More Tory lies

aussieh

Dennis Reynolds

It's funny how WFH worked for two years when the government said we had to but all of a sudden, it now doesn't.

Thankfully my employer isn't as backwards as the PM and I'll continue WFH only going into the office when it's absolutely required. Which believe it or not, isn't very often. 

• Replies 26.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Mighty Thor

• Victorian

• JudyJudyJudy

• Cade

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

Pretty much on the money. The thing is, once many of the Tory-types are directly affected by the introduction of these extreme policies/legislation, they suddenly realise what they voted for, but of course it’s too late then.

It’s the exact same in my role as a Union Rep. The previously rabid anti-Union in my workplace flocked to the Union to sign up when our employer used ‘Fire and Rehire’ to take away peoples final salary pensions and remove other so-called ‘perks’. Absolute hypocrites.

Yes union membership is crucial more than ever now. Ive always been a union member. 

3 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

It's funny how WFH worked for two years when the government said we had to but all of a sudden, it now doesn't.

Thankfully my employer isn't as backwards as the PM and I'll continue WFH only going into the office when it's absolutely required. Which believe it or not, isn't very often. 

Exactly.  They basically want to ensure that they literally can keep an eye on you and make you work every second of your hours , when as ive said before its been proven that people working from home works just as much as those working in offices .  In fact sometimes more. 

A Boy Named Crow
15 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

It comes down to the difference between good workers and piss takers. If you're good at your job,  productive, conscientious etc then working from home is magic. You can smash it, without being interrupted by the wasters at work. 

On the other hand, there are folk who just don't work unless there's somebody watching over their shoulder all day. These people have been exposed by working from home.

It's understandable that the government would not be in favour of working from home. I've worked for a couple of government entities, as well as in the private sector. The employees I've encountered in government fall much more into the piss taker category above!

Unknown user
11 minutes ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

It comes down to the difference between good workers and piss takers. If you're good at your job,  productive, conscientious etc then working from home is magic. You can smash it, without being interrupted by the wasters at work. 

On the other hand, there are folk who just don't work unless there's somebody watching over their shoulder all day. These people have been exposed by working from home.

It's understandable that the government would not be in favour of working from home. I've worked for a couple of government entities, as well as in the private sector. The employees I've encountered in government fall much more into the piss taker category above!

That's a Tory government all over, we can't have something positive because some people who just don't deserve it might benefit

The Real Maroonblood
14 minutes ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

The laughable thing is that Johnson is useless Home & Away. 

So definitely a piss taker.

A Boy Named Crow
3 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

The laughable thing is that Johnson is useless Home & Away. 

So definitely a piss taker.

Aye,  I reckon he's projecting his own failings onto the rest of us...

7 minutes ago, Smithee said:

That's a Tory government all over, we can't have something positive because some people who just don't deserve it might benefit

... which is just so ****ing Tory!

Edited by A Boy Named Crow

So, Boris claims that when "working from home", he gets easily distracted by cheese and coffee and ends up not doing any work.

Ergo, everybody working from home is the same as him, ergo working from home must be banned.

But

At work, he has things like suitcases of booze and birthday cakes and karaoke parties to distract him.

No wonder he never gets anything done.

Can't work at home, can't work at work.

Just now, Hansel said:

This just popped up on a FB page I follow

Screenshot_20220514-175526_Facebook.jpg

I was like, I agree but we'd just lost the league on goal difference FFS

:sob:

Japan Jambo

apologies for the segue - just watched 'ToryBoy The Movie' on Amazon prime, very interesting watch for those interested in political process.

Konrad von Carstein

Do we have a Manchurian PM or rather a Manchurian political party?

Yes, I've just watched the Manchurian Candidate :)

kingantti1874

So went to renew my elderly parents home insurance todays and insurance companies don’t give a **** about the SNP pretend laws on smoke alarms.  

these trolls have had pensioners fretting all over the country with another vanity policy.

Japan Jambo
3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

So went to renew my elderly parents home insurance todays and insurance companies don’t give a **** about the SNP pretend laws on smoke alarms.  

these trolls have had pensioners fretting all over the country with another vanity policy.

this pisses me off - far too many conversations over this with my old dear before she eventually terrified herself into dropping a couple of hundred quid.

Shooter McGavin

Tory MP Rachel Maclean telling people to “work more hours or move to a higher paid job” to combat the cost-of-living crisis,

So aye, if you’re working two jobs and still relying on food-banks, as many are, it’s because you’re not working enough apparently. 

You’ll need 3 jobs now, and remember to take overtime at every one of them, oh and just eat plain pasta at 50p a bag for the rest of your life, and if you’re not willing to do all of that then it’s your fault for not handling your money or lifestyle well enough.

Shooter McGavin

I think I’ve solved the homeless crisis!

Why don’t they just buy homes?

Oh I also think I’ve solved the problem of people relying on foodbanks!

Why don’t you go round your neighbours bins and eat their leftovers?

And amazingly, I’ve just solved the problem of pensioners being freezing in their own homes!

Why don’t they sell their house and move into their shed, heavily insulate it and chuck in a room heater and bingo!

Another day in the life solving problems the Tory way!

*God Save The Queen begins playing*

Jeffros Furios

Hopefully at the next  General election people get out and vote . 

And presently Labour are the only vote to rid us of these clowns .

Obviously the SNP will dominate up here but I'm more concerned about ridding us of the Tories than Independence. 

Starmer might be a wet fish but he seems to be a decent guy as do a lot of his shadow cabinet .

Shooter McGavin
8 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Hopefully at the next  General election people get out and vote . 

And presently Labour are the only vote to rid us of these clowns .

Obviously the SNP will dominate up here but I'm more concerned about ridding us of the Tories than Independence. 

Starmer might be a wet fish but he seems to be a decent guy as do a lot of his shadow cabinet .

The English electorate are utterly terrifying.

At this stage, I don’t think theres anything the Torys can do that would put them off voting for them.

With years of Tory governments, and Brexit, I’m really worried about the damage Little Englanders are having on us up here in Scotland.

Japan Jambo
35 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

The English electorate are utterly terrifying.

At this stage, I don’t think theres anything the Torys can do that would put them off voting for them.

With years of Tory governments, and Brexit, I’m really worried about the damage Little Englanders are having on us up here in Scotland.

Think you are missing the other part of the equation which is that of a credible alternative...

I P Knightley
57 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Another day in the life solving problems the Tory way!

*God Save The Queen begins playing*

...and the Scousers start booing.

Then the Tories threaten to have them all arrested for booing.

Even though it's only a matter of months since Priti Patel said it was absolutely fine to boo through the BLM knees being taken.

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Jeffros Furios said:

He cant define what a woman is.  How the hell can anyone vote for someone who cannot be honest about a simple fact ? 

JudyJudyJudy
6 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Art imitating life...

She is deluded. How does she think you can go from a lower paid job to being a COE ?  It may work in her world of elitism, cronyism and privilege but for Joe or Joanne Bloggs to make that leap is impossible for a variety of reasons. 

JudyJudyJudy
29 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

...and the Scousers start booing.

Then the Tories threaten to have them all arrested for booing.

Even though it's only a matter of months since Priti Patel said it was absolutely fine to boo through the BLM knees being taken.

Good for them booing. Get shot of the Royals. Embarrassing in this day and age 

manaliveits105
4 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

He cant define what a woman is.  How the hell can anyone vote for someone who cannot be honest about a simple fact ? 

He is on Loose Women today 

it’s about his level 

WorldChampions1902
11 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

She is deluded. How does she think you can go from a lower paid job to being a COE ?  It may work in her world of elitism, cronyism and privilege but for Joe or Joanne Bloggs to make that leap is impossible for a variety of reasons. 

She’s a satirist. A very good one!

JudyJudyJudy
10 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

He is on Loose Women today 

it’s about his level 

should it really be called " loose women " now ? :) hope they ask him for his definition of what a woman is? doubt it though .

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

She’s a satirist. A very good one!

Well she obviously is. Had me fooled. :(  thats not hard mind you before any pile on please. But the sad thing is that could easily have been a Govt minister. 

jack D and coke
17 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

James…cmon man :lol: 

Have a heavy night last night?? Not quite awake yet?

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

James…cmon man :lol: 

Have a heavy night last night?? Not quite awake yet?

er something like that...still suffering. 

Jeffros Furios
23 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I dont care and I'd imagine the vast majority people don't care .

I've never met anyone in real world who's ever mentioned it and apart from you no-one mentions it on here .

Out of  being skint , unable to pay for heating , buying food and using food banks etc its pretty way down the list of concerns .

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

I dont care and I'd imagine the vast majority people don't care .

I've never met anyone in real world who's ever mentioned it and apart from you no-one mentions it on here .

Out of  being skint , unable to pay for heating , buying food and using food banks etc its pretty way down the list of concerns .

I think a lot of women might have a different view to you on this. Maybe you should ask them. 

il Duce McTarkin
36 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I think a lot of women might have a different view to you on this. Maybe you should ask them. 

Starmer could quite easily define what a woman is, but he won't, because no matter what he said some section of society or other would be outraged and there'd be a media pile-on. 

if you'd like an example, take a look at the pish spouted by half-baked, jumped-up, self-important, internet gobshites about him because he chose not to define a woman.

Edited by Dirk McClaymore

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

Starmer could quite easily define what a woman is, bu

Hes a coward then? He could define it . He knows what exactly a woman is but wont because he wants to appease a vocal loud and aggressive minority on this issue. For that I have zero respect for him. 

Jambo-Jimbo
3 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Problem solved.

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/britons-struggling-cost-living-better-070747685.html
Britons struggling with cost of living should get ‘better job’, says minister

Ms Maclean claimed just over £213,000 in expenses last year

Seen her on Sky News this morning, it's unbelievable just how much this lot are out of touch with what is going on nowadays.

The scary thing is, she's not the only one, what was it last week, oh aye, change to shops own or value brands, and I'll bet there is more examples of how out of touch they are.

il Duce McTarkin
21 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Hes a coward then?

He's opting for damage limitation in political terms. He's using his head. It's what smart people who have a good chance of one day running the country do.

24 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

a vocal loud and aggressive minority on this issue. . 

To be fair, you could be describing yourself there, on pretty much every thread on this forum.

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

He's opting for damage limitation in political terms. He's using his head. It's what smart people who have a good chance of one day running the country do.

To be fair, you could be describing yourself there, on pretty much every thread on this forum.

NO hes being dishonest. Any politician who is dishonest proves to be he has no balls or integrity. So its a no from me. Labour can do one. 

Your other comment.,,,,,,,,,,

image-23-10-21-07-01-3.jpeg

il Duce McTarkin
1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

Your other comment.,,,,,,,,,,

image-23-10-21-07-01-3.jpeg

Well that's me telt.

The inventiveness of your satirical put-downs is rivalled only by your understanding of politics in the social media age. Clearly.

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

Well that's me telt.

The inventiveness of your satirical put-downs is rivalled only by your understanding of politics in the social media age. Clearly.

Its not " the spectator" its a football forum. ffs 

55 minutes ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

Starmer could quite easily define what a woman is, but he won't, because no matter what he said some section of society or other would be outraged and there'd be a media pile-on. 

if you'd like an example, take a look at the pish spouted by half-baked, jumped-up, self-important, internet gobshites about him because he chose not to define a woman.

:greggy:

Shooter McGavin

This narrative that “Theres no alternative” is just lazy, feckless and ignorant.

”It’s a shame that bad man keeps kicking me in the face, but oh well, theres no alternative.”

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Dear lord Labour are really down the rabbit hole 

Ps yes I know it’s a parody account 😂😂

Edited by JamesM48

il Duce McTarkin
6 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Ps yes I know it’s a parody account 😂😂

Enough about you, James, what about this Hardcok lassie?

3 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

What's your definition of a woman?