• The Mighty Thor

• Victorian

• JudyJudyJudy

• Cade

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, Cade said:

Portugal, Italy and Spain being on that list rather mars the point the list is trying to make.

How come?

jack D and coke
2 hours ago, shaun.lawson said:

:clap: :clap: :clap: 

In some respects, the concept of money itself is a scam. It's not worth anything; it's an IOU. "I promise to pay the bearer the sum of..."

But 'sound money' is an even bigger scam. It's complete nonsense - which only became en vogue in the last 40 years. For hundreds of years before that, sovereign states spent what they wanted. And now, observe: the same people (the same politicians, the same journalists, the same commenters on here) who support Brexit because it'll "give us back our sovereignty" then instantly say "but Corbyn would wreck the economy because he'll spend money!" All the while ignoring that we've never lost our sovereignty, because we've never been part of the single currency. 

"Running a country is like running a household budget"? Few parties have ever been as skilled as the Tories at putting together simple slogans repeated ad infinitum which brainwash extraordinary numbers of people. "We have to live within our means". "Labour crashed the economy". "Labour ran out of money". "Welfare is a lifestyle choice". "Strivers and skivers". "Let's take back control". All of it is bollocks. All of it. 

Why is running a country absolutely not like running a household budget? Because unlike a household, when a country cuts spending, its income will fall too. If a country doesn't invest in technology, in modern materials and equipment, its productivity will fall. Lots of people probably imagine that "low productivity" means "lazy workers". It doesn't; not a bit of it. Productivity's been a massive problem in the UK for decades - and the reason is because we don't invest in the future, and we don't stay up to date with modern methods. 

After the Second World War, Britain was bankrupt. We had to go crawling on our hands and knees to Washington for a huge loan: John Maynard Keynes' last great service to his country. Yet despite being bankrupt, what did we do? We only went and created the entire welfare state and built homes galore: laying the foundations for a whole generation of prosperity. Well, that's funny - how did we do that? Answer: we spent to invest and we spent to grow. Economies do not grow sustainably without regular, substantial investment. And as sustainable growth increases a country's income, the tax take goes up, more money is available to spend, and it's a virtuous cycle.

Running a country, in fact, is a lot more like running a very large, modern business - and I can't help but wonder if all those who come out with shite such as "we've maxed out the credit card!" themselves borrowed to start and grow their own business, and themselves took out a mortgage. Strange how it's OK for them, but it's not OK for anyone else, isn't it?

Monetarism, sound money, neoliberalism? It's a massive con perpetrated on the people, which funnels wealth upwards - and combined with austerity, also destroys the supply side of the economy. It's quite astonishing that anyone would keep voting for more of the same - that anyone would keep voting to drink out of the same toilet bowl day in, day out - but that's the thing about humans. Goldfish learn more quickly.

Yep this is basically what I wanted to say. 

16 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

How come?

Cade's argument would presumably be that all three are economic basket cases. :laugh:

I'd question whether Spain or especially Portugal are now, though.

jack D and coke
22 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Cade's argument would presumably be that all three are economic basket cases. :laugh:

I'd question whether Spain or especially Portugal are now, though.

Funny how most people always assumed Ireland was too. The state unemployment benefit and pension over there is incredible compared to ours. You have to wonder what the government is doing to it’s people here and why. The Tories have convinced everyone they need to balance books and they are the only ones who can be trusted with the countries economy. 

It’s quite a trick they’ve managed to pull tbf. 

5 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

No doubt someone will be along to say this is not the tories fault...

F732AF7C-D732-43E2-8338-C316438CC1BE.jpeg

I think the Dutch stat is based on the individual contributing via employment contributions (which is mandatory )?

This is the basic Dutch pension, based on 50 years residency:

• Couples living together: Around 700 euros each gross per month (50 percent of the current minimum wage).
  • People living aloneAround 1.000 euros gross per month (70 percent of the current minimum wage).

None of that is to suggest that the UK pension is acceptable!

2 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

C10E9F4F-57DF-40A4-AEFE-F6563BFFA1ED.jpeg

"The diatribe we have heard from the benches today opposite, has been nothing but narrow party political point scoring that's achieved nothing for WASPI, nothing for those affected and only for the interests of the SNP, they deserve better."

59 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I think the Dutch stat is based on the individual contributing via employment contributions (which is mandatory )?

This is the basic Dutch pension, based on 50 years residency:

• Couples living together: Around 700 euros each gross per month (50 percent of the current minimum wage).
  • People living aloneAround 1.000 euros gross per month (70 percent of the current minimum wage).

None of that is to suggest that the UK pension is acceptable!

Yeah I couldn't be bothered picking it apart, but basically the Dutch pension is a three pillar arrangement made up of state, employer and employee contributions paying into private schemes, it's not the same as we understand it. 

Just now, Nookie Bear said:

"The diatribe we have heard from the benches today opposite, has been nothing but narrow party political point scoring that's achieved nothing for WASPI, nothing for those affected and only for the interests of the SNP, they deserve better."

See Fluffy was hounded out after visiting a foodbank in Dumfries. Little shit!

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/watch-angry-protesters-chase-scotlands-6130021?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar&fbclid=IwAR2GvBzLMF04z9KFOcgS5DqZUpVWUcy3By1gvOw1AA0OnQvwh9DWbru9byI

Whats next? Paedophiles helping out at maternity wards?

Edited by Pans Jambo

23 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

I am sure he has learned his lesson in the 3 and a half years since that actually happened. 

24 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

3 years ago.

maroonlegions

Desperate Tory trolls are everywhere, even turning up a fecking FOOD BANKS.

They have no morals , empathy or compassion fir anyone but their selves, they are truly the selfservatives.

Every thing is about them, every thing. 

Its like the boy who has just robbed your house turning up at fundraiser in aid of you.  :lol:

safe_image.php?d=AQA3PZssKWODLdP1&w=540&
:facepalm::vrface:

Hey you Tory  ****, just fecking beat it ya ******,    :lol:

Edited by maroonlegions

13 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Desperate Tory trolls are everywhere, even turning up a fecking FOOD BANKS.

They have no morals , empathy or compassion fir anyone but their selves, they are truly the selfservatives.

Every thing is about them, every thing. 

Its like the boy who has just robbed your house turning up at fundraiser in aid of you.  :lol:

safe_image.php?d=AQA3PZssKWODLdP1&w=540&
:facepalm::vrface:

Hey you Tory  ****, just fecking beat it ya ******,    :lol:

Over 3 years ago. 

Funny how two separate posters have suddenly chanced upon this “breaking news” at the same time though ?

47 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Over 3 years ago. 

Funny how two separate posters have suddenly chanced upon this “breaking news” at the same time though ?

Time doesnt change a shitehouse like him though. 

6 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Time doesnt change a shitehouse like him though. 

Maybe not. 

But presenting old stories as shocking new revelations, and quoting misleading pensions stats is just so very... Tory ☹️

Just now, Nookie Bear said:

Maybe not. 

But presenting old stories as shocking new revelations, and quoting misleading pensions stats is just so very... Tory ☹️

Who said it was new? How is the pension one misleading. We have the worst pension in the developed world but dont let the truth get in the way which would be oh so...tory. ?

7 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Who said it was new? How is the pension one misleading. We have the worst pension in the developed world but dont let the truth get in the way which would be oh so...tory. ?

I already told you how it was misleading. 

If you’re not going to carry out the most basic examination of the information in front of you then you’re no better than a Brexiteer who fell for the £350m NHS nonsense. 

And I still don’t understand how two different posters stumbled across the Foodbank story at the same time and could barely contain themselves in their rush to remind us of these shocking revelations. Strange. 

Unless...unless...?

18 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

If you’re not going to carry out the most basic examination of the information in front of you then you’re no better than a Brexiteer who fell for the £350m NHS nonsense. 

And I still don’t understand how two different posters stumbled across the Foodbank story at the same time and could barely contain themselves in their rush to remind us of these shocking revelations. Strange. 

Unless...unless...?

No you didnt. You said something about the Dutch pension. Still doesnt improve the position of the British pension being crap. 

As far as 2 similar postings Goes, I got mine from a FB page I follow. 

Unless unless??? Unless what exactly?

Labour/Tories...hard to tell them apart:

A Labour veteran and life peer who has gifted millions of pounds to Jeremy Corbyn’s party has donated £25,000 to the Scottish Tories.

Lord Sainsbury of Turville gave the money to the party’s Perth and Kinross branch (Printed in The Times). 

12 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Unless...unless...?

Heres another one for you to enjoy. No idea when this was taken either. Just shows a shithead pretending he gives a feck!

A188BD79-A272-45E1-A3DA-F71E97C9FC92.jpeg

The Real Maroonblood
56 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Heres another one for you to enjoy. No idea when this was taken either. Just shows a shithead pretending he gives a feck!

The scumbag has no shame.

jack D and coke

Has the Ross Thompson story been posted yet? Instagrammes?

:rofl: 

That laddie is an utter goon I nearly wet masel when I read that. 

Great name for the app incidentally?

46 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

3294C8F0-AD04-497E-A2E4-7B40D5331BD3.jpeg

A lot of Ireland's success is because it's become a tax haven though.

1 hour ago, shaun.lawson said:

Im sure the pensioners dont mind it one jot when they turn up the central heating though. 

Thunderstruck
3 hours ago, shaun.lawson said:

A very lucrative Corporation Tax Haven. 

The EU ambition to set a minimum Corporation Tax level and/or Trump’s tax reforms are likely to be far more damaging to the Irish Economy than Brexit. 

On 06/12/2018 at 07:55, Pans Jambo said:

Let’s hope Ann Budge doesn’t try and get any photo opportunities with the Big Hearts food bank, eh?

Edited by Nookie Bear

On ‎05‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 11:36, Pans Jambo said:

C10E9F4F-57DF-40A4-AEFE-F6563BFFA1ED.jpeg

Did they?

Or were they informed years ago that they would have to work to the same ages as men, yet ignored it.

When I graduated my pensionable age was 55 ( in psychiatry of all things)

it is now 67.

I also lost all my child benefit AFTER I had 3 kids- so there is decades of state benefit removed at short notice.

I'm not weeping for the imposition of equality.

The Tories are obviously fully committed to Universal Credit,   to their eternal damnation,  but you have to wonder why the latest roll-outs haven't been planned for the new year instead of the approach to Christmas.      Ideally even the spring.     The coldest weather is still to hit and heating has to be paid for.

The current day impacts of austerity are still very much there for some people,   despite the great announcement of it's demise.      

2 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

Did they?

Or were they informed years ago that they would have to work to the same ages as men, yet ignored it.

When I graduated my pensionable age was 55 ( in psychiatry of all things)

it is now 67.

I also lost all my child benefit AFTER I had 3 kids- so there is decades of state benefit removed at short notice.

I'm not weeping for the imposition of equality.

It's easy for you, you'd just punt more narcotics for your friendly neighbourhood pharmaceutical companies. 

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

It's easy for you, you'd just punt more narcotics for your friendly neighbourhood pharmaceutical companies. 

I'll have some, ta. ?

2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

And Alba is lucky I do...... with soaring obesity, diabetes, hypertension and amongst the highest mortality rates from drug and alcohol in Europe.....an independent Scotland is going to need more meds to stop our corpulent, drug addled population clogging Subway and Greggs up with our corpses

2 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

And Alba is lucky I do...... with soaring obesity, diabetes, hypertension and amongst the highest mortality rates from drug and alcohol in Europe.....an independent Scotland is going to need more meds to stop our corpulent, drug addled population clogging Subway and Greggs up with our corpses

Wha's like us, eh? :rofl:

Just now, ri Alban said:

Unless they're from Glesga, eh nooks.

They are dispensable, as far as I’m concerned. A drain on this country’s health and intelligence. 

Thank goodness the shadow of the Weegie is diminished within the greater UK. ?

1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

They are dispensable, as far as I’m concerned. A drain on this country’s health and intelligence. 

Thank goodness the shadow of the Weegie is diminished within the greater UK. ?

Aa' wee nookie has been slapped about by Glaswegians. One day you'll get over it.

19 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Aa' wee nookie has been slapped about by Glaswegians. One day you'll get over it.

Weegies would ask their kids s social workers to slap him about, as they need to be at the chemists for opening time.

maroonlegions
3 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

Another vile manifestation from the Tory ranks. 

Vitamin  tablet sales could rocket, though.:munny:

Edited by maroonlegions

7 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Another vile manifestation from the Tory ranks. 

Vitamin  tablet sales could rocket, though.:munny:

Hear ML, this Doc Jam is a psychiatrist. Pity anyone getting him. They're fecked.

maroonlegions
Just now, ri Alban said:

Hear ML, this Doc Jam is a psychiatrist. Pity anyone getting him. They're fecked.

:lol:

Some might say and all that.

45 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Like you’ll get over getting slapped about by the English. 

Maybe it was me? ?

10 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Maybe it was me? ?

They'll never be one capable. You're welcome to try. But I'd advise against, or you'll be seeing Doc Jambo.

maroonlegions
4 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

They'll never be one capable. You're welcome to try. But I'd advise against, or you'll be seeing Doc Jambo.

Related image

Image result for pictures of the outlaw king

20 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Maybe it was me? ?

Related image

29 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Related image

Image result for pictures of the outlaw king

Related image

:rofl:Thanks ML, you and nooks have cheered me up.