are a tory voter in which case you are a lost cause and also slightly less of a human being IMO. 

Slightly less of a human being!  I vote Tory currently, you know why who else would I vote for??  I will never vote SNP, ever, their very essence is to make sure this country isn’t prospering to further their cause ( before anyone challenges me explain why Scotland economy consistently grows slower than rest of UK).  I have and would absolutely again vote labour but not under Corbyn who would do more damage to this country than any conservative government.  Get a more moderate  labour leader and I’m back in the fold.

If you vote for Corbyn or the SNP then I genuinely don’t believe you can have a dig and those the vote conservative in the current political climate.  

Brighton Jambo
4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Awwwww the CEO who makes £100m a year and pays feck all tax from his offshore accounts is being bullied. Why don't you go and bully the wee painter who has to work all hrs and doesn't declare on homers worth £200, cause he cannae pay his bills.

Away and give yersel peace!

Where did I say a CEO was being bullied?  But you have proved my point.  It’s okay for some people to avoid tax but not others.  At the end of the day the compound effect of the number of homers being not declared deprives this country of a huge amount of tax for NHS and education etc.

I get it, I’m being deliberately provocative , I have mates who are in the trade and would never begrudge them a few extra quid.  But at the end of the day they are depriving you and I of tax income for our public services but for the majority of people that seems to be okay.  I work in a job where a company pays me so I can never dodge tax and it irritates me when others do.  A CEO obviously irritates me more but self employed people annoy me too.   Bottom line pay the tax you owe so the rest of us benefit.  

Edited by Brighton Jambo

2 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Slightly less of a human being!  I vote Tory currently, you know why who else would I vote for??  I will never vote SNP, ever, their very essence is to make sure this country isn’t prospering to further their cause ( before anyone challenges me explain why Scotland economy consistently grows slower than rest of UK).  I have and would absolutely again vote labour but not under Corbyn who would do more damage to this country than any conservative government.  Get a more moderate  labour leader and I’m back in the fold.

If you vote for Corbyn or the SNP then I genuinely don’t believe you can have a dig and those the vote conservative in the current political climate.  

Lost cause. 

3 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

:rofl: utter drivel. Scottish people (Only by birth) who vote Tory are unionists, end of.

And you better check your facts.

Edited by ri Alban

Brighton Jambo
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

:rofl: utter drivel. Scottish people (Only by birth) who vote Tory are unionists, end of.

And you better check your facts.

‘Only by birth’ ... says it all.  Everything that’s wrong with nationalism in three words.  

Oh and btw check this out.  From the Financial Times last week, based on Scottish government data.  How’s that for facts??  

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.ft.com/content/ea73b11e-0375-11e9-99df-6183d3002ee1

On 20/12/2018 at 12:09, Governor Tarkin said:

That doesn't change the fact that Scandinavian countries have some of the highest living standards AND rates of taxation in the world - which is the opposite of what you were claiming in the post I replied to.

No need for the lazy Jock bashing. It's completely unrelated to either of the points we were making.

Well said. 

5 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

I vote SNP as no one else to vote for. You can't blame all the ills of the Scottish economy on the SNP. Those fools in Westminster predominantly run the economy and we can't have the Scots doing too well, can't we? 

Cut us loose and let us run everything ourselves. Couldn't do any worse as we'd pick the party that is best aligned to our needs instead of having the next WM party foisted upon us. 

On 20/12/2018 at 11:36, Governor Tarkin said:

Scandinavian countries being a notable exception.

On 20/12/2018 at 12:04, doctor jambo said:

On 20/12/2018 at 12:09, Governor Tarkin said:

In your face Doctor. Well said Gov. Now where's ma painkillers and cider.

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Point scoring over child abuse is pretty low, imo. 

Mine too. You can't get much lower imho. Sympathy to the abused.

6 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

Mine too. You can't get much lower imho. Sympathy to the abused.

Space Mackerel showing his true colours here. 

Most normal adult human beings would be happy to see someone like that brought to justice without feeling the need to point score over it. A quite unpleasant individual. 

7 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Space Mackerel showing his true colours here. 

Most normal adult human beings would be happy to see someone like that brought to justice without feeling the need to point score over it. A quite unpleasant individual. 

Indeed.

Equally should Salmond be found guilty by this investigation one would assume that points will not be scored against his party.

1 minute ago, Boris said:

Indeed.

Equally should Salmond be found guilty by this investigation one would assume that points will not be scored against his party.

:Aye:

2 minutes ago, Boris said:

Indeed.

Agreed. 

The focus should be centred on justice justice being done, not petty political squabbles. But,

sadly, this isn’t how society works now. 

Just now, Phil Dunphy said:

Agreed. 

The focus should be centred on justice justice being done, not petty political squabbles. But,

sadly, this isn’t how society works now. 

:thumb:

Sawdust Caesar
On ‎23‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 08:01, Brighton Jambo said:

Where did I say a CEO was being bullied?  But you have proved my point.  It’s okay for some people to avoid tax but not others.  At the end of the day the compound effect of the number of homers being not declared deprives this country of a huge amount of tax for NHS and education etc.

I get it, I’m being deliberately provocative , I have mates who are in the trade and would never begrudge them a few extra quid.  But at the end of the day they are depriving you and I of tax income for our public services but for the majority of people that seems to be okay.  I work in a job where a company pays me so I can never dodge tax and it irritates me when others do.  A CEO obviously irritates me more but self employed people annoy me too.   Bottom line pay the tax you owe so the rest of us benefit.  

Many years ago I used to work in HMRC's enforcement office and I was given a job of looking at people who had outstanding tax and who hadn't made any effort to pay up and to see if there was any way we could pursue them successfully. I looked at the tax returns of various self-employed people, including taxi drivers. Some of these taxi drivers had declared gross income of around £60,000 (this was 15 years ago) and declared expenses of approx. £53,000 leaving them with taxable income of £7,000. After deducting the tax-free allowances they had a tax bill of approx. £300 which they didn't even bother paying. They were clearly at it as quite a few of them did the same thing, year after year. These guys aren't evading tax to feed their families or heat their homes, far from it.

Most tax evaders don't just over declare a few hundred pounds in expenses or under declare a few hundred pound in income for one year, they tend to do it every year and usually they start to increase the amount in subsequent years when they have got away with it the first time. So I agree with you regarding making everybody pay there way, not just the CEOs of the world.

I don't understand why anyone would be happy with someone who maybe earns 3/4 times more than them but pays a tenth of the tax they pay. It's also not fair on the businesses who do pay the correct amount (or as near as) when somebody else in the same line of business is evading tax because that can mean the honest business is being undercut by the dishonest one. Tax evasion, usually done by small and medium sized business, runs into billions of pounds.

We should be tougher on the avoiders who use illegal avoidance schemes, or ones that are not deemed within the spirit of the law, but also the evaders as well.

maroonlegions
On 21/12/2018 at 21:17, Jlv2004 said:

"Poverty " may be by the current definition but comparisons to Victorian times are ridiculously emotive.

What like no welfare state and no NHS, matter of time these will go if the Tories are re-elected. Dragging the UK back to Victorian similarities one could argue. 

1 hour ago, maroonlegions said:

What like no welfare state and no NHS, matter of time these will go if the Tories are re-elected. Dragging the UK back to Victorian similarities one could argue. 

The NHS will never go. Welfare state? You can argue admittedly. 

maroonlegions
1 hour ago, Jlv2004 said:

The NHS will never go. Welfare state? You can argue admittedly. 

Depends on what format  of the NHS you mean .

American version , based on AFFORDABLE heath insurance premiums , set by  private health insures who care only about share holder profits, and  NOT about the welfare of its patients   or care about  their means of AFFORDABILITY  to pay such premiums.

The NHS that we know off  just now,like the welfare state , that was set up by Labour , will go, no doubt about it. That is a given, there have already been sell offs , take Richard Branson"s attempted asset stripping of some NHS services.

Tories will NEVER take  any responsibility of their NHS polices  that PROVE the  desolation  of the NHS, Jeremy Hunt is a prime example.

Edited by maroonlegions

maroonlegions

Talking about Tory liars.

The BREXIT instigator  probably  sun kissing  his arse  and those who also instigated  BREXIT in the Cayman Islands as i type this.

Image may contain: 1 person, text that says "Just your daily reminder of the Twat responsible for this entire shitshow."
Edited by maroonlegions

55 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

The BREXIT instigator  probably  sun kissing  his arse  and those who also instigated  BREXIT in the Cayman Islands as i type this.

Image may contain: 1 person, text that says "Just your daily reminder of the Twat responsible for this entire shitshow."

He's worried his children won't be able to get on the property ladder you know. 

What a poor ***** he really is. 

1 hour ago, maroonlegions said:

Image result for cameron pigs head

Thunderstruck
19 hours ago, maroonlegions said:

Depends on what format  of the NHS you mean .

American version , based on AFFORDABLE heath insurance premiums , set by  private health insures who care only about share holder profits, and  NOT about the welfare of its patients   or care about  their means of AFFORDABILITY  to pay such premiums.

The NHS that we know off  just now,like the welfare state , that was set up by Labour , will go, no doubt about it. That is a given, there have already been sell offs , take Richard Branson"s attempted asset stripping of some NHS services.

Tories will NEVER take  any responsibility of their NHS polices  that PROVE the  desolation  of the NHS, Jeremy Hunt is a prime example.

Question: Are you for or against staying in the EU?

maroonlegions
1 hour ago, Thunderstruck said:

Royal Mint just released a new coin in reference  to such questions as the one you asked me.

No photo description available.

Thing is its not a real question is it like the Mays botched deal.

Lets ask the nation again, no danger of that though..

maroonlegions

Just for how much longer can this car crash of a PM get away with her cowardly lying in regards to her botched BREXIT deal.

She is displaying classic playground bullying  behaviour, excluding the smart kid,(Corbyn), because he will stand up to her and expose her as the fake, self serving, lying coward that she is.

In truth Theresa May is acting like a petulant child, not  like a  responsible  prime minister  of this country.

Edited by maroonlegions

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, Thunderstruck said:

Good luck.

Thunderstruck
53 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Royal Mint just released a new coin in reference  to such questions as the one you asked me.

No photo description available.

Thing is its not a real question is it like the Mays botched deal.

Lets ask the nation again, no danger of that though..

It was a simple question. A simple yes/no would have been sufficient.

Obviously, not a simple enough question. 

It is quite difficult to ascertain your stance   given that you have filled 20k+ posts with memes and other drivel. 

59 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Just for how much longer can this car crash of a PM get away with her cowardly lying in regards to her botched BREXIT deal.

She is displaying classic playground bullying  behaviour, excluding the smart kid,(Corbyn), because he will stand up to her and expose her as the fake, self serving, lying coward that she is.

In truth Theresa May is acting like a petulant child, not  like a  responsible  prime minister  of this country.

You know we're in a mess when Cornyn is the smart one.

An absolute mess of a Tory party and he still can't win an election. 

maroonlegions
25 minutes ago, Jlv2004 said:

You know we're in a mess when Cornyn is the smart one.

An absolute mess of a Tory party and he still can't win an election. 

What election is that , the one coming. Living in the past it seems.

Anyway back to the future, lets hope this car crash of a Tory prime minister is EVICTED soon.

Anyone with an ounce of decency and above all respect for Parliament PROTOCOL would have RESIGNED by now and given the British people an general  election.

2 hours ago, maroonlegions said:

What election is that , the one coming. Living in the past it seems.

Anyway back to the future, lets hope this car crash of a Tory prime minister is EVICTED soon.

Anyone with an ounce of decency and above all respect for Parliament PROTOCOL would have RESIGNED by now and given the British people an general  election.

I actually have some respect for May, who has taken a job nobody wanted in the middle of an absolute shitstorm and tried to deliver something she fundamentally doesn't agree with.

Labour should be making hay at the moment but Corbyn is all over the place, and a firm Leaver anyway.  

3 hours ago, Jlv2004 said:

I actually have some respect for May, who has taken a job nobody wanted in the middle of an absolute shitstorm and tried to deliver something she fundamentally doesn't agree with.

Labour should be making hay at the moment but Corbyn is all over the place, and a firm Leaver anyway.  

If we have to have a Tory Government, I don't know who else from the current crop I could stomach tbh.

Corbyn's a waste of time. He just protests against what he doesn't want. The weakest government in modern history and the most ineffectual opposition. What a mess we're in.

6 hours ago, Jlv2004 said:

She put herself forward for it. Nobody forced her. 

Shes an arse. 

6 hours ago, The Brow said:

She put herself forward for it. Nobody forced her. 

Shes an arse. 

Yet she’s a better option than Rees-Mog, Boris, Hunt or Gove. 

And Corbyn too, for that matter. 

Space Mackerel
On 15/01/2019 at 09:31, Phil Dunphy said:

Point scoring over child abuse is pretty low, imo. 

Just reporting facts, you gotta a problem with that?

Still waiting for the 100 odd paedo files to turn up from Westminster that the Maybot accidentally"lost"  I assume you don't have a problem with that either?

Just now, Space Mackerel said:

Just reporting facts, you gotta a problem with that?

Still waiting for the 100 odd paedo files to turn up from Westminster that the Maybot accidentally"lost"  I assume you don't have a problem with that either?

Why would I have any problem with peadophiles being identified and brought to justice? Oh, that’s right. Because you think it’s something to point score over.  

Crass.