Michael Stewart Free Kicks and Corners

cosanostra

If anyone happens to meet Frail over the next day or two can you please ask him to tell Stewart to stop hitting every dead ball. His deliveries are dreadful and they waste so many opportunities to put pressure on the other teams goal. How many corners and free kicks went straight to their goalie last night?? Yet Stewart still had the ego to believe that he should be taking them.

If this guy was even slightly as good as he thinks he is, he'd be a great player. Seems to me to be all arrogance and ego without the talent to back it up.

So Stewart, please leave free kicks and corners alone, you are absolutely ****e at them.

I think that he tries to put too much 'action' on the ball. Means the ball often flies too high or too low:mad:

Neilson showed him the way to do it with his free kick right at the end. Spot on for accuracy.:527:

It doesn't help that our players all stand in a line on the far post - why doesn't anyone go on the near post?

He shouldn't just be dropped from free kicks and corners, he should be dropped completely.

Offers nothing defensively or in an attacking sense, runs about like a looney and chases balls he has no chance of winning and leaves himself hopelessly out of position. His ball retention is abysmal and his attitude stinks.

Stewart kindly GTF.

:)

Guest JamboRobbo

Well said. One of the numerous things Frail has failed to notice/rectify.

Get Stewart of Free Kicks/corners. We can all see he's useless at them.

And stop trying to play him in the hole. He clearly can't play with his back to goal.

meridian jambo

Bloke behind me was a slaver but everytime Stewarts took a free kick he shouted, "catching practice for the goalie"...he might have been an erse but he was correct!

Also how hard can it be for Stewart to get a corner past the first defender, the corners are shocking. I cannot believe we have no better alternative, they are professional footballers for *****s sake, that what they get paid to do!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

chester copperpot

Yet another area we look fecking lost without Larry.

Sooner he / if he comes back the better. And that starts with free kicks first.

I think that he tries to put too much 'action' on the ball. Means the ball often flies too high or too low:mad:

Neilson showed him the way to do it with his free kick right at the end. Spot on for accuracy.:527:It doesn't help that our players all stand in a line on the far post - why doesn't anyone go on the near post?

You just can't help yourself Coco can you!!;)

He can't take free kicks at all. But neither can anyone else in last night's team. I don't know what we practice in training.

Who do you think put in our best free kick last night?

To be honest I can't think of one worthy of mention Coco.:(

To be honest I can't think of one worthy of mention Coco.:(

I am not a Neilson fan...however, without doubt the best Hearts set piece delivery into the box came with a couple of minutes to go from Mr Robbie Neilson. Nothing fancy, just a straight foward ball into box played at the right height and direction of his team mates....simple!

A few more of them over the evening and we might have got some return.

Yet another area we look fecking lost without Larry.

Sooner he / if he comes back the better. And that starts with free kicks first.

Spot on! It's not just MS who can't deliver a dead ball. Andy Driver was exactly the same. Corner after corner into the keepers arms.

I hope Ghana get pumped out shortly. Sadly though, I can see them being there for the tournaments duration.

Who do you think put in our best free kick last night?

Aye, and the ball he sent through to Harthill was accurate aswell.

If anyone happens to meet Frail over the next day or two can you please ask him to tell Stewart to stop hitting every dead ball. His deliveries are dreadful and they waste so many opportunities to put pressure on the other teams goal. How many corners and free kicks went straight to their goalie last night?? Yet Stewart still had the ego to believe that he should be taking them.

If this guy was even slightly as good as he thinks he is, he'd be a great player. Seems to me to be all arrogance and ego without the talent to back it up.

So Stewart, please leave free kicks and corners alone, you are absolutely ****e at them.

Can't if I meet him I'll be too busy sticking my foot up his erse!

Archived