52.5% and rising.

aussieh

A wee poll says 52.5% of Scotland's electorate would rather be part of an Independent Scotland either inside or outside of the EU, than be part of a Brexit UK.

Mintit

A wee poll says 52.5% of Scotland's electorate would rather be part of an Independent Scotland either inside or outside of the EU, than be part of a Brexit UK.

Mintit

Polls are a lot of shite and have been for a while.

Thing is, there is not a referendum tomorrow, and there will not be for at least two years from now. Things can change vastly between then and now, for both sides of the argument

Say What Again

Also Indy is now 2/5 favourite with the bookies.

It's also 4/6 there will be no referendum before 2020, so the current 52% doesn't mean all that much.

I voted Yes btw.

Polls predicted no to Brexit, Clinton to be President etc..

Yes they are crap, but if the other mob can use them...

They also missed the SNP landslide in 2015. They should've just called a UDI then and there. That was indyref2 and Scotland voting Yes, but they missed it completely.

Regal Kingston

Easy to say now.

Wait till its announced and we are months into the campaign.

The majority of newspapers will start the scaremongering and Gordon Broon will be wheeled out again.

They might not actually give a **** this time though now the price in oil has dropped

We had our chance and we shat it.

On such a big decision (likewise Brexit) it really should be 60% before a change is enforced.

Until we get those kind of figures its best just waiting.

AlphonseCapone

Wings

46% overall

I can't find it, unless you mean the football supporters one ;)

loveofthegame

Nationalists really using their brains again, happy to leave Scotland's biggest market over a decision to leave a secondary market....

More idiotic economics from the pro-indy's.

Mintit

So the pant wetting nationalists that are crying about Brexit are now saying that Brexit is OK if you call it Sexit?

It really is hard to measure stupidity.

Nationalists really using their brains again, happy to leave Scotland's biggest market over a decision to leave a secondary market....

The single market is over ten times the size of the rUK market.  Should we simply abandon that?  Especially given our economy's reliance on the financial sector? 

Economies change, if we remain in the UK and out of the single market, there will be consequences.  If we leave rUK and retain single market membership , there will be consequences.

Either way, there are consequences.  Which offers a better future?

It's also 4/6 there will be no referendum before 2020, so the current 52% doesn't mean all that much.

I voted Yes btw.

Is it really 52% wil vote yes now? Or is it a different question.

If it's the former then Nicola will have no choice but to call a Ref asap.

But she won't.

Bring it on. Tick tock.

The single market is over ten times the size of the rUK market.  Should we simply abandon that?  Especially given our economy's reliance on the financial sector? 

Economies change, if we remain in the UK and out of the single market, there will be consequences.  If we leave rUK and retain single market membership , there will be consequences.

Either way, there are consequences.  Which offers a better future?

leaving 80% of your trade market, with the option to negotiate new trade deals, and trying to expand the 20% else where, with EU trade restrictions, I would think are totally different cases. throw in the fact that, the UK(London/westminster) has bailed us out for the tumbling price of our biggest asset(black gold) and only a brain dead separatist would see independence as a viable option.

the next compromising begging bowl we scots will have to go crawling to Westminster with might have a lot worse consiquences than our previous capitulating act of union.

I think you will find that Scotland voted to remain in one trading market (UK) so it could remain in the other (EU)...Which was followed by it voting to remain in one (EU) but then being dragged out of it by rUK which was a key referendum statement (to stay in the EU you must stay in the UK - yet another lie).

The rUK wants to leave its biggest trading partner and that doesn't seem to be an issue with the unionists but when there's any suggestion that Scots want to move on then they are 'not really using their brains again'. Hypocrisy is OK if you're into the UK it seems.

leaving 80% of your trade market, with the option to negotiate new trade deals, and trying to expand the 20% else where, with EU trade restrictions, I would think are totally different cases. throw in the fact that, the UK(London/westminster) has bailed us out for the tumbling price of our biggest asset(black gold) and only a brain dead separatist would see independence as a viable option.

the next compromising begging bowl we scots will have to go crawling to Westminster with might have a lot worse consiquences than our previous capitulating act of union.

Is that what you are hoping for? Disgraceful opinion (IMO).

Tick Tock. Get used to it.

Top of Group E with three wins and a draw so far...

:rofl:

Wings

46% overall

Wings Over Scotland :rofl:

I look forward to unionist infested Question Time in Glasgow tonight. Should be a treat.

In the city that voted for independence but thankfully the rest of country had sense.

If there is a Second vote will the Nats be able to answer any questions this time on currency / how we finance ourselves or will they have the same forward planning as last time and those who led the Brexit campaign.

I'm hopeful they take a sensible, fresh approach to the currency question.  There's no reason to retain Sterling.  Peg a Pound Scots to the dollar and avoid currency flotation.  Allow the government to print money, rather than having money issued as debt--and therefore owing interest from day one--by private banks.

Hold!!!!!!! :lol:

He'll be along shortly.....

He will just be tidying up his shite from his Holyrood campsite.

Independent Scotland but part of EU? Not really independence is it?

Still bossed by the Bank of England too.

Mintit

Good news. Thanks for the positive posting Aussie :spoton:

Independent Scotland but part of EU? Not really independence is it?

Yeah coz there's no independent countries in the EU that are sovereign over their own affairs is there?

I think you will find that Scotland voted to remain in one trading market (UK) so it could remain in the other (EU)...Which was followed by it voting to remain in one (EU) but then being dragged out of it by rUK which was a key referendum statement (to stay in the EU you must stay in the UK - yet another lie).

The rUK wants to leave its biggest trading partner and that doesn't seem to be an issue with the unionists but when there's any suggestion that Scots want to move on then they are 'not really using their brains again'. Hypocrisy is OK if you're into the UK it seems.

no..no..no.......your just making that up in your deluded head.

I voted to stay part of the UK...warts n all not this separatist made up crap.

there was later in time another vote on a different subject, the 2 were never Siamese twinned as you have made up

I can GAURANTEE not one person who voted in the Scottish ref had the European common market in any part of their thought process. All the yes voters claiming they are hard done by.

:facepalm:

I'm hopeful they take a sensible, fresh approach to the currency question.  There's no reason to retain Sterling.  Peg a Pound Scots to the dollar and avoid currency flotation.  Allow the government to print money, rather than having money issued as debt--and therefore owing interest from day one--by private banks.

it canny be anymore a cluster **** than the last time.

fat alex, we'll use sterling.......Westminster, you want freedom, get your own cash.

Yeah coz there's no independent countries in the EU that are sovereign over their own affairs is there?

did that huge "white paper" fall on your head today ?

which country in the EU runs their own affairs ?

independence............self-government, self-rule, home rule, self-legislation, self-determination, sovereignty, autonomy, non-alignment, freedom, liberty

which part of that do the EU allow ?

no..no..no.......your just making that up in your deluded head.

I voted to stay part of the UK...warts n all not this separatist made up crap.

there was later in time another vote on a different subject, the 2 were never Siamese twinned as you have made up

:cornette: Maybe a personal choice for you but a key selling point for the No campaign during the referendum was that the only way that Scotland would maintain/guarantee it's 'EU membership' was as part of a United Kingdom. Are you saying that wasn't the case? Of course it was.

& the Scotland voted to maintain that in a second referendum AGAIN.

& now look where we are.

https://stv.tv/news/politics/1360183-brexit-a-golden-opportunity-for-an-independent-scotland/

Sir Nicholas Macpherson seems to have changed his views. A very good new week for nats.

Love how Nats claim to see the truth in news articles and ignore the waffle yet continuously refer to links from ages ago, last July in this case.

A classic example of this is the number of people who link to a Business for Scotland 2014 article (before oil revenue crash) stating that an Indy Scotland would have been ?8bn better off now.

The direction of travel in polls is not looking good for Yes. Simple analysis of the data of all polls show a clear trend line.

:cornette: Maybe a personal choice for you but a key selling point for the No campaign during the referendum was that the only way that Scotland would maintain/guarantee it's 'EU membership' was as part of a United Kingdom. Are you saying that wasn't the case? Of course it was.

& the Scotland voted to maintain that in a second referendum AGAIN.

& now look where we are.

Their own bible (white paper)

?[They?ve] conveniently side-stepped the fact that the EU Referendum was a UK-wide vote - something that the Scottish Government acknowledged in their own White Paper for independence where on page 210 it states ?if we remain part of the UK, a referendum on future membership of the EU could see Scotland taken out of the EU against the wishes of the people?.?

Their own bible (white paper)

?[They?ve] conveniently side-stepped the fact that the EU Referendum was a UK-wide vote - something that the Scottish Government acknowledged in their own White Paper for independence where on page 210 it states ?if we remain part of the UK, a referendum on future membership of the EU could see Scotland taken out of the EU against the wishes of the people?.?

Wasn't that the YES campaign saying that voting NO could mean leaving the EU, in spite of what Better Together were saying.

I.e. Better Together were talking peeeash!

(disclaimer: obviously both sides spouted pish!)

Wasn't that the YES campaign saying that voting NO could mean leaving the EU, in spite of what Better Together were saying.

Yes, as is stated, it was in the white paper that a vote to remain in the UK could be a vote to leave the EU in any future European referendum.

At the time, in 2014, a vote to remain part of the UK was the only certainty of remaining in the EU, as an Independent Scotland would have been out of rUK and also out of the EU.

A week is a long time in politics though, never mind a couple of years, and things change but, here we are now, having voted as the UK to depart the European Union and,  as has been shown since the Brexit vote, there has been no considerable desire for another Indyref, no matter what wings over Scotland say's.

And yes, absolute peeesh and alt truths being spouted from all sides!

That's how I saw it and the reason I voted yes. I was convinced Brexit would happen.

Space Mackerel

It's not a indy debate until the Mackerel has landed!

Hold!!!!!!! :lol:

He'll be along shortly.....

I'm just going to sit by the sidelines and watch the Yoonys cack their pants on here till the inevitable day.

f77907297eb69dc7f672c7f3faef86af.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Archived