• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jambo 4 Ever

• wattie exploited

• Bazzas right boot

• Hercules

PhoenixHearts

Edit: Sowah has legs and helped out a number of times on the cover. Therefore Rherras becomes expendable too imo

And Rherras is by no means a bad backup to have  :2thumbsup:

PhoenixHearts

Cowie for me just now. Martin second option, although Berra, if he comes, gets the armband straight away no questions asked.

Also a wee suggestion out of left field, but maybe Walker could be a good captain at some point in the future. He may not be a big bossy type, but he's respected in the squad for his drive and commitment, and above all else, I'd say he knows what it means to play for Hearts more than anyone else on this team.

after watching another poor game from Kitchen who would you have as Captain ?

he is never Captain Materiel I would like to see  Malaury Martin  as team Captain !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Martin would be very comfortable in the role..Wants to lead.

Diadora Van Basten

Martin is the player that Kitchen thinks he is in his own head.

Cowie probably has the lowest win percentage of any player in the squad so absolutely should not be captain.

Edited by Sandi

tartofmidlothian

Absolutely no reason to think Martin is any sort of Captain nor any evidence to suggest he has any of the right qualities.

He is just new and a decent player.

Beyond that is nonsense.

Interesting that folk are saying he's a leader, though. That's what we need across the park, no matter who has the armband on.

tartofmidlothian

Someone should dig the ozturk captain change thread up.

Pretty certain everyone was tugging themselves rotten over this glorious move and how Kitchen was going to make us a cool transfer fee in the future.

Honestly man.

I was astonished it wasn't Cowie tbh.

Martin good going forward; real class with free-kicks and corners; anonymous defensively.  

Needs time to adapt to our game and, hopefully, begin to show some strength in midfield.

Don't want to become the "classy" team with no bite while the hobos under Lennon become the pub team.   Remember how that relationship worked when the shoe was on the other foot?

Pretty certain everyone was tugging themselves rotten over this glorious move and how Kitchen was going to make us a cool transfer fee in the future.

Honestly man.

I might be one of those people. I had very high expectations and now I'm not so sure they were justified.

We've had a weird few weeks/months though, so perhaps not the time to stick the boot in....but I'm just not currently convinced he's the driving force we need on the pitch.

That said, if the players and the manager get a little leeway because of this transition period we're going through, the same should extend to the captain.

Kitchen shouldn't even be in he team never mind captain. Jamie Walker (unless Berra signs) for me. We need someone who understands what playing for this club means to drive us through this rebuilding stage.

excellent post.

Honestly man.

I gave him my support, although Paterson was the stand out candidate at the time for me. It's been since Perry received the armband that his game has really suffered. it's clearly too much for him.

alicante jambo

We should get rid of kitchen and cowie then we dont need to have these discussions.Kitchen is pish gets bullied off the ball and so slow and cowie isnt any better.We really have to replace these 2 throw in osh and sammon theres 10k pound per week to spend on other players.Weve went backwards since the arrival of kitchen just like his passing.

Toxteth O'Grady

I'm still a Kitchen fan but he's been off form since Cathro came in.

At this point I'd pick Walker.

He has been utterly useless since we signed him. The worst player to have Captained Hearts on a regular basis in my lifetime.

Howdy Doody Jambo

We should get rid of kitchen and cowie then we dont need to have these discussions.Kitchen is pish gets bullied off the ball and so slow and cowie isnt any better.We really have to replace these 2 throw in osh and sammon theres 10k pound per week to spend on other players.Weve went backwards since the arrival of kitchen just like his passing.

Spot on, we need to keep weeding out the passengers

Make Walker captain now he knows the script

Jamie Walker as captain is a bizarre shout. He's very quiet for a start. best thing for Hearts is Jamie focused on creating and scoring chances.

Better to have several leaders on the pitch. Who the actual captain is isn't a big deal.

What makes walker a good candidate for captain?

I personally think he's quite a mature player and seems to be a personality in the dressing room. He's been about the first team long enough too. I put him as 3rd because there is always a chance his form could deteriorate if he has the responsibility (Ozturk kinda fell apart and Kitchen seems to be on a downwards slope too)

Martin would be very comfortable in the role..Wants to lead.

This for me too. Martins got bottle, and wants to lead. Kitchen is not a leader.

rudi must stay

This for me too. Martins got bottle, and wants to lead. Kitchen is not a leader.

Martin seems like a player that wants the crowd to be involved and enjoys that, good to have a player like that in the team. But his lack of defensive work makes him a poor choice in my opinion, Kitchen could grow into the role

siegementality

What makes walker a good candidate for captain?

IMO he is our best player. He's a Hearts man who has come through the ranks and has a passion for the club. He is popular amongst the players and support. He is a good role model for any player, keeps the head down and works hard. He would lead by example.

The days of needing a captain who shouts and bawls are long gone. neither Ozturk, Cowie or Kitchen are shouters so it's not what the club seem to see the role of the captain to be. Jamie Walker certainly has more about him than the current captain. He gets my vote.

He made the effort to learn our history and read 'Hearts At War', and must be very committed in training. It's a shame that his game is lacking because he no doubt looks like he puts the effort in.

Unless his game picks up soon, it'll cost him a starting place in the line up and captaincy.

He has been utterly useless since we signed him. The worst player to have Captained Hearts on a regular basis in my lifetime.

correct

Malinga the Swinga

Martin for captain from next season. Still a place for Kitchen as long as he plays as he did in the second half and in extra time.

Martin is the player that Kitchen thinks he is in his own head.

Cowie probably has the lowest win percentage of any player in the squad so absolutely should not be captain.

Pretty good win percentage as captain though which is a more accurate stat here.

RudolfTheKing51

Personally id say someone like hamilton,martin or berra/gowser if they sign. Hughes was awfy quite the other night, don't think hes a big captain voice. Martins got the passion and Hamilton's always speaking but maybe too young.

Said on the Martin thread that he was trying to take training on his first day so would be a great candidate for captain. He is vocal and has great technique, I think he could become a great player for us. Excited!

IMO the captain always has to be the guy that gives most of a shit.

Paterson would be my Captain if he wasn't injured.

At this moment in time, It should be Walker.

Martin has potential to be a future captain. He's not scared to tell people where to be or what to do.

Captains need to lead by example. Wilson, Ozturk, Kitchen never lead by example. Cowie did for his breif spell but he's done.

Edited by Greedy_Jambo

wattie exploited

IMO the captain always has to be the guy that gives most of a shit.

Paterson would be my Captain if he wasn't injured.

At this moment in time, It should be Walker.

Martin has potential to be a future captain. He's not scared to tell people where to be or what to do.

Captains need to lead by example. Wilson, Ozturk, Kitchen never lead by example. Cowie did for his breif spell but he's done.

I dont think walker is much of a talker on the field  from what I have seen of Martin he does seem to be one who is a talker on the field !!!!!!!!    

but Kitchen really is a shit Captain I have always thought that and I still think that !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Perry in the paper questioning Scottish food and diet. Fairly light hearted but he clearly hasn't looked too hard at his fellow countrymen

wattie exploited

Kitchen, end of thread

kitchen is pretty shit full stop really never a captain in a million years mate !!!!!!!!!

wattie exploited

Jamie Walker

Jamie walker is a great player but I never see he talking to other players on the team like telling him the team to push up ect 

Edited by wattie exploited

mute point.

key factor is a captain needs to be playing every game and one of the first picks on the team sheet. For this reason it rules cowie out for me.

until me see a slightly more settled team after the window its impossible to say

wattie exploited

I thought Cowie played better when he was Captain and was a bit shocked when Kitchen got it still would like to see either Martin or Hughes getting it