Tottenham's new stadium

jamboinglasgow

I heard that they’ve built it without a trophy room .......... because they don’t expect to

win any in the near future if ever!!!

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• benny

• Mikey1874

• Arthur Morgan

• EagleJambo

Have got tickets for my son and myself for the first competitive game next week, Spurs vs Crystal Palace (albeit in the away section) so will report back on first impressions. Looking forward to seeing the stadium close up as it looks stunning. Wasn't a fan of White Hart Lane (seats really cramped) apart from Gordon Smith's thumping volley against the bar and Harry Kane missing a pen! Will also be interesting to see what the atmosphere is like - am hoping the Palace support will out-sing them as usual but probably depends on the scoreline. Zaha to get the winner?!

Guest Paul Allen
1 hour ago, David Bennett said:

Have got tickets for my son and myself for the first competitive game next week, Spurs vs Crystal Palace (albeit in the away section) so will report back on first impressions. Looking forward to seeing the stadium close up as it looks stunning. Wasn't a fan of White Hart Lane (seats really cramped) apart from Gordon Smith's thumping volley against the bar and Harry Kane missing a pen! Will also be interesting to see what the atmosphere is like - am hoping the Palace support will out-sing them as usual but probably depends on the scoreline. Zaha to get the winner?!

Who cares. We're away to Rangers that night. No PHM credentials for you, mate.

15 minutes ago, Paul Allen said:

Who cares. We're away to Rangers that night. No PHM credentials for you, mate.

Fair play - correctly put in my place, even if I'll be checking for updates during the game!

Guest Paul Allen
1 minute ago, David Bennett said:

Fair play - correctly put in my place, even if I'll be checking for updates during the game!

Good man. ?

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, David Bennett said:

Hopefully.

4 hours ago, David Bennett said:

Is it still £30 a ticket.

On 25/03/2019 at 10:00, Jamhammer said:

Shame Spurs play at it ?

In all seriousness if West Ham had built a new stadium near Upton Park the fans would have been a lot happier. I know a lot of punters who have refused to go to the OS

Why have they not got any binoculars?

4 hours ago, Angel eyes said:

Why have they not got any binoculars?

Pretty much like the Pieman scenario here. Lot of blokes won’t go back whilst Sullivan, in particular is at the club. 

19 hours ago, benny said:

Is it still £30 a ticket.

It is - £30 for adult away ticket and £22.50 for my son. Really good value - one thing I give EPL credit for when they introduced consistent ticket prices for away supporters. Has been £30 for last 3 or 4 seasons and they just confirmed this price will continue for next 2 or 3 seasons. Was speaking to a friend who is a Spurs fan and has purchased 2 season tickets for next season - £3,000 each. Absolute madness!

Voiceofreasonfortheseason

On the Spurs stadium and honestly - for the money spent and the fact we raised so much of it ourselves, I am more proud of Tynecastle.  It's home and it's ours.  

Arthur Morgan
9 hours ago, David Bennett said:

It is - £30 for adult away ticket and £22.50 for my son. Really good value - one thing I give EPL credit for when they introduced consistent ticket prices for away supporters. Has been £30 for last 3 or 4 seasons and they just confirmed this price will continue for next 2 or 3 seasons. Was speaking to a friend who is a Spurs fan and has purchased 2 season tickets for next season - £3,000 each. Absolute madness!

? Highest price is £2,200.

9 hours ago, Arthur Morgan said:

? Highest price is £2,200.

They said £3,000 season ticket was for 'premium seating' with cash bar and buffet food before the game.

So - first impressions of their new stadium:

- Very impressive - both inside and out;

- South Stand looks massive (we were in opposite stand) and can imagine it will create a wall of sound at big games against City in CL or Arsenal;

- Barriers in front of the seats where we were so imagine they are planning for possibility of safe standing at some stage;

- Decent prices for London - £4 for pint of lager and £3.50 for a pie;

- Ran out of lager at HT! Palace support not impressed!;

- Relatively easy to get out and away after game. Thought it might be a problem with 62,000 instead of 34,000 but was fine;

- P**££"d off that Palace didn't give them more of a game. Fair few grumbles amongst Palace support now with Hodgson's tactics; and

- Even more p**££"d off when I heard the Hearts score at HT and FT.

Overall, interesting experience. State of the art stadium in the middle of a pretty run-down area. Heard of number of complaints from local businesses who have been there for years and feel they are being pushed out in the pursuit of corporate money. I know I'm biased, but give me Hearts and Palace where they try to work with their communities rather than against.

31 minutes ago, David Bennett said:

Overall, interesting experience. State of the art stadium in the middle of a pretty run-down area. Heard of number of complaints from local businesses who have been there for years and feel they are being pushed out in the pursuit of corporate money. I know I'm biased, but give me Hearts and Palace where they try to work with their communities rather than against.

Interesting take on it. Spurs have put lots of community related things in as part of the deal with the local council,  including housing, sport facilities, and a medical centre. 

Meanwhile Tottenham have announced an amazing £106 million profit for 2017/18. 

Helped by playing at Wembley. 

Still think it looks a bit shit

Three lots of electric ad boards separating the upper tier sections, how intimating for the opposition that must be. Prawn sandwich brigade with their glass of Chardonnay calling opposition players bloody tossers?

The home fan wall behind the goal is impressive though

3 hours ago, Tazio said:

Interesting take on it. Spurs have put lots of community related things in as part of the deal with the local council,  including housing, sport facilities, and a medical centre. 

Was thinking that myself.

Always thought Spurs were a community club.

On 28/03/2019 at 07:15, Seymour M Hersh said:

One thousand million pounds. Let that sink in. That's how much this ground has cost them. 

They'll recoup a fifth of that when Man U buy Kane in the summer.

4 minutes ago, Craig_ said:

They'll recoup a fifth of that when Man U buy Kane in the summer.

A player like Kane only leaves to a better club.

Arthur Morgan
18 minutes ago, benny said:

A player like Kane only leaves to a better club.

Man Utd will be better than Spurs next season under OGS imo. 

1 hour ago, benny said:

Was thinking that myself.

Always thought Spurs were a community club.

Fair point. Probably me looking through maroon and red & blue tinted specs. I read a report that Spurs want a compulsory order to demolish some businesses near White Hart Lane station so that they can have a wider and clearer walkway to the stadium though it looks fine as it is. That doesn't strike me as community minded. Though I suppose if/when Palace get approval for their stadium upgrade they will face similar accusations. 

johnking123
1 hour ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Man Utd will still struggle next season.

The Old Tolbooth

You think Spurs are going to drop THAT much? 

He started 6th in the table and is now 6th in the table.

So no improvement this season so far.

Is that now 3 defeats in 4.

See no reason that Utd will be better than Spurs next season.

Arthur Morgan

I'm biased :D

You have to remember, none of these players are his. He needs time and will get good funds in the summer. I have faith in him :) 

United are a massive 3 points behind Spurs, the gap isn't that big. 

Fair point. Probably me looking through maroon and red & blue tinted specs. I read a report that Spurs want a compulsory order to demolish some businesses near White Hart Lane station so that they can have a wider and clearer walkway to the stadium though it looks fine as it is. That doesn't strike me as community minded. Though I suppose if/when Palace get approval for their stadium upgrade they will face similar accusations. 

As far as I know the only club that have been complete and utter shits in terms of redevelopment are Liverpool. Basically made the streets at one part of the ground into unsellable ghettos by buying up houses at gradually cheaper prices and then boarding them up until there were a handful of people still living there that couldn't get proper money for their houses and had to accept whatever they were offered. 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/david-conn-inside-sport-blog/2013/may/06/anfield-liverpool-david-conn

brunoatemyhamster

It's a stunning stadium, no doubt about it. 

Imagine spunking ONE BILLION pounds on it and booking this guy to sing your song at the opening ceremony though!

Would you ever live it down? 

download (2).jpeg

Edited by brunoatemyhamster

50 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

You have to remember, none of these players are his. He needs time and will get good funds in the summer. I have faith in him :) 

Plus a massive 19 behind City.

6 seasons in a row City have finished above them.

Arthur Morgan
49 minutes ago, benny said:

Plus a massive 19 behind City.

6 seasons in a row City have finished above them.

I'm talking about Spurs and Utd not City.

1 hour ago, brunoatemyhamster said:

It's a stunning stadium, no doubt about it. 

Imagine spunking ONE BILLION pounds on it and booking this guy to sing your song at the opening ceremony though!

Would you ever live it down? 

download (2).jpeg

When he came out we thought he was Razor Ruddock! What a joke. Totally underwhelmed by opening ceremony. Best songs of the night were "Can you hear the Tottenham sing" and "Is this the Emirates."

5 hours ago, Arthur Morgan said:

With ole at the wheel,Mm time will tell 

brunoatemyhamster

When he came out we thought he was Razor Ruddock! What a joke. Totally underwhelmed by opening ceremony. Best songs of the night were "Can you hear the Tottenham sing" and "Is this the Emirates."

Not saying he's not a bad chanter, but Adele too expensive or something? It's a bit like getting Wagner to do the half time draw. 

3 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Stadium looks insane. 

Absolutely incredible

Teething problems run out of beer! And getting away at end of the game was a nightmare with transport links but no everything going to go to plan for a start plus the capacity which is supposed to be over 60k is going to be restricted due to segregation which social media reports say with take it below the 60k mark.

Governor Tarkin
11 hours ago, Geoff the Mince said:

great club .

Unless you're a member of the Labour party.

Unknown user
4 hours ago, Arthur Morgan said:

The only track record Solskjaer has with signings in the premier league is shit and ended up with him getting the sack at Cardiff, what reason is there to think that his players will improve things?

Not biased either way by the way, it just seems Man U fans are putting a lot of stock in blind faith.

Edited by Smithee

22 minutes ago, Smithee said:

The only track record Solskjaer has with signings in the premier league is shit and ended up with him getting the sack at Cardiff, what reason is there to think that his players will improve things?

Not biased either way by the way, it just seems Man U fans are putting a lot of stock in blind faith.

Bit different in terms of quality 

Got Pogba playing better 

Unknown user
8 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Got Pogba playing better 

Yeah, the players like him better than Mourinho, I get that, but I'm asking why there's so much faith that he'll make great signings when he actually has a fairly poor signing record in the English top flight. 

I get there will be more money and better quality available but it seems to me he's as likely to make poor signings that don't progress the club as good ones.

10 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Got Pogba playing better 

At the start he did.

Nothing startling recently.

They won the first 8 league games under him.

Next 7 they have won 3.Drawn 2 and lost 2.

They started 19 points behind the leaders,Liverpool at the time.

They are still 19 points behind the leaders.

1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Unless you're a member of the Labour party.

Political satire is alive and well on Kickback!  

Arthur Morgan
2 hours ago, Smithee said:

Yeah you can't guarantee anything in football, we'll see what happens. He has the players playing for him and that's one part of the battle as manager. 

Unknown user
26 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Yeah you can't guarantee anything in football, we'll see what happens. He has the players playing for him and that's one part of the battle as manager. 

This is true, and he's a very smart guy, but there's a hell of a lot more than that needed to beat the best. 

I pretty much wish him well, he was a cracking player and seems a nice guy but I just can't see much to justify such faith in him. 

Edited by Smithee