• The Mighty Thor

• Victorian

• JudyJudyJudy

• Cade

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Space Mackerel

They replacing them every year like?

We probably don't want to go down the route of initial price when the original discussion was around Holyrood costs......

Who was the party who oversaw that?

And the PFI schools and hospitals?

Arnold Rothstein

I couldn't care less which party oversaw it tbh.

How's that list of Holyrood fixing shite legislation from big bad Westminster coming along?

Edited by Arnold Rothstein

Thunderstruck

The SNP promised to replace PFI/PPP with a scheme based on issuing bonds.

Care to explain whether that sales pitch turned into action and, if not, how the ongoing NHS and education projects are funded.

Arnold Rothstein

I couldn't care less which party oversaw it tbh.

How's that list of Holyrood fixing shite legislation from big bad Westminster coming along?

Oi Spacey. ^^^^^^^

Space Mackerel

Oi Spacey. ^^^^^^^

I believe there are plans afoot to repeal the age that state benefit should be payed till after your 67th birthday.

Space Mackerel

What's his issue with Church leadership??

It's not Christian enough according to the Sevco supporter. :-/

If you follow the thread down, the CoS in response just linked the message sent by the Moderator. Even they find him tiresome.

So 26 million quid of taxpayers money a year and no new legislation passed in over a year. That is an absolutely shameful embarrassment.

I don't understand this. There has been one act passed 2017, the budget. In 2016 there were roughly 23 Asps passed. Does this mean they were all passed by April 2016?

Space Mackerel

Can't disagree with Ruth on that. Would rather it was on local issues.

But them boom - indyref2 was announced.

Meanwhile, Frank Ross is telling us he leads Edinburgh's "only party".

No one is talking about local policies.

It's a blight on all of them Spacey and a sign of how bad Scottish politics has gotten.

So SLAB want the SNP to win now? :rofl:

What a mess.

5c0cc1ff6c87cedec9ec4b214e46ce32.png

Arnold Rothstein

I believe there are plans afoot to repeal the age that state benefit should be payed till after your 67th birthday.

That's it? So they've not yet fixed any "shite legislation from down south" then?

Space Mackerel

That's it? So they've not yet fixed any "shite legislation from down south" then?

What laws would you like to see introduced?

Arnold Rothstein

What laws would you like to see introduced?

So you were wrong then aye?

Not sure why that's relevant? I elect representatives to make decisions on laws (in theory).

Space Mackerel

So you were wrong then aye?

Not sure why that's relevant? I elect representatives to make decisions on laws (in theory).

It's your own self to keep up with what goes on in the Scottish Parliament, I'm not going to sit here and spoon feed you for your daft trolling points. Plenty info out there.

Arnold Rothstein

It's your own self to keep up with what goes on in the Scottish Parliament, I'm not going to sit here and spoon feed you for your daft trolling points. Plenty info out there.

You've got nothing mate; other than a real issue with sentence structure and a constant inability to back up the points you make on here.

Space Mackerel

You've got nothing mate; other than a real issue with sentence structure and a constant inability to back up the points you make on here.

More Tory pish

45e9d6e5caf929fe7c9a5dfa608c2c60.jpg

But the Tory hopeful who's been deselected is Scottish and British [emoji23][emoji23]

Give up sonny.

Arnold Rothstein

More Space Fish pish

45e9d6e5caf929fe7c9a5dfa608c2c60.jpg

But the Tory hopeful who's been deselected is Scottish and British [emoji23][emoji23]

Give up sonny.

FTFY

So SLAB want the SNP to win now? :rofl:

What a mess.

5c0cc1ff6c87cedec9ec4b214e46ce32.png

Send a message for them to improve local services by not voting for them to give them a shock to get back to governing.

Send a message for them to improve local services by not voting for them to give them a shock to get back to governing.

Isn't it councils who provide local services? Sorry, just being a wee bit facetious. :thumb:

I just wish labour would attack the Tories a bit more. That's their natural language, but they seem incapable of doing so. Do that, then chip away at the SNP.

Seymour M Hersh

I just wish labour would attack the Tories a bit more. That's their natural language, but they seem incapable of doing so. Do that, then chip away at the SNP.

They're hardly fighting the Conservatives for their core vote. SNP on the other hand....Well that's the home of the mid to hard left now and of course where most of your party has defected to in Scotland. Possibly because of fat Eck's promise/lie that he could end Conservative rule in Scotland. How's that working out for your party?

They're hardly fighting the Conservatives for their core vote. SNP on the other hand....Well that's the home of the mid to hard left now and of course where most of your party has defected to in Scotland. Possibly because of fat Eck's promise/lie that he could end Conservative rule in Scotland. How's that working out for your party?

My party? You flatter me...

Given the Tories are just above labour due to their fixation with a referendum, it's probable that the swing to them to make them so feebly second is down to labour defections. Labour should be reminding these people what they are siding with.

They should be talking policy, not getting derailed by referendum talk. Ignore it, would be my advice.

Given the Tories are just above labour due to their fixation with a referendum, it's probable that the swing to them to make them so feebly second is down to labour defections. Labour should be reminding these people what they are siding with.

They should be talking policy, not getting derailed by referendum talk. Ignore it, would be my advice.

Labour should talk policy. Generally do. Get beat. Get told to focus on the constitution. Do. Get beat. Get told to focus on policy. Repeat.

The party should be arguing on policy lines all the time in Scotland. Against the SNP in Holyrood and Tories at Westminster. As I said a few pages back doing a Beveridge and picking 5 big issues (evils) and fighting the fight there would be ideal.

Corbyn was having a good week on policy till Abbott laid into the PLP on Friday. Dugdale and Corbyn need to just talk shop.

Isn't it councils who provide local services? Sorry, just being a wee bit facetious. :thumb:

Which is the point I'm making.

Thunderstruck

Is any of the info that is "out there" if any help to you in answering the question on PFI and the SNP?

Perhaps you have filed that under "too difficult".

Seymour M Hersh

There's only one party with, as you say, a fixation for a referendum Boris and you know it. 

There's only one party with, as you say, a fixation for a referendum Boris and you know it.

A Tory obsession. Everyone knows the SNP objective, but the Tories are using it in reverse and it's pushing all the labour vote(the ones who would never vote for Tory filth) to the SNP and The repeal of The Act of Union .

Tick Tock

No more scummy Tory vermin filth.

Mintit!

deesidejambo

Yip, It's the Tories!

The Tories are using the local elections as a mini Indyref poll. They are calculating that it will win them support and they could be right, but it's wrong to play this card in the locals.

All parties should stick to local issues and imo the more Independents who get voted in the better.

The Tories are using the local elections as a mini Indyref poll. They are calculating that it will win them support and they could be right, but it's wrong to play this card in the locals.

All parties should stick to local issues and imo the more Independents who get voted in the better.

Takes the attention off of rape clause Ruth I suppose.

Labour should talk policy. Generally do. Get beat. Get told to focus on the constitution. Do. Get beat. Get told to focus on policy. Repeat.

The party should be arguing on policy lines all the time in Scotland. Against the SNP in Holyrood and Tories at Westminster. As I said a few pages back doing a Beveridge and picking 5 big issues (evils) and fighting the fight there would be ideal.

Corbyn was having a good week on policy till Abbott laid into the PLP on Friday. Dugdale and Corbyn need to just talk shop.

This is better

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-39623276

Radio Ga Ga

So 26 million quid of taxpayers money a year and no new legislation passed in over a year. That is an absolutely shameful embarrassment.

I actually made a mistake, the running costs of the Scottish Parliment for the year ending 31 March 2016 were over ?75M per annum = ?1,446,000 Per Week, outstanding value for our taxes, not! - Source  - http://www.parliament.scot/help/61877.aspx

deesidejambo

Takes the attention off of rape clause Ruth I suppose.

Not sure about that. I think the rape clause may be seen by the majority as a crude attempt to solve a problem caused by the overall restriction of payments.

Not sure it has massive traction in terms of overall voting intent.

However tapping into the anti-Indy population may gain more votes than they lose.

I actually made a mistake, the running costs of the Scottish Parliment for the year ending 31 March 2016 were over ?75M per annum = ?1,446,000 Per Week, outstanding value for our taxes, not! - Source  - http://www.parliament.scot/help/61877.aspx

Why isn't it VFM?

By 31 March 2016 there had been about 30 acts passed by the parliament from April 2015 to March 2016.

Not sure about that. I think the rape clause may be seen by the majority as a crude attempt to solve a problem caused by the overall restriction of payments.

Not sure it has massive traction in terms of overall voting intent.

However tapping into the anti-Indy population may gain more votes than they lose.

I suspect they may have plateuxed there.

deesidejambo

I suspect they may have plateuxed there.

They definitely have but not sure the Council elections have caught up with that.

I will be voting Indy.

Er, Independent candidate of course.

Space Mackerel

Is any of the info that is "out there" if any help to you in answering the question on PFI and the SNP?

Perhaps you have filed that under "too difficult".

"Now is not the time"

:rofl:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Radio Ga Ga

Yip this one is a beauty.

17904505_1911064412505820_24070756375309

:qqb006:

What about Nicoliar saying she would not put forward a proposal for an Indy referendum unless there was a clear will of the people of Scotland?

Thunderstruck

"Now is not the time"

:rofl:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

What was I thinking! I should have known better than expect a straight answer.

What about Nicoliar saying she would not put forward a proposal for an Indy referendum unless there was a clear will of the people of Scotland?

Arguably they showed their clear will when the SNP won the Holyrood election with the manifesto committment rgeards material change etc etc etc

Thunderstruck

Arguably they showed their clear will when the SNP won the Holyrood election with the manifesto committment rgeards material change etc etc etc

A brave attempt at The Illusion of Truth Effect

It certainly is arguable. They won by having the most seats, not the majority of votes (as discussed, that election was partly on FPTP).

They only have a "parliamentary will" thanks to the Greens. There is no "popular will".

A brave attempt at The Illusion of Truth Effect

It certainly is arguable. They won by having the most seats, not the majority of votes (as discussed, that election was partly on FPTP).

They only have a "parliamentary will" thanks to the Greens. There is no "popular will".

I think you'll find it hard to find any government that has popular will.