More Tory lies

aussieh

Governor Tarkin
37 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

Wrinkled News paper to wipe my backside. Paraffin heater in the bathroom on bath nights. Beans on toast the night before pay day. Cheese sandwiches for lunch at work with a handful of crisp crunched up to make it different. 

These days I own three properties outright with one of them in Tenerife. I worked bloody hard to put these days of making do a thing of the past and now I’m enjoying my hard earned money. 

Jambo-Jimbo is right. There will always be and always has been poverty on some people and some institutions. I’ve never yet seen or read a manifesto that will sort these problem out once and for all. Some people are greedy and some people are down right lazy others through no fault of their own struggle to get ahead. Sadly there is no one size fits all answer. That doesn’t mean we should go out our way to help those that are truly in need. 

Well done on getting your nose in front, mate. I love a good hard-work-paid-off successs story. ?

On your last point though, I hope you meant that we SHOULD go out of our way to help those that are truly in need?

• Replies 26.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Mighty Thor

• Victorian

• JudyJudyJudy

• Cade

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jambo-Jimbo
2 hours ago, Dannie Boy said:

Wrinkled News paper to wipe my backside. Paraffin heater in the bathroom on bath nights. Beans on toast the night before pay day. Cheese sandwiches for lunch at work with a handful of crisp crunched up to make it different. 

These days I own three properties outright with one of them in Tenerife. I worked bloody hard to put these days of making do a thing of the past and now I’m enjoying my hard earned money. 

Jambo-Jimbo is right. There will always be and always has been poverty on some people and some institutions. I’ve never yet seen or read a manifesto that will sort these problem out once and for all. Some people are greedy and some people are down right lazy others through no fault of their own struggle to get ahead. Sadly there is no one size fits all answer. That doesn’t mean we should go out our way to help those that are truly in need. 

It was 2004/2005 before we had anything which you could count as real spare money, 20+ years of scrimping and scraping, but you don't need me to tell you what that's like.

And now in part by working every hour I could manage I now my own house, no mortgage no rent and this means that finally we can do the things and go places which we always wanted to but never had the money to do so until now, a bit like yourself in some aspects, indeed a bit like many of our generation who weren't handed anything on a plate, no we worked fecking long & hard for everything we have now.

The Real Maroonblood
3 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Outside loos, fortunately only ever had to use one when visting my Grandparents who still had an outside loo, can always remember the cut up newspaper hanging on a hook ?, oh those were the days, thank feck they are long gone.

Yip, my own kids look at me as if to say 'yeh right' when I tell them about even into the early '80's and the little we had to set up a home, not just how little money we had but also household stuff to start with, things like carpet oddments in the middle of the floor, bean bags to sit on as we couldn't afford a table or chairs let alone a 3 piece suite or anything like that.  They don't have a scooby, and this is why I sometimes get angry when somepeople try and claim that things are worse now than they have ever been, presumably they weren't around in the 60's or 70's as I'd be surprised they would come out with statements like that, if they had been.

I just hope that the newspaper I used was the Daily Mail.

19 hours ago, John Findlay said:

So people are poorer. I grew up in Royston/West Pilton 1963-1979. I could play football in the street in those schemes as there was hardly a car on the street. Bairns can't do that nowadays as the streets of these schemes are crammed with cars. Now correct me if I am wrong but these two schemes are not seen as the most prosperous in Edinburgh. If the people are poor. How come the majority that live there have cars?

The never never.

John Findlay
56 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

It was 2004/2005 before we had anything which you could count as real spare money, 20+ years of scrimping and scraping, but you don't need me to tell you what that's like.

And now in part by working every hour I could manage I now my own house, no mortgage no rent and this means that finally we can do the things and go places which we always wanted to but never had the money to do so until now, a bit like yourself in some aspects, indeed a bit like many of our generation who weren't handed anything on a plate, no we worked fecking long & hard for everything we have now.

Certain posters don't want to hear that and you will be accused of having an I'm alright Jack attitude. 

There are many reasons why children are not being fed nowadays but one of the main ones you're not allowed to say out loud as you get jumped on by certain people who say you can't say that. Simple truth is. There are those out there not fit to be parents as the first thing they do is put their children last.

will-i-am-a-jambo
8 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

I would think that many on here can relate to how tough life was for some growing up in the 60's, 70's & 80's.

And this is the point I've been trying to make, a point which seems to me is being completely ignored by one particular poster.

Yes there is poverty in the UK right now, yes there is homelessness, yes there are welfare reforms, yes there is crisis in the NHS, in Education, in social care and so on and so forth, but 10, 20 30, 40, 50+ years ago there was still poverty in the UK, there were still people living on the streets, there has near enough always been a funding crisis in the NHS, in Education etc etc etc etc, all these problems and more didn't just start 10 years ago with Tory austerity, true because of austerity they have gotten worse in the last 10 years, but most of these problems have been around for decades and it seems to me that successive governments whether they wore a blue or red rosette have done precious feck all to tackle them, sure they have tinkered around the edges so they can claim to be tackling the issues, yet the same old issues of poverty, homelessness, funding crisis in the NHS etc etc remain from one government and from one decade to the next, irrespective of the colour of rosette whoever happens to be in charge wears.

For what it's worth that's my opinion, as bad as the Tories are Labour are no great shakes either, as things which government should be addressing seem to just carry on being an issue decade after decade and nothing ever really seems to get done about them, and I wouldn't be shocked nor surprised if that in 20, 30+ years time the same old issues of poverty, homelessness, NHS etc etc are still being argued over by either the Tories or Labour or whatever party there might be in the future, I would hope that I'm wrong, but going by past history of politics in this country I'm not too optimistic that any real change will happen.

It's an interesting point you raise about history repeating itself. That's human nature to a degree. Politicians seem particularly bad at repeating the same old mistakes and not learning from the past. You have to bear in mind if you have two main parties (who traditionally are polar opposites) and they are really the only show in town, is it really any surprise that 'nothing changes' if they are the only ones to govern? Perhaps it's time to vote for someone else to have a go and see if they can make a better fist of it.

will-i-am-a-jambo
1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

Certain posters don't want to hear that and you will be accused of having an I'm alright Jack attitude. 

There are many reasons why children are not being fed nowadays but one of the main ones you're not allowed to say out loud as you get jumped on by certain people who say you can't say that. Simple truth is. There are those out there not fit to be parents as the first thing they do is put their children last.

I hope you are not referring to me? I don't begrudge people who have worked hard and earned the right to have property and investment providing it's done in an ethical way. What I do mind, is how people go about it by trampling over others (less fortunate) to gain it. There's a difference!

Edited by will-i-am-a-jambo

Jambo-Jimbo
2 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Unfortunately there has always been parents who aren't fit to be parents, that I'm afraid is a sad fact of life.

maroonlegions
On 17/05/2019 at 19:20, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Unfortunately there has always been parents who aren't fit to be parents, that I'm afraid is a sad fact of life.

One of the MAIN reasons that children are not being feed is because of bad parents.

Typical Tories, blaming others for the 10 years of brutal austerity cuts on welfare and public spending on those who need it most. Were has the money came from for  the massive tax breaks for the rich, out of the  pockets already well off or those with feck all or those on the thin ice of poverty.

There are a lot of things that a lot of posters ,including tories on here that dont want to here or acknowledge  too.

10 Years of acute Tory  austerity on public services , schools the NHS and welfare, causing suffering and even deaths and an increase in homelessness.

Of course there are bad parents out there but they are not the MAIN reason that the increase in child poverty , 10 years of tory austerity is the MAIN reason. Was there not a UN finding on this. IS there an increase in bad parents then, if  there is can you and the rest of the Tories on here post evidence of this. For there is evidence for an increase in child poverty through those families, including those families in WORK visiting food banks.

There is evidence coming from school teachers saying there is a increase in kids coming to school who are hungry but cant afford lunch, not because of bad parents but because of poverty . Tory welfare forms is the MAIN reason.

I smell ANOTHER Tory cop out ,and the cowardly way out of even blaming those in poverty, that is THEIR fault,including the parents, already in poverty  for not  WILLFULLY feeding their kids properly , disgusting.

When you get child poverty action groups and organisations, who actually work and engage with those families, unlike football  fans oan a football forum,  saying child poverty has increased by this governments  DIRECT welfare reforms  then  those saying the MAIN reason of child poverty is because of bad or  irresponsible  parents  then one can be forgiven for thinking that they are  talking  shite.

Some reasons that i will never vote Tory and i would encourage others to not to so.

Unless you are able to fund  or AFFORD private health care or private health insurance don’t vote Tory.

Unless you are super-Rich and earn more in an hour than most of us do in a month don’t vote Tory.

Unless you believe that with several   comorbidities  including heart disease, diabetes, mental illness, digestive disorders and the associated diseases of just getting OLDER , you’ll find medical cover at a price you can afford on poverty pay, on your zero hours contract, on your tiny old age pension, or on your Universal Credit because you are not working, don’t vote Tory.

If you are rich enough, elite enough, connected enough, with hedge funds, endowments, assets over seas, instant access to moveable capital, don’t vote Tory.

If you do Vote Tony and you are left to suffer and die without our NHS then remember who and why  warned  you not to.

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, text that says "NHS KERCHING!"

Edited by maroonlegions

Jambo-Jimbo
On 17/05/2019 at 17:12, John Findlay said:

Jumped on you say...............see the future you can.

John Findlay
24 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Yes quite often. 

maroonlegions

So its all the fault of those nasty bad parents the Tory apologists cry.

Never this car  crash of a government's fault though, cop out , and cowardly  too.

UK poverty  and children charities , who are after all at the front line of fighting this injustice and advice centers have even came out and said  that the RISE in child poverty and hunger is the direct result of benefit sanctions, welfare cuts, the roll out of the draconian universal credit , lack of social housing , soaring rents from private landlords. 10 years of Tory austerity has its fingerprints all over the INCREASE in child poverty and hunger. 

When people try and defend this ,or spin it onto the parents, despite the evidence from those working in the front line of helping those in poverty they are actually defending insidious people like Ian Duncan Smith, the architect of welfare reforms and the insidious back to work assessments who have led to  people dying.   

Cruel Tories broke human rights laws by leaving kids to go hungry through welfare cuts, a top international watchdog claims today.

Delivering a scathing verdict on a decade of austerity, New York-based Human Rights Watch accuses the Government of breaching its duty to ensure the right to adequate food.

Hated welfare cuts are to blame for tens of thousands of poverty-hit families flocking to foodbanks, according to the powerful campaign group.

The United Nations Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights reveals: “The right to food is recognised in the 1948 Universal Declaration of 

Human Rights as part of the right to an adequate standard of living, and is enshrined in the 1966 International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights”.

But Human Rights Watch today confirms what campaigners have claimed for years: Conservative policies have left households, including those with children, without enough food to eat.

Pinning the blame on the Tories for slashing billions from vital benefits, Human Rights Watch’s Western Europe researcher Kartik Raj said: “This rise in hunger has the UK Government’s fingerprints all over it.

“Standing aside and relying on charities to pick up the pieces of its cruel and harmful policies is unacceptable.

Now lets see the evidence and stats that BAD PARENTING is the MAIN cause of child poverty and hunger.

WHY  are those child charities, social work departments and even schools not shouting the BAD PARENT blame from the roof tops.  

Edited by maroonlegions

maroonlegions

Wonder how many others  are affected by the same sanctions by the DWP , how many other disabled people are suffering because of these draconian welfare reforms and sanctions.  Good on this man though, had the time and baws to fight the DWP and win.

We are all in it together ,remember the Tories cried  before .

Governor Tarkin
6 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

5 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Yes quite often. 

An beneficial side effect of over exposure to top-secret, cold-war, experimental Naval radar.

Edited by Governor Tarkin

John Findlay
51 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

An beneficial side effect of over exposure to top-secret, cold-war, experimental Naval radar.

I cannot say. I'm still covered by the official secrets act.

John Findlay
6 hours ago, maroonlegions said:

Never this car  crash of a government's fault though, cop out , and cowardly  too.

UK poverty  and children charities , who are after all at the front line of fighting this injustice and advice centers have even came out and said  that the RISE in child poverty and hunger is the direct result of benefit sanctions, welfare cuts, the roll out of the draconian universal credit , lack of social housing , soaring rents from private landlords. 10 years of Tory austerity has its fingerprints all over the INCREASE in child poverty and hunger. 

When people try and defend this ,or spin it onto the parents, despite the evidence from those working in the front line of helping those in poverty they are actually defending insidious people like Ian Duncan Smith, the architect of welfare reforms and the insidious back to work assessments who have led to  people dying.   

Cruel Tories broke human rights laws by leaving kids to go hungry through welfare cuts, a top international watchdog claims today.

Delivering a scathing verdict on a decade of austerity, New York-based Human Rights Watch accuses the Government of breaching its duty to ensure the right to adequate food.

Hated welfare cuts are to blame for tens of thousands of poverty-hit families flocking to foodbanks, according to the powerful campaign group.

The United Nations Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights reveals: “The right to food is recognised in the 1948 Universal Declaration of 

Human Rights as part of the right to an adequate standard of living, and is enshrined in the 1966 International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights”.

But Human Rights Watch today confirms what campaigners have claimed for years: Conservative policies have left households, including those with children, without enough food to eat.

Pinning the blame on the Tories for slashing billions from vital benefits, Human Rights Watch’s Western Europe researcher Kartik Raj said: “This rise in hunger has the UK Government’s fingerprints all over it.

“Standing aside and relying on charities to pick up the pieces of its cruel and harmful policies is unacceptable.

Now lets see the evidence and stats that BAD PARENTING is the MAIN cause of child poverty and hunger.

WHY  are those child charities, social work departments and even schools not shouting the BAD PARENT blame from the roof tops.  

Because they are to scared too.

The likes of you will jump down their throats. Before you accuse me. I've never voted Tory in my life. There again ive never voted labour either. I'm very proud of both the's facts.

Edited by John Findlay

Governor Tarkin
55 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

The likes of you will jump down their throats. Before you accuse me. I've never voted Tory in my life. There again ive never voted labour either. I'm very proud of both the's facts.

You need to copy and paste some ill-informed guff from obscure fundamentalist websites before he'll pay any attention to you, John.

Jambo-Jimbo
37 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

It's not that people are scared, it's more that they don't want the grief, the hassle and the confrontation that comes from some posters.

We see the same on other threads, where if you don't agree with every word some people write your labelled a yoon, a tory, a racist, a homophobe, an islamaphobe or this or that or the next thing, and it's absolutely fecking pathetic.

Like yourself I've never voted tory in my life and I think I've voted Labour once maybe twice, in fact and I have said this before, more than once I might add, I have no love, faith or trust in any political party of any kind, if people can't or won't take that on board, then that says more about them than it says about me.

doctor jambo
7 hours ago, maroonlegions said:

Bad parenting INCLUDES having children when you know you cannot afford to feed or house or even vaguely look after them because of your personal circumstances - leaving social work, health professionals, the police and schools making up the shortfall.

Schools having to toilet train 5 year olds.

If you are struggling with one child, why have 2/3/4?

Or is family restriction due to  money only something that should fall on the middle classes?

doctor jambo

And the number of kids in care is rising, and the costs of it spiralling- and its not because the kids are hungry.

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, doctor jambo said:

Bad parenting INCLUDES having children when you know you cannot afford to feed or house or even vaguely look after them because of your personal circumstances - leaving social work, health professionals, the police and schools making up the shortfall.

Schools having to toilet train 5 year olds.

If you are struggling with one child, why have 2/3/4?

Or is family restriction due to  money only something that should fall on the middle classes?

Stop talking sense, Doc.

doctor jambo

though perhaps "bad parenting " is not fair.

Perhaps it could be rebranded "reckless and thoughtless reproduction"

doctor jambo

Its like the furore about the "bedroom tax"

When we had child 3, I should have written to my Mortgage company and asked for a 5 bedroom house so I could still have a spare room- not pay for it mind.

Would have been less uncomfortable than having a vasectomy

The Real Maroonblood
18 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

It's not that people are scared, it's more that they don't want the grief, the hassle and the confrontation that comes from some posters.

We see the same on other threads, where if you don't agree with every word some people write your labelled a yoon, a tory, a racist, a homophobe, an islamaphobe or this or that or the next thing, and it's absolutely fecking pathetic.

Like yourself I've never voted tory in my life and I think I've voted Labour once maybe twice, in fact and I have said this before, more than once I might add, I have no love, faith or trust in any political party of any kind, if people can't or won't take that on board, then that says more about them than it says about me.

Some of the grief that posters get is pathetic.

I’m sure some have given up posting because of that.

The thing is outside of the internet they wouldn’t talk to people like that.

48 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

I goes both ways, so save me the self pity.

Evil Esther McVey launching her bid to be the next Tory leader by promising to cut foreign aid (designed to prevent people from emigrating and coming to Europe in the first place), and giving it to schools and police forces instead.

Robbing the poorest to give to the poor.

A drop in the ocean of the money needed to fully fund education and law enforcement.

Children are an investment for any state.

The state helps parents pay the cost of raising the children, then gains far, far more in taxes over the course of the rest of their lives than was given in child benefit to raise them in their early years.

The Real Maroonblood
8 minutes ago, Cade said:

Evil Esther McVey launching her bid to be the next Tory leader by promising to cut foreign aid (designed to prevent people from emigrating and coming to Europe in the first place), and giving it to schools and police forces instead.

Robbing the poorest to give to the poor.

A drop in the ocean of the money needed to fully fund education and law enforcement.

If the £14.5 billion in overseas is correct it’s a hell of a lot of money.

2 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

If the £14.5 billion in overseas is correct it’s a hell of a lot of money.

She's cutting it back, not abolishing it.

The 5th largest economy in the world does not need to be taking money away from the poorest people on the planet.

There are better ways of redistributing its wealth.

The Real Maroonblood
44 minutes ago, Cade said:

She's cutting it back, not abolishing it.

The 5th largest economy in the world does not need to be taking money away from the poorest people on the planet.

There are better ways of redistributing its wealth.

She wants to cut it to £8.5 billion which is still a fair amount.

I’ve nothing against foreign aid as long as it’s policed properly.

Lord Heseltine has party whip removed for Lib-Dems comment.

Multiple cabinet ministers going off-message,  voting against government motions,  plotting against the PM,  etc etc.     Ignored.     Harmless peer makes perceived disloyal point... big tough guy act.

maroonlegions

Bang on.

DAhS4EPW0AQKIko.jpg

Memes, Terrorism, and ?: Corbyn once met and shook hands  with Saudi leaders who fund  terrorism...oh no that was Theresa May

Dj7KjaMXcAAtWiC.jpg

And she STILL does business with them. NO morals, no human empathy , money talks it seems.

The British Conservative Broadcasting Corporation will be holding a head-to-head televised debate for the Tory leadership race.

:cornette_dog:

Not even pretending to be impartial any more.

Jeremy Hunt coming up with a brexit approach that is 3 years too late

Others putting name forward, only to pull out, endorse who looks to  be winning candidate, in lieu of a cabi et position.

doctor jambo
On 21/05/2019 at 19:05, maroonlegions said:

Bang on.

DAhS4EPW0AQKIko.jpg

Memes, Terrorism, and ?: Corbyn once met and shook hands  with Saudi leaders who fund  terrorism...oh no that was Theresa May

Dj7KjaMXcAAtWiC.jpg

And she STILL does business with them. NO morals, no human empathy , money talks it seems.

Yes money talks , and socialism needs an awful lot of it.

better hope we up the old arms sales to pay for governmental spending hikes

manaliveits105

Hmmm maybe Sturgeon will follow after once in a generation statement or the SNP re self sufficient within 2 years 

can of worms opened - good 

politicians must be held to account for lies

But,   but,   all them no deal zealots insist that everyone was fully and accurately informed on what they were voting for.

indianajones
5 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Hmmm maybe Sturgeon will follow after once in a generation statement or the SNP re self sufficient within 2 years 

I am no Sturgeon fan by any means but what has she lied about? Her party has the mandate to explore independence as granted by the Scottish people through elections. 

'The union is the only way to guarantee Scotlands inclusion in the European Union'.  - Unionists and Mr. Cameron pre indy ref 1. 

Sturgeon did not lie regarding the 'once in a generation' statement. At the time it was true and now the goal posts have now moved. 

The Mighty Thor
5 hours ago, Victorian said:

But,   but,   all them no deal zealots insist that everyone was fully and accurately informed on what they were voting for.

Like Rees Mogg only yesterday spinning the WTO porkies like a good un.

Rancid. The lot of them.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
16 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

What lies?

The Real Maroonblood
17 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

:cornette_dog:

47 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Yeah that was kind of my thought. The timing is very awkward for him and probably pleasing for the rest of us!

I don’t think Bojo wants a hard exit, I’m not even convinced he wants to leave. I just think he has seen this as an opportunity to get himself the top job.

Bojo has never really appeared, to me, to care or stand for anything other than himself.

A true bastion of Toryism then!

:profit:

10 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Well I ain’t going to stand up for Bojo or Toryism

I will stand up for profit. Money makes world go round. 

We we all have different perspective but if i didn’t make profit, I would never have kept what I do going, I would never have been able to employ others, I would never have been able to re-invest in people and other resources and  give people opportunities and their life in general. It’s a essential component of growth and improvement.

Profit is not a issue, it’s sometimes what people do it with the problem.

Profit is not a dirty word.

I like money and that doesn’t make me evil, despite the narrative many like to create. 

Amyway back on topic the tories loes lies are going to ramp right up in this leadership contest lol. 

Money only makes the world go round, because it is what humans worship. If it didn't, the world would be a in far better condition.

Growth is the number one danger to the continued life of the human.

Edited by ri Alban