More Tory lies

aussieh

Correct and that will be the Labour Party that finished 3rd behind the Tories in the Holyrood Elections and lost all but one of it's MP's to the SNP in the last Westminster elections.

Ok... then. Was more mentioning it as I never realised that. But. Yes those are facts.

• Replies 27.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Mighty Thor

• Victorian

• JudyJudyJudy

• Cade

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

One day it will dawn that no-one and I mean no-one does dirty tricks better than the British/English establishment.

Meanwhile in Scotland we class zero hours contract jobs for the young as "positive destinations" and have slashed support for our poorest students https://twitter.com/LucyHunterB/status/864974869712318465

But yes. The slight of hand never happens here... nor are we masters of it.

John Findlay

Meanwhile in Scotland we class zero hours contract jobs for the young as "positive destinations" and have slashed support for our poorest students https://twitter.com/LucyHunterB/status/864974869712318465

But yes. The slight of hand never happens here... nor are we masters of it.

Compared to the English we are amatuers.

deesidejambo

I can't believe people will vote Tory up here. Mind blowing....

Its nothing to do with Tory policies and everything to do with booting out Indy.

Once Indy is out the way the Tories will be sunk.  We can get back to normal voting practices.

jack D and coke

Its nothing to do with Tory policies and everything to do with booting out Indy.

Once Indy is out the way the Tories will be sunk. We can get back to normal voting practices.

They can do a lot of damage in this 5 year term. It's a mind blowing vote for me. Vote labour, vote lib dem ffs.

Pans Jambo

Once Indy is out the way the Tories will be sunk.  We can get back to normal voting practices.

So Tories win big up here & then enforce their evil policies. How long before the Scots are screaming for Indy?

Voting Tory will not even touch the sides of the independence movement in fact, quite the opposite.

deesidejambo

They can do a lot of damage in this 5 year term. It's a mind blowing vote for me. Vote labour, vote lib dem ffs.

I wish.  its a fptp system so tactical voting is common.  The Tories have jumped-in on the Section 30 announcement and Labour got caught out.

Sturgeon jumped-in too soon and has predicated this.

deesidejambo

So Tories win big up here & then enforce their evil policies. How long before the Scots are screaming for Indy?

Voting Tory will not even touch the sides of the independence movement in fact, quite the opposite.

So to get Independence you will vote Tory?

Pans Jambo

So to get Independence you will vote Tory?

If they gave me a blow job & ?25K I still wouldn't vote that disgusting filth. Ever!

The answer is NO.

But then you know as well as I do that this is a General Election and NOT an Independence Referendum. Also. Zero Tories up here and they will still win so really, discussing Indy in the context of this GE is really a moot point. Even if every Scottish seat is an SNP win, it wont make one jot of difference to who is in power at Westminster or when the next Indy Ref will be.

Pans Jambo

Just as a BTW, about an hour ago I seen the big blue Tory battle bus with a cow's pus plastered on the side of it travelling west along the dual carriageway at Longniddry. About 5 minutes before that an Army Apache helicopter went past in the same direction.

Is that biatch on that bus heading to our fair capital?

maroonlegions

If they gave me a blow job & ?25K I still wouldn't vote that disgusting filth. Ever!

The answer is NO.

But then you know as well as I do that this is a General Election and NOT an Independence Referendum. Also. Zero Tories up here and they will still win so really, discussing Indy in the context of this GE is really a moot point. Even if every Scottish seat is an SNP win, it wont make one jot of difference to who is in power at Westminster or when the next Indy Ref will be.

:2thumbsup:

Good points and so in touch with this present general election media frenzy that seems to be letting the Tories have a free and easy ride just now.

This election has been spun by the Tories into a election about IndeyRef2 and Brexit to turn any attention away  from  their brutal austerity polices on the less well off and vulnerable  including the disabled .

maroonlegions

Insanity, eh.

Turkeys  voting for Xmass springs to mind.

deesidejambo

The answer is NO.

For 25k and a blow I would vote SNP.

Just as a BTW, about an hour ago I seen the big blue Tory battle bus with a cow's pus plastered on the side of it travelling west along the dual carriageway at Longniddry. About 5 minutes before that an Army Apache helicopter went past in the same direction.

She was down at drem

Space Mackerel

Once Indy is out the way the Tories will be sunk. We can get back to normal voting practices.

Let him vote Tory then we can blame him for screwing Scotland and helping Indy2 along very nicely indeed.

Space Mackerel

Eh?

So, happy that Labour have been propped up by the Torys in North Lanarkshire?

This just confirms that up here, the Red Tories stick with their Blue Tory pals. Sickening.

Amen, jackie speaks the truth!

So, happy that Labour have been propped up by the Torys in North Lanarkshire?

This just confirms that up here, the Red Tories stick with their Blue Tory pals. Sickening.

Not really. Labour has a national anti-austerity agenda and a no privitisation position. So if the Tories are putting Labour in office then they are backing a Labour manifesto.

Why aren't the SNP willing to do a deal?

Not really. Labour has a national anti-austerity agenda and a no privitisation position. So if the Tories are putting Labour in office then they are backing a Labour manifesto.

Ask labour, the council stitch ups by the Labour/Tory/Libdem/independent has just bolstered my vote to the Saviours of Scotland. Feck labour.

Come on Tory voters, are any of you actually happy about this ****?

Not a Tory but if they plan to add some controls to stop the relentless spamming by some (not directed at you btw) of message boards with crappy links to Facebook & twitter then I can at least see some positives!

Space Mackerel

North Lanarkshire meeting ended up with the new Lab/Tory coalition saying to the SNP, there's 33 of you and more of us.

Must make you proud.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/8259177988/permalink/10154737896307989/

Edited by Space Mackerel

Space Mackerel

Not a Tory but if they plan to add some controls to stop the relentless spamming by some (not directed at you btw) of message boards with crappy links to Facebook & twitter then I can at least see some positives!

Hiya pal [emoji4]

Thunderstruck

You're quite the wee charmer aren't you. The very epitome of modern civic nationalism.

North Lanarkshire meeting ended up with the new Lab/Tory coalition saying to the SNP, there's 33 of you and more of us.

Must make you proud.

That's coalition politics. If the SNP cannot form a coalition. They cannot govern.

I've not seen details of the deal so won't comment on it. If its purely anti-indy I'm not happy about it. But if you get the SNP spouting on about independence a lot you'll get this response for right or wrong.

The SNP had a few deals with the Tories last time around. Was that wrong then?

You're quite the wee charmer aren't you. The very epitome of modern civic nationalism.

He's a lot to learn, before he's as charming as you britnatz. The very epitome of old school nationalism.

Pans Jambo

Do I grind your wee Tory gears???

Do I???

I do eh?

jambo lodge

Must make you proud.

Annabel Goldie ( Conservative ) kept First Minister Alex Salmond in power for 5 years so don't know why the SNP are complaining about coalitions between Labour and Conservatives.

Still no Tories defending the China/north Korea style government regulated Internet?

That's what you are voting for.

Bowmans_Boot

Annabel Goldie ( Conservative ) kept First Minister Alex Salmond in power for 5 years so don't know why the SNP are complaining about coalitions between Labour and Conservatives.

I am an SNP supporter but agree that some people have short memories and this is often conveniently forgotten.

Space Mackerel

That's coalition politics. If the SNP cannot form a coalition. They cannot govern.

I've not seen details of the deal so won't comment on it. If its purely anti-indy I'm not happy about it. But if you get the SNP spouting on about independence a lot you'll get this response for right or wrong.

The SNP had a few deals with the Tories last time around. Was that wrong then?

North Lanarkshire voted for a SNP government, something wrong when 2nd and a distant 3rd place take power.

http://www.northlanarkshire.gov.uk/index.aspx?articleid=32951

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

...a bit disco

Still no Tories defending the China/north Korea style government regulated Internet?

That's what you are voting for.

It's not like the Tories not to defend the indefensible.

North Lanarkshire voted for a SNP government, something wrong when 2nd and a distant 3rd place take power.

http://www.northlanarkshire.gov.uk/index.aspx?articleid=32951

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

That's not how the system works.

Governance is by consent. You elect representatives and they assemble the leadership with can command the greatest level of support.

The SNP couldn't and therefore don't govern.

Look at Spain and the last Danish governments. Less seats but governed as they won backing from others.

If Labour had a minority of seats, less than the Tories, but got LibDem and SNP support they could govern in a minority government as they command majority parliamentary support.

I am an SNP supporter but agree that some people have short memories and this is often conveniently forgotten.

Indeed. Annabelle Goldie's support prevented the SNP losing budget after budget.

What, like voting for The Scarecrow and Mrs King Dugdale?

Thunderstruck

Indeed. Annabelle Goldie's support prevented the SNP losing budget after budget.

It seems to be forgotten that, following losses in 2016, the SNP is a minority government and therefore reliant on support from other parties. Thus we have the shift from "will of the people" to the "will of the parliament" when it comes to referendums.

It seems to be forgotten that, following losses in 2016, the SNP is a minority government and therefore reliant on support from other parties. Thus we have the shift from "will of the people" to the "will of the parliament" when it comes to referendums.

In both cases it's the will of parliament and the will of the people.

Pro independence parties were returned by the people and they form a majority at Holyrood.

A bit like the Tory/labour coalitions at local level.

Democracy, huh?

Space Mackerel

That's not how the system works.

Governance is by consent. You elect representatives and they assemble the leadership with can command the greatest level of support.

The SNP couldn't and therefore don't govern.

Look at Spain and the last Danish governments. Less seats but governed as they won backing from others.

If Labour had a minority of seats, less than the Tories, but got LibDem and SNP support they could govern in a minority government as they command majority parliamentary support.

Labour and Torys are Unionist bed fellows now. That's what's happened. Nothing to do with Council governance. Being in NL, I wouldn't be surprised if the Orange Order have pulled the strings.

Thunderstruck

In both cases it's the will of parliament and the will of the people.

Pro independence parties were returned by the people and they form a majority at Holyrood.

A bit like the Tory/labour coalitions at local level.

Democracy, huh?

The will of the people - really? By what measure?

FPTP - seems only an "abomination" at UK level.

It seems at least one council has a minority SNP administration by dint of offering up posts to Tory Councillors. We'll see for sure after the next meeting. Hatred of Tories - it is so ephemeral.

But, hey, that's Democracy.

Pans Jambo

But but the fishermen getting their waters back along with an extra ?350 million a week for the NHS was promised.....wasnt it???

Dont tell me the Tories lied?

AGAIN!

Space Mackerel

But but the fishermen getting their waters back along with an extra ?350 million a week for the NHS was promised.....wasnt it???

Dont tell me the Tories lied?

AGAIN!

It's going to utterly glorious sitting on here in a couple of years saying to all our younger Yoon Tory red white n bloo posters...

Don't say wee didn't warn you. :)

deesidejambo

It's going to utterly glorious sitting on here in a couple of years saying to all our younger Yoon Tory red white n bloo posters...

Don't say wee didn't warn you. :)

Two years more of your trolling. Lord help me.

Space Mackerel

Two years more of your trolling. Lord help me.

No trolling here. It's fairly obvious the most SNP supporters on here have lived under total Tory policies in the past since Maggie T.

It drove up Independence so much s Blair had to bring in Devolution as a stop gap.

You crack on and vote Tory. Every little helps [emoji106]