More Tory lies

aussieh

3 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Why, well I blame the Lib Dems, because they abandoned the area to the Tories back in 2005.

Prior to that, this had been amongst the safest of safe Liberal & then the Lib Dem seats in the country, the seat of David Steel since the 60's until the late 90's when Michael Moore took over from him, then due to boundary changes the Lib Dems knew that they would lose the seat to the Tories, so they moved Michael Moore to the neighbouring constituency of Ettrick & Lauderdale & until the last GE it was still a Lib Dem seat, now even it's Tory.

Since 2005 we have had David Mundell as our MP, the Lib Dems now come 3rd/4th a long way behind the Tories whose only real challenge are the SNP, but even they seem to be waning as Mundell increased his majority at the last GE.

There are probably many reasons why he increased his majority and personally I wonder what part the large influx of retirees from England who seem to have moved into many areas of the Borders over the last decade or so have had on this.

Again there are probably many reasons why, cheaper houses, cheaper cost of living, many a free health care benefit which they have to pay for in England, but not for in Scotland.

Whilst there are many older people here in the Borders, good old NHS Scotland are keeping them alive for longer, hence why, unfortunately, I can't see any of the Border constituencies turning any other colour than blue for the forseeable, like it or lump it, it seems we are stuck with the Tories down here, and I can't see it changing any time soon.

Yeah I get it. I have absolutely no idea why Haddington & North Berwick vote tory in East Lothian🤔

• Replies 26.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Mighty Thor

• Victorian

• JudyJudyJudy

• Cade

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Cade said:

Tory voters in the Borders.

Who are mainly old and well off and middle class and white.

Lots of landed gentry in the Borders.

Quite a few retirees from all over the UK.

I'm quite willing to move the border just below the capital.

Nookie Bear
6 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I'm quite willing to move the border just below the capital.

Above please, then I wouldn’t get taxed so much 👍🏻

10 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Above please, then I wouldn’t get taxed so much 👍🏻

Alba it is 👍 Less tax rebate. :D

Maybe Glesga will have the baws to be a real capital. :whistling:

Edited by ri Alban

image.png.5a27188e9fd6502e00e6fa23c53eba35.png

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I mean, it's not even ambiguous wording, it just . . . :rofl:

How did this get through whatever advertising committees and boards and higher-ups and whatever in the party and end up in a train?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

29 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

image.png.5a27188e9fd6502e00e6fa23c53eba35.png

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I mean, it's not even ambiguous wording, it just . . . :rofl:

How did this get through whatever advertising committees and boards and higher-ups and whatever in the party and end up in a train?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:jj_facepalm:

These clowns run our country as well FFS

Edited by Pans Jambo

5 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

Within 10 seconds of seeing that train poster here, I was 100% certain it was a faked poster. 

You two ought to sharpen up. 

:lol: Dammit! But thanks for the wakeup call.

Thank goodness even they weren't that incompetent :rofl:

Many thanks to the artist, Foka Wolf, for the laughs, https://www.facebook.com/fkawlf/

Nookie Bear
9 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

:jj_facepalm:

These clowns run our country as well FFS

Seems they have the perfect audience 🤔

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

Seems they have the perfect audience 🤔

Well it is their “M.O.”!!!

35 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Tory MP Charlie Elphicke charged  with 3 counts of sexual assault.

The man suspended, then allowed back in just to vote in the no-confidence vote then immediately suspended again.

The Tories have no shame.

Seymour M Hersh
On 18/07/2019 at 18:48, Cade said:

Tory voters in the Borders.

Who are mainly old and well off and middle class and white.

Lots of landed gentry in the Borders.

Quite a few retirees from all over the UK.

A stereotypical rabid lefty trying hard to stereotype a region. Priceless. :rofl:

Couldnt put it any better. A little snake of a man. 

Proper tory. Same as them all. 

FA352878-14B3-4284-B36C-38C7D84BF458.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

So it seems this "extra" funding for the NHS in England that Boris is promising isn't even coming from the tory government but instead is the funds that the NHS trusts have been saving up from their allocated budgets and not allowed to spend previously. 

They now have the "permission" to release these funds that they have saved up themselves and can now spend it.

No EXTRA or NEW money, just the money that they've not been allowed to spend previously.

Snake oil salesmen. You couldn't make it up!

Edited by Pans Jambo

dobmisterdobster
On 10/07/2019 at 18:33, maroonlegions said:

Labour a head in the polls a general election around the corner so the BBC once again shows us it’s disgraceful impartiality by running a panorama documentary made by a ex sun newspaper journalist to attack the most un- racist man in politics .Transparent and desperate Stuff from the Tory propaganda machine .

Image may contain: 2 people, people standing and beard

What a difference a month makes. Scottish Labour are FIFTH in the polls. Predicted to get zero Westminster seats and single digits in Holyrood.

maroonlegions
2 hours ago, dobmisterdobster said:

What a difference a month makes. Scottish Labour are FIFTH in the polls. Predicted to get zero Westminster seats and single digits in Holyrood.

What  a difference  the right wing media makes,though, making up nonsense.

You seem a bit pissed off that actual Jews and a big number of them see Corbyns Labour as NON anti semitic. 

This man and his kind are the real enemies to the UK mate.

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling 

1 minute ago, maroonlegions said:

You seem a bit pissed off that actual Jews and a big number of them see Corbyns Labour as NON anti semitic. 

:facepalm: Remind us again WHO kicked off this whole Brexit thing way back when???

Oh aye, the tories. 

Now its everyone else's fault. A big boy did it and ran away!

Be that Sturgeon's fault shortly!!!

maroonlegions
1 minute ago, Pans Jambo said:

:facepalm: Remind us again WHO kicked off this whole Brexit thing way back when???

Oh aye, the tories. 

Now its everyone else's fault. A big boy did it and ran away!

Be that Sturgeon's fault shortly!!!

What the feck are you on about.

That was an attack on Rees MOGG. And yes May and some Tories are at fault.

:vrface:

7 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

What the feck are you on about.

That was an attack on Rees MOGG. And yes May and some Tories are at fault.

:vrface:

Yeah I know mate. Wasnt aimed at you!

Its amazing that they can even come out with the finger pointing after years of this pish that THEY caused!

dobmisterdobster
1 hour ago, maroonlegions said:

I have nothing to say about the antisemitism controversy so lets move on from that.

May negotiated a deal which permanently annexed one of the UK's nations into the customs union. JRM voted against the deal along with Labour, SNP, Lib Dems etc.

maroonlegions
1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

Yeah I know mate. Wasnt aimed at you!

Its amazing that they can even come out with the finger pointing after years of this pish that THEY caused!

:thumbs_up:

Weird, I just saw this video of Boris bloviating a few years ago about how a pound spent in Croydon is more valuable than a pound spent in Strathclyde. He was going on about his predecessors' out of control spending, their wasting of boom years, and so forth. A fair summation, I think you'd agree, of his party's so-called position on spending, given the austerity of the past near-decade.

image.png.b595665c49f54539cc34962e93139809.png

If the thread title fits . . .

maroonlegions
On 11/08/2019 at 11:34, Justin Z said:

Weird, I just saw this video of Boris bloviating a few years ago about how a pound spent in Croydon is more valuable than a pound spent in Strathclyde. He was going on about his predecessors' out of control spending, their wasting of boom years, and so forth. A fair summation, I think you'd agree, of his party's so-called position on spending, given the austerity of the past near-decade.

image.png.b595665c49f54539cc34962e93139809.png

If the thread title fits . . .

Breaking.

Image may contain: cat and text

9 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

you said bloviating . 

hilarious

Weird! That's an entirely American word? I just looked it up. Had no idea. :lol:

Unknown user
1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

State pension about to rise to seventyfeckingfive under these scumbags. Who votes for this mob.

That's fine if you work in an office, what about all the workies out there?

Just now, Smithee said:

That's fine if you work in an office, what about all the workies out there?

Climbing roofs til am 75. 60 years of pension dues for how many years retirement. Two?! 

32 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

State pension about to rise to seventyfeckingfive under these scumbags. Who votes for this mob.

Utterly ridiculous. These scum need hounded out of office. Where was it stated in their manifesto of lies that they got voted into power on that another 8 years would be added to your working life?

How many folk will live long enough to actually claim any of it?

They should be ashamed but they wont. 

Seymour M Hersh
37 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

No it's not. A private "think tank" came up with this theory not the government who have apparently ruled out any changes to the current 68.

10 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

No it's not. A private "think tank" came up with this theory not the government who have apparently ruled out any changes to the current 68.

The think tank have recommended 75, which will be put into peoples psyche, which will then become the norm. As it usually does, and no one says a thing.

A private Tory think tank. 

Edited by ri Alban

13 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Utterly ridiculous. These scum need hounded out of office. Where was it stated in their manifesto of lies that they got voted into power on that another 8 years would be added to your working life?

How many folk will live long enough to actually claim any of it?

They should be ashamed but they wont. 

The working class fecked again.

25 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

It's happening.

I dont mind paying my tax.

My national insurance.

I dont mind paying my mandatory private pension which amounts to another 1500 pounds a year .

I dont.

I've bigger shoulders than some.

What I do mind is that I pay in far more proportionally than those who earn and companies who post obscene profits than I do.

Not because I want to penalise rich people but because I want to live in a society that's not a rabid free for all.

Smithee makes a good point regarding workies and office workers in regard to ability to keep working to 75.

But it's a fraction of the overall picture.

Capitalism and the continued need for growth was forecast by Karl Marx to eventually squeeze until it could be squeezed no more.

The only fault with his prediction was that he di not foresee the environmental impact of the growth of population and the growing needs .

Think tanks are not government policy but they are reality.

Like it or not we are heading if we continue with appeasement of capitalist institutions a total fek up.

Too late to change that .

maroonlegions
6 minutes ago, jake said:

It's happening.

My national insurance.

I dont mind paying my mandatory private pension which amounts to another 1500 pounds a year .

I dont.

What I do mind is that I pay in far more proportionally than those who earn and companies who post obscene profits than I do.

Not because I want to penalise rich people but because I want to live in a society that's not a rabid free for all.

Smithee makes a good point regarding workies and office workers in regard to ability to keep working to 75.

Capitalism and the continued need for growth was forecast by Karl Marx to eventually squeeze until it could be squeezed no more.

The only fault with his prediction was that he di not foresee the environmental impact of the growth of population and the growing needs .

Like it or not we are heading if we continue with appeasement of capitalist institutions a total fek up.

Profit before people or the environment, it's the capitalist way. 

No change until the majority of the human race , not just governments or multinationals,  reverses this cancer.

14 minutes ago, jake said:

It's happening.

My national insurance.

I dont.

There's no incentive to have a pension.

22 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Profit before people or the environment, it's the capitalist way. 

No change until the majority of the human race , not just governments or multinationals,  reverses this cancer.

Too late .

Unfortunately buddy

1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Iain Duncan Smith's think tank.     Not exactly private,   eh?

1 hour ago, jake said:

It's happening.

My national insurance.

I dont.

No it isn't.

However it would mean radical change and due to the fact everyone is so short termed in their thinking it probably won't happen. It could though...

Just now, Boris said:

No it isn't.

However it would mean radical change and due to the fact everyone is so short termed in their thinking it probably won't happen. It could though...

It's too late.

And although Karl Marx foresaw what's happening he did not include population growth or the environmental catastrophe .

Yes with a miracle it could.

Governor Tarkin
9 minutes ago, Boris said:

It will happen. Necessity will make it unavoidable. Unfortunately the transition will be painful to much of humankind, and probably bloody.

But we'll get there.

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, Victorian said:

Iain Duncan Smith's think tank.     Not exactly private,   eh?

Sure it is. It's not a government department coming up with this. Doesn't matter if IDS is involved in the Think Tank or not it's a private organisation putting forward ideas.

1 minute ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Sure it is. It's not a government department coming up with this. Doesn't matter if IDS is involved in the Think Tank or not it's a private organisation putting forward ideas.

Aye ok.

Governor Tarkin
4 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

The more you tighten your grip, Tarkin, the more star systems will slip through your fingers.

:seething: