• Victorian

• JudyJudyJudy

• Cade

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

That was quoted in the tweet actually. 

Not on twitter so didn't know that.

Was there any comments about the light/white marks on their trousers?  Could easily be marks on the photo though.

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Not on twitter so didn't know that.

Was there any comments about the light/white marks on their trousers?  Could easily be marks on the photo though.

Lol don’t think so bud. 

A truly boak inducing picture I couldn’t look at it for long. There’s something really disturbing about that Gove. 

Hes defo a wrong un. 

2 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Lol don’t think so bud. 

A truly boak inducing picture I couldn’t look at it for long. There’s something really disturbing about that Gove. 

Hes defo a wrong un. 

You ain't wrong there, just something about him and I can't quite put my finger on it.

P.S. On second thoughts I think I'll keep my finger to myself, don't fancy spending 6 months in quarantine.  ?

The Thomson pest has denied all wrongdoing.   Appears to be hiding behind lack of any police complaints.    In all likelihood he's probably been assured the party 'inquiry' will be inconclusive.      And he will crawl back under his rock.

maroonlegions

Humpreys put back in his box then, Tories with a selective take and perception on the  history of British Labour polices.

Image may contain: 1 person, text

maroonlegions

Belter, this first grade w***** has already sated that he will stop Corbyn winning ant general election.  

Spoon bending prat.

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, people standing and text

?:greggy:

maroonlegions

And the BBC says its political reporting and programmes like Question Time are impartial .

Looking like its nothing more than a propaganda out let for the far right Tories.

The BBC has squandered it's reputation as an impartial public broadcaster.  

It has produced and still does some of the most thought provoking drama. Remember, When the Boat Comes in? The BBC as a current affairs, news, and political reporting medium is increasingly held up to contempt and ridicule.

Quite rightly so. It was Andrew Neil I understand, some time back lamented the criticism of the BBC. Yet he has been part of the problem. Fiona Bruce now fronting QT, no better.

What does the Beeb need? Assured independence, but... a completely new charter, a new code, a completely new board and a massive culling of what the Beeb euphemistically refers to as 'talent' in the news and current affairs division both in front of and behind the camera.

Image may contain: 3 people, people smiling, text

:jj_facepalm:

Edited by maroonlegions

16 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Belter, this first grade w***** has already sated that he will stop Corbyn winning ant general election.  

Spoon bending prat.

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, people standing and text

?:greggy:

He is a North Berwick laddie, bought The Lamb island a few years ago to set up a love nest with Michael Jackson.

Don't worry though because Labour have a similarily heavyweight in Eddie Izzard so these things even themselves up over the season.

maroonlegions
Just now, jb102 said:

He is a North Berwick laddie, bought The Lamb island a few years ago to set up a love nest with Michael Jackson.

Don't worry though because Labour have a similarily heavyweight in Eddie Izzard so these things even themselves up over the season.

Not worried a jot mate.

Eddie might be a lot of things but he aint no loony. That ^^^^ even claimed he made the ball move before Gary connected  with the ball at Wembley against England in the Euros 96.

Firm handed a chunk of privitized probation services has gone bust.

They had also been falsely categorising violent offenders as "low risk" in order to hit targets.

Another stunning piece of work from Grayling.

Interesting to see MPs from the other side of politics joining this new group. 

Makes me wonder how many others will be jumping ship. 

PMs answers to PMQ questions.

Oh look over here... anti-semitism.

Oh look over there... Scottish independence.

Oh look at that... Derek Hatton.

Woeful.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
31 minutes ago, Victorian said:

PMs answers to PMQ questions.

Oh look over here... anti-semitism.

Oh look over there... Scottish independence.

Oh look at that... Derek Hatton.

Woeful.

I assume the tories are only letting Charlie elphicke vote in line with the government, as long as he keeps his hands off the ladies. 

Edited by Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

Justine Greening and Dominic Grieve threaten to resign from the Tory party if a No-Deal happens.

Also claims being made that up to a THIRD of Tory Mps would follow.

:scenes:

On ‎16‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 19:44, Cade said:

Firm handed a chunk of privitized probation services has gone bust.

They had also been falsely categorising violent offenders as "low risk" in order to hit targets.

Another stunning piece of work from Grayling.

I've been on  the sharp end of tendering for contracts- large firms run tenders at a loss - they put in unsustainable bids to get the business. They do this for a number of reasons

1- it kills off the small guys so that in the next tender there is no competition so they can hike their price

2- it increases their "balance book" so their shares rise.

3- it increases the likelihood of getting more contracts

I don't believe any company should be allowed to tender for government contracts with a large debt,  or rather , with a history of running contracts at a loss

In November 2018, the Crown Prosecution Service received a file of evidence from the Metropolitan Police relating to an allegation that Christopher Davies, MP for Brecon and Radnorshire, falsified two invoices in support of Parliamentary expenses claims.

Following a review of the evidence, the CPS has today charged Mr Davies with two offences of making a false instrument and one offence of providing false or misleading information for allowance claims.

He will appear at Westminster magistrates’ court on 22 March.

:naughty:

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, Cade said:

Justine Greening and Dominic Grieve threaten to resign from the Tory party if a No-Deal happens.

Also claims being made that up to a THIRD of Tory Mps would follow.

:jjyay:

jack D and coke
23 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

See John Major speaking quite well about brexit, Scot independence in uk and general state of politics. 

Found myself agreeing with lot of it.

Where was this bud?

jack D and coke
10 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

I don’t mind John Major tbh. He was around when there seemed to be thoroughly decent Tories, where are they now?! Is there any? I laugh when people call Scottish nationalists divisive and hate filled. John Major was victim to one of the nastiest campaigns ever by labour where he was followed around and hounded ten times worse than anything the SNP have ever done to tories. 

The likes of Boris Johnson and Rees Mogg actually give me the heave they’re the ones that deserve the hounding. 

People who want the likes of those two controlling things and add that creepy little weirdo Gove into the mix and you still don’t vote to get out of this union then hell mend you. 

jack D and coke
48 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Some Scottish Nationalist are decisive and hate filled same as labour, cons, greens etc. It’s not because they’re Scottish nationalist, just that some people are that way; 

Every party and every largish group has these types. 

The problem is these types tend to be the most extreme and shoutiest, so it’s all most people notice. They like to create a characteure to avoid discussing the issue others often buy in to the group mentality.

Not all snp and cyber nats, shouting freedom and wanting send the English back home. Whilst not Torres a silver spooned posh boys who hate the poor and Scottish. 

These threads show that mentality perfectly. How often is the issue discussed, as opposed to just slagging of individuals appearance, background or some irrelevant point to the discussion to discredit the individual and hence the point. 

Faux moral superiority imho.

On your last paragraphs, I’ll be honest I put a lot more thought in how my vote would go than a personal opinion or Michael Gove or bojo, who could be out a job within 4 years. It’s a much bigger issue to me than some knob end torie tbh. 

Edit: this post wasn’t a dig more a general observation. Just realised could maybe be taken a different way than just my intended musing.

Wouldn’t take it as a dig pal it’s cool. 

Whike i agree to a point you can’t say personalities and people don’t influence your vote? Someone like Trump comes along? A leader as pathetic as Teresa May supported by utter wankers in Johnson, Rees Mogg and Gove? That lot make me want to throw up. 

All I ever hear up here too is people either liking or despising Nicola Sturgeon. It’s a huge part of the process. Maybe not necessarily a clever well thought out one but all the same. 

AlphonseCapone
13 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Whike i agree to a point you can’t say personalities and people don’t influence your vote? Someone like Trump comes along? A leader as pathetic as Teresa May supported by utter wankers in Johnson, Rees Mogg and Gove? That lot make me want to throw up. 

All I ever hear up here too is people either liking or despising Nicola Sturgeon. It’s a huge part of the process. Maybe not necessarily a clever well thought out one but all the same. 

There's research done that suggests people are influenced by both the personality and attractiveness of candidates. How much of that influences will vary person to person but I'd say we are all susceptible, even if subconsciously so we are unaware. 

jack D and coke
5 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

There's research done that suggests people are influenced by both the personality and attractiveness of candidates. How much of that influences will vary person to person but I'd say we are all susceptible, even if subconsciously so we are unaware. 

Of course we are. 

The Real Maroonblood
5 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

I don’t mind John Major tbh. He was around when there seemed to be thoroughly decent Tories, where are they now?! Is there any? I laugh when people call Scottish nationalists divisive and hate filled. John Major was victim to one of the nastiest campaigns ever by labour where he was followed around and hounded ten times worse than anything the SNP have ever done to tories. 

The likes of Boris Johnson and Rees Mogg actually give me the heave they’re the ones that deserve the hounding. 

People who want the likes of those two controlling things and add that creepy little weirdo Gove into the mix and you still don’t vote to get out of this union then hell mend you. 

4 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

Some Scottish Nationalist are decisive and hate filled same as labour, cons, greens etc. It’s not because they’re Scottish nationalist, just that some people are that way; 

Every party and every largish group has these types. 

The problem is these types tend to be the most extreme and shoutiest, so it’s all most people notice. They like to create a characteure to avoid discussing the issue others often buy in to the group mentality.

Not all snp and cyber nats, shouting freedom and wanting send the English back home. Whilst not Torres a silver spooned posh boys who hate the poor and Scottish. 

These threads show that mentality perfectly. How often is the issue discussed, as opposed to just slagging of individuals appearance, background or some irrelevant point to the discussion to discredit the individual and hence the point. 

Faux moral superiority imho.

On your last paragraphs, I’ll be honest I put a lot more thought in how my vote would go than a personal opinion or Michael Gove or bojo, who could be out a job within 4 years. It’s a much bigger issue to me than some knob end torie tbh. 

Edit: this post wasn’t a dig more a general observation. Just realised could maybe be taken a different way than just my intended musing.

Two very good posts.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
3 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Didn't the Nixon/Kennedy debates show this, depending if you watched it on TV or listened on the radio? 

AlphonseCapone
35 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Didn't the Nixon/Kennedy debates show this, depending if you watched it on TV or listened on the radio? 

Very possibly. JFK was probably the first in the smooth, charming, handsome type of politician mould. 

4 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

I read an article the other day about JM and his opinion on Scottish independence. I didn't realise it was from June 2014.

John Major brought peace to NI. He's a good guy, pity about his political opinion.

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

I read an article the other day about JM and his opinion on Scottish independence. I didn't realise it was from June 2014.

John Major brought peace to NI. He's a good guy, pity about his political opinion.

John Major, when he talks about Scottish independence and how against it he is, not for anything other than he truly believes in us being better in the union, it strikes a chord with me. Basically because I believe he’s one of the very few of them who actually truly values it. He never gets out of order or talks us down but I can see it would pain him to see us go. 

41 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

John Major, when he talks about Scottish independence and how against it he is, not for anything other than he truly believes in us being better in the union, it strikes a chord with me. Basically because I believe he’s one of the very few of them who actually truly values it. He never gets out of order or talks us down but I can see it would pain him to see us go. 

He was happy enough to be complicit in introducing the poll tax a year earlier up here. 

jack D and coke
58 minutes ago, Boris said:

He was happy enough to be complicit in introducing the poll tax a year earlier up here. 

Oooft forgot about that. 

Was it not Scottish Tories that we’re behind that? Might be wrong..

Cabinet minsters give May her 3 month's notice, telling her straight up that she has to go after the next local elections and someone else needs to "deliver the next stage of Brexit"

The Old Tolbooth
9 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Terrific post mate, agree with every word. 

Thunderstruck
57 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Oooft forgot about that. 

It was George Younger. His difficulties started in 1985 when a variety of factors resulted in deeply unpopular initial increases of 24% in domestic rates bills after the revaluation. 

He tried to fight off protests with Rates Relief but the damage was done and the campaign for change had a head of steam. 

It was that pressure the made him lobby the Cabinet to let the change happen ahead of schedule in Scotland. Thatcher, it seems, wasn’t keen but likely gave into to his request as she was already sensing divisions in her Cabinet and wasn’t as domineering as she had been earlier in her tenure as PM. 

jack D and coke
3 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

It was George Younger. His difficulties started in 1985 when a variety of factors resulted in deeply unpopular initial increases of 24% in domestic rates bills after the revaluation. 

He tried to fight off protests with Rates Relief but the damage was done and the campaign for change had a head of steam. 

It was that pressure the made him lobby the Cabinet to let the change happen ahead of schedule in Scotland. Thatcher, it seems, wasn’t keen but likely gave into to his request as she was already sensing divisions in her Cabinet and wasn’t as domineering as she had been earlier in her tenure as PM. 

??

Yeah had an inkling I’d remembered I’d read something like that somewhere. 

4 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Oooft forgot about that. 

Pre devolution so a Westminster decision. 

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, Boris said:

Pre devolution so a Westminster decision. 

Yeah but by Scottish Tories in what was the Scottish office wasn’t it? 

Iain Lang, Rifkind, Younger all that lot?

Edited by jack D and coke

10 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Oooft forgot about that. 

Thatcher the £##&.

jack D and coke
2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Thatcher the £##&.

Yeah it was under her government but like Thunderstruck says, initiated by the Scots in the Tory party/Scottish office at the time. Not really all Thatchers doing. 

27 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Yeah it was under her government but like Thunderstruck says, initiated by the Scots in the Tory party/Scottish office at the time. Not really all Thatchers doing. 

Didn't need much persuasion. And it's not like Scots Tory to defend mein Fuhrer policy imposed on 'We' Scots, as she said in an interview. :facepalm:

7 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Yeah but by Scottish Tories in what was the Scottish office wasn’t it? 

Iain Lang, Rifkind, Younger all that lot?

Maybe Scots Tories like Rifkind, Forsyth, Lang, Gove , Fox and Thunderstruck can explain why taking back our Laws, Money, Immigration and Sovereignty is great for Britain and isn't for Scotland. A bunch of traitors.

jack D and coke
31 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Maybe Scots Tories like Rifkind, Forsyth, Lang, Gove , Fox and Thunderstruck can explain why taking back our Laws, Money, Immigration and Sovereignty is great for Britain and isn't for Scotland. A bunch of traitors.

:lol: 

Jeremy Hunt congratulates Slovenia's transformation from a Soviet vassal state to a modern democracy.

Except that Slovenia wasn't in the USSR.

It was part of Yugoslavia and a member of the Non Aligned Movement during the cold war.

How do we keep appointing total idiots to ministerial roles?

• 2 weeks later...

Government's fracking policies ruled "unlawful" by the High Court.

Govt has basically totally ignored all scientific evidence and advice when pushing fracking.

It has also constantly refused to open any kind of public consultation.

2 hours ago, Cade said:

Government's fracking policies ruled "unlawful" by the High Court.

Govt has basically totally ignored all scientific evidence and advice when pushing fracking.

It has also constantly refused to open any kind of public consultation.

Wonder why?

Shareholders in government or brown envelopes?

Or both?

Yeah probably both!