More Tory lies

aussieh

SwindonJambo

Not a very good branch office either with Kezia and Jeremy at loggerheads over indy2 and the Section 30 request.

An utter shambles of a party now.

I 100% agree with your final sentence Spacey Mac. It certainly suits your agenda in Scotland but for rUK it's a very bad thing as it means that the thoroughly insipid Party in Power can get sloppy, make boo boos and comfortably remain in Power. Dominance by a single party is never a good thing in any political sphere. It never ends well.

• Replies 26.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Mighty Thor

• Victorian

• JudyJudyJudy

• Cade

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Space Mackerel

I 100% agree with your final sentence Spacey Mac. It certainly suits your agenda in Scotland but for rUK it's a very bad thing as it means that the thoroughly insipid Party in Power can get sloppy, make boo boos and comfortably remain in Power. Dominance by a single party is never a good thing in any political sphere. It never ends well.

I actually think that Jeremy Corbyn isn't that bad a choice down South given the MSM bias that's been adopted since he took the reigns over at Labour, there's definitely an agenda set against him in tv and the usual print media., it's pretty obvious.

He's probably the only decent left winger that can resurrect Labour up here, Kezia is an utter disaster, some saying SLAB are on 14% now.

SwindonJambo

I actually think that Jeremy Corbyn isn't that bad a choice down South given the MSM bias that's been adopted since he took the reigns over at Labour, there's definitely an agenda set against him in tv and the usual print media., it's pretty obvious.

He's probably the only decent left winger that can resurrect Labour up here, Kezia is an utter disaster, some saying SLAB are on 14% now.

Kinnock began his career on the left but moved closer to the middle ground later. As an elder statesman he always says that you must win the middle ground to win an election, albeit too late to become PM himself, something which was within his grasp in 1992 until his career ending brain fart in Sheffield the Sunday night before the election, which he later admitted regretting.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-39531021

Jeremy Corbyn is a dreadful choice for down here. He may be popular with his party membership, but Labour voters are now deserting the party by the million, including me. As a Lanarkshire boy, I will never vote Tory after Maggie's mob left us to rot in the 80s. I'll probably end up voting for the Monster Raving Looney Party if they field a candidate here.

Scotland has always been a bit further left than rUK though so the middle ground is much smaller.

Edited by SwindonJambo

Space Mackerel

Kinnock began his career on the left but moved closer to the middle ground later. As an elder statesman he always says that you must win the middle ground to win an election, albeit too late to become PM himself, something which was within his grasp in 1992 until his career ending brain fart in Sheffield the Sunday night before the election, which he later admitted regretting.

Jeremy Corbyn is a dreadful choice for down here. He may be popular with his party membership, but Labour voters are now deserting the party by the million, including me. As a Lanarkshire boy, I will never vote Tory after Maggie's mob left us to rot in the 80s. I'll probably end up voting for the Monster Raving Looney Party if they field a candidate here.

Scotland has always been a bit further left than rUK though so the middle ground is much smaller.

Well, I'm not any Labour political strategist but if I lived in Swindon I would be inclined to pledge my vote to JC, maybe the Greens or Lib Dems.

SwindonJambo

Well, I'm not any Labour political strategist but if I lived in Swindon I would be inclined to pledge my vote to JC, maybe the Greens or Lib Dems.

The Monster Raving Looney Party bit was a joke. I've never seen them field a candidate in my seat (Wantage, big rural seat near Swindon). I'll probably vote Lib Dem by default even though I think Tim Farron's a completely anonymous lightweight.

Swindon has 2 MPs- North & South. Both were Labour throughout Blair & Brown's time but both turned blue in 2010 and have remained so ever since. Swindon is very much a barometer town politically.

Dugdale will be dug meat after these council elections mate.

She won't. There's no one else. Equally, changing leadership will only work if there is a change in direction and a change in attitude. At present I see little evidence of that occurring.

That doesn't mean anything. Still a branch office and as long as there is a UK labour party. SLAB will be a branch office.

That means nothing. The party in Scotland is fully autonomous. Reforms have happened to that effect.

Space Mackerel

The Monster Raving Looney Party bit was a joke. I've never seen them field a candidate in my seat (Wantage, big rural seat near Swindon). I'll probably vote Lib Dem by default even though I think Tim Farron's a completely anonymous lightweight.

Swindon has 2 MPs- North & South. Both were Labour throughout Blair & Brown's time but both turned blue in 2010 and have remained so ever since. Swindon is very much a barometer town politically.

Tim Farron is an anonymous lightweight given the amount of media coverage he gets compared to the big two though. I've always voted SNP since I could bar once to get Tory Blair into power the first time, best to stick with your convictions.

Good to hear you're not a Tory though [emoji106]

:spoton:

I think the Liberals stand a good chance of winning a lot of Labour and moderate Tory seats in any coming election.

Labour are alienating themselves from too many liberal voters to go anywhere. Worrying times for the left of UK politics.

Space Mackerel

She won't. There's no one else. Equally, changing leadership will only work if there is a change in direction and a change in attitude. At present I see little evidence of that occurring.

I think SLAB are in need of a major change in direction. The Greens could overtake them soon. I dunno how you cannot see this? Edited by Space Mackerel

Agreed. You win from the centre.

I disagree on the leftier Scotland though. The policies proposed by the SNP as an opposition Westminster party were certainly to the left. Their policies a year later in 2016 to win office - from tax and spend to health, housing and welfare - are solidly centrist policies.

I think SLAB are in need of a major change in direction. The Greens could overtake them soon. I dunno how you cannot see this?

Spacey read my posts. I've stated repeatedly it's not working right now. There's no coherence in policies and no overarching vision to work to.

What I'm saying to you is without someone else offering a change in direction then changing the leader is pointless.

Replace her with who? Sarwar? Baillie? Kelly? None will do any better. All will do the same stuff. Only one who may be different is Findlay. But he seems a bit quiet of late.

Space Mackerel

Spacey read my posts. I've stated repeatedly it's not working right now. There's no coherence in policies and no overarching vision to work to.

What I'm saying to you is without someone else offering a change in direction then changing the leader is pointless.

Replace her with who? Sarwar? Baillie? Kelly? None will do any better. All will do the same stuff. Only one who may be different is Findlay. But he seems a bit quiet of late.

Politics is something that never stands still, I'm sure you'll agree?

Why SLAB have is something I can't get my head around hence their current position these days.

Will you be voting for them in the Council Elections?

SwindonJambo

Tim Farron is an anonymous lightweight given the amount of media coverage he gets compared to the big two though. I've always voted SNP since I could bar once to get Tory Blair into power the first time, best to stick with your convictions.

This is my MP. He is an absolute tosser. Just an anonymous over privileged drone, picking up his MP salary, no small expenses and some nice consultancy work on the side. He has a title and his father was a Labour peer , even though he's Tory himself.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ed_Vaizey

Politics is something that never stands still, I'm sure you'll agree?

Why SLAB have is something I can't get my head around hence their current position these days.

Will you be voting for them in the Council Elections?

After reading the Edinburgh manifestos I'll likely be providing support to Labour, Lib Dems and Greens.

I agree politics never stands still but I really don't think you're getting what I'm telling you - if there is no prospect of any change in direction under a new leader I see little point in changing leader.

SwindonJambo

Paddy Pantsdown and Cleggy Pie got much more publicity then Tim Farron as both had a bit of charisma and their party held far more seats during their respective times at the helm. They will now become a fringe irrelevance, winning the odd seat by dint of a protest vote as they did recently over Zac Goldsmith's support for the 3rd Heathrow runway. That hoisted their seat count from 8 to 9. As JamboX 2 says, they may pick up a lot of votes from disaffected habitual Labour voters.

Space Mackerel

After reading the Edinburgh manifestos I'll likely be providing support to Labour, Lib Dems and Greens.

I agree politics never stands still but I really don't think you're getting what I'm telling you - if there is no prospect of any change in direction under a new leader I see little point in changing leader.

I was going to vote according to the manifestos of the local candidates but seeing as Labour and the Torys are supposedly making this to be a referendum on a referendum, they will not be getting my vote. They'll be ranked last.

Both need to grow up, it's embarrassing canvassing from the pair.

Space Mackerel

This is my MP. He is an absolute tosser. Just an anonymous over privileged drone, picking up his MP salary, no small expenses and some nice consultancy work on the side. He has a title and his father was a Labour peer , even though he's Tory himself.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ed_Vaizey

We agree, he sounds like an absolute tosser.

This is what is wrong in politics now, MP's are not from normal jobs and walks of life these days. They barely represent the common man/woman.

Space Mackerel

Paddy Pantsdown and Cleggy Pie got much more publicity then Tim Farron as both had a bit of charisma and their party held far more seats during their respective times at the helm. They will now become a fringe irrelevance, winning the odd seat by dint of a protest vote as they did recently over Zac Goldsmith's support for the 3rd Heathrow runway. That hoisted their seat count from 8 to 9. As JamboX 2 says, they may pick up a lot of votes from disaffected habitual Labour voters.

Nah, I don't buy that. There is a definite MSM bias against Corbyn and Farron and Sturgeon and pretty much anything else that disagrees with the British/English state, more so post Brexit.

SwindonJambo

We agree, he sounds like an absolute tosser.

This is what is wrong in politics now, MP's are not from normal jobs and walks of life these days. They barely represent the common man/woman.

Many if not most politicians nowadays are career politicians with little or no employment experience outside politics. It is not healthy. All Parties are guilty and it's happening in other countries too.

Believe me, disaffection with the cosseted Westminster bubble is not confined to Scotland- far from it. We are just 80 miles West of London here and even here people feel alienated. No doubt it's much worse in the North of England.

Space Mackerel

Many if not most politicians nowadays are career politicians with little or no employment experience outside politics. It is not healthy. All Parties are guilty and it's happening in other countries too.

Believe me, disaffection with the cosseted Westminster bubble is not confined to Scotland- far from it. We are just 80 miles West of London here and even here people feel alienated. No doubt it's much worse in the North of England.

I think you're now getting the jist why we want to get away from Westminster rule with the above post. It's nice to have these options given the circumstances. :)

I was going to vote according to the manifestos of the local candidates but seeing as Labour and the Torys are supposedly making this to be a referendum on a referendum, they will not be getting my vote. They'll be ranked last.

What do you expect when for near 3 months all we've heard from the SNP is independence. Not surprising given that's their only reason for being. Equally true given the recent comments of Frank Ross, SNP Leader in Edinburgh. https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/opinion/frank-ross-check-the-name-on-ballot-paper-when-you-vote-1-4414408/amp

Nothing on policy. Nothing on aims for the city.

It'll be interesting in Edinburgh I think. I think Labour's overall crisis will hit them here resulting in more SNP, LibDems, Greens and Tories.

Space Mackerel

What do you expect when for near 3 months all we've heard from the SNP is independence. Not surprising given that's their only reason for being. Equally true given the recent comments of Frank Ross, SNP Leader in Edinburgh. https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/opinion/frank-ross-check-the-name-on-ballot-paper-when-you-vote-1-4414408/amp

Nothing on policy. Nothing on aims for the city.

It'll be interesting in Edinburgh I think. I think Labour's overall crisis will hit them here resulting in more SNP, LibDems, Greens and Tories.

That's nothing but a puff piece of news and hardly worth reading.

Meanwhile...how times change eh? This from 2012.

d3624565b83c17f701790515be852a3a.jpg

Edited by Space Mackerel

That's nothing but a puff piece of news and hardly worth reading.

Meanwhile...how times change eh? This from 2012.

d3624565b83c17f701790515be852a3a.jpg

Can't disagree with Ruth on that. Would rather it was on local issues.

But them boom - indyref2 was announced.

Meanwhile, Frank Ross is telling us he leads Edinburgh's "only party".

No one is talking about local policies.

It's a blight on all of them Spacey and a sign of how bad Scottish politics has gotten.

Space Mackerel

Can't disagree with Ruth on that. Would rather it was on local issues.

But them boom - indyref2 was announced.

Meanwhile, Frank Ross is telling us he leads Edinburgh's "only party".

No one is talking about local policies.

It's a blight on all of them Spacey and a sign of how bad Scottish politics has gotten.

I've actually seen plenty social media posts from SNP MSP's, MP's etc all saying vote to the what you think is right for yourself and locally. I'll be honest, haven't seen one mentioning indy2. Plenty from SNP supporters though.

On the other hand...

886339c63c71f2914758c38d49544d51.jpg

Edited by Space Mackerel

SwindonJambo

I think you're now getting the jist why we want to get away from Westminster rule with the above post. It's nice to have these options given the circumstances. :)

No, SOME of you want to get away from Westminster. it may well build to a majority one day. However, frustrating as Westminster is, Holyrood is far from perfect either. Over 100 MSPs, all on over ?60 grand a year plus expenses plus a nice cushy pension building up and they haven't passed any new legislation in over a year. The whole shebang must cost well over 10 million quid a year or run. It wouldn't matter what party I supported but I'd be FURIOUS about that and so should everyone else be with the whole bunch of them, regardless of Party. No new legislation is a disgrace for any Parliament and it begs the question, "what's the point of it?". At the moment it's just an expensive talking shop.

Edited by SwindonJambo

Arnold Rothstein

Why are you going to rank them at all?

Arnold Rothstein

No, SOME of you want to get away from Westminster. it may well build to a majority one day. However, frustrating as Westminster is, Holyrood is far from perfect either. Over 100 MSPs, all on over ?60 grand a year plus expenses plus a nice cushy pension building up and they haven't passed any new legislation in over a year. The whole shebang must cost well over 10 million quid a year or run. It wouldn't matter what party I supported but I'd be FURIOUS about that and so should everyone else be with the whole bunch of them, regardless of Party. No new legislation is a disgrace for any Parliament and it begs the question, "what's the point of it?". At the moment it's just an expensive talking shop.

I'm not defending either parliament here but MPs are just as entitled to work expenses as the rest of us. It's the abuse of the system that should be rightly scorned.

Radio Ga Ga

The running costs of the Scottish Assembly at Holyrood is ?500,000 PER WEEK!

Radio Ga Ga

Why are you going to rank them at all?

Should be 1, 2, 3 anyone bar the SNP (and the wee Snatzs the Greens)

Arnold Rothstein

Should be 1, 2, 3 anyone bar the SNP (and the wee Snatzs the Greens)

The SNP certainly won't be ranked on my ballot paper.

Trapper John McIntyre

The SNP certainly won't be ranked on my ballot paper.

The SNP are rank full stop.

He's an arse, power has turned his head.

Another yin caught using foul language and racism on social media [emoji849]

Is that 8 now? Whit they like eh?

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/politics/scottish-politics/407101/tory-candidate-apologises-for-facebook-posts/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Add Fergus Mackenzie.

And Murdo Fraser(Wants people to vote UKIP before The Saviours of Scotland)

How desperate.

Space Mackerel

Add Fergus Mackenzie.

And Murdo Fraser(Wants people to vote UKIP before The Saviours of Scotland)

How desperate.

This Murdo Fraser?

7436bd72064469750643c58d48f75af8.jpg

Another yin caught using foul language and racism on social media [emoji849]

Is that 8 now? Whit they like eh?

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/politics/scottish-politics/407101/tory-candidate-apologises-for-facebook-posts/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Here Mack, did you see Trapper and The Shedditte Onionists in Wishaw at the weekend? Edited by aussieh

SwindonJambo

The running costs of the Scottish Assembly at Holyrood is ?500,000 PER WEEK!

So 26 million quid of taxpayers money a year and no new legislation passed in over a year. That is an absolutely shameful embarrassment.

So 26 million quid of taxpayers money a year and no new legislation passed in over a year. That is an absolutely shameful embarrassment.

Don't worry there'll be plenty in 2 year time. The Great UK repeal bill being the first of many.

John Findlay

That means nothing. The party in Scotland is fully autonomous. Reforms have happened to that effect.

They still take their lead from London and always will. SLAB has to divorce UKLAB or it will fall into oblivion.

Don't worry there'll be plenty in 2 year time. The Great UK repeal bill being the first of many.

Nah. Really won't be.

Space Mackerel

?9m. What are your thoughts on no legislation being passed at Holyrood in such a long time Macks?

Thought you Torys weren't a fan of big Government interference anyways?

Arnold Rothstein

Thought you Torys weren't a fan of big Government interference anyways?

They should probably be doing something though eh? Even just a little bit?

Space Mackerel

They should probably be doing something though eh? Even just a little bit?

$33 million a jet. How many is there? 16 or something?

Most the parliaments time is taken up fixing the shite legislation sent up from down South.

Arnold Rothstein

$33 million a jet. How many is there? 16 or something?

Most the parliaments time is taken up fixing the shite legislation sent up from down South.

Examples pleeeeease.

Also, where the feck are you getting $33m per jet per year from?