1,409 members have voted

1. 1. Poll - Should Cathro STAY or GO

• We should have patience and he should STAY
    • This is a failed experiment he should GO

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Captain America

It would be ******* mental to sack someone after 10 games.

What about 14 games?

We have only won 4 games out for 14.

1 against a Rangers team in turmoil.

1 against a Motherwell team who lost 5 goals in 45mins against Dundee.

1 in extra time against a championship team who hadn't won since God knows when.

And Kilmarnock.

I am not 100% saying he should go but ultimately football is results based business and they just haven't been good enough.

When these polls were about Neilson,he had results to back him up even if football wasn't always the greatest.

What about 14 games?

We have only won 4 games out for 14.

1 against a Rangers team in turmoil.

1 against a Motherwell team who lost 5 goals in 45mins against Dundee.

1 in extra time against a championship team who hadn't won since God knows when.

And Kilmarnock.

I am not 100% saying he should go but ultimately football is results based business and they just haven't been good enough.

When these polls were about Neilson,he had results to back him up even if football wasn't always the greatest.

Just one point. Rangers weren't in turmoil when we beat them. Our win sent them into turmoil

way out west jambo

it's too soon to sack him. I've voted to give him more time but i'm really concerned. His inability to change the style or system when it's clearly not working, especially when just coming out from the half time team talk is alarming. The new signings are really questionable as well. Goncalves has had glimpses on being a good signing however, he's been really poor the last few games. Martin looks woeful, Sowah looks really suspect and cost us a goal today. 

If we can't win one of our next 2 games at home to Ross County & Hamilton then this is when we should change things. 

I'm all for trying new things and cathro's appointment was alternative, interesting & showed that we're trying to be progressive however, if it's not going to work, lets not drag it out and potentially risk losing ticket revenue as a result. Give him the next 2 home games and if we get pumped and the players seem unresponsive and not interested, empty him in time for the Aberdeen game.

Captain America

Just one point. Rangers weren't in turmoil when we beat them. Our win sent them into turmoil

True on that. They had good results up to our game.

Some baffling choices today . Hughes didn't make it so he plays a left back at centre half and a centre half in midfield .Sowah struggled all day .

Goncalves had clearly lost the plot and should have been hooked instead of Currie . Red card was coming.

It takes a while for new ideas and players to be embedded, you need to give the coaching team time. As much as anything else once you become trigger happy you are never going to attract anyone ambitious or of a decent pedigree, you become a Leeds Utd.

Couple of things to ponder. We have let a large amount of players go but none of them have progressed since they left us. This suggests that our previous manager may have been significantly better than many people gave him credit for. Also, what do people think the realistic ambitions of the club are? For me it is consistently top 4, looking to win a cup (which was why Wednesday was so devastating).

Same with the Neilson poll I'm reluctant to say either way because for me the one we need rid of is Levein, get rid of Cathro and you're looking at another young rookie with little or no managerial experience so what is the point?

Anyone who thinks he should go is ****ing stupid.

:lol:

Aye, anyone who think Hearts should win matches is crazy right enough. Or we could just keep losing under Cathro - it would be madness otherwise of course.

Not enough cornettes for your post :lol:

Shitebags Kickback surfaces again.....

Looking like a shite appointment at the moment but the club have always said he will get time and he should be given more time.

Media would have a field day but I'd like Levein to be more hands on involved for the rest of the season.

Most Levein moaners don't actually know what they are talking about on that front.

If thats the case then it would be nice to know how much money Hearts have been hemorrhaging in wages over the last 2 years on players who shouldnt be near a Hearts team. The turnover in players is now getting embarressing. Thats down to 1 man only.

Sorry OP but this is a shite thread and it's only a gauge of JKB, not the actual support.

Seasons over, let's see how he does next season.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Sorry OP but this is a shite thread and it's only a gauge of JKB, not the actual support.

Seasons over, let's see how he does next season.

I'll be fuming if he's here for pre-season.

Stay.

Rip the team up during the end of season and start on a clean drawing board.

I see something in Cathro and I believe he can make us successful.

Fuming but I voted him to stay as there is no point changing again..come the end of the season he can go..depending on what happens from now till the end

Not wanting to read the rest of this thread but Cathro'so not the problem.

We're losing the values on the pitch from the club that made it so special to be in the stands giving our support. That's due to one man and it's not Ian Cathro. It's the guy currently trying to wave his twig of wood to fix things and probably actually believing it has magical powers.

Let's just remember we got pumped out of Europe by a team from sodding Malta.

We aren't good.

Transitional period etc ....

I would rather get rid of the players and levein and give Cathro this summer and the start of next season. If no improvement then he can go too

:lol:

Aye, anyone who think Hearts should win matches is crazy right enough. Or we could just keep losing under Cathro - it would be madness otherwise of course.

Not enough cornettes for your post :lol:

Because sacking a manager for losing 2 games on the bounce is normal behaviour right enough. :lol:

The Future's Maroon

Media would have a field day but I'd like Levein to be more hands on involved for the rest of the season.

Most Levein moaners don't actually know what they are talking about on that front.

Tin hat on, but I agree with these comments 100%.

I'll be fuming if he's here for pre-season.

To suggest him getting punted already is ridiculous. It won't happen anyway.

I've every confidence that he'll turn things around so let's give him that chance at a fresh new season.

Just a quick gauge on the feeling of the support.

As the title states should we stick with Cathro and believe in his longer term vision OR should we admit this is a failed experiment and there is no point sticking with it?

Sometimes the seagulls follow the fishing boat , this time don't blame the collie on his first day with the sheep on the hill ,

I was one of those who thought appointing Cathro was a bad idea from day 1. But having been appointed he does deserve until the end of the season - or at the very least a few more games to try and turn things around.

Why? It's clear the guy just doesn't have it!

He has had fewer than 15 games ffs. I am not saying it will work out for him but you never know.

Also why bring another manager into the middle of this mess, why contaminate him by making him part of this season.

His embarrassing gestures to out fans following his debut defeat at Ibrox sums the prick up. Thinks he can sweet talk the fans. All talk no delivery. Cut our losses.

kingantti1874

Let's face it. Every team in the league, bar Celtic, is generally bogging but plays well occasionally. They all have good runs and very poor runs. We are no different from the rest. From 3rd down to 12th they are identikit shit and the relegation spot is a total lottery. The point being that Cathro may not be a brilliant manager but who, in this league, is?

This experiment may not work but we have to give it a full season to assess surely?

Given hearts enjoy 4/5/6 times the income of some of these clubs before the fan subsidy I don't think that's an acceptable outcome.. he should get to the end of the season.

Remember when we had a poll and the majority thought we should keep 'Lockie'? We're ****ing idiots.

By the way, Cathro and Levein are staying put - no matter what a few internet Hearts fans spew on a forum.

Heartsmad1874

I said at the time of the appointment that we would need to be patient, that's proving to be the case.

Theres being patient and then theres losing 2 nil to Partick Thistle.

This guy is so far out of his depth.

Would be good if the people who wanted him to stay could say why instead of slagging off fellow fans

Because we regard ourselves as supporters not fans...

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Because we regard ourselves as supporters not fans...

Supporters pay money. Leeches stay at home and enjoy the success without putting the effort in to support.

This is the wrong poll. It's a poll about Levein we need ( I would do one if I knew how) 

This post says more than you know...

Supporters pay money. Leeches stay at home and enjoy the success without putting the effort in to support.

Supporters pay money and don't make silly demands.

Boom!

Right, let's do this. Are you referring to me by any chance?

Archived