• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jambo 4 Ever

• wattie exploited

• Bazzas right boot

• Hercules

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Tasos, if he hangs around into next season. I like a centre back captain, he had great composure and showed leadership yesterday.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
Jambo 4 Ever
On ‎26‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 01:29, wattie exploited said:

after watching another poor game from Kitchen who would you have as Captain ?

he is never Captain Materiel I would like to see  Malaury Martin  as team Captain !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Imagine if that actually happened :berra:

But I do think we need to maybe have a new captain next season as Berra isn't as good as he once was

Jambo 4 Ever
2 minutes ago, Hercules said:

Craig Halkett should be immediately installed as captain. 

Not a bad shout!

i wish jj was my dad
5 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

Not a bad shout!

Berra is and will remain captain

Robbo-Jambo
1 hour ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

But I do think we need to maybe have a new captain next season as Berra isn't as good as he once was

Well it won't because he is away. ?

Jambo 4 Ever
6 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

I think that it should change next season - maybe make him our vice captain.

I don't think he should be guaranteed to play every game - he's not been the same his injury.  And being captain might make him more complacent that he will be getting a game every week.

Also, I don't think he is always the most inspiring captain anyway - he often moans at players and blames them.  (compare to Naismith who encourages players)

Doesn't really matter, we have a number of players (Berra, Souttar, Naismith, Halkett, even Smith at times) that act like captains on the pitch so not really concerned which one has the armband and calls heads or tails.

Bull's-eye
21 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Is the correct answer.

This thread ?????

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Berra should be club captain. If he's not on the pitch it should be Naismith (if he signs) or Haring.

Robbo-Jambo
16 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

I don't think he should be guaranteed to play every game - he's not been the same his injury.  And being captain might make him more complacent that he will be getting a game every week.

Also, I don't think he is always the most inspiring captain anyway - he often moans at players and blames them.  (compare to Naismith who encourages players)

Steven Naismith moans at everyone on the pitch ?

Team mates, opponents and refs. 

Exactly what we need in our team. A right wee pain but in a really good way. He knows exactly what he is doing as well and it works. 

For me Berra is not forceful enough to get people riled up although I really like the guy, he is one of us. 

Edited by Robbo-Jambo

Jambo 4 Ever
4 minutes ago, Marvin said:

As suggested by DTD, Haring is a decent shout.

yeh that would be acceptable too

better_call_saul
2 hours ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

Another day another controversial opinion/ statement.

Peace be with you.

A club captain does so much more for a team than just on the pitch. Berra is captain of our club and will be until he leaves which is 100% the correct decision.

Absolute Scenes
1 hour ago, Hercules said:

Craig Halkett should be immediately installed as captain. 

seriously? A brand new player who no one knows personally....is to come in and take over captaincy and start commanding our players??

What does that say to players like Berra, Naismith, Souttar et al? Work hard and be given notice but we'll give the captaincy to this new boy.

Your posts are hummin

Absolute Scenes
7 minutes ago, Marvin said:

As suggested by DTD, Haring is a decent shout.

Don't think I've ever heard Haring talk on the pitch or command folk

Fantastic player, but he's not captain

Jambo 4 Ever
3 minutes ago, better_call_saul said:

Another day another controversial opinion/ statement.

Peace be with you.

A club captain does so much more for a team than just on the pitch. Berra is captain of our club and will be until he leaves which is 100% the correct decision.

ummm I am allowed to express my opinion - and one that is shared by others too.

And I believe he should not be captain next season

better_call_saul
9 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

ummm I am allowed to express my opinion - and one that is shared by others too.

And I believe he should not be captain next season

Fair enough, but take a look at some of the posters who are agreeing with you... couldn't script it.

Anyway, why would you strip Berra of the captaincy? Poor form?

With Halkett coming in I do not for one second think Berra will be first on the teamsheet next season due to the captaincy, time will tell however.

Wearing the armband on a Saturday is such a small part of his role for the club. Giving it to anyone else is a silly statement.

Edited by better_call_saul

132goals1958
2 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Berra should remain captain ! He's great leader and has the respect of the dressing room 

Absolutely --no ifs buts or maybes, unequivocally he is assuredly the outstanding man for the job and the future head coach / manager. 

Jambo 4 Ever
1 minute ago, 132goals1958 said:

Absolutely --no ifs buts or maybes, unequivocally he is assuredly the outstanding man for the job and the future head coach / manager. 

I don't agree

Inch Hearts

Why would anyone seriously consider taking the club captaincy off Berra ffs?   Aye because the player and the squad would be happy with that right enough. 

Dirty Weeker

Berra should stay as club captain similar to Jordan Henderson at Liverpool who is not guaranteed to play every match. As others have said plenty options to wear armband on pitch as and when required

Jambo 4 Ever
2 minutes ago, Dirty Weeker said:

Berra should stay as club captain similar to Jordan Henderson at Liverpool who is not guaranteed to play every match. As others have said plenty options to wear armband on pitch as and when required

don't think we can compare ourselves with Liverpool tbh

better_call_saul
Just now, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

don't think we can compare ourselves with Liverpool tbh

He isn't.

1 hour ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Well it won't because he is away. ?

I believe he meant at the time 

GorgieFifeLife

If we were to take captaincy off Berra and say to him he won't play as much next season then he will leave the club of that I have no doubt. 

AlphonseCapone
1 hour ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

Clearly never played football. If you watch a guy in your team essentially throw is body on the line at every turn, last ditch tackles etc then that is one of the most inspiring things you can have in a captain. Also your assertion that he blames other players, can you back that up? 

1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Berra should be club captain. If he's not on the pitch it should be Naismith (if he signs) or Haring.

This. 

Brighton Jambo

Berra should be club captain recognising he may not play every game next season.  Naismith should be captain in any other game that Berra isn’t playing.

if both are out Souttar should be captain 

58 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

seriously? A brand new player who no one knows personally....is to come in and take over captaincy and start commanding our players??

What does that say to players like Berra, Naismith, Souttar et al? Work hard and be given notice but we'll give the captaincy to this new boy.

Your posts are hummin

He’s young. He’s already a captain. He’s vocal. Terrible attributes eh ?

Hummin even. 

Bazzas right boot

Berra or Naismith. 

Martin had his chance... 

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Hercules said:

Hummin even. 

Berra's old, a captain and vocal. 

Ditto Naismith. 

Both are already here and have many caps. 

Why would you take Halkett over these two before he's played a game for us? 

Absolute Scenes
10 minutes ago, Hercules said:

Hummin even. 

Its not the attributes that was the issue - it was the "he should immediately be captain"

1 minute ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Berra's old, a captain and vocal. 

Ditto Naismith. 

Both are already here and have many caps. 

Why would you take Halkett over these two before he's played a game for us? 

Berra isn’t vocal. Don’t get me wrong I love the fact he’s at the club but I feel time has caught up with him a wee bit. Naismith as a choice speaks for itself. I just feel we are stagnant at the moment for various reasons and I think a new captain might invigorate us again. Only an opinion. Some people on here react like I’ve asked us to move to Straiton Ffs. 

6 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Its not the attributes that was the issue - it was the "he should immediately be captain"

So what’s the issue ? It’s my opinion based on what I’ve witnessed last season. Sometimes loyalty blinds people’s judgement. 

16 minutes ago, Hercules said:

Berra isn’t vocal. Don’t get me wrong I love the fact he’s at the club but I feel time has caught up with him a wee bit. Naismith as a choice speaks for itself. I just feel we are stagnant at the moment for various reasons and I think a new captain might invigorate us again. Only an opinion. Some people on here react like I’ve asked us to move to Straiton Ffs. 

I sit in line with the edge of the box at the Roseburn end and all game you see Berra screaming at his defenders (even if it's him who made the error) ?

The only player more vocal is Naisy.

Absolute Scenes
9 minutes ago, Hercules said:

So what’s the issue ? It’s my opinion based on what I’ve witnessed last season. Sometimes loyalty blinds people’s judgement. 

Are you alright??

Its quite clear the issue. Your opinion is that you think a brand new hearts player should be captain ahead of players who have already been in that mould and playing like they are - and thats a silly opinion, in my opinion. And if we do say to a brand new player, "aye crack on , you're captain now" what does that say to Naismith, Souttar, even Berra and the rest of players who have taken on that role? Berra is vocal by the way, if you were at games you'd know that.

Absolute Scenes
2 minutes ago, ali_jambo said:

I sit in line with the edge of the box at the Roseburn end and all game you see Berra screaming at his defenders (even if it's him who made the error) ?

The only player more vocal is Naisy.

Don't worry he doesn't go to games so he wouldn't know

3 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Don't worry he doesn't go to games so he wouldn't know

Brilliant. Another plum ?. You another one after my credentials as a Hearts supporter, Uber fan ? People are so touchy on here it’s embarrassing. People have different opinions on football. You need to deal with it son. 

Absolute Scenes
15 minutes ago, Hercules said:

Brilliant. Another plum ?. You another one after my credentials as a Hearts supporter, Uber fan ? People are so touchy on here it’s embarrassing. People have different opinions on football. You need to deal with it son. 

Well I go to games for a start so can confirm contrary things about players that you have tried to pass off as facts. There's opinion, and there's just plain false information that needs to be addressed

No one is being touchy, merely questioning bizarre things like wanting to appoint a brand new player as captain

Jambo 4 Ever
31 minutes ago, Hercules said:

This

too many people accuse others of not being Hearts fans if they dare say anything negative or against the norm.

Just because you don't agree with someone doesn't make them less of a Hearts fan than you or me

Edited by Jambo_in_Hamilton

Bad Religion
4 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

This

too many people accuse others of not being Hearts fans if they dare say anything negative.

Just because you don't agree with someone doesn't make them less of a Hearts fan than you or me

Who said anything negative?