:cornette:

Rick James

Whats the gist of the article ? I've blocked them :D

That Hibs are the big team in Edinburgh now and they run this city. :rofl:

I'm on the mobile version of kickback if someone could be kind enough to copy and paste?

Heartsmad1874

Scottish football is indeed a weird and mysterious place, where the trolls are ever lurking.

Just when we were looking for a fairytale ending to our Scottish Cup antics against Them, we end up in a horror story.

Since vanquishing the Big Team (yes, honestly, that's what they call themselves) we have been nothing but woeful.

Last night's defeat to St Mirren was on the cards and highlighted a problem we seem to be encountering all too often: an inability to get ourselves pumped enough against so-called lesser opposition.

Neil Lennon could just as easily have taped his rant after the draw with Raith Rovers and replayed it last night.

We have now offered Dundee United, Falkirk and Morton some hope of catching us. Accruing a measly three points out of a possible 12 is not title-winning form.

Three draws and a loss at this stage of the season should be a disaster in a title push and we have just been lucky that the teams around us are failing to capitalise.

It's true that we have been unlucky with injuries, but then so has everyone else.

For us, this has meant a little dabble into the emergency loan system first with Kris Commons coming into the fold for four weeks and now Efe Ambrose travelling along the M8 to Leith.

Injuries to Paul Hanlon, Jordan Forster and now Liam Fontaine means that we only have one recognised centre half in Darren McGregor, who by the way is suspended for the Scottish Cup quarter final against Ayr on Saturday.

Had we not been able to use the emergency loans we would have had no centre backs at the club. Neil Lennon has let Andrew Porteous go on loan to Edinburgh City and can?t be recalled. Calum Crane, although a good prospect, is not ready to go into the dogfight we are currently in.

Fans of other clubs have been quick to criticise Hibs for this, as if somehow we are cheating, but Hibs have not broken any laws. Our Scottish Cup win brought bigger crowds and with it more cash to try and get out of this league at the third time of asking. That our club is being run prudently should be a cause for celebration, not derision. It is to what we want all our clubs to aspire to ultimately after all.

Hibs might now run this city, but we want to be strolling the Championship the way we should, given our budget, manager and playing staff.

Luckily we had those barnstorming games against Hearts in the cup to keep our hopes up. The derby at Easter Road proved we are more than capable of competing, but somehow we've not been able to take that into the bog-standard league games.

The major positive has been the wailing from Gorgie, their 1-5 comfort blanket having been kicked off the bed. Reality has bitten hard for the Russian-hat wearing fantasists who believed Vladimir Romanov's promise of Champions League football.

Craig Levein is using all his tactical genius (4-6-0) to pick the players and the team for his clueless, floundering gibber-monkey Ian Cathro to take the flack.

The much-vaunted Cathro?s prized laptop is currently serving as the loneliest mirror on the planet.

Hibs will forever be in their shadow, the triumphalist maroon hordes kept telling us. 'We are Edinburgh's Big Team', they hollered to anyone who would listen.

Well, Hibs are the last team in Edinburgh to win a derby, the last team to win a Scottish Cup, the last team to win a League Cup, the biggest attendance in the past decade in Edinburgh football was at Easter Road and even one of the the biggest attendances, if not THE biggest, at, wait for it, Tynecastle in the past decade.

Now, at last with a level financial playing field, the tables appear to have turned.

We might just even be the best Wee Team in the world.

We're certainly the best in Edinburgh.

RAMBLINGS OF A MAD MAN :lol:

Jesus christ. That is embarrassing even by the records impeccably low standards. Bitter hibby trying to do a hatchet job. Reads like the pent up ramblings of a mad man.

'Calum Crane, although a good prospect, is not ready to go into the dogfight we are currently in. '

So there was another centre back available and rather than promote a youth player Lennon gets to perpetuate the tiny tims tag you are growing for yourselves?

Good one. Well played.

The Comedian

Are folk going to ague they don't have the indian sign over us right now like?

It's a baw kicker that we've allowed them ample justification for getting wide like this, complete with dropping out keks in the Scottish last year. Rotten scenes.

Samuel Camazzola

If the guy is looking to be clever and roll out facts, at least get them right. The biggest attendances in Edinburgh football was at Murrayfield featuring HMFC.

buzzbomb1958

It's a baw kicker that we've allowed them ample justification for getting wide like this, complete with dropping out keks in the Scottish last year. Rotten scenes.

At the moment they are championship keek so they are playing crap week in and week out,borrowing players off their Glasgow *** brother cos they can't cope ,cup games yes but then along come bottom of the league St midden and hammer them 2-0 goin on 4 ,Dafty should keep his gob shut until they come up its not a done deal yet

If the guy is looking to be clever and roll out facts, at least get them right. The biggest attendances in Edinburgh football was at Murrayfield featuring HMFC.

He cant get his own player's name right either - 'Andrew Porteous'.

Lucille's Thirsty

This is the reason I detest getting beat off them,this is what we've got to put up with anybody with a brain stem knows Hearts will always rule in Edinburgh we need to put them into the ground every time we play them or we see this garbage all the time.

Oh......the level financial playing field thing dropped in near the end.

Anyone want to tell the **** when 17 and 22 in a row happened?

It may be codswallop but I used to rarely see or hear from hibs fans out my way, now I see guys I went to school with In hibs clobber for first time in 20 odd years.

Old guys walking their digs wi hibs scarves etc etc.

Need put back in their place rapidly. Their fair weather fans are not half crawling out the woodwork

They are getting wide and we've let it happen

They really don't know how to win do they.

:gok:

Shite like this will make our win in the next game even better.

Oh......the level financial playing field thing dropped in near the end.

Anyone want to tell the **** when 17 and 22 in a row happened?

They've got in there heads that we've been financially doping since the Mercer years.

It's one of those repeat a lie a thousand times and it becomes the truth. They are very fond of those.

They've got in there heads that we've been financially doping since the Mercer years.

It's one of those repeat a lie a thousand times and it becomes the truth. They are very fond of those.

exactly. They like to distort the truth to try and justify their point.

Hope your not referring to the Barca friendly 56k?

Easter Road H1b5 V Hearts on the 02/01/1950 attracted 65K.

Bowmans_Boot

We have brought this type of thing upon ourselves, with our dreadful cup performances and abysmal derby displays.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Hope your not referring to the Barca friendly 56k?

60k Hearts though

:smugger:

queensferryjambo

Why does this Hibs blog concentrate so much on us? Surely with Hibs flying so high just now we shouldn't even be on their radar.

As for the shite about the biggest attendances at ER and Tynecastle - they were in derby games and of course Hearts fans have nothing to do with these attendances. They should really look to their attendances week in and week out rather than in the big games against 'the big team'.

As for them being so proud of their attendances we only have to look to a few seasons ago when I went to Easter Road and thought I had got kick off time wrong as nobody seemed to have told Hibs fans there was a game on that day - 14,000 at a derby including Hearts fans PATHETIC.

Photos from first half of the LOYAL Hibs supporters who support their team through thick and thin - note the absence of the loud mouthed glory seekers on that day.

27042014786_zps1zs50c81.jpg

27042014785_zpsdeum0lje.jpg

27042014789_zpsyxgefdud.jpg

zoltan socrates

The biggest attendance at a football match in the last ten years was surely when we played barca, we had around 10k more than the slime could muster a year later, if we are getting pedantic and asking for competative games rather than friendlies then again when we played AEK in the champions league qualifier, thats right hobbits, big teams flirt with europe, not get pumped out 9-0 of some fishing team from a scandanavian backwater

You have and can do nothing but laugh at them, last team to win the scottish cup ? Aye good one, in that time from first to last, how many times did we win it? They are obsessed with being labelled the wee team, they doth protest too much im afraid

Our suffering is temporary, theirs is interwoven into their dna

Losers

queensferryjambo

The biggest attendance at a football match in the last ten years was surely when we played barca, we had around 10k more than the slime could muster, 

Losers

Hibs attendance against Barcelona was 23.390.

The Hearts attandance was only  34,500 more with an attendance of 57,857.  

zoltan socrates

Hibs attendance against Barcelona was 23.390.

The Hearts attandance was only 34,500 more with an attendance of 57,857.

I did not know that, and they object to the wee team monicker? They were two stadiums worth of people behind us? What a ****ing joke they are, but hey its a friendly, friendlies dont count, just like ten two 'doesnt count'

When they can participate in even the eqrly stages of a champions league tie i mofht listen to them, theyll need a few 22 in a rows and theyll need to hump us into embarrasment infront of the world in a major cup final too

Scabby eggnchips *******s

He forgot to mention Hibs were the last edinburgh team to get completely and utterly humiliated in an all edinburgh Scottish cup final.

Bowmans_Boot

He forgot to mention Hibs were the last edinburgh team to get completely and utterly humiliated in an all edinburgh Scottish cup final.

Cant we have new great moments to taunt them with, rather than shouting, "5-1!!!!" when they bring up their SC win, their dominance over us at present, the fact that they have won the LC three times since we last did? I want new successes to boast about, rather than one which is almost five years ago. 

Lucille's Thirsty

Cant we have new great moments to taunt them with, rather than shouting, "5-1!!!!" when they bring up their SC win, their dominance over us at present, the fact that they have won the LC three times since we last did? I want new successes to boast about, rather than one which is almost five years ago.

:spoton:

Our supporters are turning into Hibs fans with this taunt,we don't rely on one result,we want constant results against them to taunt.

He was declaring lots of hibs facts....I was highlighting one he missed and no ill never stop the 5-1 chat. It's a shame we let them breath again. They were 2 minutes from death in the first game at Tynie before we conspired to resuscitate them. No Scottish cup and hibs were officially a wee shitty lower league team for a very long time.

Samuel Camazzola

Hope your not referring to the Barca friendly 56k?

He alluded to the last decade.

GorgieRules22

They've beat us 3 times in the last 10 and they have spent three seasons in the Championship.....we're is the tide turning ?? It's a laughable blog best ignored, better listening to Hibbies that go and watch there team every week they actually know the score.

Bowmans_Boot

He was declaring lots of hibs facts....I was highlighting one he missed and no ill never stop the 5-1 chat. It's a shame we let them breath again. They were 2 minutes from death in the first game at Tynie before we conspired to resuscitate them. No Scottish cup and hibs were officially a wee shitty lower league team for a very long time.

He was stating that they have knocked us out of the Cup two years running: correct. He was stating that they are currently the dominant team in the derby: correct. He was stating that they had won the LC far more recently than us: correct.

We respond with, "Aye, but 5-1!!!!" Pretty sad stuff and I want, and expect more from Heart of Midlothian.

As I posted earlier, we have brought absolutely all of this upon ourselves by bottling the derbies and being utterly shite in the cups (to the point of describing them as league warm up matches at times). 

Bowmans_Boot

They've beat us 3 times in the last 10 and they have spent three seasons in the Championship.....we're is the tide turning ?? It's a laughable blog best ignored, better listening to Hibbies that go and watch there team every week they actually know the score.

The Hibs fans that I know certainly seem to know the derby results from the last couple of years, unfortunately! 

He was stating that they have knocked us out of the Cup two years running: correct. He was stating that they are currently the dominant team in the derby: correct. He was stating that they had won the LC far more recently than us: correct.

We respond with, "Aye, but 5-1!!!!" Pretty sad stuff and I want, and expect more from Heart of Midlothian.

As I posted earlier, we have brought absolutely all of this upon ourselves by bottling the derbies and being utterly shite in the cups (to the point of describing them as league warm up matches at times).

So we forget about one of the most momentous days in the club's long and proud history because hibs are better than us in derbys at the moment.

You are reekin mate.

queensferryjambo

I get what you are saying but since Hibs have gotten better results the last 2 seasons Hearts fans seem to have forgotten everything since 5-1.

We have beaten them 5 times since 5-1. Two of those wins effectively threw them into the relegation zone and they went down. We also got promoted from the Championship at the first time of asking when they are still stuck there in their 3rd season of lower division football.

Even if we start beating Hibs again it isn't going to be by big goal margins or in cup finals for a very very long time.

Hibs fans still sing about 6-2 - I have seen Hearts beat Hibs by a 4 goal winning margin 5 times and I would only ever think the 5-1 in the Cup Final is worthy of mention.

What are we meant to sing about? 1-0, 2-1 and 2-0 wins? 

5-1 hurts them more than any other result in the history of the clubs and we shouldn't use it against them?  

Unknown user

So we forget about one of the most momentous days in the club's long and proud history because hibs are better than us in derbys at the moment.

You are reekin mate.

BB knows his stuff, he's hearts.

He does have a right tendency to give other clubs the benefit of the doubt though right enough - maybe it'll extend to Hearts one day!

Bowmans_Boot

You are reekin mate.

No. We demand that we have new successes and victories to shout and sing about, we don't sit back on the glory of 19/05/12. That day was superb, magical and of course we can look back on it with pride and happiness. I don't, however, see it as a valid counter to, "We put you out the Cup being 2-0 down with ten minutes to go and then won it".

Why exactly am I "reekin"?? 

BB knows his stuff, he's hearts.

He does have a right tendency to give other clubs the benefit of the doubt though right enough - maybe it'll extend to Hearts one day!

I wasn't suggesting he was a hibs just actually steaming on the drink to suggest we put 55-1 to bed!

GorgieRules22

I love how they call 5-1 our comfort blanket because there bang on...whenever I'm down I put that game on and why not, it's the biggest Derby in the history of both clubs and we massacred them.

That game will always be brought up because there's not going to be another Derby in our lifetimes like that.

Bowmans_Boot

I get what you are saying but since Hibs have gotten better results the last 2 seasons Hearts fans seem to have forgotten everything since 5-1.

We have beaten them 5 times since 5-1. Two of those wins effectively threw them into the relegation zone and they went down. We also got promoted from the Championship at the first time of asking when they are still stuck there in their 3rd season of lower division football.

Even if we start beating Hibs again it isn't going to be by big goal margins or in cup finals for a very very long time.

Hibs fans still sing about 6-2 - I have seen Hearts beat Hibs by a 4 goal winning margin 5 times and I would only ever think the 5-1 in the Cup Final is worthy of mention.

What are we meant to sing about? 1-0, 2-1 and 2-0 wins? 

5-1 hurts them more than any other result in the history of the clubs and we shouldn't use it against them?  

Because I am sick of failing and hearing 5-1 used as a comfort blanket. It didn't comfort me one little bit last Wednesday, or the two derbies last season, or the final derby of the previous season.

I am used to dominating them, beating them and humiliating them and I want more of that.

John Findlay

Behave yourself. For a comedian you're as funny as a broken leg.

Bowmans_Boot

I wasn't suggesting he was a hibs just actually steaming on the drink to suggest we put 55-1 to bed!

Read my last post. I am absolutely sick of hearing 5-1 used as comfort when it hasn't comforted me at all with these latest debacles. 

Caspian Primrose

They will never erase 5-1. It'll haunt them forever. It trumps anything they've got on us.

I get what Bowmans saying, make sure we beat them the next time we're playing.

Gloat about that like normal, probably more than usual next time, and then bring up 5-1.

The way you see people go on is very hibs with 7-0esk in the way that they've just beaten us and we're going on about when we beat them half a decade ago, albeit the biggest game of all time but it had **** all to do with what's heppening now.

Archived