Tottenham's new stadium

jamboinglasgow

jamboinglasgow

More information was released today of Spurs new stadium. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-38682911

Just mental, what can be made with so much money. A micro brewery which can create 10,000 pints a minute, a 17,000 seater single tier stand, in house bakery, climbing walls outside. And cost ?750m.

Though one thing I cant get my head around is that as they are going to host NFL games the grass pitch is retractable and an artificial pitch is underneath. I have seen stadiums that have retractable pitches (such as Schalkes one) they normally have area outside the stadium where the pitch goes. But in every image I have seen of the new White Hart Lane there is no space. Any one know what happens.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• benny

• Mikey1874

• Arthur Morgan

• EagleJambo

jamboinglasgow

Pocchetino is not a fan of the ?19000 tunnel ticket.

A bit reticent, that if anything kicks off in the tunnel and "supporters" see it all.

I doubt Daniel Levy gives a monkey's well worn vagina, what his manager thinks about it though...

Seems to be a new trend clubs are doing. Man City are currently bringing in one. I agree that I dont really see the point of paying so much more money so you can see the players in the tunnel for a maximum of 5 minutes.

Lucille's Thirsty

For 750m quid they can probably afford to pay a fairy to make it disappear!

I can see that having over their head for some time like.

The stadium looks amazing, but it's a disgusting amount of money that just shows how utterly, utterly mental the English game has become.

Seymour M Hersh

Who's paying for it?

Spurs I think. There sees to be luxury flats adjoining the ground that will help in the cost (when sold for obscene amounts, it being london & all).

Jambof3tornado

Seems to be a new trend clubs are doing. Man City are currently bringing in one. I agree that I dont really see the point of paying so much more money so you can see the players in the tunnel for a maximum of 5 minutes.

The point is that people 'will' pay to see players in the tunnel for any small amount of time.

Supply and demand.

Another NFL influence.

The point is that people 'will' pay to see players in the tunnel for any small amount of time.

Supply and demand.

Yip. Some people will pay big to see anything. Its just people walking up a tunnel FFS! Fools and their money are easily seperated.

Amazing football stadium though. ?750M? WTF?

More information was released today of Spurs new stadium.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-38682911

Just mental, what can be made with so much money. A micro brewery which can create 10,000 pints a minute, a 17,000 seater single tier stand, in house bakery, climbing walls outside. And cost ?750m.

Though one thing I cant get my head around is that as they are going to host NFL games the grass pitch is retractable and an artificial pitch is underneath. I have seen stadiums that have retractable pitches (such as Schalkes one) they normally have area outside the stadium where the pitch goes. But in every image I have seen of the new White Hart Lane there is no space. Any one know what happens.

The first Google result when I searched for "Tottenham retractable pitch" might help.

https://www.google.com/amp/cartilagefreecaptain.sbnation.com/platform/amp/2015/10/9/9472553/tottenham-hotspur-northumberland-development-project-stadium-retractable-pitch-nfl?client=safari

Mental to think that even after a 20,000 or so upgrade they'll likely still sell it out immediately. Sure their season ticket waiting list is more than 40,000 long.

• 2 years later...

No idea if true or not but somebody told me they forgot to put in a decent space for taking cornerso in the design.

So now they are little space between the corner area and the new stands.

Unknown user
4 minutes ago, benny said:

No idea if true or not but somebody told me they forgot to put in a decent space for taking cornerso in the design.

If you look at the post 3 before yours it does look pretty bloody tight!

adambraejambo
5 minutes ago, benny said:

Lol is your friend a Arsenal fan

15 minutes ago, benny said:

Come on Brnny you can clearly see in the pic its fine.

Some jealous people out there as the stadium looks amazing and im no Spurs fan.

The Future's Maroon
13 minutes ago, adambraejambo said:

Lol is your friend a Arsenal fan

I read it online myself about a week ago with a picture showing about a yard before the pitch slips off like Man Utd’s does at the edges.....silly silly mistake by who ever designed it.

jamboinglasgow
19 minutes ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

Looks amazing.

Do they have a hybrid pitch like ours

Their pitch is a hybrid (I think) but it also splits into sections that slide under the stands at the opposite ends so that the artificial pitch underneath can be used for American football.

It does look an amazing stadium. Its hard not to really envy the amount of money around in English football that they can build incredible stadiums like that.

Cracking stadium that'll give Tottenham the platform to really kick on domestically and on the European stage.

9 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

Cracking stadium that'll give Tottenham the platform to really kick on domestically and on the European stage.

As a Hearts fan I'm really excited about the billions  of cash getting invested in English football.

They can keep their fancy stadium anyway its probably so big you need binoculars to see the match.

17 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

*narrator* 

“it did not give them the platform to kick on” 

John mcCartney
10 minutes ago, Jambo100 said:

Was on N C R A406  this morning  have spurs got a game today. Delay warning stadium event.

A406,the north circular mate yeah....you aint far from the ground and it looks like a game goin on there indeed.

Tottenham big team have Palace at home 3/4 and then the following week,Citeh in the champions league 9/4

1 minute ago, John mcCartney said:

A406,the north circular mate yeah....you aint far from the ground and it looks like a game goin on there indeed.

Tottenham big team have Palace at home 3/4 and then the following week,Citeh in the champions league 9/4

Are they allowed to change venues for CL matches in the same season ?

Tottenham are paying for it themselves going from debt free to 600million in the red! They’ve got banking partners to cover initial loans and are going to do a similar scheme to Man United where they sell private bonds to private investors to raise the finance so no public share offer.NFL are also involved playing games at the stadium they’ve also signed with Nike until 2033 naming rights White Hart Lane,Nike arena or something?

6 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Are they allowed to change venues for CL matches in the same season ?

UEFA suits would much rather experience the elite hospitality in their new ground than Wembley again

Geoff the Mince
1 hour ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Shite. 

Better stadium than the Woolwich mob . COYS 

Just now, Geoff the Mince said:

Bigger as well by 100 seats or something?

1 minute ago, Geoff the Mince said:

Are Spurs your big team ?

Hearts just your bit of rough ?

Geoff the Mince
2 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Are Spurs your big team ?

Hearts just your bit of rough ?

Ooh go away you old  bore ! 

On 21/01/2017 at 01:01, Barack said:

Pocchetino is not a fan of the ?19000 tunnel ticket.

A bit reticent, that if anything kicks off in the tunnel and "supporters" see it all.

I doubt Daniel Levy gives a monkey's well worn vagina, what his manager thinks about it though...

Perhaps not what he thinks in terms of where Tottenham play but he’d better humour him in team affairs if it wasn’t for Pochettino Tottenham would be still mid table dross. One thing though I’m sure they are both singing from the same hymn sheet regards the cheese room they have at the new stadium,no football ground should be with out one.

On 21/01/2017 at 01:19, jamboinglasgow said:

I think the City one is one way glass. i.e: fans can see players but players can't see fans......probably see players preening themselves, checking their hair etc........ or scratching their baws lol

On 21/01/2017 at 10:07, Phil Dunphy said:

Yay, another soulless arena with no history or character.

Just what football needs.

Agree. Doesn’t even look remotely like a football stadium 

With all due repect to those complaining have you actually been to the old White Hart lane ?

It was well past its time and far too small for the demand for tickets in recent times

They have a brand spanking new home yards from their old so all can still attend their usual haunts pre and post match

The facilities would seem to be far better than the old ground and they have built it bearing in mind the type of events that will be needed to raise the funds required to operate it

They will suffer financially over the next 10 years or so and it will limit their transfer expenditure but in the long run it is a change they needed to make