More Tory lies

aussieh

10 minutes ago, Costanza said:

This is the one that finishes him I think, as assume clear evidence he misled parliament? 

I've lost count on the parties and what he's denied. 

I'd hope he's a goner this time but I wouldn't put it past him to try and hang on in the hope that everyone just moves on. I think he's going to have to be forcably removed by MPs. 

• Replies 26.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Mighty Thor

• Victorian

• JudyJudyJudy

• Cade

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, dtgj said:

Real story - https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-news-party-resign-b1992977.html although that appears to be a live feed, I can't find a link to a standalone story. 

Crikey - its on the website of the Independent !!   JUst when we thought Boris's reputation & judgement couldn;t get any lower  .........    this is truly breathtaking. :arry:

2 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

It could be that Sue Gray's version of "Track and Trace" is actually having some effect.

No its simply a party a day keeps Sue Gray at bay….

30 minutes ago, dtgj said:

I've lost count on the parties and what he's denied. 

I'd hope he's a goner this time but I wouldn't put it past him to try and hang on in the hope that everyone just moves on. I think he's going to have to be forcably removed by MPs. 

This is a report of what he said in PMQs (of course he has told porkies there before).

I can't see how he cam spin this one.

"
Boris Johnson kicked off PMQs this afternoon with an apology for the footage that emerged last night, where No10 officials were seen joking about holding a Christmas party in Downing Street just days after the alleged lockdown-breaking gathering took place.

“I was also furious to see that clip and Mr Speaker I apologise unreservedly for the offense that his has caused and I apologise for the impresison it gives,” he said.

“I have been repeatedly assured that there was no party and no Covid rules were broken.

“But I have asked the Cabinet Secretary to establish all the facts and to report back as soon as possible.”

“If those rules were broken there will be disciplinary action against all those involved.”

The Prime Minister, who has been subject to lots of noisy heckling in the chamber, also said he understood “public anxiety” and “public indignation” over the reports and said he himself is furious over the allegations.

MPs could be heard shouting “shocking” and “it was in his own house” after he denied having any knowledge about a Downing Street party before the Mirror reported it last week.

"

2 hours ago, Boy Daniel said:

Boris Johnson is drawing up a list of officials to offer resignations over partygate in a bid to salvage his premiership, The Independent has learned.

Dubbed “Operation Save Big Dog” by the prime minister himself, the blueprint includes a drive to work out which heads should roll following the publication of senior official Sue Gray’s findings, as well as highlighting the prime minister’s achievements, according to sources

I fear given Saddiq's cuts to TFL he'll run out of buses to throw them under.

The Mighty Thor
2 hours ago, Boy Daniel said:

Boris Johnson is drawing up a list of officials to offer resignations over partygate in a bid to salvage his premiership, The Independent has learned.

Dubbed “Operation Save Big Dog” by the prime minister himself, the blueprint includes a drive to work out which heads should roll following the publication of senior official Sue Gray’s findings, as well as highlighting the prime minister’s achievements, according to sources

I thought that was a wind up 😂

'Operation save big dog'

:cornette:

2 hours ago, dtgj said:

The Mirror reporting drinks every Friday night during lockdown. So much so that they even bought a fridge to keep their drinks cool! 

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/boris-johnsons-wine-time-fridays-25951853

Dearie me . He really needs to just resign . Evidence at least some morality. Even his idol Thatcher knew when to throw the towel in . No one is invincible and everyone is replaceable. It’s embarrassing how much he is clinging on . 

2 hours ago, Mister T said:

More Dennis Skinners and fewer Rees-Moggs is what parliament needs. 

Agreed 

jack D and coke
4 hours ago, Mister T said:

They wheel out that odious wank to talk in his ridiculous accent to talk down to the people. British people take notice of these plummy speaking pricks. He must be cleverer than me talking like that. 
Its hideous that he isn’t run out of this country. He’s complete and utter filth. 

6 hours ago, Mister T said:

Also my favourite politition Tony Benn , christ knows what he would think of this debacle. 

10 minutes ago, micole said:

Also my favourite politition Tony Benn , christ knows what he would think of this debacle. 

He sprung to my mind immediately after I read the comment above too. :) One of the little things he did was to hang a picture of the UK upside-down on his wall so that he would be given "a different perspective on the way Britain was governed.”.

21 minutes ago, micole said:

Oh yes he was a titan of British politics 

2 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

They wheel out that odious wank to talk in his ridiculous accent to talk down to the people. British people take notice of these plummy speaking pricks. He must be cleverer than me talking like that. 
Its hideous that he isn’t run out of this country. He’s complete and utter filth. 

I always think those types are idiots, almost cultish. Conditioned to speak and act a particular way. Ignorant too. Private schools to blame.

What a boy this Boris is!!

Takes some amount of balls to have party after party in Downing Street in the middle of a lockdown knowing if you get caught you will probably lose your job and piss the **** off the whole ****ing country!!

Nothing but respect for him.

Legend!!!

I don’t know if it’s been posted here but this is an interesting article from a couple of years ago from Max Hastings.  He knew ….

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/jun/24/boris-johnson-prime-minister-tory-party-britain

A wee point in today’s paper too - there were more people at the Downing St party the night before the D of E’s funeral than at the funeral itself.

HartleyLegend3

This has to be a wind up. Has to be.. 

Boris Johnson reportedly had to be barricaded in his office to stop him coming into contact with staff when he was isolating. 

Aides in Downing Street are said to have created a ‘puppy gate’ with two chairs at his door to prevent him from roaming around the building.

Officials in Number 10 went to extreme lengths because ‘he kept coming out’ despite having to stay away from other people under his own Covid-19 rules.

The story has come to light following claims Mr Johnson’s own laissez faire attitude to following guidance created a culture of rule-breaking in Downing Street.

1 hour ago, HartleyLegend3 said:

Boris Johnson reportedly had to be barricaded in his office to stop him coming into contact with staff when he was isolating. 

Aides in Downing Street are said to have created a ‘puppy gate’ with two chairs at his door to prevent him from roaming around the building.

Officials in Number 10 went to extreme lengths because ‘he kept coming out’ despite having to stay away from other people under his own Covid-19 rules.

The story has come to light following claims Mr Johnson’s own laissez faire attitude to following guidance created a culture of rule-breaking in Downing Street.

Boris is just like.....

bulletproof.gif

9 hours ago, HartleyLegend3 said:

Can't be certain it's true until Johnson denies it 👍

Footballfirst

35 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Thanks. Given Keir Starmer's legal background, indeed Labour aren't short of legal backgrounds generally, surely the status, independence and terms of reference of the inquiry should all have been called out. Waiting for the report just risks appearing to quibble after the event

Oliver Dowden a long lines of

'We need to back the PM come what may but start to work on changing the culture within No.10'

Er......sort of missing the point that the person at the top of the tree drives the culture.

It's ok.  All sorted out.  Wee Nadine has clobbered the BBC communists for £2bn.

Right,  let's move on,  level up and get Brexit more done.

The Mighty Thor

Running in parallel with 'Operation Save Big Dog', where junior people get sacked for nothing, we now have 'Operation Red Meat' which is a package of measures to get the faithful back on side. This includes;

Defunding the BBC

Using the military against migrant boats

'Levelling up' again

Attacking UC claimants

Aye that should bring the cultist morons back to heel

SectionDJambo
1 hour ago, Victorian said:

It's ok.  All sorted out.  Wee Nadine has clobbered the BBC communists for £2bn.

Right,  let's move on,  level up and get Brexit more done.

Maybe someone should remind them that it was Sky and ITN who asked the awkward questions recently.

The Mighty Thor
11 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Maybe someone should remind them that it was Sky and ITN who asked the awkward questions recently.

That's the irony of it all.

The BBC is like the house channel of CCHQ with Kuenssberg effectively house PR for Spaffer. 

Dorries is a horrible individual. 

1 hour ago, The Mighty Thor said:

That's the irony of it all.

The BBC is like the house channel of CCHQ with Kuenssberg effectively house PR for Spaffer. 

Dorries is a horrible individual. 

It really isn't, it's woke, left leaning, attention seeking and complacent. The funding model it enjoys is unique in global broadcasting - that would be fine if it had stuck to reporting news accurately, impartially and in depth but alas it's gone down the click bait rabbit hole.

I offer no defense for Dorries 🙂

3 hours ago, Japan Jambo said:

It really isn't, it's woke, left leaning, attention seeking and complacent. The funding model it enjoys is unique in global broadcasting - that would be fine if it had stuck to reporting news accurately, impartially and in depth but alas it's gone down the click bait rabbit hole.

I offer no defense for Dorries 🙂

I think you confuse left leaning with an outdated idea of decency. When you have a government like this with scandal after scandal, they do not want analysis. They want a compliant media. Their attacks on the BBC reflect this. It's like Rangers believing the SFA have it in for them when they pull.them up for anything. It's ludicrous.

Edited by Riccarton3