More Tory lies

aussieh

16 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Society can accept whatever it chooses to. 

You (or I for that matter in this sort of area) may not like it, but we don't speak for society. It's speaks for itself, at the polls...and it chooses to be ran by those who won't prioritise spending where it's needed.

One step could be for the sitting party to state that there's a profound problem to deal with and to call on parliament to agree to an emergency suspension of political differences and to create a grand coalition.  All ideology and electoral motives suspended for a term.  Everyone freed up from their shackles to enact emergency policies to get things done.

Pie in the sky stuff to be sure,  but the ways exist if the will exists.

Edited by Victorian

• Replies 26.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Mighty Thor

• Victorian

• JudyJudyJudy

• Cade

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

JudyJudyJudy
5 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Lovely irony of my misuse of 'their' in that post too 😂

Who's too stupid now, Taffin?!? 😭

Oh I never pick up Anyone on their grammar ! 😀

I P Knightley
1 minute ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

The vote belongs to the person voting, it is their action in voting for the Tories. @Taffin survives this visit from the grammar police I reckon. 

Nope!

Taffin had it right in his previous post. It's been a shameful performance. The naughty step's too good for him!

JudyJudyJudy
4 minutes ago, Cade said:

The British electorate is in love with the idea of punching downwards.

As if grinding down those lower on the social scale somehow elevates you.

Of course, the irony is that they forget that those above them are also punching down on them, lowering their standing.

It's a vicious circle.

Everyone is punching downwards on those below them and collectively it becomes a race to the bottom that benefits nobody.

All it does is destroy the infrastructure of society.

And the morons lap it up.

"never mind that guy above you stomping on you, just stomp harder on that feckin loser below you and everything will be fine"

6 minutes ago, Victorian said:

One step could be for the sitting party to state that there's a profound problem to deal with and to call on parliament to agree to an emergency suspension of political differences and to create a grand colalition.  All ideology and electoral motives suspended for a term.  Everyone freed up from their shackles to enact emergency policies to get things done.

Pie in the sky stuff to be sure,  but the ways exist if the will exists.

The will doesn't exist though, that's sort of my point.

If you're a Tory voter, you'll be expecting them to deliver a conservative response. For them to then declare they aren't would be undemocratic imo. We'd (you, I and others) like to see that happen, of course, but the mandate given to the Tories from the electorate wasn't to do that.

I appreciate they did do precisely that under Covid, but on that one they got lucky that the beneficiaries were their electoral base by and large (many of course weren't too but broadly speaking)

Edited by Taffin

A Boy Named Crow
1 minute ago, I P Knightley said:

Nope!

Taffin had it right in his previous post. It's been a shameful performance. The naughty step's too good for him!

Sloppy grammar is a heinous act in itself, but he then compounded the folly by showing gracious self deprecation in acknowledging his error.  That is simply not how one conducts oneself online in 2022!

6 minutes ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

The vote belongs to the person voting, it is their action in voting for the Tories. @Taffin survives this visit from the grammar police I reckon. 

EDIT: Shit, you denounced yourself! 🤠

4 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Oh I never pick up Anyone on their grammar ! 😀

3 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Nope!

Got to take my medicine on this one 😭

Spending more in wealthier areas usually with Conservative councils is what they have been doing for a while.

During austerity and more recently. It isn't new. 

Unknown user
23 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Society can accept whatever it chooses to. 

You (or I for that matter in this sort of area) may not like it, but we don't speak for society. It's speaks for itself, at the polls...and it chooses to be ran by those who won't prioritise spending where it's needed.

Yes and no, that's where we get to express our opinion, but the result doesn't reflect society - if it did, the Tories wouldn't have a majority.

A Boy Named Crow
1 minute ago, Taffin said:

Got to take my medicine on this one 😭

No you don't,  fight your corner, never back down. Even when it is clear you are getting completely ragdolled...if all else fails, post a gif or a meme. 

I believe that is how it is done these days. 

manaliveits105
12 minutes ago, Cade said:

The British electorate is in love with the idea of punching downwards.

As if grinding down those lower on the social scale somehow elevates you.

Of course, the irony is that they forget that those above them are also punching down on them, lowering their standing.

It's a vicious circle.

Everyone is punching downwards on those below them and collectively it becomes a race to the bottom that benefits nobody.

All it does is destroy the infrastructure of society.

And the morons lap it up.

"never mind that guy above you stomping on you, just stomp harder on that feckin loser below you and everything will be fine"

Zat right aye :sadrobbo:

9 minutes ago, Taffin said:

The will doesn't exist though, that's sort of my point.

If you're a Tory voter, you'll be expecting them to deliver a conservative response. For them to then declare they aren't would be undemocratic imo. We'd (you, I and others) like to see that happen, of course, but the mandate given to the Tories from the electorate wasn't to do that.

I appreciate they did do precisely that under Covid, but on that one they got lucky that the beneficiaries were their electoral base by and large (many of course weren't too but broadly speaking)

I know the will doesn't exist.

Much more direct support is inevitable anyway.  It will happen.  There was an energy firm owner on the news last night calling fof it.  Hd reckons the crisis can be made much better with a sum equalling around 1/10th of what CV cost.  

This lot always play their cards very close.  It's coming but they always have to extract some political benefit from doing something for the peasants.

50 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

What?

It's OK mate. You mugged yourself by voting for them. Its no big deal as some folk are more susceptible to liars and con men. 

We're here for you. 

And yet here I am happy as can be not feeling like a mug. Guess it’s all in the eye of the beholder Thor, I appreciate the support though. 

Unknown user
10 minutes ago, Victorian said:

I know the will doesn't exist.

Much more direct support is inevitable anyway.  It will happen.  There was an energy firm owner on the news last night calling fof it.  Hd reckons the crisis can be made much better with a sum equalling around 1/10th of what CV cost.  

This lot always play their cards very close.  It's coming but they always have to extract some political benefit from doing something for the peasants.

This is just a fact

45 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Yes and no, that's where we get to express our opinion, but the result doesn't reflect society - if it did, the Tories wouldn't have a majority.

It's not meant to reflect society though. It's meant to reflect how they expressed their opinion on how to be governed. 

The sad reality of FPTP is that if your interests aren't that of the plurality then I'm afraid it's tough luck.

If people don't want money diverted to where it's needed most and they can vote in sufficient numbers for a government who agree with them, then money won't be (and shouldn't be) diverted to where it's needed most unfortunately.

Edited by Taffin

6 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Administered by enema, I trust. :D

😂😂

Theirs other ways?!?

Edited by Taffin
The joke was intended!

JudyJudyJudy

This guy was doing a wee show today at princes street . Very funny and political . this is a great song ripping Boris a New one . He’s a real Indy supporter and also sang some rousing Indy related songs too ( I even applauded ) . Great with one liners too . 

www.ericgudmunsen.com 

JudyJudyJudy
5 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

This guy was doing a wee show today at princes street . Very funny and political . this is a great song ripping Boris a New one . He’s a real Indy supporter and also sang some rousing Indy related songs too ( I even applauded ) . Great with one liners too . 

www.ericgudmunsen.com 

You heard of him ? 

@jack D and coke  ? He’s terrific 

Shooter McGavin

We’re in big f****** trouble

Politics in this country has seen some low points, but this current Tory government has been responsible for the biggest race to the bottom I think we’ve ever seen.

1 minute ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Politics in this country has seen some low points, but this current Tory government has been responsible for the biggest race to the bottom I think we’ve ever seen.

One of his deranged cheerleaders was just on C4 News.  A complete angry man gaslighting that "deprived areas" was Sunak referring to well funded infrastructure in London.

Deprived = not deprived in this alternative reality of arguing that left = right and down = up.

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Yet there are clowns on this forum support them.

Shooter McGavin
6 minutes ago, Victorian said:

One of his deranged cheerleaders was just on C4 News.  A complete angry man gaslighting that "deprived areas" was Sunak referring to well funded infrastructure in London.

Deprived = not deprived in this alternative reality of arguing that left = right and down = up.

Gaslighting is the perfect word to sum up this government, and it’s supporters.

Just say things, they don’t have to mean anything or hold any weight, just says things, and change your version of events as often as you like and of-course your thick supporters will do the same.

They must piss themselves when they see the amount of weirdos who remain loyal to them.

Shooter McGavin
11 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Yet there are clowns on this forum support them.

They think by voting for them, they are one :facepalm:

They’re too thick to realise they’re being taken for mugs as much as the rest of us.

Just now, Shooter McGavin said:

Gaslighting is the perfect word to sum up this government, and it’s supporters.

Just say things, they don’t have to mean anything or hold any weight, just says things, and change your version of events as often as you like and of-course your thick supporters will do the same.

They must piss themselves when they see the amount of weirdos who remain loyal to them.

It's mind bending stuff.  Sunak is recorded saying that he diverted funding away from "deprived urban areas" and his supporter is put on the spot about it.  It seems to be acceptable that he went into an ill tempered rant that Sunak meant taking away future funding from London because of the high level of funding put in already.

In what perverse version of reality does this make any sense whatsoever?  And how does someone trip out this bullshit in such an impassioned,  angry manner?

We have some absolute weirdos in public life.

dobmisterdobster
35 minutes ago, Victorian said:

It's mind bending stuff.  Sunak is recorded saying that he diverted funding away from "deprived urban areas" and his supporter is put on the spot about it.  It seems to be acceptable that he went into an ill tempered rant that Sunak meant taking away future funding from London because of the high level of funding put in already.

In what perverse version of reality does this make any sense whatsoever?  And how does someone trip out this bullshit in such an impassioned,  angry manner?

We have some absolute weirdos in public life.

JKB: London gets too much funding. It's not fair

Also JKB: Give London more funding immediately.

Which is it?

1 minute ago, dobmisterdobster said:

JKB: London gets too much funding. It's not fair

Also JKB: Give London more funding immediately.

Which is it?

Neither.  Nobody asked for more funding in London.

Are you drunk?

Shooter McGavin
3 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Far too much money is spent on Urban areas in the UK and we are seeing diminishing returns.

I’d be interested to see what information, research papers etc you’ve had at your disposal to come to that conclusion.

Feel free to pass such materials on to me 👍🏻

3 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

www.ericgudmunsen.com 

That was very very good 👏👏👏

"We've been giving to the poor for ages and they're still poor. Oh well, nae fixing that, we'll give the money to the rich instead"

:seething:

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Imaman said:

That was very very good 👏👏👏

Yes he was very entertaining . Great banter from him too , as well as his singing . Sang some of my favourite tunes , “ the house of McDonald “ 

“ Caledonia “ and “ the fields of Athenry” too. 

Unknown user
17 hours ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Far too much money is spent on Urban areas in the UK and we are seeing diminishing returns.

What do you mean by returns? What returns should be expected from making sure the poorest are ok?

Konrad von Carstein
18 hours ago, dobmisterdobster said:

I can't get my head round this attitude.

What exactly do you mean by diminishing returns?

Due to Brexit (not to derail the thread) deprived areas have lost the EU funding that your party have failed to replace adequately.

Jeffros Furios
19 hours ago, dobmisterdobster said:

As you live in the near Teesside area  could you say how Middlesbourgh and Stockton have the worst poverty in the UK ? 

12 yrs of Tories and levelling up yet 1 in 3 children live in poverty .

Maybe the Tories are failing the urban areas and change is needed .

dobmisterdobster
1 hour ago, Jeffros Furios said:

As you live in the near Teesside area  could you say how Middlesbourgh and Stockton have the worst poverty in the UK ? 

12 yrs of Tories and levelling up yet 1 in 3 children live in poverty .

Maybe the Tories are failing the urban areas and change is needed .

I live in the North of England and I agree with Mayor Houchen's comments that working class people live in rural and suburban areas too and those places need funding.

Footballfirst
13 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

I live in the North of England and I agree with Mayor Houchen's comments that working class people live in rural and suburban areas too and those places need funding.

It's not being a "working class" area that attracts funding. It's about deprivation and poverty.

The biggest lie from the Tories was Brexit Benefits. 
There are and will be No benefits or ever will be just more hassle for the Brits. 

dobmisterdobster
9 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

It's not being a "working class" area that attracts funding. It's about deprivation and poverty.

Rural and suburban areas are deprived as well. More needs to be done.

All Cameron and Osbourne did was try and turn Manchester into the London of the north. That's not what people want.

Footballfirst
2 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Rural and suburban areas are deprived as well. More needs to be done.

All Cameron and Osbourne did was try and turn Manchester into the London of the north. That's not what people want.

Virtually all areas of the country are "working class", although there are some people who use the term in a dismissive fashion as being unworthy in some ways. Mostly Tories, I may add.

Unknown user
1 hour ago, dobmisterdobster said:

The problem is that Sunak's comments were about Tunbridge Wells deserving more money and how he'd been diverting it away from inner city places that need it.

And that's everything you need to know about the current Tories.

dobmisterdobster
18 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

From a parody account, but that is the level we’re at now.

Middle aged divorced dads think parody accounts are the funniest thing ever. A real knee slapper.

Konrad von Carstein
2 hours ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Middle aged divorced dads think parody accounts are the funniest thing ever. A real knee slapper.

If what the account says is accurate, I'm not sure I'd be on here mumping my gums about it, if true then Tory supporter or not you should be ripping Richie Rich not the twitter account.