Poll - Should Cathro STAY or GO

queensferryjambo

Poll - Should Cathro STAY or GO  

1,409 members have voted

1. 1. Poll - Should Cathro STAY or GO

• We should have patience and he should STAY
    • This is a failed experiment he should GO

kingantti1874

I thought it was quite a bold, interesting and refreshing move.

It's not worked out well (yet!) and can understand the concern Hearts fans over a prolonged period without any improvement under Cathro.

In football though, often teams are rewarded by sticking with the manager and letting them develop the team.

It was not that long ago (this season) that many fans wanted Derek McInnes shipped out, yet he has gained consistency in his team which has practically secured 2nd before the split, reached the LC final and in the semi of the Scottish cup.

Its yet to be seen if Cathro can turn around this poor start, but maybe, just maybe, its still too early to tell.

When fans clamour for a change, I always wonder who would be realistically available to improve.

Alex Neil has been mentioned in here, but I remain to be convinced by him

He had a great 18 months at Hamilton, then fell away. Seems similar at Norwich, started well, but then fell away.

I don't think we will be rewarded for sticking with this joker.. the only question is when he gets binned.

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought it was quite a bold, interesting and refreshing move.

It's not worked out well (yet!) and can understand the concern Hearts fans over a prolonged period without any improvement under Cathro.

In football though, often teams are rewarded by sticking with the manager and letting them develop the team.

It was not that long ago (this season) that many fans wanted Derek McInnes shipped out, yet he has gained consistency in his team which has practically secured 2nd before the split, reached the LC final and in the semi of the Scottish cup.

Its yet to be seen if Cathro can turn around this poor start, but maybe, just maybe, its still too early to tell.

When fans clamour for a change, I always wonder who would be realistically available to improve.

Alex Neil has been mentioned in here, but I remain to be convinced by him

He had a great 18 months at Hamilton, then fell away. Seems similar at Norwich, started well, but then fell away.

The difference with McInnes though is that everyone knew before he came in that he was a proper manager with experience that would command respect. Ever since he arrived Aberdeen have been on an upward curve. There have been a few blips but nothing to complain about on the whole he's been excellent. You can tell he can motivate players and that players enjoy playing for him. He has that inner confidence and steely edge that someone like Cathro just does not have and quite honestly never will have. Just watch their respective pre and post match interviews McInnes comes across very well and exudes confidence and belief and then compare it to Cathro's calamity interviews. Alex Neil has it too it's a presence, confidence and authority that commands respect from players. I don't believe the Hearts players respect this guy at all. Goncalves against Celtic on Sunday was a good example of that. It's a shame because he seems like a really nice guy and he no doubt has good coaching skills and ideas. But he quite obviously just doesn't have a strong enough personality to lead a squad of players.

The difference with McInnes though is that everyone knew before he came in that he was a proper manager with experience that would command respect. Ever since he arrived Aberdeen have been on an upward curve. There have been a few blips but nothing to complain about on the whole he's been excellent. You can tell he can motivate players and that players enjoy playing for him. He has that inner confidence and steely edge that someone like Cathro just does not have and quite honestly never will have. Just watch their respective pre and post match interviews McInnes comes across very well and exudes confidence and belief and then compare it to Cathro's calamity interviews. Alex Neil has it too it's a presence, confidence and authority that commands respect from players. I don't believe the Hearts players respect this guy at all. Goncalves against Celtic on Sunday was a good example of that. It's a shame because he seems like a really nice guy and he no doubt has good coaching skills and ideas. But he quite obviously just doesn't have a strong enough personality to lead a squad of players.

Ffs. I agree more with this guy more than a lot of Jambo's. Help

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

He's not capable to manage a squad. He's also stubborn and refuses to change even though it's evident the players aren't suited to his tactics.

It's not a shame he's making it worse for himself. I don't have any pity for him. *******

Archived