2 signings getting close......

Clerry Jambo

Anyone care to paste? I'm on mobile and I refuse to answer their stupid ******* surveys!

There's usually an option underneath the survey notice to just skip it.

Rudi Hates Hibees

I think we will make 4 more signings. 2 strikers, a winger and a centre half.

At least I hope so.

Bazzas right boot

It's all going to click soon, someone is going to take a pasting, hibs game is good timing

Parkhead is still a concern, although you never know. Football is a funny old game n all that.

Nb- once we get past Raith, ofc.

Bazzas right boot

I think we will make 4 more signings. 2 stikers, a winger and a centre half.

At least I hope so.

A wife option would be good.

boy_in_maroon

Hearts are closing in on two more new signings as they attempt to add another striker and centre-back to their squad. Head coach Ian Cathro will take his number of new recruits to six before the January transfer window closes if negotiations reach a successful conclusion. He wants another forward to compete with Bjorn Johnsen and Conor Sammon up front, whilst extra experience in defence is also seen as a priority. Talks have taken place with prospective targets and Cathro told the Evening News that progress is being made

Rudolf's Mate

Striker & Centre Half due imminently, it seems.

Cheers bud. I'm having issues with my phone and websites whereby it reloads them at a ridiculous rate (1 sec) so gave up.

glastonbury jambo

Hearts are closing in on two more new signings as they attempt to add another striker and centre-back to their squad. Head coach Ian Cathro will take his number of new recruits to six before the January transfer window closes if negotiations reach a successful conclusion. He wants another forward to compete with Bjorn Johnsen and Conor Sammon up front, whilst extra experience in defence is also seen as a priority. Talks have taken place with prospective targets and Cathro told the Evening News that progress is being made. ?We need to add that ?attacking option and we?ll look to bring in another option at centre-back. We need cover in those areas,? he explained. ?We?re quite far down the line with those things and once we?ve got everything done then the fans will be first to know. ?We need to do some things to make sure we?ve got the right options and balance across the squad. What we need to do over the next couple of days is see exactly what those will be. We have to be professional about making the right ?decisions.? Hearts face Raith Rovers at Tynecastle this evening in a Scottish Cup fourth round replay. Cathro admitted his players owe the fans a performance and result after Sunday?s 1-1 draw at Stark?s Park. ?We want the crowd to be with us. The more people who can come along the better because I think we owe them a little bit,? he said. ?We certainly feel that. ?We want their support and we want to give them the football and the win that they deserve. We can move forward together after that.? The 30-year-old is less than two months into his first managerial job but insists Hearts are already making progress. He conceded that improvement has yet to manifest itself in results on the park, with only one win in six games since he replaced Robbie Neilson. ?I see it every day. That?s one of the reasons why I feel the frustration 1000 times more,? he explained. ?I know what we are and where we will reach and I know everything will work. Nobody else does right now so what we need to do is talk less, show more.? He stressed that his post-match BBC television interview at Stark?s Park on Sunday was evidence of his frustration. ?I can?t even remember what I said or what the boy asked me. ?That?s a representation of being frustrated and upset. It?s easier for me to stay calm and focused because I know where we are going and I know we?ll be ready to do it. ?We?ve added players and we will improve and I?ll look to add more and improve again. I know these things. The frustration is we have passed another game where we have not given the fans reason to believe. ?That hurts all of us but that?s a sign we need to accept as part of our life. We are going ? we?re not sitting still. The disappointing part and the part that leaves me with a feeling of frustration is that we haven?t let others see it. ?People only see results and I know that only with them will come the belief from outside. That doesn?t mean that we haven?t been moving forward. You can?t move forward for a long time without winning ? we know that and that?s our job. It?s a gradual thing.?

glastonbury jambo

"yep theres 2 strikers coming in and a creative midfielder....hopefully , talks are ongoing"

That's what you said GJ.

Unless you know more than Cathro's letting on? :)

I'm only messing anyway, but I'd love it to be as you've said, though going by that interview, it's not what's coming in.

At least there IS a striker due though. We all need a wee lift.

wait and see {-;

Being a glass half full guy the positive from one of IC other interviews is that these are signings he didn't think possible at start of window, not time is running out players may still want to get a move.

Hopefully of the pedigree a bit above what we would normally get?

That said as long as they do the business I couldn't care where theyre from or who they've played for

A wife option would be good.

By which you mean we need to sign a player with a top notch WAG?

I agree fully!

In fact I think all players should be scouted and vetted for the quality of the bursds.

Michael Mols would never have gotten near my football club is all I'm saying

Jambof3tornado

The lift a new striker would add could be doubled by shipping Sammon.

I've stood up for him but he really is mince.

Behold the return of The Moose... Centre back and target man all in one!

To be honest, such a signing would be OK. It would still improve our forward line, if it meant Sammon was nowhere near the first team squad.

The lift a new striker would add could be doubled by shipping Sammon.

I've stood up for him but he really is mince.

I think getting him out on loan to club where he will score goals will help get his confidence up.

I think getting him out on loan to club where he will score goals will help get his confidence up.

He hasn't scored goals for years. I'd rather we got rid permanently.

Bazzas right boot

By which you mean we need to sign a player with a top notch WAG?

I agree fully!

In fact I think all players should be scouted and vetted for the quality of the bursds.

Michael Mols would never have gotten near my football club is all I'm saying

Lol, ffs just seen that.

A wide option

Although your criteria has merit

?I know what we are and where we will reach and I know everything will work. Nobody else does right now so what we need to do is talk less, show more.?

New faces are always welcome, but the bit in bold above gives me more hope than anything else he says.

I believe, he's made it known he wants to stay and fight for his place.

In other words, "**** ye, I'm happy taking the money here, ta."

All our own doing. Maybe he's a bit more professional in his outlook than Juwon, and he does decide to go get some game time somewhere.

Who'd want him though. Genuinely.

Or he is happy to pick up a decent wage for very little. Not that I blame him. We offered him the contract, and as shit as he is, he is meeting the terms of it.

LSD Eindhoven

yeah look at you right enough...

Apologies for not giving you the adulation that you clearly crave.

Drop me a PM with your address and I'll pop a ITK trophy in the post

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

No. He is shit.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Or he is happy to pick up a decent wage for very little. Not that I blame him. We offered him the contract, and as shit as he is, he is meeting the terms of it.

Correct. It's our **** up, not his. However he should make up his lack of ability with effort on the park.

Correct. It's our **** up, not his. However he should make up his lack of ability with effort on the park.

Fair point.

Unfortunately, jogging about for a few minutes, and crouching when trying to head the ball is still probably meeting the terms of the contract.

New faces are always welcome, but the bit in bold above gives me more hope than anything else he says.

Indeed. To be fair to him, the media have been all us since he became our head coach and they have psychanalysed every single word. A few wins and they will leave him alone, at least until we start to threaten the old firm.

I really like Cathro and couldn't care less how he comes across because the players certainly seem to be taking to him and that's all that matters.

Good news!

Any ITKers fancy sharing some little details on who these may be? Love people taking wild guesses at them!

Indeed. To be fair to him, the media have been all us since he became our head coach and they have psychanalysed every single word. A few wins and they will leave him alone, at least until we start to threaten the old firm.

I really like Cathro and couldn't care less how he comes across because the players certainly seem to be taking to him and that's all that matters.

This, clearly a smart guy with a vision. 

I just hope he's given the time to implement it (I.e not chased off by media/fans)

Aye the players have been superb since Cathro joined!?! 1 win in 6.

Aye the players have been superb since Cathro joined!?! 1 win in 6.

I think you just need a pat on the head and a lollipop kid

I believe, he's made it known he wants to stay and fight for his place.

In other words, "**** ye, I'm happy taking the money here, ta."

All our own doing. Maybe he's a bit more professional in his outlook than Juwon, and he does decide to go get some game time somewhere.

Who'd want him though. Genuinely.

Dundee Utd wanted him. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38389260 

highlandjambo3

he wants another forward to compete with Connor Sammon................i could bung my name in there to compete with him........... as could my 2 granddaughters age 5 and 9

Jambof3tornado

Would Whitehill Welfare take him?

Don't think he is eligible for Spartans under 9s though?

Would still like to see 2 strikers and a winger in (and Osh and Sammon punted but trying to be somewhat realistic here....) but this is encouraging.

Archived