031 Clothing

Gershwin

Anyone remember this shop from the 1990s? Just listening to the Clubscene Records 21st Anniversary album and it reminded me of going up there in my teens.

It was on the top floor in another shop on Princes' St (intercontinentale iirc) and shared its space with a ravey record store :lol:

Xile has gone its now a fakey tartan shop like most of princes st,  I mind original shoe form the early 2000's in there they always had the tune blasting out, you could hear them before you were in the shop.

Samuel Camazzola

Wasn't there a branch of 031 around the South Bridge area? I also recall Paninari (sp) in the same area. Picked up a Ben Sherman from there in the mid 90's. B)

I also remember Sporting Times in the Waverley around the same era.

Sawdust Caesar

Xile has gone its now a fakey tartan shop like most of princes st,  I mind original shoe form the early 2000's in there they always had the tune blasting out, you could hear them before you were in the shop.

Has Xile not just moved from Frederick St to Rose St? Or am I thinking of another similar clothes shop?

Anyone remember this shop from the 1990s? Just listening to the Clubscene Records 21st Anniversary album and it reminded me of going up there in my teens.

It was on the top floor in another shop on Princes' St (intercontinentale iirc) and shared its space with a ravey record store :lol:

Record shop had a great collection of rave music and some hip hop. I remember picking up some Dready gear from 031 clothing. Round about 94,95

Bridge of Djoum

Can't remember what it was called, but late 80's, a shop in Rose Street owned by a guy I think was called Bobby Singh.

Jeans shop, Sonetti, Pepe, Hardcore etc. It was on the right hand side as you walk west, you had to walk up 3 or 4 wee stairs to get in.

Anyone remember the name?

Can't remember what it was called, but late 80's, a shop in Rose Street owned by a guy I think was called Bobby Singh.

Jeans shop, Sonetti, Pepe, Hardcore etc. It was on the right hand side as you walk west, you had to walk up 3 or 4 wee stairs to get in.

Buzzini?

I used to like the upstairs Xile about 15 years ago. Downstairs was more football casual.

The upstairs one's the one I remember. Probably about 25 years ago!

The upstairs one's the one I remember. Probably about 25 years ago!

There's an Xcile in Livingston now.

Remember Hoi Polloi on Rose Street, McKenzie on Hunter Square and Smith's on the High Street. Usual Saturday wander in the 80s early 90s.

I'm sure I remember 031 on South Bridge (left hand side as heading south). Buzzini on Rose Street and on Cockburn Street too. Smiths on Hunter Square.

Don't remember the name but there was about 3 jeans shops in row in Rose st all selling the same gear. I bought the best pair of levi I ever had out of that one you're talking about. 520s iirc with bar tacked back pockets. Impossible to find now.

My main memory of those shops wad as soon as you walked in the door they were on you like flies on shite :D

Don't remember the name but there was about 3 jeans shops in row in Rose st all selling the same gear. I bought the best pair of levi I ever had out of that one you're talking about. 520s iirc with bar tacked back pockets. Impossible to find now.

My main memory of those shops wad as soon as you walked in the door they were on you like flies on shite :D

I used to work there at the weekends back in the very early nineties when I was a teenager One was called mean jeans and the fancy one was called premier clothing.... I think. There was another one at the top, I can't remember what it was called. I got the sack [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brian Whittaker's Tache

I once pulled the bird that worked in Pananari. Asked for my number to write on the back of the cheque I paid with. (pre switch days!)

Mad as a bag of cats with an unfortunate surname!

Smarty Pants

Elias Henry Furst

Trading Post was another up the Bridges quite close to Xile.

Remember it well.

Chippie jeans, hoi polloi jersey and k-Swiss trainers.

Good God.

Cockburn street was full of the jean shops which all appeared to be owned by the same person. If you asked for a size and they didn't have it they'd pop up the street and back again with them

Bridge of Djoum

Smarty Pants

Was that it? I've no idea mate!

I just remember buying a brand called "Radio" there, and asking the boy where I could buy these.....084c18e59516f62e037e6ffb7782289f.jpg

I just remember buying a brand called "Radio" there, and asking the boy where I could buy these.....084c18e59516f62e037e6ffb7782289f.jpg

Jesus. I had a pair of them. Thought I was the s*** at the time!

Remember some of those makes.

Chipie, Ciao, Naf Naf, El Charro, Chevignon.

Troop / SPX trainers with the massive toungues.

May have had a dready t-shirt and some absurdly baggy jeans as well.

Almost 100% sure mate. It was exactly as described with a wee Asian dude with a turban who owned it. He was a nice guy. Up for a haggle and sold all the brands mentioned.

Almost 100% sure mate. It was exactly as described with a wee Asian dude with a turban who owned it. He was a nice guy. Up for a haggle and sold all the brands mentioned.

Was that shop opposite Robert Anthony jewellers? I think Buzzini was a bit further west. Think it's now a Greggs or next door to where Greggs is.

Strayed into that Sports Direct shithole a few weeks ago. Appalled to see some incarnation of Travel Fox trainers in there.

I'm damned if I can remember the shop's name but I do remember buying a really nice hooded Sonetti jacket around 1989.

Sadly, Bergerac starting wearing the same one later that year.

I passed it on to my brother soon after...

Buzzini was in rose street (mid to late 8o's) then cruise moved in before moving to st.marys street

Bought a pair of CIAO jeans from there and thought I was supper cool

Think the Singh guy moved in after that and he had a few shops

Archived