What is certain posters problem with playing youngsters???

Walter Bishop

Walter Bishop

Im sick to death when myself and others post that we should give young players a run in the team and then we are shot down in flames by the "scared of change brigade", whats the feckin problem with giving Branny, Copil, Rapnik, Templeton, Mcgowan, Husband, Visconte an extended run in the team? They are not going to do any worse, they wont get relegated and im sure it will be more entertaining than watch the pesh we are being subjected to at the moment!!

Dont hit me with the they are too young ******, if they are good enough(which none of us know) then they are old enough.

I think these so called Hearts fans that dont want to see the young guys in the team are the ones you find on a saturday screaming at Miko,Robbie,Berra,Jose,Stewart etc etc and wouldnt know what to do with themselves if they had nobody to shout and moan at!!!

COME ON STEVIE FRAIL --- GIVE YOUTH A CHANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

maltese jambo

i think considering Frail was at least a decent youth coach, he more than anyone at hearts should know whether or not they are good enough to step up to the first team.

the fact that none of them have done leaves me extreamly worried that they are actually worse than what we have at the moment...

and quite frankly that scares the sheiet out of me

chester copperpot
Im sick to death when myself and others post that we should give young players a run in the team and then we are shot down in flames by the "scared of change brigade", whats the feckin problem with giving Branny, Copil, Rapnik, Templeton, Mcgowan, Husband, Visconte an extended run in the team? They are not going to do any worse, they wont get relegated and im sure it will be more entertaining than watch the pesh we are being subjected to at the moment!!

Dont hit me with the they are too young ******, if they are good enough(which none of us know) then they are old enough.

I think these so called Hearts fans that dont want to see the young guys in the team are the ones you find on a saturday screaming at Miko,Robbie,Berra,Jose,Stewart etc etc and wouldnt know what to do with themselves if they had nobody to shout and moan at!!!

I think mostly people are scared of these young bits of talent getting exposed in rather a wrong way.

If we played them just now, we would not be bleeding them into the team, they would have to come in and perform straight away. That could potentially be damaging to their career's if that happened.

Me, I've seen enough of the talented one's to realise that this would not happen, and they'd be able to cope with the situation. In saying that, I'd only want a couple exposed, not like 4 or 5.

chester copperpot
i think considering Frail was at least a decent youth coach, he more than anyone at hearts should know whether or not they are good enough to step up to the first team.

the fact that none of them have done leaves me extreamly worried that they are actually worse than what we have at the moment...

and quite frankly that scares the sheiet out of me

They are not worse than we have though, most people who go to the U-19's games will confirm this.

Elliot, Wallace, Jonsson have all been considered good enough to step up. The current team situation has hardly helped them, has it? You've got to think of their situation long term, not just throw them to the wolves cause the alternatives are playing poorly.

I've not posted anything about or youth players before but the reasons i wouldn't like to see them in the team just now are similar to Andy's.

Bringing in youth in a time of crisis will do nothing but put the rest of their careers in jeporday.

I remember a young right-back (can't rmember his name) getting his debut against Motherwell in a 6-2 (I think) defeat at Motherwell. Never saw him again after that.

Maybe giving a few of them a few games towards the end of the season, if we have nothing to play for, would work but putting them in now and expecting them to perform is not a good idea.

Especially with the way some of our home support go nuts at some players when they don't perform.

You mean the same way that elliot has got his chance ?

The reason why you don't play them is because in a team that is playing pish the last thing you do is call up youth players !

Tynecastle is vile, right now, good pros are getting booed week in week out , why would you expose younger non experienced players to this?

We have good young players at the club, we should bring them thru the right way,

If we don't have a better young right back than Neilson Riccarton should be closed!!!

We have! Jonathan Brown!

Archived