More Tory lies

aussieh

The Old Tolbooth
4 hours ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Think this guy has the Tories number in general and Truss's in particular...

3 hours ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Yeah, bitter, the guy is a PROFESSOR of Accounting Practice, but feck him and his learned experience, because Dobby fae kickback the wannabe Thatcherite Tory doesn't agree with him.

Honestly!

IMG_20220812_134301.jpg

1 hour ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Ah. Now we know why you dismissed his thread. So predictable.

He' s also a CHARTERED Accountant by the way.

He's also a qualified economist with a diploma, and talks a hell of a lot of sense, a damn site more than any Tory sleazebag I've ever heard, that's for sure! 

His videos on why Scotland would be a successful country on our own, and also about the deficit (or lack of it in our case), are also very good too. 

• Replies 27.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Mighty Thor

• Victorian

• JudyJudyJudy

• Cade

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Konrad von Carstein
5 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

He's also a qualified economist with a diploma, and talks a hell of a lot of sense, a damn site more than any Tory sleazebag I've ever heard, that's for sure! 

His videos on why Scotland would be a successful country on our own, and also about the deficit (or lack of it in our case), are also very good too. 

But, but Dobby says that he's insane :lol:

dobmisterdobster
2 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Taxing and spending to combat inflation is insanity.

But he dies have an accounting degree.

Konrad von Carstein
11 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Taxing and spending to combat inflation is insanity.

But he dies have an accounting degree.

I did type a response but ken what? It's Friday, it's a lovely day, the barbie will be getting fired up shortly and I've just made a big batch of Greek pork kebabs.

Enjoy your weekend Dobby.

The Old Tolbooth
4 hours ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Dobby is quite clearly insane if he thinks he’s better qualified than Prof Murphy 😂 

Konrad von Carstein
2 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Dobby is quite clearly insane if he thinks he’s better qualified than Prof Murphy 😂 

I believe that Dobby mets the criteria of "If you vote Tory you're either a super rich or a moron"

The Old Tolbooth
12 hours ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

I believe that Dobby mets the criteria of "If you vote Tory you're either a super rich or a moron"

😂 

WorldChampions1902
14 hours ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

526A8D1E-8285-4B37-A28C-709891859E7A.jpeg

I P Knightley
23 hours ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Yeah, bitter, the guy is a PROFESSOR of Accounting Practice, but feck him and his learned experience, because Dobby fae kickback the wannabe Thatcherite Tory doesn't agree with him.

Honestly!

IMG_20220812_134301.jpg

I've not followed him on Twitter but just realised from this post that I know him through my work and various conferences I've been at. He's very highly regarded in the 'industry' and usually gets top billing as a speaker. He's knowledgeable and passionate.

21 hours ago, dobmisterdobster said:

I suppose you're right. You can't really argue with somebody as decorated as a Chartered Professor. Such an accolade is what one must stride for.

Of course, there's no such thing as a chartered professor and I doubt you've ever commanded the stage at national conferences so I'm happy to dismiss your comments as ignorant, clueless, prejudiced, knee-jerk rantings.

Konrad von Carstein
1 hour ago, I P Knightley said:

I've not followed him on Twitter but just realised from this post that I know him through my work and various conferences I've been at. He's very highly regarded in the 'industry' and usually gets top billing as a speaker. He's knowledgeable and passionate.

Of course, there's no such thing as a chartered professor and I doubt you've ever commanded the stage at national conferences so I'm happy to dismiss your comments as ignorant, clueless, prejudiced, knee-jerk rantings.

I have was just poking him with the "Chartered Professor" stuff and predictably he chomped down hard.

Good to hear that he is so highly regarded.

dobmisterdobster
1 hour ago, I P Knightley said:

My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined.

On 08/08/2022 at 11:27, manaliveits105 said:

" junta" the new comrades buzz word which bizzarely perfectly describes the snp North Korean style administration here

:facepalm: 

Comrades indeed. A word you should use to describe yourself and other tory voters, since they are knee deep in Russian money and kow-towing to those donors, when they aren't being wined, dined and compromised in a KGB* officer's house. 

Sorry, but them's the facts, Comrade

*Nobody leaves the KGB.

Lest we forget the corruption that runs through our Russian oligarch owned Tory *******s and needed yet another reminder...

SectionDJambo
11 hours ago, Gizmo said:

Comrades indeed. A word you should use to describe yourself and other tory voters, since they are knee deep in Russian money and kow-towing to those donors, when they aren't being wined, dined and compromised in a KGB* officer's house. 

Sorry, but them's the facts, Comrade

*Nobody leaves the KGB.

It's an astonishing flip over from the 70s, when all the talk was that Labour and the Trades Unions were heavily involved with the Russians. Some of that was true, but now we have a Conservative Party, whilst in government, who have been taking Russian money for years, yet the traditional right wing press seem to be totally unconcerned. Seemingly, they're only taking money and giving back influence to nice, friendly Russians.

Putin seems to have played a very long and patient game. His strategy of energy supply to Europe and sure fire knowledge that money gets you most things you plan for in the UK, were working well for him before he jumped the gun on Ukraine. If he had waited until nearer the start of winter, instead of near it's end, Europe would have been in far bigger trouble, energy wise, than it has been up to now.

It's also very likely that he partly bankrolled Brexit. Divide and conquer, helped by his true blue comrades.

20 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

It's an astonishing flip over from the 70s, when all the talk was that Labour and the Trades Unions were heavily involved with the Russians. Some of that was true, but now we have a Conservative Party, whilst in government, who have been taking Russian money for years, yet the traditional right wing press seem to be totally unconcerned. Seemingly, they're only taking money and giving back influence to nice, friendly Russians.

Putin seems to have played a very long and patient game. His strategy of energy supply to Europe and sure fire knowledge that money gets you most things you plan for in the UK, were working well for him before he jumped the gun on Ukraine. If he had waited until nearer the start of winter, instead of near it's end, Europe would have been in far bigger trouble, energy wise, than it has been up to now.

It's also very likely that he partly bankrolled Brexit. Divide and conquer, helped by his true blue comrades.

If the Russians can get an American President in, they can do just about anything really !

Panorama should be a hoot tonight.

Diving into various government grant schemes and where the money went (hint: it either went offshore or to Moscow)

I P Knightley
17 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

I have had the misfortune of spending a couple of days with Tory members, one of whom is a party "activist". Although I've tried to avoid any tory chat, they all seem very keen to tell me in hushed tones about Shagger Truss. If they're right, she's been at it more than Johnson. And despite having given her their votes, they confirm that she's thick as mince. 

JudyJudyJudy
10 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

I have had the misfortune of spending a couple of days with Tory members, one of whom is a party "activist". Although I've tried to avoid any tory chat, they all seem very keen to tell me in hushed tones about Shagger Truss. If they're right, she's been at it more than Johnson. And despite having given her their votes, they confirm that she's thick as mince. 

“ thick as mince “ never ! 😂

Unknown user
20 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

I wish I could find that video of her going "the cost of living crisis has affected us all" and the lad's giving it "how has it affected you personally?" and she just can't answer.

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I wish I could find that video of her going "the cost of living crisis has affected us all" and the lad's giving it "how has it affected you personally?" and she just can't answer.

They don’t live in the real world.

SectionDJambo
3 hours ago, Boab said:

If the Russians can get an American President in, they can do just about anything really !

Yes

They've definitely got something on Trump. Wouldn't be too difficult to entice him into doing something he wouldn't want made public.

4 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

Germany getting their energy from Norway now. 

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Germany getting their energy from Norway now. 

We get, or at least can, get a third of our gas requirements from Norway through the Langeled Pipeline into Easington. 

Something like 2.6 Bcf/d capacity vs. 7.5 Bcf/d consumption. 

Footballfirst
5 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

I was just about to post that story.  Basically government lawyers are attempting to conceal certain comments made by a Foreign Office official who had been asked for advice about the Rwanda policy.

The official had stated "There are state control, security, surveillance structures from the national level down... political opposition is not tolerated and arbitrary detention, torture and even killings are accepted methods of enforcing control too".

Edited by Footballfirst

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Footballfirst said:

I was just about to post that story.  Basically government lawyers are attempting to conceal certain comments made by a Foreign Office official who had been asked for advice about the policy.

The official had stated "There are state control, security, surveillance structures from the national level down... political opposition is not tolerated and arbitrary detention, torture and even killings are accepted methods of enforcing control too".

That’s pretty damning from the official.

Psychedelicropcircle

I see us bottom feeders aren’t grafting hard enough & us Scot’s aren’t neighbours we’re family. 

translate;  whilst my mates ship profit out to the Caribbean the reprobate PAYE worker doesn’t do enough to pay the UK bills.

we’re Family but I make the decisions

47 minutes ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

I see us bottom feeders aren’t grafting hard enough & us Scot’s aren’t neighbours we’re family. 

translate;  whilst my mates ship profit out to the Caribbean the reprobate PAYE worker doesn’t do enough to pay the UK bills.

we’re Family but I make the decisions

Aye, whether to have affairs !

Try keeping your own one together, Lizzy.

Lizzy looks to be getting the gig of screwing us over 

Liz Truss set to win Tory leadership race by decisive margin, Sky News poll suggests

Edited by Imaman

WorldChampions1902
1 hour ago, maroonlegions said:

100% bang on.

Tories are slippery , sneaky con people.

300233905_362885916043795_8198861483031177609_n.jpg

Just like the recent “lack of graft” revelation about British workers from Truss, her views about the workers are nothing new. She co-wrote “Britannia Unchanged” in 2012, where the following passage appeared:-

“Once they enter the workplace, the British are among the worst idlers in the world. We work among the lowest hours, we retire early and our productivity is poor. Whereas Indian children aspire to be doctors or businessmen, the British are more interested in football and pop music.”

The Tories hold us in utter contempt. Always have, always will. And yet millions of working class people still vote for them 

Edited by WorldChampions1902

I P Knightley
5 hours ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

Just like the recent “lack of graft” revelation about British workers from Truss, her views about the workers are nothing new. She co-wrote “Britannia Unchanged” in 2012, where the following passage appeared:-

“Once they enter the workplace, the British are among the worst idlers in the world. We work among the lowest hours, we retire early and our productivity is poor. Whereas Indian children aspire to be doctors or businessmen, the British are more interested in football and pop music.”

The Tories hold us in utter contempt. Always have, always will. And yet millions of working class people still vote for them 

She's been challenged on that a couple of times in recent weeks and has replied with: "different people wrote different chapters. That chapter was written by Dominic Raab, who's supporting Rishi Sunak for leader." Great to watch them try to tear the party apart from within - she has my full support in that. However, I think if I was collaborating on a book, I'd want to know that none of the content from my collaborators was offensive or objectionable.

So, either she agrees with it or was happy just to take her thirty pieces. Given that she's, at some point, agreed with pretty much every viewpoint on most things, it's possible that both are true.

SwindonJambo
On 18/08/2022 at 16:03, I P Knightley said:

She's been challenged on that a couple of times in recent weeks and has replied with: "different people wrote different chapters. That chapter was written by Dominic Raab, who's supporting Rishi Sunak for leader." Great to watch them try to tear the party apart from within - she has my full support in that. However, I think if I was collaborating on a book, I'd want to know that none of the content from my collaborators was offensive or objectionable.

So, either she agrees with it or was happy just to take her thirty pieces. Given that she's, at some point, agreed with pretty much every viewpoint on most things, it's possible that both are true.

Quite apart from all her toe curling outbursts, I think she’s quite simply not anywhere near being up to the job. I can see her being found out very quickly and toppled from within, something the Tories do much more ruthlessly than any other party. She seems to think she’s some sort of second coming of Margaret Thatcher when in reality she’s a Pound Shop Thatcher.

SectionDJambo
21 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

Quite apart from all her toe curling outbursts, I think she’s quite simply not anywhere near being up to the job. I can see her being found out very quickly and toppled from within, something the Tories do much more ruthlessly than any other party. She seems to think she’s some sort of second coming of Margaret Thatcher when in reality she’s a Pound Shop Thatcher.

Thatcher wouldn’t have given her the responsibility of carrying her handbag.

Johnson kept a gang of nodding numpties around him so that there was no decent threat from within. It could bite the Conservatives hard come the next election, probably having them scramble to bring their oven ready hero back.

manaliveits105

Slow day in Wehatethetories Town comrades good news from Boris about the Mighty trade deal with the Pacific countries though worth billions and could lead to lower prices in our shops 

SwindonJambo
6 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Thatcher wouldn’t have given her the responsibility of carrying her handbag.

Johnson kept a gang of nodding numpties around him so that there was no decent threat from within. It could bite the Conservatives hard come the next election, probably having them scramble to bring their oven ready hero back.

:D Leaders in politics or business very often surround themselves with numpties and sycophants unlikely to challenge them. We’ve all seen it. There’s usually one they underestimate though.

Their oven ready hero will probably have long since quit politics by then and gone off to rake in millions making speeches. He has too many gobs to feed, 6 officially, but there are widely believed to be others too. If it’s very obvious very quickly that Truss will lose the next election, she’ll be binned. Who knows who’ll get the gig next.

Jeffros Furios
4 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Slow day in Wehatethetories Town comrades good news from Boris about the Mighty trade deal with the Pacific countries though worth billions and could lead to lower prices in our shops 

:rofl:

maroonlegions
17 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

This is better news.

Bojo the clown is gone, now for the reincarnation of Thatcher  , LIzzy.