• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jambo 4 Ever

• wattie exploited

• Absolute Scenes

• Hercules

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Hercules said:

Berra isn’t vocal. Don’t get me wrong I love the fact he’s at the club but I feel time has caught up with him a wee bit. Naismith as a choice speaks for itself. I just feel we are stagnant at the moment for various reasons and I think a new captain might invigorate us again. Only an opinion. Some people on here react like I’ve asked us to move to Straiton Ffs. 

I don't think it's the differiing of opinion, it's the reasons behind it tbh. 

For me, making someone captain before even kicking a ball for us has far more negatives than positives and it is also rare in football. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, ali_jambo said:

I sit in line with the edge of the box at the Roseburn end and all game you see Berra screaming at his defenders (even if it's him who made the error) ?

The only player more vocal is Naisy.

Yip, Berra is vocal, Bobby gets it tight all the time.

?

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

Bunny Munro

If Berra is not captain next year it will be because they've given it to Souttar to bump his price tag up.

Jamboscanbevicius
2 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Berra is our captain and should remain our captain.

This. Absolutely - Berra has struggled a little coming back from injury but he is a massive player and leader!

Dirty Weeker

Many seem to be totally missing point re being a club captain. It is much more than wearing armband on match days. They have to be an ambassador for club, role model for our young players either in development squad or in and around 1st team squad, shop steward to take any issues / complaints from players to management and to be able to argue such. I believe Berra with his wealth of experience has all the qualities needed. As I previously stated we have a number of excellent options to wear armband on match days should Berra not play but not too many to assume other responsibilities 

• 2 months later...
On 07/06/2019 at 11:00, Hercules said:

Craig Halkett should be immediately installed as captain. 

Great idea actually 

Berra is past it.

naismith won’t play every game.

souttar is too injury prone 

On 03/09/2019 at 18:02, Natural Orders said:

Great idea actually 

Berra is past it.

naismith won’t play every game.

souttar is too injury prone 

Halkett for next skipper " no doubts there ,, hes going to be a massive player for hearts " and like Berra he will get goals...

33 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

Halkett for next skipper " no doubts there ,, hes going to be a massive player for hearts " and like Berra he will get goals...

Agreed

the sooner the better 

letsalldothebeattie

Craig Halkett should be captain. Our best and most consistent performer so far. Also captained Livi brilliantly so has the experience of being a leader 

Bazzas right boot
On 07/06/2019 at 18:59, Dirty Weeker said:

Many seem to be totally missing point re being a club captain. It is much more than wearing armband on match days. They have to be an ambassador for club, role model for our young players either in development squad or in and around 1st team squad, shop steward to take any issues / complaints from players to management and to be able to argue such. I believe Berra with his wealth of experience has all the qualities needed. As I previously stated we have a number of excellent options to wear armband on match days should Berra not play but not too many to assume other responsibilities 

100%

People still missing the point. 

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

100%

People still missing the point. 

He’s not a good captain on the pitch where it matters though 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Natural Orders said:

He’s not a good captain on the pitch where it matters though 

How do you know that? 

4 hours ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Craig Halkett should be captain. Our best and most consistent performer so far. Also captained Livi brilliantly so has the experience of being a leader 

Agreed

4 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

How do you know that? 

If you watch him - all he does is moan at players and blame others.

not very inspiring either 

I'd consider giving it to Halkett, 

he's been the most consistent and he's likely to play more games than Naismith (that wouldn't be hard) 

He was also the captain at Livingston. 

Berra is the closest thing we have to a Mr hearts at the minute a great club captain but I do agree halkett should be match day captain while Berra takes the break everyone can see he needs just my opinion 

Edited by Castle rock

Just now, Castle rock said:

Berta is the closest thing we have to a Mr hearts at the minute a great club captain but I do agree halkett should be match day captain while Berra takes the break everyone can see he needs just my opinion 

He moans at others too much 

28 minutes ago, Sagan said:

I'd consider giving it to Halkett, 

he's been the most consistent and he's likely to play more games than Naismith (that wouldn't be hard) 

He was also the captain at Livingston. 

Exactly 

On 26/01/2017 at 19:03, Malinga the Swinga said:

Martin for captain from next season. Still a place for Kitchen as long as he plays as he did in the second half and in extra time.

Hahha how times change eh