• The Mighty Thor

• Victorian

• JudyJudyJudy

• Cade

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Is he your hero?

Don’t be silly ! He’s a good laugh . He’s mad as a bag of spanners and was. Refreshing change in the robotic politics of Clinton et al 

DBC16A33-CE0A-4E79-A6F0-A23B79A4808E.gif

WorldChampions1902
21 hours ago, HartleyLegend3 said:

Fair play to Susanna Reid on Breakfast TV this morning highlighting this video in response to the lies spouted by James Cleverly during her interview with him. The Tories are STILL at it. And the hard of thinking continue to make excuses for their rampant mendacity.

Gary Gibbon (C4 News)

"Will you consider halting the removal of the £20 UC uplift?"

Johnston

"Well that alone would cost £5bn that would result in more tax for low and middle income families"

GG

"That depends where you increase tax"

BJ

"Well,  eh,  it would cost £5bn which would increase taxes"

There you have it.  Tax = start at the bottom by default.

Scum.

1 hour ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

But!!!!!!

This moron is the PM...

What an absolute idiot! He has the intelligence of a worm. Have any public schools got any credibility? Britain produces some absolute morons that are, supposedly, higher educated! ATF!

Konrad von Carstein

Someone on another (this?) thread was spot on when they said "absolute power, corrupts absolutely".

All empires fall, hopefully, this tory government's decent is hard and fast with a bite of fire thrown in for extra pzazz! :lol: 

The Tories couldn’t give a damn about the UC £20 cut . Those who received it and needed it most , probably didn’t vote for them so they are just collateral damage to that scum Govt really . However judging by the polling at the last election ( northern England) there were prob quite a few working class Tory votes who might have been reliant on UC to top up their low earnings 

jack D and coke

Angela Raynor was good value today. Getting wired into that tosser Raab. 
Was refreshing to hear a good working class Manc accent tearing strips off some posh over entitled welt☺️

The liar in Chief Boris Cretinous Johnson gets his in this piece. 
https://apple.news/Ae21NKyr4TbizMRGPKxaCuw

So that was Global Britain, then, in all its tremulous glory. In five days in America, at the United Nations and at the White House, Boris Johnson did his usual thing, indeed the only thing he can do, which was to lean against the wall of the world stage and spaff out his trademark repertoire of insulting jokes, tedious metaphors and easily demonstrable lies.

It was by no means easy viewing. There have been so many of these visits over the years. The outward spectacle doesn’t especially change – the flags, the Oval Office, the somewhat passe green marble backdrop of the United Nations General Assembly hall – which makes the inner reality glaringly impossible to ignore.

These are the rarefied environments in which great leaders occasionally say or do great things. And they are also the environments in which poor ones find it very easy to embarrass themselves. Which is what Boris Johnson, and as such Britain, most certainly did. With Trump gone, Britain is now the world’s leading international embarrassment.

read the article more. 

54 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

The liar in Chief Boris Cretinous Johnson gets his in this piece. 
https://apple.news/Ae21NKyr4TbizMRGPKxaCuw

So that was Global Britain, then, in all its tremulous glory. In five days in America, at the United Nations and at the White House, Boris Johnson did his usual thing, indeed the only thing he can do, which was to lean against the wall of the world stage and spaff out his trademark repertoire of insulting jokes, tedious metaphors and easily demonstrable lies.

It was by no means easy viewing. There have been so many of these visits over the years. The outward spectacle doesn’t especially change – the flags, the Oval Office, the somewhat passe green marble backdrop of the United Nations General Assembly hall – which makes the inner reality glaringly impossible to ignore.

These are the rarefied environments in which great leaders occasionally say or do great things. And they are also the environments in which poor ones find it very easy to embarrass themselves. Which is what Boris Johnson, and as such Britain, most certainly did. With Trump gone, Britain is now the world’s leading international embarrassment.

read the article more. 

Thanks for sharing that. It's a terrific and spot on read. 

A Boy Named Crow
3 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Labour…Starmer…just **** off🖕🏼

That was the level of the debate at times in 2014 though.  The idea that if Scotland decided to become an independent country there would be no connection with the English at all. All the "kith and kin" pish that was being spouted got absolutely lapped up by the hard of thinking. It'll work again!

jack D and coke
8 hours ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

That was the level of the debate at times in 2014 though.  The idea that if Scotland decided to become an independent country there would be no connection with the English at all. All the "kith and kin" pish that was being spouted got absolutely lapped up by the hard of thinking. It'll work again!

Aye the “foreigner” chat.
🎺

WorldChampions1902
2 hours ago, Cade said:

Furlough ends. 

Universal credit also ending.

Supply chains in crisis in every industry.

It'll be some winter, likes.

Furlough - I didn’t benefit from that taxpayer handout, so I don’t care.

Universal Credit - I don’t benefit from that taxpayer handout, so I don’t care.

Supply Chains - plenty of fuel at all my petrol stations and no shortages of Pot Noodle and Red Bull at any of my supermarkets, so I don’t care.

Just thought I’d get that in before the usual suspects arrive to imply that all is barry.

Nucky Thompson
28 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

Furlough - I didn’t benefit from that taxpayer handout, so I don’t care.

Universal Credit - I don’t benefit from that taxpayer handout, so I don’t care.

Supply Chains - plenty of fuel at all my petrol stations and no shortages of Pot Noodle and Red Bull at any of my supermarkets, so I don’t care.

Just thought I’d get that in before the usual suspects arrive to imply that all is barry.

Now you're getting somewhere.

The hard working will be fine....and I'm sure the scroungers will be too

Malcolm Offord, Tory donor, has been made a Life Peer and given a ministerial role in the Scotland office.

Thank christ we left the undemocratic EU with its unelected bureaucrats.

:rofl:

Edited by Cade

I see one or two usual suspects from the snp thread aren't on this.  Seems that they are more anti independence and snp than pro tory 

Maybe have to get a labour thread started incase they are left wing unionists.  Liberals?  

A lot of time in the other thread raging but nothing on here  

57 minutes ago, Cade said:

Malcolm Offord, Tory donor, has been made a Life Peer and given a ministerial role in the Scotland office.

Thank christ we left the undemocratic EU with its unelected bureaucrats.

:rofl:

So successful businessman offers to do public service work for nothing and the response is outrage and vilification?

I see the problem, he's a tory, let me get my pitchfork...

Nucky Thompson
1 hour ago, Auldbenches said:

I see one or two usual suspects from the snp thread aren't on this.  Seems that they are more anti independence and snp than pro tory 

Maybe have to get a labour thread started incase they are left wing unionists.  Liberals?  

A lot of time in the other thread raging but nothing on here  

Some people get banned from certain threads, especially if they're a bit vocal :biggrin2:

I'm banned from the SNP thread for calling them naughty names

1 minute ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Some people get banned from certain threads, especially if they're a bit vocal :biggrin2:

Fair enough.  I completely understand why someone could get banned from one for losing it. 

You got banned for calling a political party names?  Is it not just satire?  

I jokingly called Sturgeon Adolf Clitler and thstvesss alright.  Though I was using it to highlight someone else's attitude towards her.

Maybe if he had used it he would've been banned.  If only...

1 hour ago, Japan Jambo said:

So successful businessman offers to do public service work for nothing and the response is outrage and vilification?

You're kidding, right ? 

The Mighty Thor
1 hour ago, Japan Jambo said:

Working for the Governor General no less. 

Konrad von Carstein
42 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

That's why the discourse on that thread has improved exponentially!

:groundhog:

😂

Nucky Thompson
33 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

That's why the discourse on that thread has improved exponentially!

:groundhog:

😂

I got banned fairly early on, maybe about a year ago :biggrin2:

Konrad von Carstein
15 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I got banned fairly early on, maybe about a year ago :biggrin2:

Well that news sucked the fun right out of my post :lol: 

I've seen you on the Brexit one and here then, they all melt into one with the utter horse poop people* post :lol: 

*Myself included :) 

Edited by Konrad von Carstein

2 hours ago, Cade said:

Working for nothing?

He's a Minister, drawing a ministerial salary.

I'll confess to being surprised if you promise not to quote me!! (see link above)

4 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

https://www.heraldscotland.com/politics/19616893.unelected-millionaire-tory-donor-made-scotland-office-minister/

"Mr Offord’s appointment, which is unpaid, is the last gasp of Boris Johnson’s recent reshuffle."

This is no act of munificience on his part, he's no great  public benefactor as you clearly implied. That is what I'm referring to ... unless you were being ironic. 

2 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

This is no act of munificience on his part, he's no great  public benefactor as you clearly implied. That is what I'm referring to ... unless you were being ironic. 

perhaps a tad - don't have a dog in the fight to be honest, don't know much about the guy either. I did however read the article on face value and was surprised at the pile on given the role was being represented by the Herald as unpaid. I do happily concede though that such acts of largesse are indeed rare, being a natural cynic I wouldn't be shocked if there was an angle or indeed the Herald's quote isn't the full picture.

What's the score with him?

9 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

perhaps a tad - don't have a dog in the fight to be honest, don't know much about the guy either. I did however read the article on face value and was surprised at the pile on given the role was being represented by the Herald as unpaid. I do happily concede though that such acts of largesse are indeed rare, being a natural cynic I wouldn't be shocked if there was an angle or indeed the Herald's quote isn't the full picture.

What's the score with him?

Fair enough.

What's the score with him?...he stood for election, was rejected, bunged the Tories £145K , et voila.....

Governor Tarkin
3 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Fair enough.

What's the score with him?...he stood for election, was rejected, bunged the Tories £145K , et voila.....

We'd all do the same if we could tbf.

How much money he's getting isn't really the point.

The point is that all we heard about during the Brexit shambles was how undemocratic the EU was and how it was stuffed full of unelected bureaucrats.

The British Prime Minister just appointed a pal as a Lord for life then installed him as a Minister in the government.

If that's democracy then there is something dreadfully wrong with your definition of democracy.

Despite a cross-party agreement to reduce the number of Lords down to 600, Boris has installed 54 more of them THIS YEAR ALONE. There's over 850 of them now.

7 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Now you're getting somewhere.

The hard working will be fine....and I'm sure the scroungers will be too

You represent your favourite party well. 

Thanks to them and their Brexit the hard working will be lucky to get to their work.