If Stevie Frail reads Kickback ..... 7 points for your note-book!

Smith&Weston

I have a funny feeling that Stevie Frail likes to read the fans comments on kickback so I hope that you read this:

1) Goncalves - The last 2 games he has been our worst defender. He does not get close to players and when he is passed the ball he panics and doesnae know what to do with it. Yes he is a good athlete but for the majority of us fans this is not acceptable for a left-back on a big pay packet. Lets give Lee Wallace a decent run in the side!

2) Pala/Jonnson/Stewart - Why are we playing with 3 holding midfield players? They get in each others road and leave our attack isolated. Personally, we only need 1 holding midfield player.

3) Stewart - Who decided that he should take all the free-kicks and corners? We are by no means a team that creates lots of chances and we have a big physical presence. We should be ensuring that quality is being put in the box and unfortunately he can only hit the first man or hit straight to the keeper.

4) Opposition - Why do every team we play pass the ball better than Hearts? Motherwell last night looked comfortable in possession and all moved after passing the ball. We constantly try and pass to players under pressure and never move into space.

5) 4-5-1 : We clearly don't have the players for 4-5-1. Its sounds ok to play Velicka, Chesney and Driver as attacking options but they are not far enough up the park so opposition defenders have all the time in the world to play 4 against 1. We then make a change to go 4-4-2 (And Nade was decent last night) but Velicka looks knackered as he has been given a chasing ....

6) Miko - I am not someone for giving anyone a hard time but how many chances in the 1st team does this guy get? He is not suited to Scottish football as he is not strong enough and gets intimidated by the opposition. The fact that he ran out the park last night in the 2nd half dribbling the ball shows that he panics when someone chases him!

7) Creativity - Without Kingston, who is a class above, we have no creativity in this team. Driver and Chesney are pacey wingers but do not hurt teams enough. Watch a video of the midfield with Hartley and Skacel (1 holding player in Brellier by the way) and you will see how many chances we created! If our youth accademy is not producing anyone worth a chance at this role then you might aswell close it down tomorrow!

Pretty much most points that have been discussed rolled into one thread. Why is it 99% of fans know what they're talking about, but everyone in control at Hearts has no clue?

Does my head in.

I agree with Ormiston7 all very good points just proves that Frail is not up to the task. I wasn't that upset last night, but I am now the whole business is a complete disgrace, to go out the cup at the first hurdle to a team like Motherwell beggars belief.

Guest JamboRobbo
Pretty much most points that have been discussed rolled into one thread. Why is it 99% of fans know what they're talking about, but everyone in control at Hearts has no clue?

Does my head in.

Thats the bit that I don't understand. We can all see it, appart from Frail apparently.

Don't agree with playing Wallace, he is worse than Jose.

Jose is not performing, Wallace is ****, hence get rid of them both and get a new left back and quickly. Vlad says Frail is in charge of signing players so what the **** is he doing?

Ormiston, good post.

Can I add

8. How is it Stevie that when many of us remember you fondly as an excellent right back you keep picking the rank rotten Robbie Neilson in that position ?? Frankly you would be better off pulling the boots on yourself.

I have to agree with this post, one of the positions we have been lacking is up front, where we need a tall battling centre forward who can hold the ball up for just enough time for the midfield to come into play. Nade for me is not the answer, as he prefers the ball at his feet and is not prepared to close defenders down.

This season when the defence has been under pressure and cleared their lines it has came straight back at them because we have played with just one up front.

If you are listening Steve take a tip from Craig Levein and go and find another Mark De Vries - preferable younger and a bit more fitter.;);)

And Jonsson at right mid-field for the second half. Enough said

To be fair, I think if the FAX had been talking, we'd have seen Ivaskevicius come on, so I'm inclined to think that Frail is indeed making the subs.

I think the OP's summary is very good. Agreed on all points.

Don't agree with playing Wallace, he is worse than Jose.

....... so does this fall within the 99% of what fans think or the 1%??

Would you want to go onto a website where all that the members do is slate you or tell you they know better etc etc if anything they would look at this and just laugh at how ridiculous some of the comments are!

Someonewrote a list somewhere on here for Stevie Frail - If I was Stevie Frail (maybe I am) do you think I would listen to anything some random on this website had to say - I think not......

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I have never read so much negativity about EVERYTHING to do with Hearts in all my life (except in The Herald or the Daily Ranger)

Things can only get better - ride the storm for now!

I have a funny feeling that Stevie Frail likes to read the fans comments on kickback so I hope that you read this:

1) Goncalves - The last 2 games he has been our worst defender. He does not get close to players and when he is passed the ball he panics and doesnae know what to do with it. Yes he is a good athlete but for the majority of us fans this is not acceptable for a left-back on a big pay packet. Lets give Lee Wallace a decent run in the side!

2) Pala/Jonnson/Stewart - Why are we playing with 3 holding midfield players? They get in each others road and leave our attack isolated. Personally, we only need 1 holding midfield player.

3) Stewart - Who decided that he should take all the free-kicks and corners? We are by no means a team that creates lots of chances and we have a big physical presence. We should be ensuring that quality is being put in the box and unfortunately he can only hit the first man or hit straight to the keeper.

4) Opposition - Why do every team we play pass the ball better than Hearts? Motherwell last night looked comfortable in possession and all moved after passing the ball. We constantly try and pass to players under pressure and never move into space.

5) 4-5-1 : We clearly don't have the players for 4-5-1. Its sounds ok to play Velicka, Chesney and Driver as attacking options but they are not far enough up the park so opposition defenders have all the time in the world to play 4 against 1. We then make a change to go 4-4-2 (And Nade was decent last night) but Velicka looks knackered as he has been given a chasing ....

6) Miko - I am not someone for giving anyone a hard time but how many chances in the 1st team does this guy get? He is not suited to Scottish football as he is not strong enough and gets intimidated by the opposition. The fact that he ran out the park last night in the 2nd half dribbling the ball shows that he panics when someone chases him!

7) Creativity - Without Kingston, who is a class above, we have no creativity in this team. Driver and Chesney are pacey wingers but do not hurt teams enough. Watch a video of the midfield with Hartley and Skacel (1 holding player in Brellier by the way) and you will see how many chances we created! If our youth accademy is not producing anyone worth a chance at this role then you might aswell close it down tomorrow!

Very good points. Totally agree.

TomTom,

psychologically the nature/nurture debate pop's up here. Is it born in to us or are the things we see affecting our mindset?

I can't remember feeling this negative when we were winning constantly, but watching negativity in relation to the club you love, breeds negativity.

Although i will admit us football supporters can still be a bunch of moaning faced ****s even when things are going quite well.

markletissier

spot on post from ormiston to be honest, especially with regard to the youth academy, GET IT SORTED FRAIL!!!

Chesney was ill.

We had no-one else.

Wallace left-midfiled & Miko right was surely a better solution. 2 naturaly wide players

Does my head in.

Exactly mate.

Frustrating. So bloody frustrating.

Also, why Chesney and not Miko that got taken off? Yeah Chesney was pretty pish but with hijm on the field you at least have a feeling he can actually make somethin out of nothing. Miko? Nope.

In terms of the 'negativity' that has been pointed out, I don't actually think that I have been on this thread.

I like Stevie Frail, as most Hearts fans do, but I have this feeling that he is quite simply a better 'coach' than a 'manager'. Now I am not saying there is anything wrong with that as everyone has a different character. However, we need a strong character who can influence the players in the right way.

On a separate note, I put a post on here over a week ago claiming that I heard from a source at BBC Scotland that Burley was No1 candidate for the Scotland job. Well that same source claimed that Hearts were hot on the heels for approaching Mark McGhee to become the next Hearts manager .... watch this space!

and your qualified to coment :buttkick:

Would you want to go onto a website where all that the members do is slate you or tell you they know better etc etc if anything they would look at this and just laugh at how ridiculous some of the comments are!

Someonewrote a list somewhere on here for Stevie Frail - If I was Stevie Frail (maybe I am) do you think I would listen to anything some random on this website had to say - I think not......

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I have never read so much negativity about EVERYTHING to do with Hearts in all my life (except in The Herald or the Daily Ranger)

Things can only get better - ride the storm for now!

You're having a laff !!!!!

Do yourself and the supporters a favour and RESIGN! Sorry but some coaches make great managers and other coaches are only ever fit to coach and imo thats where Frail belongs.

He has lost the dressing room some time ago. The only players to have stated that he should be appointed manager is the British ones. All bar one match the players dont look interested in the club.

This team needs a leader, someone to take hold of certain players and kick their erse and boot them out the club and other players need more direction.

Sorry if i appear negative but this is the only way forward.:527:

Do yourself and the supporters a favour and RESIGN! Sorry but some coaches make great managers and other coaches are only ever fit to coach and imo thats where Frail belongs.

He has lost the dressing room some time ago. The only players to have stated that he should be appointed manager is the British ones. All bar one match the players dont look interested in the club.

This team needs a leader, someone to take hold of certain players and kick their erse and boot them out the club and other players need more direction.

Sorry if i appear negative but this is the only way forward.:527:

your taxi's ordered

I'd put money on Frail not picking the team i reckon the fax was going last night.Either that or Frail is just plain stupid!!!

Point 9 - Don't put players on the bench if you ain't ever gonna use them!!!

To only make 1 change last night was a joke considering how dire we were

He Who Cannot Be Named

Its probable that Frail is allowed to pick the team but has a quota of On Loan Kaunas players he must include in the match sqaud.:wacko:

Shaggy will take your points on board and switch to 4-4-2 for the next game.

Sadly, Miko will still be in the team, and Elliot will come in for Ruben, our best midfielder in recent times.

The back 4 will remain the same.

I like Stevie Frail, as most Hearts fans do, but I have this feeling that he is quite simply a better 'coach' than a 'manager'. Now I am not saying there is anything wrong with that as everyone has a different character. However, we need a strong character who can influence the players in the right way.

!

Have to agree with this.

But there in lies the current problem. We had a management system that the owner has finaly admited was flawed. He did do the right thing by putting SF in charge but this could only ever be a temporary solution as SF simply isn't up to the task.

I've said on other threads that one of the main things that seperates managers from coaches is the ability to watch a game unfold and change things on the fly.

SF I'm afraid doesn't seem to have that in his locker.

Chesney was ill.

We had no-one else.

But we could have kept Jonnson in the holding role and had Miko, Stewart, Palazuelos as the middle 3 - all in natural positions.

Victor Meldrew

There's actually only ONE point Stevie Frail needs to take note of:

IF THEY OFFER YOU THE JOB -PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE SAY NO!!!!

Archived