Top Posters In This Topic

• The Mighty Thor

• Victorian

• JudyJudyJudy

• Cade

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

35 minutes ago, Victorian said:

"I have seen no evidence" (of MPs being menaced).

Spaffer.

Well... let's move right on.

Yip. The old it didn't happen as I never saw it answer. Then again maybe someone wasn't there, but then admits they were there, didn't know it was bullying and didn't know bullying was against the rules?!🤔🧐

2 minutes ago, Cade said:

Can anyone decipher what Der Sun is trying to say with this bonkers front page?

:cornette_dog:

Untitled.jpg

You seen the daily mails front page??

WorldChampions1902
22 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Guardian article where Labour suggets cost of rollout: https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2019/nov/15/free-broadband-essential-uk-compete-john-mcdonnell-labour-policy-openreach

Your link is for mainetnance.

Re the track & trace, i highlighted the app as i hear so many people saying "oooh they spent £37bn on an app"

As for the actual spend, £22bn was budgetd for the first 12 months and there was a spend of £16bn. A snip!

I stand corrected on the broadband costs. 👍

As for Track and Trace, it is evidently a minefield of data with different figures being used to bolster whatever point being reinforced. What is still clear (to me at least) is that we are paying billions more for a ‘system’ that is flawed and those squandered billions could be put to better use. Free broadband anyone? Giving ALL our kids an equal learning opportunity which truly WOULD be quote, “Levelling Up”. But that Tory slogan is just that - hollow words.

5 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

As for Track and Trace, it is evidently a minefield of data with different figures being used to bolster whatever point being reinforced. What is still clear (to me at least) is that we are paying billions more for a ‘system’ that is flawed and those squandered billions could be put to better use. Free broadband anyone? Giving ALL our kids an equal learning opportunity which truly WOULD be quote, “Levelling Up”. But that Tory slogan is just that - hollow words.

Track & Trace costs are eye-watering.

The service charges will hopefully be part of the public enquiry and if they're not, they should be.

Major contractors taking on work they could never deliver and passing to third parties (tidy commision just for passing it on) - 3rd parties who were not allowed to bid for the work.

The daily rental/management fees for the most inconsequential items are outrageous.

5 hours ago, Japan Jambo said:

quite incredible. don't understand why he didn't just resign the whip and sit as an independent. 

He was told to his face if he didn't support Johnson his constituency would lose funding. 

Presumbaly he wasn't too happy about being blackmailed - hence  the Troy pile-on on Twitter today to slag him off. 

22 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

100% this.

Best part of the broadband plan was taxing Facebook & Google to help fund it :thumbsup:

manaliveits105
1 hour ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Whips are behaving like....whips. Imagine that.

Just ringleaders of the failed pork pie plot with an axe to grind.

Incredible behaviour who would have thought 

1 hour ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Whips are behaving like....whips. Imagine that.

Just ringleaders of the failed pork pie plot with an axe to grind.

Conservatives are behaving like... Conservatives.

Imagine defending that lot, the absolute nick

Oops! 

https://apple.news/Am__4mt1RTeCt0kIHBBNWhQ

A top civil servant investigating alleged law-breaking in Downing Street has found a email warning Boris Johnson's principal private secretary against holding a lockdown-breaching party in Number 10, ITV News understands.

The discovery by Sue Gray, who has been appointed by the PM to investigate numerous allegations of illegal behaviour in the heart of government, was revealed by ITV News Political Editor Robert Peston.

He said it leaves a "huge question" hanging over Mr Johnson's claim he hadn't been warned the May 20, 2020 party was against the rules and that he only attended because he thought it was a work event.

The warning email - sent by a senior official - told Mr Johnson's principal private secretary Martin Reynolds, the party "should be cancelled because it broke the rules", according to Peston.

It's not difficult to see the direction of travel there.  The PPS (Reynolds) is nailed as having been informed of the illegality.  Spaffer claims he was not informed in turn.  Reynolds is the sacrificial turd with god only knows what promised to him to save Spaffers scaley hide.

Shooter McGavin
3 hours ago, Smithee said:

Conservatives are behaving like... Conservatives.

Imagine defending that lot, the absolute nick

The Torys rely on votes from docile people who think they’re something they’re not.

On 20/01/2022 at 17:42, Boy Daniel said:

Oops! 

https://apple.news/Am__4mt1RTeCt0kIHBBNWhQ

A top civil servant investigating alleged law-breaking in Downing Street has found a email warning Boris Johnson's principal private secretary against holding a lockdown-breaching party in Number 10, ITV News understands.

The discovery by Sue Gray, who has been appointed by the PM to investigate numerous allegations of illegal behaviour in the heart of government, was revealed by ITV News Political Editor Robert Peston.

He said it leaves a "huge question" hanging over Mr Johnson's claim he hadn't been warned the May 20, 2020 party was against the rules and that he only attended because he thought it was a work event.

The warning email - sent by a senior official - told Mr Johnson's principal private secretary Martin Reynolds, the party "should be cancelled because it broke the rules", according to Peston.

Strange one, this.

Clownshoes says he was assured no rules were broken but his PPS was sent an email saying the "work event" was against the rules. 

And the "work event" was originally planned for circa 100 attendees , 60/70% of whom failed to attend "work".

Some  weird "work event" that was. 

And now we have the MPS refsusing to investigate and refusing to explain their policy decision / who decides. So,  basically it's an MPS cover up. 

2 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Strange one, this.

Clownshoes says he was assured no rules were broken but his PPS was sent an email saying the "work event" was against the rules. 

And the "work event" was originally planned for circa 100 attendees , 60/70% of whom failed to attend "work".

Some  weird "work event" that was. 

And now we have the MPS refsusing to investigate and refusing to explain their policy decision / who decides. So,  basically it's an MPS cover up. 

Yes.... and the MP who claimed "blackmail" by the Whips is now meeting a senior Met police officer to try to get them to investigate.      Sounds a bit of a long shot though, fraught with difficulty.     Does he have written evidence ...... and can he find an honest law-abiding  Met officer ?   :whistling:

:wattie:

57 minutes ago, Smithee said:

FB_IMG_1642883234620.thumb.jpg.98b00f937811d6007d323786f89c1890.jpg

have to confess Smithee, that's not a piece of art that I'd have thought was in your collection... bizarre really doesn't

cover it.

51 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Yes.... and the MP who claimed "blackmail" by the Whips is now meeting a senior Met police officer to try to get them to investigate.      Sounds a bit of a long shot though, fraught with difficulty.     Does he have written evidence ...... and can he find an honest law-abiding  Met officer ?   :whistling:

:wattie:

I think I saw in Twitter some/soemone have voice recordings. 

1 hour ago, Japan Jambo said:

have to confess Smithee, that's not a piece of art that I'd have thought was in your collection... bizarre really doesn't

cover it.

It's burnt a hole in my brain. A problem shared is a problem halved, as they say.

John Gentleman
On 21/01/2022 at 05:59, Shooter McGavin said:

The Torys rely on votes from docile people who think they’re something they’re not.

The Tories had virtue signalling down to an art form decades before the practice was given a name.

Edited by John Gentleman
typo

WorldChampions1902
12 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Oh!

I'm sure there will be an investigation 

:tlj:

Of course there will be an investigation - NOT!

The government had to be dragged kicking and screaming to honour their Pre-GE election promise to launch an investigation into rampant Islamaphobia within the Tory Party, remember? And when that report was finally published, Tory Party members called it a “whitewash”.

Is it any wonder when Clownshoes sets the tone?

5F9B9B8C-4DB7-4786-82E0-3EFF25EFF9BE.png

Edited by WorldChampions1902

jack D and coke
26 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

Of course there will be an investigation - NOT!

The government had to be dragged kicking and screaming to honour their Pre-GE election promise to launch an investigation into rampant Islamaphobia within the Tory Party, remember? And when that report was finally published, Tory Party members called it a “whitewash”.

Is it any wonder when Clownshoes sets the tone?

5F9B9B8C-4DB7-4786-82E0-3EFF25EFF9BE.png

He’s right there tbf. 

Shooter McGavin
13 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Oh!

I'm sure there will be an investigation 

:tlj:

Yep, I’m sure the Torys, lead by a man that claimed muslim women look like letter boxes, will lead a completely unbiased investigation into this matter….

Time to move on comrades….

WorldChampions1902

Pick a quote………any quote. All known to the electorate before the GE. And ‘we’ voted to have this POS as our PM. Wow. Just WOW! What a country.

E8877766-B173-41C0-8FEE-47AEA106C905.jpeg

37 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

Pick a quote………any quote. All known to the electorate before the GE. And ‘we’ voted to have this POS as our PM. Wow. Just WOW! What a country.

E8877766-B173-41C0-8FEE-47AEA106C905.jpeg

I didnt vote for him or them. 

Footballfirst
29 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Sue Gray doing the party investigation has the security log in information.

So can say who was at Downing Street and when. 

The Independent has a report today about staff being advised to delete WhatsApp messages relating to the events.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/partygate-boris-johnson-sue-gray-investigation-b1998921.html

Officials working in No 10 claim they have held back information from Sue Gray’s investigation into the partygate scandal due to a “culture of fear” surrounding the probe.

Three sources told The Independent they have not divulged messages and pictures on their phones after a senior member of staff told them to remove anything that could fuel speculation in the wake of the first party revelations.

Messages in a WhatsApp group were said to contain photographs of people drinking and dancing, as well as references to how hungover people were the next day.

The messages are from the eve of Prince Philip’s funeral, when there were two parties, one to mark the departure of a No 10 photographer and another to mark the departure of James Slack, Downing Street’s director of communications. Mr Slack has since made a public apology.

One source claimed that after being asked to remove information, they subsequently deleted evidence of that party.

They said they were also fearful that, having removed material, they could face censure: “I did the wrong thing and actually deleted stuff.”

“Everyone’s terrified. It’s a witch hunt,” another source told The Independent. “There’s been a culture of fear [in the office] every day since the first party story broke.”

Another source added: "I’ve held back from sharing evidence, it’s too risky. And I’d have to explain why I’d deleted some stuff, which would mean saying I’d felt intimidated."

One source said going to Ms Gray with such information was tantamount to being asked to “snitch on the PM in an internal investigation”.

“That’s why I’ve asked to be anonymous,” one source told The Independent. “I need to keep my job.”

When asked about the pressure to withhold information, one source said they felt they had been “frightened into silence”.

Asked if they had shared their claims with Ms Gray, as part of her investigation, all three sources told The Independent they did not consider the Cabinet Office as truly separate from Downing Street or political interests.

They added that while they respected Ms Gray’s integrity, leaks of plans for her investigation had already reached some newspapers.

Sources believe there is therefore considerable risk to their careers from sharing allegations with her team.

Sources said that when staff were called for interviews with Ms Gray to offer their accounts of any gatherings in Downing Street or the Cabinet Office, it seemed staff in Number 10 had pieced together who was contacted and when to offer testimony or share information.

A Number 10 spokesperson said allegations about pressure on individuals were “categorically untrue” and staff have been instructed to comply fully with the inquiry.

Three sources have told The Independent they were approached by a senior staffer after the first reports of parties at Downing Street last month, and advised to remove WhatsApps, diary invites and other digital communications.

Senior appointees in Number 10 have been under considerable pressure to stem the tide of reports on parties throughout recent weeks.

Sources claim a set of senior figures in Downing Street were loudly told by the prime minister to stop the flow of party news last week.

The Information Commissioner’s Office issued a warning after allegations of pressure to delete material were first reported. “Relevant information that exists in the private correspondence channels of public authorities should be available and included in responses to information requests received,” a spokesperson added.

“Erasing, destroying or concealing information within scope of a Freedom of Information request, with the intention of preventing its disclosure is a criminal offence under section 77 of the Freedom of Information Act.”

Last week, Labour’s deputy leader, Angela Rayner, wrote to Cabinet Secretary Simon Case asking him to probe allegations of staff coming under pressure to remove material.

WorldChampions1902

Will believe it when the stubborn turd has finally been flushed. The Tory Party has pulled every dirty trick in the book to keep this reptile in power. I have a sneaking suspicion that they still have some Jokers to play.

And even if Clownshoes is dragged out kicking and screaming, I fear he will be replaced by someone even worse.

Shooter McGavin
12 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

Will believe it when the stubborn turd has finally been flushed. The Tory Party has pulled every dirty trick in the book to keep this reptile in power. I have a sneaking suspicion that they still have some Jokers to play.

And even if Clownshoes is dragged out kicking and screaming, I fear he will be replaced by someone even worse.

Share those thoughts to be honest, there seems to be a never ending conveyor belt of Tory scum willing to try and defend this clown.

1 hour ago, Roxy Hearts said:

But you'd rather he/they govern us than ourselves!

No back at the least election for wm i voted SNP as Joanna Cherry is my local mp

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

No back at the least election for wm i voted SNP as Joanna Cherry is my local mp

He wasn't talking about who you voted for, you're against independence.

Edited by Smithee

5 minutes ago, Smithee said:

He wasn't talking about who you voted for, you're against independence.

Lighten up. Im not interested in the Indy debate anymore. Haven't the slightest interest in it. If it happens it happens . If it doesn't it doesn't. 

1 minute ago, Roxy Hearts said:

👍

and if she stands at the next election Ill vote for her again. I really admire her for a variety of reasons. 

12 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

and if she stands at the next election Ill vote for her again. I really admire her for a variety of reasons. 

I must listen to her more. 

1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

Lighten up. Im not interested in the Indy debate anymore. Haven't the slightest interest in it. If it happens it happens . If it doesn't it doesn't. 

The Covid thread is chock full of you showing more than a passing interest in the merits or otherwise of independence. 

6 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

You've been very, very vocal about being against independence

8 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Serving on duty police officers stood back and watched them break the law ? Assume there will be some form of disciplinary action for that. 

2 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Serving on duty police officers stood back and watched them break the law ? Assume there will be some form of disciplinary action for that. 

This has always been the most mental thing about it, the Met know exactly who was where, and when.

It's all recorded, every coming and going.

And they wouldn't investigate.

Just now, Smithee said:

This has always been the most mental thing about it, the Met know exactly who was where, and when.

Then they should also face an inquiry/disciplinary of some sort. 

The Mighty Thor
31 minutes ago, Smithee said:

30 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Then they should also face an inquiry/disciplinary of some sort. 

Cressida Dick, who appears to be utterly bulletproof, should be emptied at the same time as Johnson and whoever made the decision not to investigate at MPS should follow them too.